IGNORED

Dillards 38: Still Chewing on that Foot in His Mouth

Coconut Flan

2 minutes ago, Grimalkin said:

This. I do wonder if JB would intervene on Jill's behalf, since she has a new master now. 

I don't think Jill even knows what she wants or doesn't want. She spent a lifetime suppressing any emotion that wasn't JOY! She has been taught her whole life she is to be a 'helpmeet' so likely would never say no to anything even when asked because she is supposed to do whatever her husband wants. I would actually be glad if they do stick around Duggerville and Jana helps out and cares for her. Maybe spend time with jessa and her family  because they do seem happy. I think that would be a good influence on her and the cousins playing too. I will be very troubled if they don't stay in Duggarville and Dickwad isolates them from the family. Something isn't right.

I'm wondering how employable Derrik is in the real world at the moment. On paper he has very little to show for what he has done since leaving his job. I guess saying he was doing missions might look okay on a resume but if they want details- probably not. Those gaps look bad, unless he interviews well. Not only that, his social media is a mess. I wonder if he can have normal conversations with more secular people. I get the feeling he would be a shitty employee and unbearable coworker.

I hope someone is looking after Jill, and I expect they are.  JB always seemed to favor her, and he seemed to want them all close by.  

I will say that his ministry might not have done anything but he did set up a non profit and that isn't nothing.  He also kept it going.  He got donations, he had to have done some accounting for that right?  That can look really good on a resume.  Particularly for either a fan, or someone who doesn't know much about them.  

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Grimalkin said:

This. I do wonder if JB would intervene on Jill's behalf, since she has a new master now. 

I don't know who are what intervened but I'm glad someone did, for the sake of those kids.  Jill needs professional help, she's not going to get it, but being home and near her family and stable will do wonders for her mood.  Hopefully having sistermoms around to help her and "lift her up" from right here will bring her out of her, whatever is going on with her.   For all we know Cathy may have had a little chat with her spawn and slapped him around and told him man up and take care of his wife and kids, and not drag them to 3rd world countries where they can be murdered or rapped or catch illnesses that will kill their future children.

36 minutes ago, Mayluka said:

I know there are probably people speculating that they're staying in the states because of Jill's health or some other rumor that's circulated online (seriously though, we know nothing about the circumstances of Samuel's birth. As far as we know, Jill and Sam are both perfectly fine). However, I personally think that they are Iikely staying in AR due to the kidnappings/murders/etc that have taken place near SOS and to people DerJill knew. 

Am I giving the Dillards too much credit for assuming they are putting the safety of their family first? 

I agree. When the Dillards made a post about the murders and kidnappings in June, I predicted they would be staying in the U.S.

Just now, candygirl200413 said:

What was the gap between Izzy being born and going back to CA?

2 or 3 months if I remember correctly, and it wasn't back it was going.  They left the 1st time shortly after Izzy was born.

2 hours ago, Fluffy14 said:

FULL TIME MINISTRY?

That tells me no job.  BUT, he promised JB he wouldn't go into debt, so it sounds like they have and/or anticipate money coming in.

I suspect that (in agreement with some posters above):

- TLC told them they'd rather spend resources on trans shows than filming in scary CA

- SOS was lukewarm about them returning, or maybe ice cold

- there may be medical issues that have made it obvious to Derick that they need to stay near home for the foreseeable future

- Jill wouldn't stop crying everytime Derick mentioned leaving

I have no idea what kind of effective ministering he could do.  Maybe discount tax preparation for those willing to convert?

3 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

Does that mean DirtyJesus will get a job? :o 

Maybe he can apprentice with David Rodrigues in the print ministry!

Just had another moment of idle speculation re Derick and his job with Wal-Mart.  When he first departed from Wal-Mart, it was my opinion that he did so because his wife was very needy, he had to take a lot of time off for filming, and the Josh scandal broke.  But now I'm wondering if there was another factor also at play:  Derick found that he didn't like working a 9:00 to 5:00 job, and perhaps didn't care for accounting work at all.  He likes the easy money that TLC and fan donations bring.  He is not a go getter at all.  I don't recall any videos of him preaching a sermon (although I remember a couple photos of him supposedly preaching to about 7 people who looked bored).  What did he exactly do during their time in CA?  It was all very vague. 

I hope JB puts his lazy butt to work.

I'm a bit tired of speculating on Jill's health/Sam's birth at this point. Maybe it played a role, maybe it didn't, but I'm pretty confident we'll learn the truth there eventually. Patience...

I wouldn't be surprised if Derrick's recent hateful tweets ruffled some feathers at SOS more so than at TLC. Maybe the juice just wasn't worth the squeeze when it came to supporting these two. Or, dare to dream, maybe their grifting abilities just aren't what they used to be. I do suspect their medical costs must be adding up.

If it wasn't for his ridiculous public image, I'd say Derrick still has a good chance of picking up his accounting career where it left off, but now I seriously doubt that'll happen. Best-case scenario: maybe some area mega-churches need AP/AR Clerks, or Financial Administration help? There is probably intense competition and longevity in roles like that though.

No matter the reasoning behind it, this is a good decision and I hope the Dillards make more of them.

I am curious about their future as missionaries. Is it uncouth for a husband to perhaps be a missionary without his family? A few years and kids down the line, I can see Jill comfy near the compound in Arkansas and Derrick taking mission trips every few months. I've had the impression that she's only really clingy in uncomfortable situations, like in Central America or when watching scandelous wedding traditions (keep it up, Dan and Deena).

1 hour ago, Palimpsest said:

No, we should start a pool on what his "full time" ministry will be.  A few possibilities:

• Pastoring a church plant - because you don't need no stinkin' Seminary to be a pastor.
  • Prisons - because pestering inmates about God is always necessary.  

Or there's the always popular:

• Printing ministry.  Because the world needs so many more tracts to throw away.
  • Other - suggestions welcome!

Taking over for John Shrader in Zambia? :P 

Buying a homestead and being a Homestead Hubby like Joe Naugler? :o 

I'm rather meh about the Dullards staying in NWA, since I have a suspicion that the lost girls are being farmed out to be auntie-moms with all the babies running amok in the TTH.

10 minutes ago, NakedKnees said:

I'm a bit tired of speculating on Jill's health/Sam's birth at this point. Maybe it played a role, maybe it didn't, but I'm pretty confident we'll learn the truth there eventually. Patience...

FJ is not known for patience.  We are known for wild speculation and amazing snark.

I doubt his public image will hurt him if he wants an accounting job. There are some very politically conservative CEOs in Arkansas. I don't think his tweets will be a problems for him(especially in Arkansas). I don't see anyone being outraged if he is hired by any company. 

Why would SOS be mad? They, and anyone associated with them, most likely agree with Derick aspeaking out against transgender people. The people who run SOS are fundies. Also,  The Dillards also said  there was a new team in CA. I think this decision was made in the spring. 

Maybe his "Full time ministry" will have something to do with their church?

3 hours ago, Buzzard said:

I wonder if the "guest house" will now be converted to a permanent residence close enough to the TTH for them to have Jana daycare.

Well not to defend Jill she's not even my pet fundie but...if Jill is having truly having a rough time with health issues or PPD that is a very acceptable time for a sister to step in and help a little extra in my opinion. 

2 hours ago, justoneoftwo said:

Is it just me or does Jill look much happier than we have seen her in a while?

I agree very much so, probably relived not to go back to CA

41 minutes ago, NakedKnees said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Derrick's recent hateful tweets ruffled some feathers at SOS more so than at TLC.

Or his posts were him throwing a tantrum after they made the decision to stay in Northwest Arkansas.

1 hour ago, nst said:

Jill told JB she couldn't handle her life down in SCA and JB went to Derick and told him so 

the funds have dried up for the mission 

50 minutes ago, Grimalkin said:

I don't think Jill even knows what she wants or doesn't want. She spent a lifetime suppressing any emotion that wasn't JOY! She has been taught her whole life she is to be a 'helpmeet' so likely would never say no to anything even when asked because she is supposed to do whatever her husband wants. I would actually be glad if they do stick around Duggerville and Jana helps out and cares for her. Maybe spend time with jessa and her family  because they do seem happy. I think that would be a good influence on her and the cousins playing too. I will be very troubled if they don't stay in Duggarville and Dickwad isolates them from the family. Something isn't right.

I had to go back to watch the episode of Jill & Jana getting their wisdom teeth out and I was shocked at how JIll was such a Daddy's girl. JB had to PRY his hand out of her hand so they couldn't finally get started with the surgery. So this idea that JB saying something to Turd Face sounds completely realistic to me.

I was also shocked by how full of joyful personality she was compared to now. :( Night and day difference of a person...

54 minutes ago, Grimalkin said:

Maybe spend time with jessa and her family  because they do seem happy. I think that would be a good influence on her and the cousins playing too. I will be very troubled if they don't stay in Duggarville and Dickwad isolates them from the family. Something isn't right.

I would think that there may still be the slightest animosity between Jill & Jessa. Didn't Jill say at one point that she was jealous if Jessa's looks or how she wore clothes? But also, Jessa had a super easy second birth, Jill labored for 40 hours and did not have the ideal home birth she wanted. Then toss in any postpartum depression due to a dramatic birth that we keep speculating about. She might not want to buddy up with Jessa so much as Jana. Jill & Jana always seemed tighter.

1 hour ago, Palimpsest said:

No, we should start a pool on what his "full time" ministry will be.  A few possibilities:

• Pastoring a church plant - because you don't need no stinkin' Seminary to be a pastor.
  • Prisons - because pestering inmates about God is always necessary.  

Or there's the always popular:

• Printing ministry.  Because the world needs so many more tracts to throw away.
  • Other - suggestions welcome!
  • Youtube videos (badly edited)
  • Selling things with Dillard logo (Josh can design one) and catchy anti-everything slogans
  • Writing a book about his time in Central America
  • More tweeting. Starting a hashtag movement, say #BullyTransTeens or #DontFindJobFindJesus

Jill looks younger in that photo to me. 

I expect Cathy is overjoyed.

How surprising that NWA is precisely where they were led to minister.

I suspect JB made it clear to Derick that CA was not an option. If TLC wasn't willing to film down there, or if there was dwindling interest from the viewers in that storyline,  the Dillards weren't going to be making much money.  And, I could see JB basically saying they were not going to get any $$ support down there.  I never got the impression that they raised a ton of money through their donations.  Didn't they ask for $24,000 for their most recent stint?  I bet they didn't come close to getting that much and this may have led to them realizing they weren't going to be successful at getting money for a longer stay. 

I think that JB holds the cards on all of the kidults, except perhaps Jeremy and Jinger and even then we have no idea if he paid or helped pay for their new house or not.  And I think JB is more perceptive about his kids than Michelle is, at least the older ones.  So I have no doubt that JB saw Jill was changing and was not happy.  I would nearly put money on it that JB talked to Derick and said enough is enough. 

I think Derick's mom might have added in her thoughts as well.  She clearly dotes on izzy, and will probably dote on Samuel too.  Hopefully Jill will blossom again by being near her family.  Not sure who she was closest to of the older set.  I don't have the impression she was close with any of the older boys.  And, even though they are close in age, I didn't sense closeness between Jill and Jana. 

Derick is a mess. Jill is a mess.  Sadly, they both barely add up to 1 functional adult, so considering they now have 2 kids to raise, I am happy they are staying near family for some help. 

It's also possible this choice has little to do with Jill. It's possible that Derrick's recent twitter tantrum caused TLC to hammer home that the Dills are the LEAST popular married couple (possibly on par with Josh and Anna at this point, since there is positive interest in Anna and how she's coping/moving on. The Dills are offensive AND a snooze.) and TLC provided the "wise counsel" that the only hope of the Dills continuing to pull a paycheck was to stay around and be dutifully and joyfully available to TLC. 

When you subscribe to Prosperity Doctrine, it's easy to conflate greed with God.

I suspect the plan to stay Stateside was made before their last short stint in CA. Except wrapping up, goodbyes and packing, I could think of no good reason why you would go back for two months, quite pregnant, after having been at home for six, and knowing you have to come back to give birth. After such a long time at home, it would take at least a month to settle back, and in the few remaining weeks not much ministry could be done before packing started again.

I suspect the reason for them not returning is that between pregnancies, births, medical stuff, TLC stuff, law suits and family events, they can not be in CA for any extended period, which makes them ineffective and expensive. I suspect SOS found this set up did not work and advised them to return. 

I do not think Derick will get back into a commercial job, but his Dillard family ministries will continue to receive donations and they will live of it, doing some standard fundie ministry. Just my feeling.

1 hour ago, Cleopatra7 said:

I'm rather meh about the Dullards staying in NWA, since I have a suspicion that the lost girls are being farmed out to be auntie-moms with all the babies running amok in the TTH.

That's where I am. Johannah and Jennifer are well old enough to be aunt-moms in their world. Jenny might enjoy it, since she'll be with her real mother. 

who is giving them money?  I mean seriously, why would anyone pay these people to do nothing, but occasionally preach and post on social media? How stupid are people

2 hours ago, adidas said:

Very interesting that most of it is 'we', 'our', 'us' etc ... except for the part saying 'I believe'. 

Bad grammar?

Or are you the only one who believes it, Derick? ;) 

Derick is very self - centred from what I have noticed. "I am the BEST follower of HIM" etc.

People are insanely stupid, and will give them money.  I don't know how much, and I think they have handled their social media badly from a fundraising point of view, but I'm sure they are getting some money.

Okay, not sure, there are non profits that don't get money, but they are hitting good buttons for people who think they are sooo wonderful.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived