IGNORED

Jinger 29: New House and New Wardrobe

Coconut Flan

Call me a weirdo but Jinger is looking hella fine lately. Like "I know you hate gays but damn"

Seriously though, it's nice to see her developing a unique sense of style now that she's allowed her own style and personality! It makes me sad though that she and I are the same age, I grew up fairly sheltered, but in comparison, I might as well have lived at least a good half a decade longer. I was at least mostly allowed to be my own person, she's only had 9 months where she's been able to be Jinger Nicole, sentient being and 23 year old adult, and not just J Duggar # 6 of 19. It's actually kinda sad to me when you catch a glimpse of their personalities and then it gets almost squashed back and they paste that smile over their faces.

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She's really beautiful in that blue shirt/dress! I'm almost drooling xD Off to the prayer closet, where I'll likely meet those of you still drooling over Kendra's dad :P Should we start a club or something? "Drooling over hot fundies while simultaneously trying to remember just how hateful they are and how they would all judge us heathens" ? :pb_lol:

17 hours ago, eveandadam said:

Jinger looks happy and relaxed in the pictures but at the same time like a child, very innocent and childlike, it's frightening.--

Their relationship looks more like that of big brother and little sister or something, like completely platonic, if that makes sense?

It is so frightening yes, she looks like an adult child - I said over and over he is molding her into something that she can't quite pull off.   It's the showing of a trophy wife in a way that is somewhat not healthy 

15 hours ago, Berta McGee said:

The rainbow sheep? I think a lot of kids break free from these types of families but they often include abuse along with the oppression. I think the television show has kept them in line.

I keep forgetting about the damn show...of course they're going to stay in the fold as long as there's money to be made. Thanks TLC!

I think there might be a difference between the power imbalance that would exist between any husband and wife in this patriarchal belief system and a particularly manipulative and controlling husband who is molding his wife. For example, Jim Bob seems like he is both the patriarch and a controlling husband/father. Austin seems like he will be a patriarch but not necessarily a possessive, manipulative spouse. Derick seems like he might be drifting in the Jim bob direction. To me the jury is still out on Jeremy. On the show I can't think of a specific example where he seemed to override, shame, manhandle or other behaviour like that.

I think it's also complicated by the fact that the Duggar daughters have been groomed by a patriarchal and controlling father for the same type of husband. At some point Jeremy talked about Jinger being very self-deprecating. But I don't think that is a personality trait so much as the result of being broken down her entire childhood by her domineering father. So she may spend a lot of time trying to divine what Jeremy wants and attempting to please. I'm not saying his ego isn't gratified by that, but I think it may be hard to say he is abusing her into compliance with his wishes.  I'm also thinking of joy a saying that she wears dresses because that's what Austin likes or Jill always turning to Derick to speak for them. Jeremy may be enjoying the product of Jim Bob's efforts, but not necessarily be a manipulative or domineering husband. He may just have a big ego and likes having it stoked.

I think Jessa and Ben are the odd ones out because of personality. The age difference might work against the patriarchal power imbalance. Jessa also has a more assertive personality that may have resisted her father's best efforts to subdue her. And Ben himself doesn't appear interested in doing much other than spiritual leadership in that family. Which may be his personality or maybe how he was raised.

4 hours ago, nst said:

It is so frightening yes, she looks like an adult child - I said over and over he is molding her into something that she can't quite pull off.   It's the showing of a trophy wife in a way that is somewhat not healthy 

It's like she became his paper doll.

When I look at Jinger in her new clothes, a more natural style of makeup and hair I think that she is feeling safe to look good or attractive.

IMO, the reason she wore baggy clothes and hid behind a full face of unatural looking makeup was that she was hiding her true self and wished to escape attention.   She grew up in the house with her brother that sexually assaulted her, he was still treated as the favored eldest son, while she was probably blamed for tempting him.   He was rewarded and she was the laundry drudge that had to wash his underwear. 

She reverts back to frumpy and baggy clothes when she goes back to the TTH.  Again, IMO, not to respect Boob, but to feel safer from Josh.

I don't see where people are getting the pervy doll vibes in her clothing choices.  Nothing is extreme, overtly sexy or weird.  She probably has access to her money since she has been married and is having fun shopping.

I think Jeremy does not particularly like how Jinger was raised. He wants her to be more self-assured and confident. I think he enjoys watching her discover everyday things. While I do not agree with many of his beliefs (and he would hate mine) I think he does love Jinger and wants her to feel good about herself. If that is supporting their shared love of fashion and photography and exposing her to different groups of conservative people, then it is good. He is sort of like Chad Paine in a way. Chad wanted Erin to be happy, so supported her in choosing frilly pink bedroom accessories. Jeremy wants Jinger to be happy so is supporting her in exploring new and untried fashions. Would he encourage Jinger to wear a bikini in public? I highly doubt that. Doubt Chad Paine would be thrilled or supportive if Erin wanted to wear a hot pink bikini in public either.

@Markie I also think Jeremy loves and respects the women in his family, from his grandmother to his sister.   I know his views are super conservative and I would not find much to agree with him except love of italian food but I think he absolutely loves  Jinger.  Their interactions seem very tender together.

Oh good, the Jeremy love fest is back in town. I was worried people were going to hold the fact that he's an anti-Catholic, anti-choice, homophobic, mental illness denying religious zealot with a higher education and a lot of worldly experience who purposefully sought out to marry a young, ignorant, "meek" fundamentalist girl against him.

2 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

It's like she became his paper doll.

exactly even the way she stands 

it's all contrived 

I don't believe anything these say or do 

2 hours ago, singsingsing said:

Oh good, the Jeremy love fest is back in town. I was worried people were going to hold the fact that he's an anti-Catholic, anti-choice, homophobic, mental illness denying religious zealot with a higher education and a lot of worldly experience who purposefully sought out to marry a young, ignorant, "meek" fundamentalist girl against him.

And here I was thinking only Ernie was in a love fest with Jeremy Burt.

Jinger look happy enough and they seem like a couple in love ( as much as what you can gauge from tv and social media)

I remember watching a really old episode of 17kac when the whole family was going grocery shopping and Michelle said how all the kids love it because they get out of the house. Stuck in that house with no real outside influences is messed up. No friends or club leaders or school that most kids get to participate in is all kinds of wrong . she must be absolutely revelling in her freedom now.

My thoughts....

Jeremy is easy on the eyes and everything, but I have known plenty of dudes in my life that are just like him to be all that impressed. With that said, I am totes not married to him, Jinger is. I the lineup of married into the Duggars men, he's easily my second favorite (there is just something about Ben), and though he has douche-baggy views, I think he has been good for Jinger. Why I say this, eyes don't lie. When you look at her eyes when she is around her family, its an almost dead behind the eyes, bored with this thing, while when with Dude-face as I like to call him, she seems happy and almost lighter. 

With the way she grew up, and her views, marrying fundie- medium rare, is way better than what she came from, so I can't bitch about Jeremy in that way. Still, I wouldn't hang out with him. 

As far as her clothes go, I love that she is exploring, but the hip hop look isn't you Jing, but I do love those skinny jeans. I'm kind of jealous of your shoes in that pic. You keep doing you girl. Buy clothes, not diapers. 

1 hour ago, SadieJane said:

l. Buy clothes, not diapers. 

Should totes be a count title.

So Jeremy keeps bringing this topic, but I feel its worth mentioning. I know people JUST like Jeremy, same flavor or christianity, same testimony, same demeanor. Despite their ignorant, abhorant beliefs, they aren't bad people. They are mostly products of how they were raised: a very homogenous echo chamber. They aren't isolated or "kept from the truth", just don't feel the need reach out an educate themselves about certain issues. 

THAT being said. I still find Jeremy kinda creepy, divorced from his ignorant beliefs. No amount of cute, candid, #goals instagram photos of Jinger and him together distract from the serious power imbalance between them. Its not the age either, Im a only couple months older than Jinger and it wouldn't be weird to date someone his age. But out of all the girls he could have pursued he chose the young, sheltered, uneducated, meek, insecure fundie girl who seems to worship the ground he stands on. I'm sure he's trying to encourage her, build her up, which arent bad at all but it comes across like he sees Jinger as something to save rather than an equal partner. While it seems like really passionate romance right now, I don't think its a healthy dynamic for a long term relationship.

7 hours ago, Markie said:

I think Jeremy does not particularly like how Jinger was raised. He wants her to be more self-assured and confident. I think he enjoys watching her discover everyday things. While I do not agree with many of his beliefs (and he would hate mine) I think he does love Jinger and wants her to feel good about herself. If that is supporting their shared love of fashion and photography and exposing her to different groups of conservative people, then it is good. He is sort of like Chad Paine in a way. Chad wanted Erin to be happy, so supported her in choosing frilly pink bedroom accessories. Jeremy wants Jinger to be happy so is supporting her in exploring new and untried fashions. Would he encourage Jinger to wear a bikini in public? I highly doubt that. Doubt Chad Paine would be thrilled or supportive if Erin wanted to wear a hot pink bikini in public either.

I agree with this.

I'm not having a Jeremy love in (but I do have to confess Chad Paine enjoys "Pet Fundie" status with me) but I think people are complex beings. Human emotion is not black and white and people are capable of being very loving AND very hateful. To use an extreme example, Pablo Escobar doted on his family while also casually ordering the murder/kidnap of politican's children and generally destroying an entire country with violence. Jeremy can be a good person in some ways, and a terrible person in other ways. 

Jeremy can be loving towards his spouse and want her to be happy and encourage her to pursue her interest in things like fashion or photography or reading when it was stifled in her childhood home while also having some disgusting, messed up and hateful beliefs about groups of people. 

I know people like that in real life. There are a few people on my extended family and Mr LBE's family that will be perfectly nice to us and are loving parents/husbands/wives/sons/daughters, but then you see them sharing racist/transphobic/homophobic/sexist stuff on Facebook. 

6 hours ago, SadieJane said:

You keep doing you girl. Buy clothes, not diapers. 

I absolutely agree, as long as it's because the person in question has managed not to need those diapers. In Jinger's case right now? Go for the clothes! :562479514c500_32(1):

But if you've actually got kids you need to prioritize those diapers (this statement aimed at people like JRod and others who seem to be all about themselves at the expense of their eleventy million kids). :5624795307fe5_32(5):

6 hours ago, metheglyn said:

I absolutely agree, as long as it's because the person in question has managed not to need those diapers. In Jinger's case right now? Go for the clothes! :562479514c500_32(1):

But if you've actually got kids you need to prioritize those diapers (this statement aimed at people like JRod and others who seem to be all about themselves at the expense of their eleventy million kids). :5624795307fe5_32(5):

lol with your sense of humor, you may be my free jinger soul mate.

I thought Jingers latest instagram pic is just one big "F.U." to her parents.  Skinny jeans, high tops, and a "Nike" shirt. 

It could very well be all Jeremy's idea, but at least he knows how screwed up their upbringing was. 

I would live to know what Jim boob and Michelle are saying, what they tell the younger kids, and what the older kids think.  

The kids below Joe in age don't have access to the internet as far as we know, so I doubt they've seen the pics or even know about it. And I absolutely wouldn't put it past JB&M to tell Jinger that she must dress appropriately while around her siblings so she doesn't influence them just like cousin Amy.

On one of my favorite fundie tumblrs someone wrote how Jeremy is a cross between Steve Harvey and Justin Boldoni and I can't unsee it

43 minutes ago, NewOrleansLady said:

She is his own Barbie doll. 

OMG- that's it.

The smile, big head of hair and tiny body. If she had blonde hair she could be Malibu Barbie. If Barbie could talk she might have that high, little girl voice.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived