IGNORED

Dillards 38: Still Chewing on that Foot in His Mouth

Coconut Flan

1 hour ago, DinglyDoll said:

I made an "unfortunate" comment. I have indicated that I wasn't intentionally being offensive.

Very "unfortunate."  

Yes.  You have explained.  And justified.  And also attacked.  You are managing to dig yourself a slightly bigger hole with the attitude you are taking, I'm afraid.

I always find it good practice to apologize when I have unintentionally offended someone.  

So, I am sorry you found my attempt to tell you that the way you wrote that sentence offended me, and was liable to offend many posters on FJ, so very objectionable.  It was only my intent to warn you that you were heading into very dangerous territory.   

Think about it.

So how about those nutty Dillards then?  And why did the dog chew my favorite flipflops?

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, DinglyDoll said:

I've obviously hit a nerve and pissed off a lot of people on here. But geez, your language seems hostile for a supposed conversation, and I find it a bit offensive. Warning me???? I was expressing my opinion that it's unfortunate. For me it's unfortunate for religion to have turned one into an atheist. That's my opinion, and it's a very esoteric one. I'm relatively new to being out of fundy Christianity, which I don't agree with.  I'm not casting judgment on you or on any atheists. The atheists I've met online are some of the kindest and most well-spoken people I've encountered. I only feel that it's unfortunate in some very esoteric way that I don't even understand yet. You don't feel that it's unfortunate, and that's fine. No need to get so huffy. This doesn't feel like a very safe place to have a slightly diverse opinon.

I only know about Vyckie Garrison from what I've read and heard online. Just relaying information. Didn't know FJ had a thread.

I may be late on this discussion but...

1. I wouldn't get too worried about @Palimpsest saying "I should warn you...", it's a phrase and I think she just means, "You should know that..."

2. I do understand what you mean, @DinglyDoll when you say its unfortunate when someone goes from having a strong belief in God to no longer believing at all, especially because it speaks to the great trauma that leads something like that to happen. It's a loss of faith which must be a huge loss, almost like a break-up.  It's one thing to have been atheist your whole life, it's another to go from being religious to not. I don't think you meant to sound judgey when you said it, though I see how it could have been easily have taken in a judgemental way. This is me trying to make peace between all of us that are likely on the same page just get lost in the rhetoric...

According to a poster on another board who knows people with SOS, the Dullards were fired, mainly for their inability to communicate with the locals, although it was noted that they were both excellent with children.

2 minutes ago, marmalade said:

According to a poster on another board who knows people with SOS, the Dullards were fired, mainly for their inability to communicate with the locals, although it was noted that they were both excellent with children.

You don't say!!! Is this a reliable source....wow....I mean.....wow.....

5 minutes ago, marmalade said:

What is the other board?

It seems weird to me that they would even want to still be on TLC.  I love the channel but it's a full on freak show over there.  Don't they realize that they're just one of the many "freak" families featured on the show.  And I say that as a fan of Jazz, et al. 

All mention of SOS is now scrubbed from the blog. I saw it there on Wednesday, and there is a new blog post. The DONATE! button was already gone on Wednesday. Make of it what you will. 

36 minutes ago, Incognito22 said:

Uh can we get a recipe for the aforementioned peanut butter Nutella banana bread?  It might be a spiritual thing cause it sounds angelic! ( see what I did there)

Yeah, sure.. It is not my recipe, I found it online, but it is awesome.

I'll just leave that here, maybe you know her website, maybe not. It's pure heaven. I love to bake and pretty much every recipe I ever made of her website was to DIE for! Cinnamon Swirl BB is also fantastic.

https://sallysbakingaddiction.com/2012/06/21/nutella-swirled-peanut-butter-banana-bread/

I also have the first of her books, which is pretty amazing. Only thing that sucks for me is that some of the ingredients are very hard to get here, seeing as she's based in the US and I am not. But I'm crossing my fingers for an upgrade for long distance flights in the non to far future :D

3 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

Completely agreed with all of this and would like to throw in the main reason; Derick is allergic to work! He doesn't want to work, he wants to be going around annoying the piss out of people and then screaming about how he's persecuted. 

To be fair, the Duggars really don't believe in "going to work"...you know, every day, for years on end like the majority of adults in this world do- there's something Satanical about that process and the independence that comes with it.

I'd venture to say, had DD not hooked up with JD, he'd be working. His parents work (ed), as does his brother.

Here's the post from the other board. 

While I'm not anxious to comment again about my friend that I met at the coffee shop who worked with SOS when Jill and Derick were there . . . she says on FB that it was an SOS decision.  They give you X amount of time to at least become conversational in the language and take the classes ... and if you can't do it ... you can't serve. (She is a polyglot and is fluent in about six languages) The Dillards had MONTHS AND MONTHS of language classes that other people usually complete in a matter of weeks and they usually complete those in the States and not in the actual country where the language is spoken.  She said that the exposure for SOS to have their ministry and mission on Counting On was also not very great because Jill made it seem like she was moments from rape and murder at all times and Derick was walking through the fire on borrowed time and it hurt SOS more than helped them. Instead of focusing on how safe the environment was for Jill and Derick because of how much the ministry spends to ensure that it's safe for their missionaries ... the Dillards AND TLC chose to focus on what COULD happen ... anywhere in the world. And I guess the transphobia towards Jazz Jennings was the final straw. It just wasn't financially viable to have them as missionaries anymore.[\quote]

@marmalade, I think it is fine to link to P-TV.  

I don't often read P-TV (a bit too BEC for me) let alone post (I'm too afraid of getting penalties for thread drift!) but they keep very up to date.  There is a lot of overlap of posters between us and they usually credit FJ when we have breaking news.  That is nice of them.

This is the link to the comment quoted above:  http://forums.previously.tv/topic/4651-jill-derick-dullard-counting-on-donations/?page=501#comment-3539749

So, second hand gossip.  I really have no idea whether that poster or her information are reliable or not.

A random comment, sorry, but I have never really understood, for example, Jill and Jessa's emphasis on describing their house in SA as so "simple", "small" and "cozy". To me it looked like, at least for living the rural area that they were in, a pretty big and luxurious house.

DYING at the "shut your ungodly lopsided mouth" image.... (linked out from P-TV to Twitter).

3 minutes ago, justoneoftwo said:

The part I question is the Jazz issue being a final straw. Isn't SOS of a similar mind?

I thought about that as well and figured that SOS didn't want to be tied to the negative publicity, regardless of their personal stance on the issue. Bottom line is that the Jazz tweets garnered nationally negative press. Would you want that representing your company? 

6 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

As to the flip flops, my dad, brother and daughter live in them year round they have summer flip flops and winter flip flops and we live in Iowa. Who am I kidding I live him them from May to October.  My dad grew up in Japan, HI, So. Cal & AR he's always worn them, not sure if it is a warm climate thing or a hot sweaty feet thing.  My daughter has sweaty feet and hates closed shoes of any kind.

It is definitely a sweaty feet thing. I live in northern Sweden and wear flip flops and other open shoes from about May to about when it it starts being below freezing (sep-nov depending on the year). I hardly ever wear socks other than wool socks in the winter. Wool can handle my sweaty feet better as it stays warm even when wet. When my feet do get cold they are like frozen solid and take hours to warm up. 

5 minutes ago, marmalade said:

I thought about that as well and figured that SOS didn't want to be tied to the negative publicity, regardless of their personal stance on the issue. Bottom line is that the Jazz tweets garnered nationally negative press. Would you want that representing your company? 

I might, it depends who my target is.  The boycott of chick-fil-a ended with them getting more profits due to people feeling they were being persecuted.  If my supporters are inclined to think that way I would love that publicity, they might donate more. 

@freethemall.  I'm clearly included as one of those people a few pages back.

I assume, and I really believe it's a correct assumption,  that everyone here on FJ knows that we don't really know how it really is.  Like, of course.  That's why you'll see lots of "IMO" or "If it were me" or "It seemed like" as a preface to the coming speculation. 

This sort of speculation happens on all reality TV or SM people.  It's designed to.  And, while it may not be someone's cup of tea, it is mine and I'm going to speculate and I'm glad to have others to chat with.  The conversations it leads to get far more interesting anyway!  Often it leads to self reflection and good discussion.

Speculators gonna speculate.  Don't hate the speculator, hate the TV show.  LOL :D

6 minutes ago, Beermeet said:

@freethemall.  I'm clearly included as one of those people a few pages back.

I assume, and I really believe it's a correct assumption,  that everyone here on FJ knows that we don't really know how it really is.  Like, of course.  That's why you'll see lots of "IMO" or "If it were me" or "It seemed like" as a preface to the coming speculation. 

This sort of speculation happens on all reality TV or SM people.  It's designed to.  And, while it may not be someone's cup of tea, it is mine and I'm going to speculate and I'm glad to have others to chat with.  The conversations it leads to get far more interesting anyway!  Often it leads to self reflection and good discussion.

Speculators gonna speculate.  Don't hate the speculator, hate the TV show.  LOL :D

I can see where you're coming from @Beermeet. It is helpful to put in some words that make it clear you're speculating, because I felt that in this comment of yours you didn't:

He seemed to dig it for a while.  He thought she'd put on her big girl pants.  She didn't.   He expected her to be the mission wife she thought she was, the proverbs 31 wife.  She couldn't,  he wants to keep going.  It does seem likely a meeting/intervention happened.   And, honestly,  good.  Cause that couple needed a minute to just be and they never got it with the honeymoon baby.  They went through a lot in a short period of time, they're all fucked up.

I hope everyone does truly know we don't know how it is, sometimes I get the impression people do think how it is.

Also the previously.TV thread there's a comment that is really the kind I dislike:

Derick has clearly gone off the deep end with the SOS decision to let them go.   We've speculated that those two don't have a great marriage to begin with, how long before his anger and frustration turns into resentment towards Jill?  Neither one of them is mentally stable and the SOS situation combined with Sam's birth debacle might just break them.  

It's like one step away from insinuating abuse. Our boards here at least have rules about certain kinds of insinuations, because clearly not all speculation is ethical and appropriate.

Here's how it is IRL: I am clearly bored at work and ready to finish this Friday and go on vacation since I am posting so much on this thread rather than working!

@freethemall. 2 things, 1. I definitely could've made it clearer I was just talking out my butt. I assume my words are not taken seriously ,  just a viewers guess.   I do feel it's plausible and stand by my statement that they need to just be.  I'd say that for any newly married couple. JMO.

2. The last sentance I was quoting Cheech and Chongs " Up in Smoke".  I was hoping some would get it.  Superfunny scene!

I hear ya! IRL I'm making excuses to not vacuum!  It's hot as hell here.

Was watching some videos on youtube, on a completely unrelated manner, and this gem popped up. Have no idea if it's been posted before.

From that quote from P-TV - the bit about their poor language skills and this bit below (my bolding) makes more sense than the Jazz issue being a final straw.  SOS is in the business of misscations far more than helping people in developing countries and digging wells.  They probably make a lot of money off those short-term missions.

She said that the exposure for SOS to have their ministry and mission on Counting On was also not very great because Jill made it seem like she was moments from rape and murder at all times and Derick was walking through the fire on borrowed time and it hurt SOS more than helped them. Instead of focusing on how safe the environment was for Jill and Derick because of how much the ministry spends to ensure that it's safe for their missionaries ... the Dillards AND TLC chose to focus on what COULD happen ... anywhere in the world. 

Reminding everybody that posts must be in English. Please add a translation when you post occasional sentences in other languages.

That's the scene.  Hippie party and the girls just snorted a bunch of Ajax they thought was cocaine.  This movie is on my  comedy classics list. :D

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived