IGNORED

Joy and Austin 13: Another Duggar Pregnancy Grandbaby 10

Coconut Flan

2 hours ago, Snarkle Motion said:

I just don't completely trust Austin.

I don't really trust any fundie man, and especially not these guys who make a point of seeking sheltered, immature women much younger than themselves. (No, I'm not trying to start yet another discussion on age differences! I'm sure there are lots of good examples of couples with big age differences, but I'm not talking about them.) Jeremy is probably the worst of the lot in that regard, IMO, and I think there's something really creepy about him and do not think he deserves the relatively good reputation he seems to have on FJ.

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When it comes to Austin,  I think he will be a better match.  They grew up so similar and have known another for years.  The other 3 did not grow up in Duggarville level religiousness.  I imagine he feels familiar to Joy.

I don't trust any fundie.  But, I think these two are the same flavor of kool aid.  I also thing Joy looks further along but highly doubt they had pre-marital sex.  Between the Duggars and Forsyths watching, no way.  Anyone else I'd think yes.  

On 9/1/2017 at 9:45 AM, Fjrocks said:

There is a difference between a fetus and a baby. YOU just demonstrated even YOU see them as not the same.  That's fine, that's your legal right and I will defend it. But...

Get off the damn pulpit.  

Thank you, and Amen.

2 hours ago, singsingsing said:

How about https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dildo,_Newfoundland_and_Labrador?

Or for silly but non-risque possibilities, my personal favourite: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moose_Factory

Dildo Newfondland! I have worked at a couple of different call centre jobs where we had access to national directories. Sometimes, when my colleagues and i were bored, we'd enter random naughty words and see what would pop up. One day my colleague phoned a listing for 'Dildo Action and Adventure Tours' just to ask what the tours entailed of.

Joy and Austin knowing each other is good, but I don't think that erases all other problems. I don't know how well they actually knew each other before the last few years anyway; their families being friends doesn't mean that the two of them knew each other particularly well, especially since they're four years apart and probably didn't get a whole lot of opposite-sex interaction anyway.

1 hour ago, Rachel333 said:

I don't really trust any fundie man, and especially not these guys who make a point of seeking sheltered, immature women much younger than themselves. (No, I'm not trying to start yet another discussion on age differences! I'm sure there are lots of good examples of couples with big age differences, but I'm not talking about them.) Jeremy is probably the worst of the lot in that regard, IMO, and I think there's something really creepy about him and do not think he deserves the relatively good reputation he seems to have on FJ.

Agreed. Most of the fundie men are concerning. I just get extra creep vibes from Austin. 

I find Jeremy more palatable, but possibly more dangerous for this reason. Like Ted Buddy charm -it masks the danger and gets people to trust. My creepdar changes and isn't always correct- I didn't get creep vibes from Derick.

Ben has never creeped me out, he just seems naive, but he's impressed me to a degree since marriage. Ben gives off lost puppy vibes but he seems to know how to conduct himself publicly (not necessarily the best speaker, lol, but def better than derick). Brandon Keilen totally creeped me out at first but now I feel he's just socially awkward not necessarily creepy or dangerous (any more than any other guys). I've always liked Chad but could see him being potentially like Jeremy to a degree (tho Chad seems less like an act). And the Webster boy gave me creeps at first, but now I think he is mildly awkward and doesn't necessarily have a lot going on upstairs similar to Ben.

But Austin and his dad give me the same creeps I always felt about josh. Not saying they are the same, just there is a smarmy self-entitledness and something that rubs me the wrong way that I don't trust.

But ultimately, how happy the girls seem is really the ultimate sign. Jinger and Jessa seems happy and thriving where Jill does not, that says something to me. Time will tell after Joys first year of marriage and that honeymoon period is over.

I think Ben being younger and probably about as sheltered/inexperienced as Jessa when they started courting is part of why, to me, they seem to have the least concerning power dynamic. (Though with patriarchal beliefs there's going to be a serious imbalance of power in any fundie marriage.)

I don't pay attention to the Bateses as much, but I'm not particularly impressed with any of the men there either. IMO Chad hasn't really done much other than appear to care about his wife, which isn't really saying a lot considering that he still endorses abusive, patriarchal beliefs. It frustrates me how much commendation men get for doing the bare minimum in terms of being a decent husband and father.

(My mom has told me that when I was a baby a lot of women would go on and on about what a wonderful father my dad was for doing things like hold me and change diapers. He once started to talk the same way about my mom -- "She's so wonderful, she watches the baby for me when I'm in class and she even changes diapers!" -- but apparently no one really got the point he was trying to make. :pb_lol:)

4 hours ago, singsingsing said:

How about https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dildo,_Newfoundland_and_Labrador?

Or for silly but non-risque possibilities, my personal favourite: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moose_Factory

We also have 

Blow Me Down Provincial Park

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conception_Bay

Then there's the good ones

Hearts Delight, Hearts Desire, Hearts Content, and Cupids! :P 

Joy's pregnancy is depressing but not at all surprising.

The way JB is propping Michelle up in that awful "congratulations! Baybeeeeeesss! Blessing!" video is concerning. The way he clutches at her and prods her into position... reminds me of hostage situations. :my_sad:

Although I do enjoy the return of the hideous green shirt!

4 hours ago, candygirl200413 said:

My friend has a Intercourse, PA car decal in her car which gets me every time :pb_lol:

I just passed through intercourse today! :laughing-rollingred:

On 2017-09-01 at 9:41 AM, LacyMay said:

I know my parents love me and have never doubted it, however I vividly recall the first time my mom told me I was an accident and when I was old enough to piece together that they likely considered terminating the pregnancy.

None of the Duggar kids have genuinely had to question if their parents wanted them and I think that has to count for something. It might not be much in the light of the toxic religious environment but it's something. 

Does it matter though? I have no idea how wanted I was (and I don't care at all) but I know for sure my youngest sister was an accident. I don't think my parents considered abortion but I know they only planned two kids. We also really wanted her to be a brother. But all that was before we knew her. Now she's here and we love her. I would much rather be completly unwanted at conception and then brought up without blanket training and with love and support no matter what I wanted to do in my life and who I wanted to love then the other way around.

On 2017-09-03 at 4:54 AM, SadieJane said:

Yeah. Like, I get RP'ing like fantasy things or whatever, but hey are RPing sheltered naive girls who probably have no idea this is even happening. It's just awkward. Awkward all around. Well fake Anna (I am going with fake) says mid february and since those dudes are stalker like, I am going to say that the date is going to be Febrary 24th, and it will be huge, probably a girl, and they will name her after a city. lmao I'm a nerd.

RPing real people is just beyond creepy.

February 24th is Miniways birthday. Good day to have a baby. Hope she too gets a boy but hope she doesn't get my 53 hour labour though since she will most likely have it at home and it was sucky and scary enough in hospital with proper medical care around.

I had to go check if I shared my birthday with a Duggar. And I did not. Yet. Guess it's only a matter of time. 

On 2017-09-03 at 6:58 AM, HarryPotterFan said:

Next time on Counting On: Jim Bob goes to his first Brony convention!

I'd watch that. :)

1 hour ago, Rachel333 said:

I think Ben being younger and probably about as sheltered/inexperienced as Jessa when they started courting is part of why, to me, they seem to have the least concerning power dynamic. (Though with patriarchal beliefs there's going to be a serious imbalance of power in any fundie marriage.)

I don't pay attention to the Bateses as much, but I'm not particularly impressed with any of the men there either. IMO Chad hasn't really done much other than appear to care about his wife, which isn't really saying a lot considering that he still endorses abusive, patriarchal beliefs. It frustrates me how much commendation men get for doing the bare minimum in terms of being a decent husband and father.

I agree about Ben. He sort of seemed like a stalker at first, but I think this was partly youth. His willingness to live with the family and submit to JBs rules  and increased time to get to know eachother was actually good for their relationship.

Chad is impressive in my opinion. He let his wife finish school, changed his plans to live closer to her family, seems to allow her to make a lot of decisions about their life/home, etc. Yeah, those are pretty basic for most healthy relationships but not fundies. It's also the way he speaks about Erin and seems to always genuinely put her and her family first. Given their belief system, the fact that he seems to put his wife above himself and his needs is what makes him seem so much better than the rest of fundie men.

1 hour ago, Iamtheway said:

I have no idea how wanted I was (and I don't care at all) but I know for sure my youngest sister was an accident. I don't think my parents considered abortion but I know they only planned two kids. We also really wanted her to be a brother. But all that was before we knew her. Now she's here and we love her.

Are you my sister? I'm THAT third child, everything you said was my family.

2 hours ago, Rachel333 said:

I definitely agree about Ben! Derick immediately gave me creeper vibes, but that's because there were a lot of kids at my (moderately-sized/academically-strong/southern/etc etc etc) university who were awkward single missionary "do you have a moment to hear about our lord and savior Jesus Christ" types just biding their time to find a spouse just like them, and automatically read Dwreck  as one of those exact types for OSU lol. Austin seems a bit phony/forced/creeperish when speaking to the cameras, but a lot less of that when interacting with Joy, so I feel slightly better about him. 

Jeremy I could see why some are creeped by him, but he also seems the most like a mature, responsible adult *capable* of supporting (financially or otherwise) the meek/follower/helpmeet wives these Duggars try to be. He does seem to be trying to encourage Jinger in some personal growth....it'd be better if she sought initiative within herself for that of course, but oh well. 

Of all the BILs, Ben has received the most sustained help from Duggarville; from employment, housing and physical locale, he has been in the most assisted position.  I think this also helped Ben and Jessal's transition to adult life, tremendously

3 hours ago, Snarkle Motion said:

Agreed. Most of the fundie men are concerning. I just get extra creep vibes from Austin. 

I've only watched the Counting On show in small bits, but the kid is intense.  And an intense male fundie is always scary to me. 

17 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Of all the BILs, Ben has received the most sustained help from Duggarville; from employment, housing and physical locale, he has been in the most assisted position.  I think this also helped Ben and Jessal's transition to adult life, tremendously

I think it was because JB had no other alternative not to do this because Jessa apparently was adamant to marry  him and we have to remember he was 17 when they met.  And 19 when they were married.  

Maybe by the time he is 27 and has five kids he can support them without being employed and housed by JB and family. 

Will counting on be on the air - doubt it. ?

4 minutes ago, JenniferJuniper said:

I've only watched the Counting On show in small bits, but the kid is intense.  And an intense male fundie is always scary to me. 

I'm glad I'm not the only one seeing this. Austin is kind of an enigma to me for now, because I have seen him occasionally appearing relaxed, showing a sense of humour and so on, but damn. I get a really intense vibe from him. None of the others have thrown up red flags for me like Austin does. I seriously hope I'm wrong about him.

Knob Lick, Missouri, has always been one of my favorites...

Also in Missouri:  

Climax Springs

Licking

Pilot Knob

Knob Noster

Cooter

4 hours ago, Rachel333 said:

(My mom has told me that when I was a baby a lot of women would go on and on about what a wonderful father my dad was for doing things like hold me and change diapers. He once started to talk the same way about my mom -- "She's so wonderful, she watches the baby for me when I'm in class and she even changes diapers!" -- but apparently no one really got the point he was trying to make. :pb_lol:)

I think I have a tiny platonic crush on your dad. :my_blush:

4 hours ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

Knob Lick, Missouri, has always been one of my favorites...

Also in Missouri:  

Climax Springs

Licking

Pilot Knob

Knob Noster

Cooter

Bald Knob Arkansas

Austin scares me the most too, mostly because them joing together means joining together two very fundie families and I am scared that if things go sour Joy will be genuinely fully trapped and have absolutely no way out of her life situation. At worst she is trapped between two families that will all say don't rock the boat and perhaps become very isolated from any other influence. I don'ẗ necessarily think this will happen but if it does their marriage seems the most dangerous one.

I like Jeremy and Ben. None are perfect, Jeremy seems a bit full of himself and a bit vain and in need of reassurance from women (now his wife) and Ben seems to still be immature and a bit goofy but he is growing on me. Both seem capable of at least considering more perspectives than their own. My hope is that both of them will go a little more main stream as times passes. Jeremy has had a "wild period" according to himself and he might have changed back more to how he was raised but if you have changed once you can do it again. I think that Ben is already starting to see that he can in fact think for himself and is not obligated to follow all the Duggar rules so there is hope for him too as I see it. Jessa might not change as much but I think that Ben will be fine with that and they will find some kind of compromise. I think that Jessa and Ben might be the type of couple who will grow together rather than apart even though they married young. Jeremy and Jinger already seem compatible and not need that as much because they are also older. All couples change of course, fundie or not.

About Derick. I am not a total Derick hater, I think that if he gets himself together and seek treatment for what I think are some issues with depression I think he will be fine. Unfortunately I do think that their marriage is unhappy at the moment and that if Derick gets healthier he might choose to end the marriage. It will be devastating for Jill if that happens but probably the best for both of them. I think that there is a small chance that they both might improve now that they are in the US and they might be able to move forward but right now I see them as the marriage which I have the least hope for. I used to think that Jessa and Ben were just horny but now I am starting to believe that their relationship has more substance than I first thought and that Derick and Jill are worse off than I believed just 6 month ago. 

Josh and Anna... Well I am waiting for a new scandal and I think that Josh will then also break free from the family and from his marriage and it will be a tragedy for Anna in the short run but a gain in the long run hopefully. I think that if Josh doesn't step up to the plate with child support that JB and Michelle may actually do so. I think they do love and care for their grandchildren that much because it would be almost impossible for Anna to make it on her own at least until her kids are a bit older.

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived