IGNORED

John Shrader 13: Is the End Near? (In Kafue?)

Coconut Flan

2 hours ago, Howl said:

Not seeing this on Arcade's public face book.  Is there a link?

No. I'm friends with arcade and the post is private. I paraphrased, but that was basically what was said. 

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Milly-Molly-Mandy said:

I'm sorry but @Palimpsestyour commentary on John's Facebook messages are too amusing, it is making me choke with laughter and my baby is not amused at having her nursing session interrupted by any noise :lol:

:D  Please tell baby that I'm sorry.  I'm afraid I'm not going to stop though (because John bugs me.)  So Mama is going to have to avoid this thread while nursing.

8 hours ago, gustava said:

I do, too, but wonder about malaria pills.  Is he too young to take them?

We had someone (who seemed very informed) visit a while ago to say that anti-malarial pills are not taken much these days.  Mosquito nets and bug spray seem to be the order of the day.  I wouldn't know.  We took them in my day, but there were very nasty side-effects.

Malaria is very nasty.  I hope the child recovers completely.  And this is one of those incredibly rare time that John asks for prayers for someone other than himself.

6 hours ago, Ms. Squishels said:

I'm thinking someone from FJ perhaps.

Perhaps, but not me.  I don't touch the poop.

Perhaps someone from here or reading here, but John is quite famous and isn't only discussed on FJ.  I've come across references to him on other anti-Fundie sites, and it would not surprise me at all if he were notorious in legitimate Missionary circles.

It was really funny how he changed his tune at the concept of donations though!

John really is back where he began in June 2014. He does have a roof or two, umpteen vehicles and bookcases etc. What Is Daddy Shrader feeding his Tri-County congregation on to make them keep on giving money to John boy?????  John has done NO good what so ever in Zambia. HOW can the sheeple not understand this????? The question is to deep for my brain to cope with. 

2 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

We had someone (who seemed very informed) visit a while ago to say that anti-malarial pills are not taken much these days.  Mosquito nets and bug spray seem to be the order of the day.  I wouldn't know.  We took them in my day, but there were very nasty side-effects.

Malaria is very nasty.  I hope the child recovers completely.  And this is one of those incredibly rare time that John asks for prayers for someone other than himself.

When I spent some months living in an high-risk malaria area of South-East Asia, I was given the recommendation not to take the antimalarials. Apparently doctors still recommend it if you're just visiting the area for a short period of time (a week or two maybe) but longer term use isn't worth the side-effect profile and most high-malaria areas are quite poor so it can be expensive to get refills or they may not even be available.

One of my friends who met me in a nearby island that was not a high-risk location (it was low-risk, take precautions) for his vacation flew in from Denmark. He didn't tell us that his doctor in Denmark put him on doxycycline and we didn't understand why he was just burning and burning and burning even though he was covering up, barely going in the sun, and coating himself with suncream. His skin was basically blistering and his stomach was so upset and we couldn't work out what he possibly ate that gave him "food poisoning" that we also hadn't eaten. Then I saw him taking his doxycycline and I almost swatted it out of his hands. He was basically bedridden at that point although he was trying so hard to participate in the trip- he had non-stop diarrhea, kind of like sun-stroke (all the burns/blisters, fever, chills, nausea/vomiting), and his skin was very itchy. We convinced him to stop taking it immediately and he was better except for the skin within 24 hours.

Anyway, it was recommended to me to use pesticide-treated mosquito nets, spray house surfaces with mosquito repellant, ALWAYS put on mosquito repellant, be conscious of being close to still/sitting water, minimize being outside at dusk and after dusk, wear long sleeves when possible (and still spray under clothes), and use basically any other thing you can think of to repel mosquitoes. 

17 hours ago, gustava said:

I do, too, but wonder about malaria pills.  Is he too young to take them?

He's probably not taking them.  Most doctors here will tell you that long-term use of Malaria prophylaxis* will destroy your liver.

I don't personally know anyone who lives here and takes the pills. The most cautious seem to do what we do: regular fumigation of property, mosquito nets over beds, long sleeves and pants at dawn and dusk, near constant application of repellant, and the use of prophylactic pills for the month after the rains but before we go to the US for the summer when Malaria is super prevalent. We then travel with a rapid test and full dosage of treatment for everyone in every family. 

*The only prophylaxis that works here and has been shown to be ok on your (physical) body long term is the one that causes mental and psychological side effects. I'm not really keen to put my developing kids on a drug that I won't take myself because of a nasty psychological reaction I've had to it. 

On ‎9‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 5:47 AM, formergothardite said:

John is requesting prayer for a fellow Zambian missionary whose son has malaria. 

Poor little guy, I hope he is okay. 

Poor little guy. I hope he gets all the medical attention he needs and feels better soon.

BTW - probably the first prayer request that John ever made that made somehow sense to me and wasn't all about him.

I still can't get over the idea of John (or anyone, really) believing in a god that would listen to and grant his prayers to get professional photographs done, but is ignoring the pleas of people he must know who've lost everything in Harvey (and that's before we even get to the starving/abused children desperately asking for help). 

It seems to be "it's all part of God's plan" when bad things happen to other people, but "Satan is attacking me" when things don't go exactly his way.

I'm really interested in the flying ministries that abound - Timothy Rodriguez wants to join one, too.  Am I right in thinking they're mostly dropping tracts/landing and preaching, rather than eg bringing medicine/vital supplies to remote places in need etc?

2 hours ago, Lurky said:

I'm really interested in the flying ministries that abound - Timothy Rodriguez wants to join one, too.  Am I right in thinking they're mostly dropping tracts/landing and preaching, rather than eg bringing medicine/vital supplies to remote places in need etc?

Mission Air Care referenced upthread is all about supporting Baptist missionaries who spread the Word and not about helping needy people in general. 

John has put up a new Prayer Letter.  It is all about his dear friend Michael escaping burning in Hell by 41 days, and how John got 100 people at church on Sunday.  

It is basically his Facebook posts with yellow highlighter and lots of underlining.  But Satan is still attacking so don't stop praying.

5 hours ago, Lurky said:

They vary.  Some provide valuable air ambulance services.  This one seems legit.    http://flyingmission.org/fmzintro.php

It is uber-evangelical but provides logistical assistance to other missions in the area (so why does John need his own plane), provides professional pilot and plane maintenance training to nationals, and just built an airstrip near a maternity clinic, among other examples. 

John's idea of a flying mission is about transporting himself and tracts.  It seems to be the new hot thing.  John isn't the only IFB missionary who wants to be a fly-boy, gets a pilot's licence and plane - and hey, presto!  Flying Ministry!  Mission Air Care struck me as a totally Mickey Mouse operation.

John will never fly. His plane is nothing more than a children supermarket ride. He has no flight hours logged since 2014. He doesn't like official paperwork (visa palaver on entry to Zambia), surely surely Daddy's sheeple will not be able to cough up for fuel, maintenance etc of plane. John is dangerous on the road, ( squashing too many folk into his bully mobile). John in a plane. No. Nopitty nope. 

10 minutes ago, Gobsmacked said:

John in a plane. No. Nopitty nope. 

John in a plane = danger to himself and others.  He doesn't NEED that silly plane anyway, let alone the costs of maintaining it, and all the other things you mention. 

3 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

John in a plane = danger to himself and others.  He doesn't NEED that silly plane anyway, let alone the costs of maintaining it, and all the other things you mention. 

But, SHINY!!!  

9 hours ago, Lurky said:

I've heard of Mission Aviation Fellowship, but I'm afraid I don't know much about them. The do seem to be international and fairly large. The website mentions "physical needs" in the sections I skimmed, so I hope that means they don't focus exclusively on proselytizing. I can't imagine they would partner with someone as inept as dear brother John. :pb_rollseyes:

John put up his latest prayer later and it is basically repeating his posts about his "best friend" Michael, who John cares about so much that he didn't even bother to request prayer for him. 

John is out on an adventure:

We're in the villages!

Still working on getting our trailer registered, so we had to do the rooftop setup again!

Made it safely to Chisobe (the name of this village means "We are lost"), and got the tents set up.

(I really like the picture of the moon over the umbrella tree!)

Please pray as we are getting the opportunity to meet with, not just the Headman, but the Chief of this entire area tomorrow morning!

It's going to be a very busy several days with preaching, teaching, and disciplining!

So grateful for the faithful young men from our church, and Bro. Phellion and Bro. David from our second church plant in Mulamba village!

Keep us in your prayers!

Bro. John Shrader 
Zambia 
On location in villages in the Bush!

I really hope he means 'discipling' rather than 'disciplining' though I certainly wouldn't put it past John to punish any/all infractions made by his new friends

The Prannock should have been visiting villages etc years ago. He tried staying put, letting folk come to him, stuffed it up by being his normal horrid self and now has to WORK ! I predict at least a week in bed on his return to aid recovery. 

4 hours ago, Jellybean said:

I really hope he means 'discipling' rather than 'disciplining' though I certainly wouldn't put it past John to punish any/all infractions made by his new friends

Aaaand cue image of John, Mighty White Preacher, brandishing a bunch of birch twigs in one hand, a bible in the other.

It's going to be interesting in a few months to see if donations from Daddy's church have dried up due to the parishioners donating to the Houston clean up or if somehow Daddy's shrader still manages to grift money for John. 

The apple doesn't fall far from the tree with those two. 

He's so gross playing at the mighty white missionary that I just want to slap him. 

I hope he somehow manages to grift enough money so that Esther and the kids can go back to the US. He can stay in Zambia. Although I do feel sorry for the people over there.

14 hours ago, Gobsmacked said:

The Prannock should have been visiting villages etc years ago. 

Prannock.  Hee!

It looks like everyone in his neighborhood is on to him.  That's why he is having to drive to the "Compound" and into rural areas these days to find converts.

He bought three of those expensive tents!  That set him back a cool $1,500.00 even on sale.  Here's what he said about them and the trailer back in May.

Bunking in the Bush and a Tremendous Trailer for Traveling!

For several years now here in Africa I have been praying and desiring to get quality tents as we are beginning to reach out into the villages and other places.

A cheap, poor quality three room tent costs just under $500.00 here. I found a used one for $150.00, but it's so poorly made it doesn't even sit flat on the ground. It's a pain to set up, but at least it has worked all these months.

I've been eyeing these rip-stop, heavy canvas tents made in South Africa, that are soaked and then roller pressure treated (twice) with an algicide, fungicide, fire retardant, and UV protectant.

They are designed for "semi-permanant" use, so they should last a long, long time...maybe even my lifetime! The 10'×10' costs about $1,100.00, so you can see why we hadn't invested in any.

Well... As Hudson Taylor use to say, "God's Work, done God's way, will never lack God's supply."

I walked into a store and found them clearing the very tents out at $500.00 each! Brand new! They are incredible tools, easy to set up and take down, and work wonderfully! What a blessing.

God is so very good, and He also provided the funds to get them!

He should be able to pack at least 4 people into one 10 x 10 tent.  He could have left the kids behind to do some, you know, homeschooling.  But, no.  Nothing but the best for John.

And perhaps the trailer has been deemed as unroadworthy as the plane is unairworthy so that is why it hasn't been registered yet.

19 hours ago, formergothardite said:

Still working on getting our trailer registered

Sigh. 

I walked into a store and found them clearing the very tents out at $500.00 each! Brand new! They are incredible tools, easy to set up and take down, and work wonderfully! What a blessing.

Meaning John had $1500 discretionary cash to buy tents. CASH. Which brings up something I've been wondering about, namely, if John now has a fairly robust bank account with a substantial cushion for opportunities like these.  

What a blessing, indeed. 

14 hours ago, Griftwood said:

Aaaand cue image of John, Mighty White Preacher, brandishing a bunch of birch twigs in one hand, a bible in the other.

Wearing his hat. Don't forget his hat. Oh and his multi-pocketed Explorer shirt. A grifter has to keep his Jerky and sunflower seeds safe whilst exploring uncharted territory of sub-Saharan Zambia. 

Sarcasm,

So he has $1500 on hand for a new 'need'? And WHY is the trailer not registered? He's had it months...

Please, Rufus, Harvey will dry up the donations from the credulous and uninformed in Katy!

I hope his plans aren't to make Esther and the kids travel along with him and live in a tent. Nobody who is heavily pregnant wants to live in a tent, and camping with 11 children (including toddlers) sounds like a nightmare. Giving birth in a tent doesn't sound good, especially if the nearest place to civilization is a remote village with a questionable chance of having a really good hospital if something goes wrong.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived