IGNORED

Dillards 38: Still Chewing on that Foot in His Mouth

Coconut Flan

Blog post under the spoiler in case you don't want to give them clicks:

Spoiler

New Direction in Ministry

Thank you so much for your support of Dillard Family Ministries through your prayers and financial resources.  It has been a joy and blessing to see how our Lord has worked in Central America, and your generous giving has been a huge part of making that possible!  During our time working with SOS Ministries over the past 2 years, we have witnessed God transforming the lives of many involved in the gang community and positively influencing the lives of young people for the sake of the Kingdom.  Through numerous efforts of community development, skills training, sports outreach, and local church ministry, a strong foundation has been laid that I believe the Lord will continue to grow for many years to come.      

Through a number of circumstances, and guided by much prayer and counsel, we are discerning the Lord leading our family’s full-time ministry back to the United States for the time being. 

We understand very well that mission work definitely requires flexibility.  This, we have witnessed and experienced first-hand in our years of ministry.  It is, and always has been our aim, to seek the Lord above all else.  This includes walking in close relationship with Him daily, seeking His direction for our family, and doing our absolute best in everything, namely, being a Gospel witness and Kingdom worker in whatever context He places us. 

At this time, God has seen fit for our family to continue serving him in ministry within the context of Northwest Arkansas. 

Because He Lives,

Derick and Jill Dillard (+Israel & Samuel)

And here's the family photo:

05EB43F980235D40566AAD62FAEB6429.img-005

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Am I missing something? I'm not seeing anything about their staying in Arkansas....  OK - I see it, above, but couldn't find that on their blog. I'm clearly not Duggarstalking enough. lol (The blog post hadn't been shared when I first wrote my response about missing something...)

1 minute ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

Am I missing something? I'm not seeing anything about their staying in Arkansas....

Through a number of circumstances, and guided by much prayer and counsel, we are discerning the Lord leading our family’s full-time ministry back to the United States for the time being. 

We understand very well that mission work definitely requires flexibility.  This, we have witnessed and experienced first-hand in our years of ministry.  It is, and always has been our aim, to seek the Lord above all else.  This includes walking in close relationship with Him daily, seeking His direction for our family, and doing our absolute best in everything, namely, being a Gospel witness and Kingdom worker in whatever context He places us. 

At this time, God has seen fit for our family to continue serving him in ministry within the context of Northwest Arkansas. 

I'm really glad that they are dropping the farce of "serving the lord" in scary CA.  Perhaps Jill can get the help and support that she needs for whatever is going on with her, or atleast some help having two littles and a manchild for a headship.  I wonder if the "guest house" will now be converted to a permanent residence close enough to the TTH for them to have Jana daycare.

The very last paragraph:

First wise decision they've made in awhile. It will be interesting to see how Derick intends to pursue ministry in the U.S. Maybe it wasn't a great time to alienate TLC.

Interesting that Dirty Jesus appears clean, his hair is still short, and he kinda shaved.  I like the FU internet that Jill is both standing up and out of the house.

1 minute ago, Carm_88 said:

Does that mean DirtyJesus will get a job? :o 

HA! Surely god wouldnt ask THAT of him!?!  His "ministry" will continue so I guess he'll team up with Bin to follow rappers and put on fake football camps now.

3 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

Does that mean DirtyJesus will get a job?  

Maybe he would like Josh's old job with the Family Research Council. His tweets are part of the interview process.

4 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

Does that mean DirtyJesus will get a job? :o 

I feel like starting a countdown to when the Dillards set up a GoFundMe for an RV or pop-up camper.  I don't think Derick is a job-type person.

Derick, a good rule of thumb is if a two year old son needs a dress shirt and vest....flip flops are probably not appropriate. 

17 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

I feel like starting a countdown to when the Dillards set up a GoFundMe for an RV or pop-up camper.  I don't think Derick is a job-type person.

He's not.  Derrick is never going to hold a job.  He doesn't have to. They earn a fortune off TLC.  

FULL TIME MINISTRY? 

28 minutes ago, Nice Pair said:

What full time ministry? Are they going to beg for money so they can stay home in full time ministry, and full time play house? Full time harass and bully people on social media?  Watch out Northwest Arkansas full time ministry coming your way Dillard style.

He can work for JBoob!!!!! Clean those toilets Dewrreck!!!!!

Praise the Lord....those two tiny children do not need to live in SCA. Jill needs to be healthy and strong for those children. They are young and vulnerable. They missed the Zika threat this time, and I haven't heard that it is as active now, but why risk it.

It will be very interesting to see how this plays out. And if they return from a grifting lifestyle to a huge McMansion. And damn it, doesn't that house have the pool? That makes me unhappy.

He is counting on millions from the law suit.  He won't even need TLC then, and it will be proof he was right all along.  They were clearly victims of the evil liberal world.

For whatever snark, suspicion, and criticism any of us can give them for this decision, I hope the main feeling for all of us is RELIEF. Thank goodness they've made this decision, whatever the reasons for it, and have put their family's safety ahead of their selfish desires to be white saviors in an area that needs more than "sports ministry" and comforting words in bad Spanish. I just wish we didn't have to hear all the BS "the Lord led us..." and "God has seen fit" and whatever else about praying to him and him laying it on their hearts - be an adult and say "We have made what we feel is the best decision for our family."

20 minutes ago, Fjrocks said:

Derick, a good rule of thumb is if a two year old son needs a dress shirt and vest....flip flops are probably not appropriate. 

I don't know why, but when men wear long pants with flip flops it makes my skin crawl. The hairy toes peeking out from the hem of the pants is just too much.

While he mentions they will be ministering in NW Arkansas, I'm wondering if that will be "full time" or a side gig. I'm really hoping Derick gets a regular, run of the mill job that he could,oh I don't know, use his college degree with.

What a surprise. 

Now derick just needs to get a job and they might be on track to live a slightly less snark-worthy life :D 

No seriously though, I'm a bit mad at them for making it seem like they are Mr. And Mrs. Super Mission and then quitting after such a short time, but it seems like the better decision. I just hope that they do something productive with their lives now.

really any of the duggar kids. 

Do we actually know what Josh and Ben are doing these days? 

8 minutes ago, ThunderRolls said:

I don't know why, but when men wear long pants with flip flops it makes my skin crawl. The hairy toes peeking out from the hem of the pants is just too much.

While he mentions they will be ministering in NW Arkansas, I'm wondering if that will be "full time" or a side gig. I'm really hoping Derick gets a regular, run of the mill job that he could,oh I don't know, use his college degree with.

It would be amazing if he did this.  I don't think its likely though.  If he were wouldn't he say that?  Some fan might even offer him a job if he did.

I'm relieved to see Jill standing up.

It was within my set of possible complications I was imagining that perhaps an anesthesia mishap had left her temporarily paralyzed.

After this recent twitter bullying I wonder how can work at a large company which would have discrimination issues with this. He can always do free lance work as he is  think a tax accountant.  I think.

@justoneoftwo - I hadn't thought of a fan offering him a job. That would be awesome if someone did, but I wonder if he would take it? And I honestly don't know if Derick would be totally upfront about their plans. This whole post was fairly vague, and he didn't mention what exactly has led them to stay in the US. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived