IGNORED

John Shrader 13: Is the End Near? (In Kafue?)

Coconut Flan

God determined mercy upon Tri-County Baptist Church's main Sanctuary and spared it from the flooding from Harvey.

The flood waters blessedly continue to recede, so for them, the worst (as far as the flooding is concerned), is over.

It would have been an uninsured mess had the water gotten in this new-ish debt free building.

Why was it uninsured? Even if it is debt free shouldn't they have insurance?

Dad designed and built this incredible building over a ten year plus span. Many helped and lent their incredible talent to get the building out of dad's head and off of scribbled drawings on napkins and papers and help it become a reality

So Daddy Shrader is just like John, he dreams up big things and leaves the details and actual work for others to do. He does seem a bit better at getting his stuff done, though. 

The County made them put the entire building almost three feet off the ground, which was accomplished using beams and pre-stressed concrete slabs to make the floor, like an elevated parking garage. We complained about it at the time...but now are so grateful!

There are reasons for those pesky laws. 

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, formergothardite said:

I can't imagine it's legal for a building that would have a liability for any accidents that happen on it's property not to have insurance of some kind.

I was right.  A quick google later confirms that all businesses, which churches in TX qualify as, must have general liability insurance.   However, there seems to be specific insurance for churches for the kind of issues that might arise out of this particular type of venue.

There were so many links just on church insurance policies that I gave up searching for specifics after going through about the first 7 pages of results.

I did read an article that talked about the importance of specific coverage for things like fires, flood, etc, so those are apparently optional plans.

Also, John might not want to put those prayers away just yet.  They just showed on the news that Katy is in the path for the second landfall of Harvey which will take places in a few hours.

6 hours ago, formergothardite said:

Damage from flooding isn't covered by regular building insurance (or even general liability insurance since someone mentioned it).  Flood insurance is its own thing and you generally aren't required to buy it unless you are mortgaging a property located in a known floodplain.  

ETA: So the people who have been flooded out of their houses?  Unless they bought an insurance policy specifically for flooding they are SOL and on their own to fix the damage.  I'd imagine that once you get outside of the part of Houston that is a floodplain the number of people completely wiped out by this with no insurance funds to clean up or rebuild will be pretty high.

Here we go again:

BIG DAY HERE IN SUB-SAHARAN AFRICA!!!

It may look like only a few pieces of paper to you...

Yup.

but what you're looking at is the typeset finished Bemba translation of our Gospel tract, "Are You Ready To Be Judged By God?"It's also very special to my heart because Michael Mulenga, my dear friend who has now gone to be with the Lord, began assisting us with this translation shortly after giving his life to Christ.

John's dear, dear, friend.  

Brian, one of our church members here in Kafue who is Bemba, did the main translation work, and Andrew, another man is is fluent in Bemba and attends Truth Biblical Baptist church here, has also been a great help.

And as you speak fluent Bemba yourself, John, you know the translation is correct.  Right?  

So poor Brian is still hanging in there.  Have you mentioned Andrew before?  

What this means for us here is that we are increasing our translations to include more of the main seven languages (there are more than 70 in Zambia!) available now to print and pass out. Bemba is the top language in Zambia to my understanding, with Nyanja being heavily used as well. We now have the tract in both languages!

This brings us to four completed Vernacular translations, with more in the works, if the Lord wills.

I wonder what the tract says in English.

Satan is clearly NOT happy and has really been fighting to discourage and destroy this work.

Satan, again.  :sad-bored:

The vernacular tracts are twice as long as the English, meaning there are four print runs (two double-sided pages, the high-speed printer-copiers only print one side at a time), which then require folding, collation, and then stapled together. A lot of work for each tract.

It seems to me that you do very little of the work yourself, John.  I'd much rather see photos of your older children doing actual schoolwork - folding and stapling tracts is not educational.

We thank God that the translation projects, process, and printing of these tracts continues to move forward, even though the men to help are so few. Pray that the Lord raises up more faithful men like Michael.

Noooo!  I'll pray that men like Michael run far away from John.  Heck, 41 days from conversion and the poor guy died.  Without John asking for prayers for him.

God determined mercy upon Tri-County Baptist Church's main Sanctuary and spared it from the flooding from Harvey...

The County made them put the entire building almost three feet off the ground, which was accomplished using beams and pre-stressed concrete slabs to make the floor, like an elevated parking garage. We complained about it at the time...but now are so grateful!

God mercifully spared this building from the flood

Hey John, It was actually THE COUNTY that spared the church. If you want to thank God, you should be thanking God that the county made them build it 3 feet off the ground.

4 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

Bemba is the top language in Zambia to my understanding, with Nyanja being heavily used as well.

John's been in Zambia how long?  He should be fluent in Bemba at this point.  At least when other denominations send out missionaries, they make sure they have some capacity to speak the language of people in the area where they'll be working.  John has made ZERO effort, ZERO. 

1 hour ago, Howl said:

John's been in Zambia how long?  He should be fluent in Bemba at this point.  At least when other denominations send out missionaries, they make sure they have some capacity to speak the language of people in the area where they'll be working.  John has made ZERO effort, ZERO. 

Weeeeelllllll he did speak with a Zambian accent for a while. 8-)

just showing my self out.

I'm going to just go ahead and admit that I don't think I really understand what tracts are.  What exactly are they translating into these various languages?   I have to believe that the bible is already translated into a huge number of languages since contrary to John and his ilk's beliefs there are Christians everywhere.

Do they not have bibles in the languages spoken in Africa already?

(Obviously, I realize they aren't translating the entire bible)

20 minutes ago, Curious said:

I'm going to just go ahead and admit that I don't think I really understand what tracts are.  What exactly are they translating into these various languages?   I have to believe that the bible is already translated into a huge number of languages since contrary to John and his ilk's beliefs there are Christians everywhere.

Do they not have bibles in the languages spoken in Africa already?

(Obviously, I realize they aren't translating the entire bible)

Tracts are little pamphlets. Some have cartoons on them with a story or some just tell you that you're going to hell.  Supposedly they convert people. I have yet to meet anyone influenced by them. 

44 minutes ago, EmiGirl said:

Tracts are little pamphlets. Some have cartoons on them with a story or some just tell you that you're going to hell.  

John's are the latter. 

I worked in Katy for five years. It's a MESS out there...the place where I worked is okay; but literally a half-mile away, it's flooded pretty bad. Hope Rick and Jodi are okay.

I then spent six years living in the Clear Lake area (right on the water), and the flooding there is crazy bad. If I still lived there, both our cars would be dead.

@BecauseScience, how is it where you are? You okay?

What is it with him?? I really can't wrap my head around the fact that he is soo soo full of himself (and full of shit, obviously).

In his latest post he really tries to create some tension, tells people that "this is the day" and asks for prayers and then you keep on reading what kind of drama might have occurred this time in Zambia and you read "Family Picture Day". F*cking picture day in the Shrader household. while half of his home state is drowning in a biblical flood, his family pictures are what you should be praying for.

Wow. It's 9:23am and I feel like I need a drink.

5 hours ago, EmiGirl said:

Tracts are little pamphlets. Some have cartoons on them with a story or some just tell you that you're going to hell.  Supposedly they convert people. I have yet to meet anyone influenced by them. 

I've heard that the tracts make a passable substitute for toilet paper.

6 hours ago, EmiGirl said:

But isn't that how David Rodrigues came to find the lord (in the gospel according to Jill)?  :pb_rollseyes:
He was handed a tract at the mall as a teen.

13 hours ago, Howl said:

That is EXACTLY what I was thinking.  Even if you're not fluent, shouldn't he know what the dominant language of the country is?  Just more skillful work by Sub-Saharan Africa's Greatest Missionary!

13 minutes ago, KnittingOwl said:

That is EXACTLY what I was thinking.  Even if you're not fluent, shouldn't he know what the dominant language of the country is?  Just more skillful work by Sub-Saharan Africa's Greatest Missionary!

Poor John--it's so readily apparent that he doesn't know his butt from a hole in the ground.

Poor Esther, and poor kids.

4 hours ago, ophelia said:

Wow. It's 9:23am and I feel like I need a drink.

John does that to you.  Here's the full text of John's latest drama for posterity.

Well prayer warriors, those of you who truly lift us up, if any are still awake or up in other parts of the world...

Today's the day.

That's right.

And we're requesting prayer please.

It's urgent, people!

Family Picture day!

Our prayer card has been missing Isaiah, who is now 15 months! Our last family picture was right at two years ago! It's time!

Shocking.  We have many pictures and much video of John himself, but the last baby has definitely been MIA.

We would really appreciate your prayers that the Lord helps us in this adventure.

• Travel to the Zambian Capitol of Lusaka with all 12.5 of us (don't forget baby #11 coming in December!)
• Happy hearts! 
• A decent picture with everybody looking the same direction! (Smiling would be a Bonus!)
• A photographer that actually cares how the picture looks! (Options are, as you can imagine, rather sparse and limited)

John is whining again.  Let's see:

•  Two hour car ride in the Troupie to Lusaka with all the kids.  Apparently the family is so big now John finds this concept crisis-worthy.  And, no, we haven't forgotten that John has impregnated Esther yet again.  Forgive us for not jumping for joy.
  • I think happy kids not squabbling in the car and getting told off by John would be good.
  • Try photoshop you twit.
  • Life is so hard in Zambia - no photographers meet John's standards.   If John had friends one of them could take a nice picture.  And I should think any professional photographer needs combat pay to deal with John and family.

Those with large families can emphasize.

I'd like to emphasize the need for birth control or, even better, getting John snipped.

Oh, perhaps he means empathize.

New prayer cards, fridge magnets, and bookmarks coming in the next few months for our supporters as I am able to get them made, ordered, and our dear friend help us to ship to your churches.

Oh, please.  You can keep all that kitsch, Johnny.  Tracts are so much more important.  I can't imagine a fridge magnet with your grinning mug on it decorating my fridge.  Why is even getting cards and bookmarks made such a huge undertaking - don't you have all those printers.  And why do you need yet another "dear friend" to help.  Oh, silly me, dear friend is the one who has to pay for the shipping of all the kitsch.

Your prayer is VITALLY and CRITICALLY important.

You truly cannot imagine just how much.

Thanks dear friends.

Praying for John and family to get a nice photo is far more VITALLY and CRITICALLY important than praying for the people still affected by Harvey.  Got it.

Came to post about John's latest prayer request :pb_rollseyes: Can you imagine how much of other people's money this is going to take? Just for another opportunity to misappropriate Zambian culture and spread alternative facts to his followers.

And really, why do this now knowing that they'll have another baby in like 3 months? Just to have an excuse to do more family photos next year?

59 minutes ago, slickcat79 said:

And really, why do this now knowing that they'll have another baby in like 3 months? Just to have an excuse to do more family photos next year?

That was my thought. Doesn't make much sense to complain about not having the latest kid in the picture yet also head out to do new pictures when you're about to be adding another into the mix. 

Tracts according to fundies:

Step one: Print tracts.

Step two: Give tracts to people.

Step three: ?????

Step four: Profit.  Salvation! 

@slickcat79 & @clearingthingsup - How else will everyone know what a fertile, manly stud John is if Esther isn't obviously pregnant in the photos? The new baby will just have to wait a year & a half or so to be included. After all, everyone knows a fetus is more important than kids who've already been born.

I suspect that John is heading for another low. This is Esther's way of preventing the low happening? Take him out, feed him fast food, have a photographer fawn all over him because of his huge family (he will need to ensure payment after all!!!) boost John's ego enough to prevent/delay the low. 

Having their photo taken lets the forgotten children shine for a day. Daddy Shrader has possibly requested a new family group to display at tri-county church to keep the leghumpers interested. Donations will slow now due to flooding. Sadly the leghumpers all have real worries in their lives now, and will have for a while. Greedy money-sucking John boy should be the last thing on their minds at present.  Daddy Shrader has to find ways of keeping his limpet son relevant.

9 hours ago, Gobsmacked said:

John really is a gross limpet stuck on the stones of Zambia, and the world.

I'm afraid that you are understating, and maligning innocent limpets to boot.

No, John is a pustule on the arse of the universe.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived