IGNORED

Dillards 38: Still Chewing on that Foot in His Mouth

Coconut Flan

2 minutes ago, Fluffy14 said:

I'm not American so I don't know. Can you live in a foreign country with outstanding medical bills in the states?  Would that be skipping out? I'm sure they have some big bills.

Yes. You can leave the country even if you have a bad debt. 

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

It's not just missionaries who have trouble readjusting to living Stateside again. I've lived in Europe (NOT missionary AT ALL) and moving back to the States was horrible. I had huge problems adjusting to the normal "way of life" of America. I'm not the only one, either.

Reverse culture shock can be tough!

With missionaries though it's not just that, it's also that they've lost their sense of purpose and the semi-celebrity that being a missionary can get you in Christian circles.

Well, they've taken down the DONATE! button on the blog. I guess they expect to just live off whatever crumbs TLC throws them. It might not be many, given that they didn't film the stupid After Show, deciding to go on vacation instead. 

Hey Derick. If you're still reading, you're an idiot. Go fap to your persecution complex now.

:pb_lol:

3 hours ago, Fluffy14 said:

Could it be possible that having a TV camera follow you around CA sets you up as a big target to rob or kidnap? Thugs assuming there is an excess of money somewhere to get ransom? it could be one of many plausible excuses. I did watch a documentary on kidnappings in central America amongst foreigners

This is a very real possibility.   SOS stands out and may not be well received as well as being targets.  Add a high profile couple with lots of internet presence detailing their weath.  Plus, 45.  He's making all Americans look bad at present, no matter how much the Duggars back him, they are included in the world disgust.

7 hours ago, Ms Lucy Fur said:

Can I sue them? I rolled my eyeballs so hard I think I sprained them when I read that ridiculous sack of self important delusion. 

Now I want to find out if you can sprain the little muscles that control eye movement....

3 hours ago, Beermeet said:

It really bothered me that whenever Jill talks about being scared in CA,  Derick practically rolls his eye and looks away from her and like up at the ceiling.

Pretty sure he was annoyed by the clinginess when he was at WalMart and the subsequent freak outs in CA over a shower rod, bugs, etc.

Muffin seems waaaay too sheltered for the bigger world.

There was obs a "Come to Jesus" meeting (see what I did there?) about the best next move for the Dullards.... and now they are based in the US.  Between JB holding the purse strings, and Muffin holding everything else, D-Wreck was odd man out.

@MarblesMom.  ITA.  He seemed to dig it for a while.  He thought she'd put on her big girl pants.  She didn't.   He expected her to be the mission wife she thought she was, the proverbs 31 wife.  She couldn't,  he wants to keep going.  It does seem likely a meeting/intervention happened.   And, honestly,  good.  Cause that couple needed a minute to just be and they never got it with the honeymoon baby.  They went through a lot in a short period of time, they're all fucked up.

Hateful jerks they are.  

2 hours ago, Rachel333 said:

This might be a difficult adjustment for them. I've heard from former missionaries before that they found it hard to get used to normal life in the US again. When they were missionaries abroad they felt special and like they were doing something important, so it was hard to return to just being normal people.

Yes, but those people probably came back to life in the real world, where they had to go to jobs, in order to pay their bills and feed their families. 

Poor Dugglliards- they have 2 kids and have to live in NWA, on someone else's dime.

Useless.

Whether health plays onto it or not, I expected SOS to be done when we heard that their denomination definitely would not authorize them. Fairly certain they were told official sponsors were needed.

OH MY GOSH. I just had an epiphany. I was reading Dericks tweet about doing like his mum and praying for his followers on twitter.....I was gagging at the thought.

Awhile later doing stuff It occurred to me to look up a verse...and sure enough:

43You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ 44But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45that you may be sons of your Father in heaven. He causes His sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous.…

HE IS PRAYING FOR THOSE WHO PERSECUTED HIM..........When i think it can't get any worse.   Some Dingleweeds at the Duggar's either told him to do this or he just decided to .......this guy's cornbread ain't cooked in the middle.

@Fluffy14, sounds like Derick's just using the passive aggressive Southern "I'm praying for you" line. (Not saying that all southerners use it, nor am I saying it's always used in a passive aggressive way. This is the way he intends it to be used.)

Other new ministry options: New Mama Carmen's franchise....and Austin and Joy will build it. Jana will take over as barista in chief. It will be located in the tattoo parlor. 

I haven't really been happy about the Dillard's decisions lately (or ever?), but I am glad to see that they are staying in NA. While I won't go as far as to say that the kids will grow up in the best environment being closer to the Duggar compound, at least it will be safer for them to have a mom that's not in a constant state of fear. 

I actually had a dream about them this night: I was a relator showing them a house in NWA and they bought it. Pretty funny as I woke up to these news. 

8 hours ago, Cleopatra7 said:

I'm rather meh about the Dullards staying in NWA, since I have a suspicion that the lost girls are being farmed out to be auntie-moms with all the babies running amok in the TTH.

This is why I'm "meh" about it too.  I want to be excited. Its great they'll be staying Derrick and Jill weren't cut out for missionaries and both seem to have a lot of issues. Staying in one place close to their families will be great. But I bet the lost girls will be over all the time "helping" out Jill by cooking, cleaning and taking care of her kids. Or Jill dumping her kids at TTH like Jessa does. 

Do any of the local colleges need an annoying bible thumper wandering around?

Probably

I bet Oral Roberts would welcome with open arms. Or that university that owned the chapel Jinger got married in.

6 hours ago, Markie said:

Where does Cathy live? Perhaps Derick can get a job in the accounting department of a Conservative company or in the accounting or finance department of a large fundie church there. I would like to see them living closer on Cathy. She dotes on Izzy and will probably be the same with Samuel. It would be nice for the boys to be a priority and not lost in the masses of duggar span. Jill would be close to her family but not in their back yard. 

6 hours ago, calimojo said:

I doubt that they will live closer to Cathy vs. Living closer to the compound.  JB is going to let them have that big house and they aren't going to walk away from that and have to pay rent or a mortgage to live near Cathy.  Plus JB wants all the kids on the compound.  That has always been his goal

Cathy doesn't live all that far away from the TTH, according to google maps it's 25 miles (about a 45 minute drive).

16 hours ago, kachuu said:

I had to go back to watch the episode of Jill & Jana getting their wisdom teeth out and I was shocked at how JIll was such a Daddy's girl. JB had to PRY his hand out of her hand so they couldn't finally get started with the surgery. So this idea that JB saying something to Turd Face sounds completely realistic to me.

I would think that there may still be the slightest animosity between Jill & Jessa. Didn't Jill say at one point that she was jealous if Jessa's looks or how she wore clothes? But also, Jessa had a super easy second birth, Jill labored for 40 hours and did not have the ideal home birth she wanted. Then toss in any postpartum depression due to a dramatic birth that we keep speculating about. She might not want to buddy up with Jessa so much as Jana. Jill & Jana always seemed tighter.

I don't know if it's the Norco speaking, but I'm oddly comforted knowing Jill has that kind of relationship with JB. Sad because Derrik does not appear to 'treasure' her (sounds weird I know). Is he (Derrik)ever tender towards her on the show?   

I know Jill and Jessa don't seem that close, and think it's quite possible she feels jealousy towards Jessa. I suppose watching Jessa and Ben interact so happily, and Ben's attentiveness towards his children might make it worse. I'm hoping Jill becomes happier and more confident and won't feel jealous. 

Maybe it will be nice for Jana to have her back. Crap, how sad these adult children seem. 

My adult daughter, and teen daughter both have struggles with depression and anxiety. I thank Rufus for the great mental health workers who have helped them through. I know my kids know what to do if they start to struggle again. They have choices and options and know it.

They returned August 6, 2016 to the US for a "visit," two weddings and the holidays. They went back to CA on Feb 16th only to return May 20th for daughter Joy's wedding.  On August 9, 2017 they announce the mission is over.  THREE MONTHS in the last year. THREE. How deceptive to donors but more importantly there is no direction or work.

Jazz, with your schooling, summer college classes and advocacy work..pay no attention to the peanut gallery. 

And yeah, I don't see Derick getting a job.

14 hours ago, justoneoftwo said:

I will say that his ministry might not have done anything but he did set up a non profit and that isn't nothing.  He also kept it going.  He got donations, he had to have done some accounting for that right?  That can look really good on a resume.  Particularly for either a fan, or someone who doesn't know much about them.  

Hah!  If I were hiring and Derick miraculously made it to a shortlist, the non-profit claim would have his resume in the circular file faster than you can say "Gothard."

He set up a non-profit by filling in and filing a form to register a 501(c)3. Anyone can do that.  Then he set out his begging bowls.   

If you go to Guidestar (watchdog for non-profits  https://www.guidestar.org/profile/47-4302759) Dillard Family Ministries has:

Receipts: 0.  Assets: 0.  And he has never filed a Form 990-N.  So IF he took in any money he couldn't be bothered to do any accounting and the IRS can zap him for failing to file as required. 

Derick's resume is dreadful.  I couldn't be bothered to look up the dates:

• Pistol Pete.
  • "Humanitarian" work in Nepal.  Illegally handed out Bibles to unsuspecting nationals.*
  • Cast member on TLC's 19K&C
  • Married Jill Duggar.  
  • Impregnated wife.
  • Worked at Walmart.  Mom got me the job and I took lots of time off for honeymoon and paternity leave.  
  • Cast member on Counting On.
  • Fathered son.
  • "President" Dillard Family Ministries.  Doing the books? Don't be silly. That's for regular folks.
  • "Missionary" in Danger America.  Learned a little Spanish.  
  • Impregnated wife again.
  • More paternity leave.

* Napal is a closed country to missionaries.

Completely agree that the court case is an incentive - after all, they're expecting to get 3 or 4 million dollars out of it, so it's worth the investment.  Plus, as @Fjrocks says, they were hardly in SCA full-time, anyway. 

But like @Beermeet, I'm interested in why Derek cut his hair too - the implication was that long hair would impede his ministry, which I didn't understand in the context of Danger America, but even less so in the context of the USA.

29 minutes ago, Fjrocks said:

THREE MONTHS in the last year. THREE. How deceptive to donors but more importantly there is no direction or work.

Nice of them to beg for donations and the decide not to go back to SA. I'm sure the money will buy them many cups of coffee.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived