IGNORED

Dillards 38: Still Chewing on that Foot in His Mouth

Coconut Flan

I'm going to take a moment to defend Jill a bit. Given her upbringing it was completely understandable why she was so clingy early in their marriage - going from constantly having other people around to being alone most of the day can be a really tough adjustment for people who thrived in the chaos (as Jill seems to have.)

As for the shower rack incident, I've said it before - they were living in a place that still didn't feel like home and where people they've known were murdered. Jill's first reaction was to hide her child, which indicates to me that she thought the danger was very real and that Izzy needed to be protected. As a parent there is nothing more terrifying than your child being in danger. It doesn't matter that they later learned that the danger wasn't real - in that moment it was real and that complete terror she likely felt was very real and valid. That fear is not something easy to get over immediately and the interview where she got emotional about it probably wasn't even that long after the incident likely happened. 

As for them not returning to SCA - anything that makes Hippie Jesus upset brings me great joy. So I greet this news with the greatest glee and I eagerly anticipate the next dumbass move this guy makes via social media. I do believe that he's quickly turning into the next Duggar gift that keeps giving. 

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She doesn't really need to be around for the court case. Her involvement after signing the retainer agreement is to get deposed. That will be probably one day. She should be getting regular psychiatric treatment to prove damages, but even that could be done with video chat. In fact in rural areas that's more and more how it's done anyway. Given her lawyers location if she is even getting treatment it could already be with a provider in California anyway. There are not really any advantages to the court case for staying home. 

Suddenly Central America has become a better and happier place just by Derick announcing he's not coming back. Let's rejoice! 

Sorry for you Arkansas. 

14 hours ago, calimojo said:

How stupid are people

I give you 33% of America who still think Donald Trump is the victim.  So yes they are.

1 hour ago, Jane M. said:

Suddenly Central America has become a better and happier place just by Derick announcing he's not coming back. Let's rejoice! 

Sorry for you Arkansas. 

#prayforarkansas 

9 hours ago, Kjaerringa said:

Whether health plays onto it or not, I expected SOS to be done when we heard that their denomination definitely would not authorize them. Fairly certain they were told official sponsors were needed.

They went with SOS originally because they didn't qualify for IMB/SBC.  SOS is an independent organization so their denomination standing isn't involved at all.  

9 hours ago, Dandruff said:

Do any of the local colleges need an annoying bible thumper wandering around?

Its the Bible Belt--surely all the local colleges have those in spades already

4 hours ago, Lurky said:

But like @Beermeet, I'm interested in why Derek cut his hair too - the implication was that long hair would impede his ministry, which I didn't understand in the context of Danger America, but even less so in the context of the USA.

Wasn't the timeline on the show off? It started with the Forsyths wedding and then went back a few months. I thought the season ended with the Dillards going back to CA?

13 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Yes, but those people probably came back to life in the real world, where they had to go to jobs, in order to pay their bills and feed their families. 

Poor Dugglliards- they have 2 kids and have to live in NWA, on someone else's dime.

Useless.

Honestly, the Dillards aren't that different from other missionaries I've known, who also got very used to living on others' donations. There were several missionary families I knew who were entirely supported by church donations who would come back to the US at least once a year and go on expensive vacations that most of the rest of the people on the church couldn't afford. And yes, they had a hard time adjusting to having to have an actual job if they came back to stay in the US. If anything, at least the Dillards have their TLC money and aren't only living on donations.

At any rate, my saying that the adjustment is difficult for returning missionaries wasn't meant as sympathy for them. I think it's really unfair that in much of the American Christian community it's acceptable to ask people to pay for your vacation (short-term missions) or entire life abroad as long as you call it "missions."

To back up to the family picture:

Why are they so dressed up? (flipflops aside)

Why is Derick the one holding the baby? Nothing wrong with it, he just seems sort of hands-off and I would have expected Jill to be the one doing it.

Where are they? I thought I saw a comment that this is an "FU internet" that Jill is standing and out of the house, but I can't tell from the background where they are.

And it's actually kind of weird seeing Derick with short hair.

Back to the preganancy with Sam and delivery. With evidently little prenatal care, a huge tummy, a huge baby, and 40 hours labor, Jill's story may be like former Quiverfull mom Vykie Garrison's. It's chilling how brainwashed we can become: 

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/nolongerquivering/2009/07/vyckies-story-part-20-though-he-slay-me-again/?utm_campaign=shareaholic&utm_medium=facebook&utm_source=socialnetwork

28 minutes ago, meee said:

I just assumed it was a picture at church

17 minutes ago, meee said:

Why is Derick the one holding the baby? Nothing wrong with it, he just seems sort of hands-off and I would have expected Jill to be the one doing it.

Where are they? I thought I saw a comment that this is an "FU internet" that Jill is standing and out of the house, but I can't tell from the background where they are.

And it's actually kind of weird seeing Derick with short hair.

Looks to me like they were at Church :)

C sections are rough.  While Jill likely CAN hold the baby, it is generally best for recovery that she take it as easy as possible and avoid carrying Sam/Izzy/anything as much as possible, so it's good to see Derick taking over a bit.  I've known people who were told by their doctor to avoid carrying the child while standing as much as possible.  

They look to be in a mega-Church facility.  Those pads behind them are typical of a gym or all-purpose facility, which is often where "after church refreshments" are served.  If I had to guess, I would say this is Jill's first week back at Church, and the Church held a special reception to introduce the new baby to the community (which is another reason they might be dressed up).  

1 minute ago, karen77 said:

I just assumed it was a picture at church

I've never been to church, well once for a wedding. Anyway, does one wear flip flops to church regularly? Cuz I wouldn't dare wear them to temple.

2 minutes ago, OyToTheVey said:

I've never been to church, well once for a wedding. Anyway, does one wear flip flops to church regularly? Cuz I wouldn't dare wear them to temple.

It depends on the church, of course, but yes, at most of the churches I've been to a lot of people wear flip-flops.

And since Jessa and Ginger both have homes (and Ginger hasn't even reproduced), I am sure JM whined it up to "Pops" and the next news that we will hear will involve Derick and Jill's new home. Just you wait-

1 hour ago, DinglyDoll said:

Back to the preganancy with Sam and delivery. With evidently little prenatal care, a huge tummy, a huge baby, and 40 hours labor, Jill's story may be like former Quiverfull mom Vykie Garrison's. It's chilling how brainwashed we can become: 

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/nolongerquivering/2009/07/vyckies-story-part-20-though-he-slay-me-again/?utm_campaign=shareaholic&utm_medium=facebook&utm_source=socialnetwork

That story is absolutely awful. I can't even imagine why a person would let themselves go through that. I am a Christian, but I absolutely believe that we know enough now about pregnancy and birth to prevent going through absolutely hell in the process and putting our lives and our babies' lives in danger. God gave us good sense and most doctors passion and knowledge.

Is there more to her story? 

20 hours ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

I think that D-Wreck would do that with whomever he was married to. He is an arrogant ass. A lot of that going around, actually.

He is an arrogant ass.  Derick has obvious body language.   Another time that stuck out to me was when they were leaving the first time ( for what tirned out to be a month or two).  Not the whole gang was there and Jill was tearful but side hugging her dad, Derick crossed the room to separate the two and side hug her.

Thinking if that was me or I was witness to a woman I knew and that happened,  I would get a red flag.  Either join them or leave it be.  She's with her father, he's got this.  I took it as creepy possession more than caring.  Like JB did to Derick in Nepal when he got close to Jill.  A physical replacement of Jill.  Gross. 

36 minutes ago, debdebdebby13 said:

Much, much, more.   No Longer Quivering was and continues to be a good resource for people escaping the patriarchy, and you will find some interesting stuff on the site.  Do not necessarily trust all their stories though.  They kept a fake (Ruth) up there for the longest time.  The Vicks no longer runs it.  She grabs every chance to get in front of a camera or spout off to journalists though.

Over the years I've become very cynical about V-y-c-k-i-e.  Her life has been one long drama wherein she is always the heroic and completely blameless victim.  She takes responsibility for nothing she has ever done.  That is just one part of her epic saga. 

There was a huge rumpus fairly recently.  V-y-c-k-i-e, NLQ, and that first generation of escapees had a huge split with the second generation and were extremely hostile to them.  We have some threads on it over on QOS.  I lost all faith in dear V-y-c-k-i-e then.

And I spell her name like that because she googles herself.  I wouldn't want her to give us the finger again.

48 minutes ago, debdebdebby13 said:

That story is absolutely awful. I can't even imagine why a person would let themselves go through that. I am a Christian, but I absolutely believe that we know enough now about pregnancy and birth to prevent going through absolutely hell in the process and putting our lives and our babies' lives in danger. God gave us good sense and most doctors passion and knowledge.

It is horrible, isn't it.  I think it points out just how strong the brainwashing can be with certain personality types and how beaten down women can get when they have too much responsibility and get very ill. Vyckie is now divorced, out of Quiverfull, and is an atheist, unfortunately. She established a blog, "No Longer Quivering," to reveal the abuses in the Quiverfull movement and help others escape and recover. She is very well spoken, and you can find videos online. 

18 minutes ago, DinglyDoll said:

Vyckie is now divorced, out of Quiverfull, and is an atheist, unfortunately.

I beg your pardon.  There's nothing wrong with being an atheist, thankyouverymuch!   I should warn you that there are quite a few of us on FJ.

If you are interested, this thread has a summary of her various shenanigans and contains some links to discussions of Ms. G's darker side.  She's not terribly popular with long-term members of FJ.  For good reason.

5 hours ago, JoyJoy said:

Wasn't the timeline on the show off? It started with the Forsyths wedding and then went back a few months. I thought the season ended with the Dillards going back to CA?

He still had the manbun after going back to DA in February. It wasn't cut until their return this last time, which leads me to believe that either SOS asked them not to return, or TLC refused to film there any longer, taking away their main story line. And don't forget that they were excluded from the filming of the After Show crap. They could have postponed the #babymoon for a day to film. 

Wow!  That is quite the story.  I'm familiar with V.   I know what you mean @Palimpsest.  The thing is, this was #4.  And, having been treated by professionals for 1-3, the sudden evilness heaped on them complete with murderous intent is redic.  Instincts are everything.   You could definitely say that is God talking to you, if that's where you get your strength from.  Don't get me wrong, that was all horrible and I don't wish that on anyone.  However.......

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived