IGNORED

Dillards 38: Still Chewing on that Foot in His Mouth

Coconut Flan

FFS he lives in AR, go to work for a church as their business manager. Accounting and hate all rolled into one nice little place. Muffin has smalls now, she won't be so bored and clingy. He should give it a shot, he might like it.

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would he take a job?  I don't know, I don't think he wants a real job so no, but thats just a guess. I think they are being vague because they are backing out of being so public, why?  I don't know.  I expect that it relates to health issues they are having.  I expect they are unwilling to share their birth story and all that at this point, for whatever reason.  I expect we will see less and less of them for a while.  I think there is something off in the state of Dillard, and they are hunkering down to deal with it.  I'm surprised, and frankly curious, but if thats true its probably a good and healthy choice.

1 hour ago, Nice Pair said:

At this time, God has seen fit for our family to continue serving him in ministry within the context of Northwest Arkansas.

I'm sure the Diocese of Little Rock has been duly notified and is prepared to tresspass Mr. Dillard for attempting to "continue serving Him" on any Church owned property in the state of AR. 

I'm really curious as to what these mysterious circumstances are that have them staying in AR. I kind of hope Jill had a come to Jesus moment with Derick and made it clear how uncomfortable and unhappy it is to be there. She strikes me as the type to bottle it all up and then have a nuclear explosion when it's too much.

I feel so much relief for Jill. I think in theory she thought the mission life would be great but didn't love it in actuality. A lot of things in life are like that, in my opinion. I'm glad she will have her support system back in place.  I'm sure raising two small children in a foreign country is scary and isolating. But I do anticipate their social media presence to be higher since they won't have any internet issues in the states. That is going to lead to so much snarking material. SO MUCH!! 

1 hour ago, VineHeart137 said:

Blog post under the spoiler in case you don't want to give them clicks:

And here's the family photo:

Goodness! Where is Jinger when you need her ! Those flops ! And pants ! & shirt ! My word! I am just flabbergasted at the lack of effort here , I feel like Miranda in Devil wears Prada. Izzy looks adorable..but Jill! U are up and allllliiiiveeee girl ! Rock that mom of 2 bun like its nobody's business ! Cute Sam. 

4 minutes ago, justoneoftwo said:

Is it just me or does Jill look much happier than we have seen her in a while?

If my asshole husband told me that me and my two sons get to stay close to our family and not in a place in wich we are not able to communicate well, i'd be grinning too

8 minutes ago, justoneoftwo said:

Is it just me or does Jill look much happier than we have seen her in a while?

She is happy  that she gets to stay home and be able to see her family and Izzy has his cousin's to play with. Jill never got the chance to recover properly from her last c section before being whisked away to central America and the stress of scandals.

So happy for Jill and the boys,  I'm surprised she isn't doing cartwheels.  I wonder who talked some sense into Derick.

3 minutes ago, Fundie Bunny said:

If my asshole husband told me that me and my two sons get to stay close to our family and not in a place in wich we are not able to communicate well, i'd be grinning too

Plus, I'm sure she's been anxious since Izzy about how things would play out if she needed another C section. It's no big thing for the rest of us, but for a Duggar, it changes everything.

Now it's happened, and they're working through it, coming to terms with the future, and adjusting. Sometimes living thru that thing we most dread is a RELIEF because we can finally stop dreading it and stressing out over "what if".  The fallout isn't always EASY, but at least it's something tangible we can work through. Worry is just a faceless specter with little repellent. 

well there you go - Derick got told off by JB because Jill probably has been so sad and bam they use the word counsel a lot..

so they are staying for the future.

Which means Derick needs to man up and get a job 

1 hour ago, karen77 said:

I really wonder what the "circumstances" were..... 

could be endless

Jill told JB she couldn't handle her life down in SCA and JB went to Derick and told him so 

the funds have dried up for the mission 

the doctor told her never to go back to SCA

SOS sent them a letter detailing how useless they were 

1 hour ago, Bad Wolf said:

But but but Jesus told them. They wouldn't do it without his ok.

that is where all the counsel came from 

49 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

I guess the hate tweet was the beginning of this new ministry?

or the fact that he can't have his way even though he is a headcase oh excuse me a headship 

now Jana can raise Izzy 

I was under the impression that SOS was useless in general, and wouldn't think they were particularly useless?  

TLC probably told them they wouldn't follow them down to SCA and because of money they decided we can counsel the internet 

this is huge I Think that they are not going 

i'm not sure why we're assuming that this decision had anything to do with Jill, her health, or her happiness.  Dirty Jesus probably gave up his dream of serving teh lawd and bothering catholics because of something related to HIM.  Maybe all those drs appointments and jaw surgery needs follow  up.

Gee did anyone consider maybe SOS doesn't want them back and affiliated with their ministry? Maybe the shit storm of everyone calling them out on fake missions has hurt the rotating insurgence of young people wanting to go with SOS. Maybe SOS doesn't want the wrath of the public Derick has brewed up directed at them?  They might agree with him but don't want any fall out headed in their direction.

Can I sue them? I rolled my eyeballs so hard I think I sprained them when I read that ridiculous sack of self important delusion. 

Through a number of circumstances meetings with JimBob, and guided by much prayer and counsel JimBob's insistence that his precious JillyMuffin didn't like Scary Sintrul Murrica, we are discerning the Lord leading following JimBob's directive that our family’s full-time ministry grifting back to focus on the United States for the time being so we can live in a big house with a pool.

Fixed it.

2 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Dirty Jesus probably gave up his dream of serving teh lawd and bothering catholics because of something related to HIM.

This.  And perhaps they are staying in AR because of the stupid law suit.

Well at least they won't be pestering the people of Central America for a while.  I don't think Jill was cut out to be a missionary wife.  

Derick isn't going to get a job as an accountant.  The trained accountant has never filed a form 990 for his non-profit Dillard Family Ministries.  FFY 2015 should be up by now.  Naughty and idle boy.

The Dullards are still sucking at the teat of TLC so he doesn't need another job, although the revenue earned by selling pictures to People Mag. may be drying up a bit.  

No, we should start a pool on what his "full time" ministry will be.  A few possibilities:

• Pastoring a church plant - because you don't need no stinkin' Seminary to be a pastor.
  • Prisons - because pestering inmates about God is always necessary.  

Or there's the always popular:

• Printing ministry.  Because the world needs so many more tracts to throw away.
  • Other - suggestions welcome!
4 minutes ago, Fluffy14 said:

Gee did anyone consider maybe SOS doesn't want them back and affiliated with their ministry? Maybe the shit storm of everyone calling them out on fake missions has hurt the rotating insurgence of young people wanting to go with SOS. 

You are too optimistic, I fear.

SOS is as Mickey Mouse and hateful of a faux mission as any I've seen.  SOS is probably praising Derick for his "bravery" on twitter as we type.  And flocks of misguided teenage misscationers are standing in line to tread where their Fundie hero trod in Danger America.

I know there are probably people speculating that they're staying in the states because of Jill's health or some other rumor that's circulated online (seriously though, we know nothing about the circumstances of Samuel's birth. As far as we know, Jill and Sam are both perfectly fine). However, I personally think that they are Iikely staying in AR due to the kidnappings/murders/etc that have taken place near SOS and to people DerJill knew. 

Am I giving the Dillards too much credit for assuming they are putting the safety of their family first? 

4 minutes ago, Mayluka said:

Am I giving the Dillards too much credit for assuming they are putting the safety of their family first? 

Just wanted to say, how sad is it that this might be too much credit?  Shouldn't we assume basically every family does this?  

2 hours ago, Nice Pair said:

The very last paragraph:

At this time, God has seen fit for our family to continue serving him in ministry within the context of Northwest Arkansas.

Well what do you know, specifically NW Arkansas.  Not anywhere, USA, home. Thanks God!

3 hours ago, VineHeart137 said:

Blog post under the spoiler in case you don't want to give them clicks:

Reveal hidden contents

New Direction in Ministry

Thank you so much for your support of Dillard Family Ministries through your prayers and financial resources.  It has been a joy and blessing to see how our Lord has worked in Central America, and your generous giving has been a huge part of making that possible!  During our time working with SOS Ministries over the past 2 years, we have witnessed God transforming the lives of many involved in the gang community and positively influencing the lives of young people for the sake of the Kingdom.  Through numerous efforts of community development, skills training, sports outreach, and local church ministry, a strong foundation has been laid that I believe the Lord will continue to grow for many years to come.      

Through a number of circumstances, and guided by much prayer and counsel, we are discerning the Lord leading our family’s full-time ministry back to the United States for the time being. 

We understand very well that mission work definitely requires flexibility.  This, we have witnessed and experienced first-hand in our years of ministry.  It is, and always has been our aim, to seek the Lord above all else.  This includes walking in close relationship with Him daily, seeking His direction for our family, and doing our absolute best in everything, namely, being a Gospel witness and Kingdom worker in whatever context He places us. 

Because He Lives,

Derick and Jill Dillard (+Israel & Samuel)

Very interesting that most of it is 'we', 'our', 'us' etc ... except for the part saying 'I believe'. 

Bad grammar?

Or are you the only one who believes it, Derick? ;) 

52 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

i'm not sure why we're assuming that this decision had anything to do with Jill, her health, or her happiness.  Dirty Jesus probably gave up his dream of serving teh lawd and bothering catholics because of something related to HIM.  Maybe all those drs appointments and jaw surgery needs follow  up.

This. I do wonder if JB would intervene on Jill's behalf, since she has a new master now. 

I don't think Jill even knows what she wants or doesn't want. She spent a lifetime suppressing any emotion that wasn't JOY! She has been taught her whole life she is to be a 'helpmeet' so likely would never say no to anything even when asked because she is supposed to do whatever her husband wants. I would actually be glad if they do stick around Duggerville and Jana helps out and cares for her. Maybe spend time with jessa and her family  because they do seem happy. I think that would be a good influence on her and the cousins playing too. I will be very troubled if they don't stay in Duggarville and Dickwad isolates them from the family. Something isn't right.

I'm wondering how employable Derrik is in the real world at the moment. On paper he has very little to show for what he has done since leaving his job. I guess saying he was doing missions might look okay on a resume but if they want details- probably not. Those gaps look bad, unless he interviews well. Not only that, his social media is a mess. I wonder if he can have normal conversations with more secular people. I get the feeling he would be a shitty employee and unbearable coworker.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived