IGNORED

Dillards 38: Still Chewing on that Foot in His Mouth

Coconut Flan

Maybe they decided to stay here so Jill will be available for the lawsuit. That's a lot more important than converting catholics.

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Buzzard said:

HA! Surely god wouldnt ask THAT of him!?!  His "ministry" will continue so I guess he'll team up with Bin to follow rappers and put on fake football camps now.

Or scrub Duggar toilets.

3 hours ago, Fluffy14 said:

Gee did anyone consider maybe SOS doesn't want them back and affiliated with their ministry? Maybe the shit storm of everyone calling them out on fake missions has hurt the rotating insurgence of young people wanting to go with SOS. Maybe SOS doesn't want the wrath of the public Derick has brewed up directed at them?  They might agree with him but don't want any fall out headed in their direction.

I thought this as well. It's may also be that it was obvious the Dillard's were not cut out for this "work" and may have been more trouble than they are work. They didn't seem to do much of anything other than Derrick "preaching" twice a week. Plus, their updates of their "work" made it seem to be the worst place in the world to be. 

I think it's likely that things were so bad that everyone, except maybe Derrick, knows it would not be a good idea for Jill to go back at this time. The shower rack story was disturbing in that she seemed to still feel the fear she felt that day. It always bothered me Jill seemed  so scared yet Derrick had no problem leaving her in the house alone with Izzy while he was out and about. How frightening to be worried about protecting your child while your husband is out trying to convert Catholics. I would guess Jim Bob got involved to keep them from going back as we know Jill will always follow her husband and may not have been strong enough to put her foot down. 

I don't see Derrick going back to accounting unless circumstances force him to do so. Spending a minimum of 40 hours in an office doing a real job and having to at least appear clean, is not likely to be appealing. No real job will allow time off for random filming. Why go back to being an average person when you can do nothing and hate on others? 

WORK is a 4-letter word in Duggarville.

Boy, for all the bullshit they spew, they certainly skirt all the general rules of living in society and community.

Their Bible must be a special edition....one I never want to read.

I guess this announcement isn't too surprising. Jill and Derrick were obviously terrified for their safety and trying to manage two young children in that context would have been overwhelming. The thing is that, while that may have been obvious to everyone else, it wasn't to J&D, who seemed intent on returning to CA after the birth. So that makes it seem like there was some final straw that we don't know about. We may never know but there was some turning point in the last few weeks.

All in all it sounds like a better choice for the family and we'll see if it leads to them being happier and more relaxed. 

It really bothered me that whenever Jill talks about being scared in CA,  Derick practically rolls his eye and looks away from her and like up at the ceiling.  Clearly annoyed.  It's the behavior of a person no longer in love,  in my experience.   Like, if she was my friend I'd think he was cheating or something.

I think that D-Wreck would do that with whomever he was married to. He is an arrogant ass. A lot of that going around, actually.

2 hours ago, Cleopatra7 said:

I'm rather meh about the Dullards staying in NWA, since I have a suspicion that the lost girls are being farmed out to be auntie-moms with all the babies running amok in the TTH.

Gah, I hope not. The Duggar parents did a horrible thing to her, making her take on responsibility for their babies when she was just a baby herself. If she turns around and does the same thing to her little sisters, I'll be really disgusted.

1 hour ago, anjulibai said:

That's where I am. Johannah and Jennifer are well old enough to be aunt-moms in their world. Jenny might enjoy it, since she'll be with her real mother. 

Which is worse.  Living in the TTH with Michelle and being completely ignored or being an aunt-mom and the ripe old age of 10?

11 minutes ago, nickelodeon said:

Gah, I hope not. The Duggar parents did a horrible thing to her, making her take on responsibility for their babies when she was just a baby herself. If she turns around and does the same thing to her little sisters, I'll be really disgusted.

But to Jill that's the only kind of mothering she knows. Raise some kids to a certain age then farm out the responsibility for the rest. Jill probably feels like she put in her time raising her sister-kids and it's only "fair" that the youngest help.

I'm sure their leg-humping fans will continue to provide donations, but not enough to live on. That's OK, God TLC will provide.

Could it be possible that having a TV camera follow you around CA sets you up as a big target to rob or kidnap? Thugs assuming there is an excess of money somewhere to get ransom? it could be one of many plausible excuses. I did watch a documentary on kidnappings in central America amongst foreigners

So glad they're not going back. Though how will TLC inject any "drama" in the show now without the constant TH dialogue "It's so dangerous in CA, they don't have wi-fi, LIONS AND TIGERS AND HEATHEN CATHOLICS, OH MY!" 

1 hour ago, Snarkle Motion said:

But to Jill that's the only kind of mothering she knows. Raise some kids to a certain age then farm out the responsibility for the rest. Jill probably feels like she put in her time raising her sister-kids and it's only "fair" that the youngest help.

I don't think she would call it "fair" as much as consider them to be in training or them having a "servants heart"

My money is on Kim Jong Boob actually acting like a FATHER for a rare moment and finally putting his foot down because it's clear Jilly Muffin is miserable and was presumably utterly terrified at the prospect of going back to CA. I suspect Dewreck was told to get out of El Salvador or lose his access to the family $$$$ & the TLC $$$$$$$. Dewreck views this as Jesus telling him it was time to come back to Arkansas. 

Bet he wishes he didn't quit that solid Walmart job now, because without it, he's his Father in Law's bitch. I don't think his ego will cope well with that. Plus I strongly suspect he is no longer in TLC or People's good books these days and won't be making as much coin that way as Jessa will. And all it takes is Jinger and/or Joy announcing that a blessing is on the way or a Courtship for Jana for interest in the Dullards to decline even more. Plus there is Kendra and Joes wedding coming up too. The Dullards are 2014/2015 news at this point. 

40 minutes ago, Fluffy14 said:

Could it be possible that having a TV camera follow you around CA sets you up as a big target to rob or kidnap? Thugs assuming there is an excess of money somewhere to get ransom? it could be one of many plausible excuses. I did watch a documentary on kidnappings in central America amongst foreigners

I also imagine that TLC quite rightly doesn't wish to endanger the lives and safety of their staff to go to El Salvador to film them. 

It wouldn't be a good look for the Network to have a couple of cameramen/sound guys kidnapped and/or murderered while down there trailing the Dullards. 

So will they return their "donations" for "another year" in CA? 

I dare them to ask for support to stay stateside.

Where does Cathy live? Perhaps Derick can get a job in the accounting department of a Conservative company or in the accounting or finance department of a large fundie church there. I would like to see them living closer on Cathy. She dotes on Izzy and will probably be the same with Samuel. It would be nice for the boys to be a priority and not lost in the masses of duggar span. Jill would be close to her family but not in their back yard. 

So, did Derick cut his hair as to not offend pre or post bailing CA mission trip?  Who was he offending?  Who was getting the wrong impression?  JimBoob?  Cause, Derick had long hair the whole CA trip.  Hmmmmmm........

This might be a difficult adjustment for them. I've heard from former missionaries before that they found it hard to get used to normal life in the US again. When they were missionaries abroad they felt special and like they were doing something important, so it was hard to return to just being normal people.

I doubt that they will live closer to Cathy vs. Living closer to the compound.  JB is going to let them have that big house and they aren't going to walk away from that and have to pay rent or a mortgage to live near Cathy.  Plus JB wants all the kids on the compound.  That has always been his goal

6 hours ago, Georgiana said:

Now it's happened, and they're working through it, coming to terms with the future, and adjusting. Sometimes living thru that thing we most dread is a RELIEF because we can finally stop dreading it and stressing out over "what if".  The fallout isn't always EASY, but at least it's something tangible we can work through. Worry is just a faceless specter with little repellent. 

I've pondered this for some time today. It applies to many of us if you insert personal circumstances.

Wise words, very wise words. Sometimes, baggage is unpacked and I'm not always prepared for it. I leave it for another day, but I love this post. 

54 minutes ago, Rachel333 said:

This might be a difficult adjustment for them. I've heard from former missionaries before that they found it hard to get used to normal life in the US again.

It's not just missionaries who have trouble readjusting to living Stateside again. I've lived in Europe (NOT missionary AT ALL) and moving back to the States was horrible. I had huge problems adjusting to the normal "way of life" of America. I'm not the only one, either.

4 hours ago, Lillybee said:

Boob might have Derick become his bookkeeper.

I would think JB would not want anyone in the family knowing his financial business. We don't have his kind of money but keep family separate from business.

I'm not American so I don't know. Can you live in a foreign country with outstanding medical bills in the states?  Would that be skipping out? I'm sure they have some big bills.

I doubt they will have big adjustment issues. They came back to the states very often. One could say they never really fully lived in CA.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived