IGNORED

Jinger 29: New House and New Wardrobe

Coconut Flan

10 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I wanna see Jing and I can see Joy, Cousin Amy, bring Jana and give her a cocktail, all like this in Vegas. Have some fun.

[snipped image]

Uhhh... call me a wet blanket, but that looks like the opposite of fun to me! Like, I'd pay a substantial amount of money to not have to participate in... whatever that is. :pb_eek:

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Uhhh... call me a wet blanket, but that looks like the opposite of fun to me! Like, I'd pay a substantial amount of money to not have to participate in... whatever that is. :pb_eek:

I meant that in a lets go and have some stupid fun.  But it's not everyone's cuppa.  :my_biggrin:

1 hour ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Sounds like that bull shit nonsense the Nazi group said about the young woman murdered Sat by one of their own.  She was a "fat pig who was a drain on society" because she was unmarried and had no children.  It is why so many are quiet about what happened. They in a small way agree with what the Nazi's say, they just wish they'd be more "subtle" about how they say it.  Like agreeing with Westburrow Baptist crazy train, they hate gays and all that they just think it should be said "nicely" cuz they are good "Christian folk" and all. Like saying bless your heart when you mean fuck you.

Or we're still finding the right way to articulate all of our angry words, heartbreak and are focused on who we knew there. Processing it through the Cville we knew and lived in. This shit shiterry has existed in that community under the surface for years and is a painful reminder of our own experiences there. I don't mean that snarkily at you, just where I'm personally at right now and keep getting asked by friends for opinions (same way it went with Rolling Stone, Hannah Graham, etc).

I'm trying to focus on what I can be grateful for and potential positives about it as dr says low stress:

1) Robert Spencer is a massive fucking coward by scheduling a rally when the town is at their lowest population, without the thousands of students. The scope of injuries and deaths could have been far worse had the Grounds been occupied. It's a hollow consolation.

2) People are getting better at holding others to calling things by proper name, not by self serving monikers to hide horrible beliefs. Or alternately showing off their putrid souls to give us warnings to avoid them.

3) Everyone I know there is physically safe, if traumatized and this will definitely bring the topic of racial tensions back to the forefront of conversations in the community.  

4) At least a few of the Duggar clan seem to have this on their minds and whether it changes their beliefs or not (we can hope), they're reading scripture on it. Ben seems to be tweeting quite a bit and reading fairly lengthy articles on it.

I'm sure there's a proper thread about this somewhere, I'll hunt it down after my interview and post some of the communication that I've not seen in news articles yet, but getting conveyed rapidly through alumna groups from people live posting during meetings.

17 hours ago, Smoochie said:

God yes, not having to pee nude and then try to get the sucker back up once you're done!  Rufus bless the person that invented them AND lycra in blue jeans ... oh lord, the 80's tight jeans that didn't give a centimeter!

It's a little quirky, but I just move my swim suit crotch area to the side....no pulling them up or down, and yeah, you have to hold it there and such, but easier!

Jinger looks happy and relaxed in the pictures but at the same time like a child, very innocent and childlike, it's frightening.--

Their relationship looks more like that of big brother and little sister or something, like completely platonic, if that makes sense?

But as long as Jinger looks happy and actually is happy, then platonic or not, whatever...

6 minutes ago, karen77 said:

It's a little quirky, but I just move my swim suit crotch area to the side....no pulling them up or down, and yeah, you have to hold it there and such, but easier!

same here.

14 hours ago, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

Also, I wonder if Jinger appreciates the irony of her wearing it on her chest (eye trap) while sporting pink skinny jeans (crotch v, eye trap, and a 'male' garment that fundie men couldn't even get away with). 

Jinger? Skinny jeans ? Where Oh where????

1 minute ago, sansan said:

Jinger? Skinny jeans ? Where Oh where????

Right here in this thread. Just go back a page or two. I don't think this is the first time she's been pictured wearing skinny jeans, either.

18 hours ago, Illmarryyoujana said:

I can see how she'd consider all of her younger siblings to be "kiddos", though I haaaaaate that word so much. 

Are you my twin? My bestie? My alter ego? I also haaaaaate that word! It makes me cringe. Like nails on a chalkboard. 

56 minutes ago, cascarones said:

Or we're still finding the right way to articulate all of our angry words, heartbreak and are focused on who we knew there. Processing it through the Cville we knew and lived in. This shit shiterry has existed in that community under the surface for years and is a painful reminder of our own experiences there. I don't mean that snarkily at you, just where I'm personally at right now and keep getting asked by friends for opinions (same way it went with Rolling Stone, Hannah Graham, etc).

I'm referring to the normally big mouthed assholes, like Trump, Limbaugh, Hannity and the like, saying NOTHING about the Nazi's. Where are they in all of this.  Most of the GOP leadership came out right away and said these people are disgusting.  This isn't a left and right issue, if you are siding with Nazi's YOUR WRONG, almost everyone agrees on that. 

So,  Jinger is learning that she doesn't have to follow her parents'  rules when it comes to clothes. How soon before she starts questioning their beliefs? I know. Never. Sigh :sigh:

I'm definitely digging Jinger's clothes experimentation. However, the skinny jeans/ponytail/black tennis shoes combo immediately brought skater boi/Avril Lavine to mind. It's just an odd look to my 48 year old eyes. At least on Jinger. I guess because it's not the kind of look she's usually going for.

13 minutes ago, MarcyMM said:

I'm definitely digging Jinger's clothes experimentation. However, the skinny jeans/ponytail/black tennis shoes combo immediately brought skater boi/Avril Lavine to mind. It's just an odd look to my 48 year old eyes. At least on Jinger. I guess because it's not the kind of look she's usually going for.

True, but she's also never really had her own clothes, either. She looks like she's playing dress up because she IS playing dress up. 

I agree that the Duggar family has dangerous, hateful beliefs. But forgive me if I also remain hopeful that the adult children might still see the light. And I can't help but be happy for Jinger; this could be a first step toward actual freedom. 

22 minutes ago, of_the_lioness said:

True, but she's also never really had her own clothes, either. She looks like she's playing dress up because she IS playing dress up. 

I agree that the Duggar family has dangerous, hateful beliefs. But forgive me if I also remain hopeful that the adult children might still see the light. And I can't help but be happy for Jinger; this could be a first step toward actual freedom. 

I too share this hope. I mean, it's not unusual for many families (large and small) to have at least one offspring who breaks from the way they were raised (good and bad)?

16 minutes ago, MarcyMM said:

I too share this hope. I mean, it's not unusual for many families (large and small) to have at least one offspring who breaks from the way they were raised (good and bad)?

The rainbow sheep? I think a lot of kids break free from these types of families but they often include abuse along with the oppression. I think the television show has kept them in line.

4 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

Please see my followup post, where I clearly state I don't think anyone here has actually forgotten about their horrible beliefs. :) 

ETA: Removing because I'm tired and I don't think it was really relevant.

Sometimes the squeeing gets rather loud and I do think some forget about what they really stand for. 

1 hour ago, of_the_lioness said:

We've talked about it before, but cult breakaways don't seem to happen until there is a precipitating event that causes pain and cognitive dissonance. Don't see it happening with any of the Duggars, who enjoy luxurious travel and new homes without having to lift a finger, solely because of their cult membership.

13 hours ago, Knight of Ni said:

"What exactly is the function of a slip" makes me think of "what is the function of a rubber duck". 

That was the moment that convinced me Arthur would have made a heck of a Ravenclaw, if Gryffindor hadn't claimed him. 

4 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

So,  Jinger is learning that she doesn't have to follow her parents'  rules when it comes to clothes. How soon before she starts questioning their beliefs? I know. Never. Sigh :sigh:

The fact she posed for a photo her husband publically posted- with skinny jeans & a shirt that said NIKE is a sign of her questioning some beliefs IMO. There is no way there wasn't double meaning to the NIKE shirt- at least not to Jeremy.

i don't think she's questioning God or anything like that, but like Alyissa Bates I think she is showing signs of a more funny-light ish but still Conservative Christian belief.

8 minutes ago, FreeCalifornia said:

The fact she posed for a photo her husband publically posted- with skinny jeans & a shirt that said NIKE is a sign of her questioning some beliefs IMO. There is no way there wasn't double meaning to the NIKE shirt- at least not to Jeremy.

i don't think she's questioning God or anything like that, but like Alyissa Bates I think she is showing signs of a more funny-light ish but still Conservative Christian belief.

It could open a door. That shirt wasn't long enough to completely cover her butt in those jeans. If she wears them and out and about, she is bound to eventually notice that no men are losing their minds over her or her jeans. That will mean her parents and Gothardism were lying about that, so what else were they lying about? And so it can begin...

7 hours ago, singsingsing said:

Please note-- I call dibs on Sing's spot tootsie rolling in her underwear next to Beyonce!

18 minutes ago, nausicaa said:

Please note-- I call dibs on Sing's spot tootsie rolling in her underwear next to Beyonce!

:pb_lol: I mean, I'd do almost anything for Beyonce. But I won't do that.

6 hours ago, of_the_lioness said:

Jinger has was never really allowed to have her own sense of style while living in the TTH, so it's only natural that it will take her a little while/a few weird outfits to discover what her style actually is.  

It's great she's getting the chance to find her style and (for now) Jeremy seems to be helping her with that. I love my skinny jeans and would wear them to work if I could get away with it (only do so on trainjng days with no children around!)

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived