IGNORED

Kendra and Joe Duggar 6: Sitting in a tree...M.A.R.R.I.E.D!

samurai_sarah

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/5/2017 at 5:23 PM, QuiverFullofBooks said:

Is it really a good thing, though? He sounds as beaten down as his sisters. No individual opinions allowed. 

Indeed. He kind of reminds me of Joy. You ask either of them what they like and they have no preferences. They'll simply differ to their spouse. It's really messed up.

12 hours ago, feministxtian said:

I have chili in the freezer. Might have to take it out and heat it up soon. Need cornbread tho.

Can't have chili without cornbread.  It ought to be a law.

On 9/21/2017 at 6:18 PM, 2manyKidzzz said:

But....oatmeal cookies are not chocolate chip cookies...are they......

You can totally do oatmeal chocolate chip. I grew up on them!

On 10/1/2017 at 8:05 AM, SapphireSlytherin said:

Probably. Testing the waters, so to speak, to see if there's any interest in JoKen for future spinoffs:

19 Cookies and Counting (starring JoKen)

19 Sons and Counting (Benessa)

19 Flipped Houses and Counting (Jostin)

19 Redemption Kids and Counting (Joshley/Anna)

19 Pairs of Shorts and Counting (JinJer)

19 Obnoxious Tweets and Counting (JillDer)

19 useless pinatas and counting

19 batches of banana bread and counting

19 hideous green shirts and counting

9 hours ago, screamingbuddha said:

You can totally do oatmeal chocolate chip. I grew up on them!

I just can't feel the same about them. Ha ha

Kendra surely is a sweet girl that was raised in this horrible belief system... I get that. But there is something else with her. There is something off. I cannot quite put my finger on it. Maybe I just feel that way due to the fact that I can neither stand the way she talks nor the way she laughs.

1 hour ago, ophelia said:

Kendra surely is a sweet girl that was raised in this horrible belief system... I get that. But there is something else with her. There is something off. I cannot quite put my finger on it. 

I think it is the fact that she has the maturity and vocabulary of a 10 year old. This is the result of living an insular life where women are valued solely as accessories and helpmeets to their husband, I'm sure. In the dress video, she says "My favorite part about the dress is, one, the sparkles but also the bottom of it. " Yeah, that's the whole dress, dear. Bless her heart. 

@laikawolf that's probably it. Her upbringing is not her fault. By fundie standards she's the perfect sweet little girl that she is supposed to be. I hope she isn't as fertile as her mother-in-law. She is still so young and could end up with a busload of children.

16 minutes ago, laikawolf said:

"My favorite part about the dress is, one, the sparkles but also the bottom of it. " Yeah, that's the whole dress, dear. Bless her heart.

Really, the dress doesn't also consist of the neckline, sleeves, silhouette, colour, fabric...? Bless your heart! ;) 

Seriously, though, Kendra is super young and seems super naive, but I'm not quite ready to judge her personality based on what we've seen. She's still a teenager and she wasn't raised on a reality TV show. This is new to her. She's probably really nervous and trying really hard to act, look, and speak the 'right' way. I think it's too bad that she's locked into this lifestyle and clusterfuck that is the Duggar show so early on, but realistically she wasn't raised to think critically at all and was probably never going to break outside the box.

I have to admit that I had a similar feeling with Anna when she married Josh. She got more confident and relaxed with being filmed and I hope the same will happen to Kendra. 

I do feel positive about Joe not to be extremely awful. Kendra is so young and I wish them well for her sake as she is the vulnerable one.

@2manyKidzzz I have hope for Joe as well. When I saw him struggling to hold back the tears at their wedding, I saw that he is a sensitive person that will likely show her a lot of care. There is probably a lot of pressure on him, as the 2nd Duggar son to be married, to not be the scumbag Josh turned out to be. 

On 10/8/2017 at 2:54 AM, Mrs.Right said:

All this talk of chili reminds me of the Office episode with Kevin and his stockpot of chili.:pb_lol:

"It's probably the thing I do best."

8 minutes ago, Incognito22 said:

"They are all gonna get to know each other."

IN THE POT.

3 hours ago, singsingsing said:

Seriously, though, Kendra is super young and seems super naive, but I'm not quite ready to judge her personality based on what we've seen. She's still a teenager and she wasn't raised on a reality TV show. This is new to her. She's probably really nervous and trying really hard to act, look, and speak the 'right' way. I think it's too bad that she's locked into this lifestyle and clusterfuck that is the Duggar show so early on, but realistically she wasn't raised to think critically at all and was probably never going to break outside the box.

She's probably been *around* the film crew for years if she was at many of the events the Duggars were at, which seems likely since they've been in the same circles for 5 years. She's just not used to being in front of the camera and actually having the camera pay deliberate attention to her. Being behind the camera or just seen in shot is way different than being interviewed in talking heads, asked questions, or at least expected to speak in a way that the microphones pick up.

The older Duggar kids have done it since they were teens, and the youngest have never known anything different, so are probably really used to all the tricks and techniques for coming across as they "want" to come across.

But now Kendra, just like the new husbands, has to learn a whole new skill set and develop a comfort level with it. The worst part, though, is that she'll HAVE to learn that skill set, because it's not like they'd let her not do talking heads, even if she really didn't want to. And she'll have to get used to sharing all these details that we might think would be private, but that are central to their mission and testimony. Ugh.

To add on to what @metheglyn said, I remember we recently discussed an embarrassing manufactured incident with Anna, when she discussed how Josh lets her know when he's in the mood. (I think it was in a Josh and Anna thread.) I really don't want to know that about Joe, but am afraid Kendra will be asked!

1 hour ago, Audrey2 said:

how Josh lets her know when he's in the mood. (I think it was in a Josh and Anna thread.)

Where was this? My curiosity is getting the better of me and i'm going to regret asking...

1 hour ago, kachuu said:

Where was this? My curiosity is getting the better of me and i'm going to regret asking...

I think Jim Boob's was, "hey,hey, hey'.

1 hour ago, kachuu said:

This is from the Josh and Anna thread after Mason was announced. It is the current Josh and Anna thread. At least one more poster responded to this, remembering it as well.

On 9/20/2017 at 9:30 AM, Fluffy14 said:

I spent some time looking online but can't find the clip. 

I distinctly remember a scene with Anna in her bedroom making her bed or something. She mentioned babies and what not. They she patted Josh'so side of the bed and said when he turns down the sheet earlier than bed time it is an indication or signal he wants sex that night.

I remember it so well because 

A. I WAS EMBARRASSED that she would reveal something so private. 

B. I was embarrassed that she would reveal something so intimate about their sex life, that was so condescending thinking it was normal.

C. Embarrassed that he was in charge of initian,  and it seemed that she had no control over her own needs being met.

Do.  I was left wondering where in the world Josh got such a cold , robotic attitude towards intimacy.

And sadly after the scandal came out the realization that bedding Anna was a function only probably to relieve her hinting about sex. It made her nudging and hint hint, towards sex on their talking head clip during their road trip painfully real. 

E.  IT EXPOSED josh's lack lustre response to Anna's pregnancy reveal when she wakes up Josh and piles the kids on bed on top of him.

14 hours ago, laikawolf said:

I think it is the fact that she has the maturity and vocabulary of a 10 year old. This is the result of living an insular life where women are valued solely as accessories and helpmeets to their husband, I'm sure. In the dress video, she says "My favorite part about the dress is, one, the sparkles but also the bottom of it. " Yeah, that's the whole dress, dear. Bless her heart. 

I don't get the sense that she or Joe has much...intellectual depth.  I wonder what, other than the bible and cookies, they spend any time talking about.

2 hours ago, Dandruff said:

I don't get the sense that she or Joe has much...intellectual depth.  I wonder what, other than the bible and cookies, they spend any time talking about.

I think this is one of the (many) reasons they will have children quickly: not a lot to talk about ;)

But also, once they have children, there will always be something to talk about. 

14 hours ago, laikawolf said:

I think this is one of the (many) reasons they will have children quickly: not a lot to talk about ;)

But also, once they have children, there will always be something to talk about. 

I know a woman like that, she is radical Hillsong.

She's also annoying AF and a horrible woman.

Despite her knowing me for years and being great friends with some of her good friends, she wont talk to me because I don't have kids... she'll only talk to other people with kids at parties.

Thank god she leaves like 2 hours after parties start (after coming right on time!)

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived