IGNORED

Jinger 29: New House and New Wardrobe

Coconut Flan

Seeing that Jinger and Jed were in the wedding party, I'd say this was a "Duggar Studios" production. Horrible that whoever filmed it forgot that people would STAND when the bride made her entrance. 

OTOH, thank goodness the ceremony was short. The jumpy camera was making me seasick. 

TBH, I was SCARED this morning when the Jinger/Jed pic popped up on my feed. I wasn't online when she posted the one with the bride (I guess earlier this morning west coast time when I was out getting coffee and pastries...I didn't watch the live feed, but I'm guessing a noon wedding). I didn't see Jinger's picture in the bridesmaid garb until noonish, and it took another thread at PTV to send me back to her feed to realize it wasn't the JoKen wedding. 

And PTV scooped Pickles with the video. Someone there followed the tags and found the live feed as it happened! *pbbbbbbbt* Pickles! 

eta: here's the edited video (much shorter, but cuts off the entrances of the wedding party) to youtube. Still can't see the bride enter because of those pesky Duggars. Jill is wearing the same dress she wore to church last Sunday. No judgment, just observation....trained to do that when I worked on the floor at a branch bank. 

I think in the highly edited version, I saw more of Derelict Dullard than I did of the bride. 

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WTF did I just watch? A toddler could have gotten better video  than which ever Duggar filmed it. Honestly anyone short of Jordyn or Josie filming that there is no excuse for that nonsense. 

2 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

WTF did I just watch? A toddler could have gotten better video  than which ever Duggar filmed it. Honestly anyone short of Jordyn or Josie filming that there is no excuse for that nonsense. 

You misunderstood the genre they were opting for - 80s homevideo. And for that it is brilliantly done. 

4 hours ago, rosastrohhut said:

You misunderstood the genre they were opting for - 80s homevideo. And for that it is brilliantly done. 

Hahaha :P LOL!

Yay, for Jinger not looking pregnant! That was my first thought, also. If she is, it would be very early most likely. 

5 hours ago, rosastrohhut said:

Fundy film art.  Was this Duggar going for more of Kubrick kind of vibe or Oliver Stone, conspiracy? 

Is the hymn being played as the beginning Nearer My God To Thee?  Beautiful, but I always think of the sinking of the Titanic.

28 minutes ago, zenbaby said:

Is the hymn being played as the beginning Nearer My God To Thee?  Beautiful, but I always think of the sinking of the Titanic.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks of Titanic when they hear that

On 8/13/2017 at 0:44 AM, metheglyn said:

Here, I guess. At least, this is the YouTube previously livestream video of Cole & Nawon's wedding. (?!) Jinger's in light blue it looks like. She appears as the second bridesmaid to arrive.  

Note: Since I can't seem to get the video to start at the beginning, as  it insists on starting at 1:43 for me at least, to see Jinger's arrival, back up to the beginning of the video.

(Regardless of the error screen I'm seeing in the preview, it appears to be a working link, if not embed.)

I don't wanna be mean but it's a fucking wedding WTF is Derick wearing? Like seriously? Can't find an iron? Or a shirt that fits.

Jinger is looking so good. A pair of sneakers! Imagine a Duggar girl in footwear that one can play sports in!

Who knows maybe next she'll get a pair of running leggings!

It always killed me that they would "work out" in jeans and polos and jean skirts.

I would love to be a fly on the wall hearing what jim boob and michelle really think of these wardrobe changes.

14 minutes ago, candygirl200413 said:

Who knows maybe next she'll get a pair of running leggings!

It always killed me that they would "work out" in jeans and polos and jean skirts.

Their workout clothing looked so uncomfortable. My girls have played sports over the years- softball, soccer, and field hockey. We live in a conservative area and there's always at least one girl who has to wear the long skirt with shorts underneath. I can't understand it.

I'm guessing JB and Michelle don't particularly care. They seemed a-ok with their daughters transitioning from frumpers to 'modern modest' and that was honestly probably a bigger leap than Jinger transitioning from 'modern modest skirts-only' to 'modern modest pants-are-allowed'. Her wardrobe is still very conservative.

In terms of workout clothes, I'm not sure how many of them still exercise in ridiculously inappropriate attire these days. Jinger was photographed wearing track pants years before she got married, and I think Jill was photographed at the gym wearing exercise clothes as well. Jessa does go jogging in skirts, but they appear to be skirts that would actually be appropriate/functional for jogging.

Slightly off topic, but this thread drift reminds me of the slip / no slip conversation a friend of mine (she is 3 years younger) initiated recently.

She is appalled that people don't wear slips anymore.  Recently she went to buy a slip and was met with "we don't carry slips" wherever she went.  I told her that I haven't worn a slip since the 80s and therefore don't know who sells them or doesn't sell them anymore.  To me, it doesn't make sense to wear a dress under a dress so people won't know you have an ass crack or not be able to see your thighs through your skirt.  But that's just me!  The whole pantyhose thing has gone out the window, so we are getting somewhere!

My mom thinks it is perfectly acceptable to have pubes sticking out of her bathing suit.  I make sure to have all that stuff waxed off, but she thinks that is super weird.  

What is considered "normal" changes over time as a general rule.  We all accept this as common.  It just seems like the married Duggars are taking a huge leap when they are only taking baby steps because they have been so sheltered.  

I used to wear a slip under my dresses/skirts if they were unlined. Now I wear bike shorts or tights. I'm not comfortable having my underwear or bare legs showing through my skirt. When swimming I also cover up to the point where no one would know whether I waxed my bikini line or not. It's not because of my age (I'm in my late 20s), my religion, or really anything other than personal preference. I think people get way too hung up on what's 'normal'! As the saying goes, you do you. If Jinger's making wardrobe changes because she wants to, I'm thrilled!

45 minutes ago, Elvis Presby said:

Slightly off topic, but this thread drift reminds me of the slip / no slip conversation a friend of mine (she is 3 years younger) initiated recently.

She is appalled that people don't wear slips anymore.  Recently she went to buy a slip and was met with "we don't carry slips" wherever she went.  I told her that I haven't worn a slip since the 80s and therefore don't know who sells them or doesn't sell them anymore.  To me, it doesn't make sense to wear a dress under a dress so people won't know you have an ass crack or not be able to see your thighs through your skirt.  But that's just me!  The whole pantyhose thing has gone out the window, so we are getting somewhere!

My mom thinks it is perfectly acceptable to have pubes sticking out of her bathing suit.  I make sure to have all that stuff waxed off, but she thinks that is super weird.  

What is considered "normal" changes over time as a general rule.  We all accept this as common.  It just seems like the married Duggars are taking a huge leap when they are only taking baby steps because they have been so sheltered.  

So true. I'm only in my 30s and haven't owned a slip since like 1989. But I recently had to go to a hot funeral and wanted to get one. It was next to impossible but I found one that target. 

10 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Skinny jeans y'all!  Before we know it she will be wearing a swimming suit at the beach.  :wtsf:

I actually think that will happen quite soon. At first with wrap or a beach dress but the swim suit will still be evident and in 6 months to a year without a covering.

I wouldn't  be surprised if any of the Duggar women drift into one pieces. There's some "classy" one-piece swim suits out there. 

I personally go for the tankini/swim shorts look. All the practical benefits of a bikini (i.e. you don't have to peel your whole swimsuit off to pee lol), but still very modest - by our society's standards, anyway. It would probably still be far too revealing for most of the Duggars. I could see more of them going the Jessa route and wearing board shorts and t-shirts, though.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived