IGNORED

John Shrader 13: Is the End Near? (In Kafue?)

Coconut Flan

13 hours ago, formergothardite said:

Oh yes, he stood on the grave mound waving his Bible living out his missionary fantasy.

Reveal hidden contents

whitesavior1.thumb.jpg.75bc6ed88fb33bc043a67e422fe71d6e.jpg

Haha I called it!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, SuchABlessing said:

How disrespectful to the family of the deceased to barge in and take over the funeral like that. How egocentric to paint himself as the chief mourner. It's so enraging I can't even begin to articulate what I think of this fools audacity and white savior complex...

Best friend? John knew him for ONE MONTH. 

It's enraging me. I bet all those mourners were sitting around going who the frick is this guy, why is he running the funeral and taking  pictures and why is he crying so much? 

11 hours ago, SuchABlessing said:

How disrespectful to the family of the deceased to barge in and take over the funeral like that. How egocentric to paint himself as the chief mourner. It's so enraging I can't even begin to articulate what I think of this fools audacity and white savior complex...

I agree, and wonder who the actual photographer was?  Did John take one of his children for the purpose, or does he have a new best friend he enlisted?  Inquiring minds...

I see Bro. Shrader now has music to accompany his well-crafted hymn (on Facebook).  If anyone is musical, maybe you could let us know if it's a catchy tune.

1 hour ago, CTRLZero said:

I agree, and wonder who the actual photographer was?  Did John take one of his children for the purpose, or does he have a new best friend he enlisted?  Inquiring minds...

This was my thought too. I can picture him coaching the photographer: "OK, I'm going to kneel by the grave looking sad. Make sure the picture includes me and the coffin with the rose on top." He also has a pic of him with each of the dead man's children, gotta use them as props to show how wonderful John is, comforting the little orphans.

7 minutes ago, snickerz said:

He also has a pic of him with each of the dead man's children, gotta use them as props to show how wonderful John is, comforting the little orphans.

Wow. This REALLY BOTHERS ME. 

Who does that!?!!!?!??! 

:5624797b0697e_headbash:

My mother does this sort of thing - an acquaintance or work colleague or someone she knew in the past dies, or gets cancer, or achieves something special, and all of a sudden they've always been her best friend, even though she's never mentioned them before.  It's that kind of person who can re-write history, and really, truly believes that she's never thought anything different, even though last week she was completely convinced it was the opposite.  I think it's wanting that hit of emotions, enjoying the highs and the lows. 

These people are incredibly hard to deal with, but especially when someone dies.  One of my very dear family friends died a few years back - she'd been at college with my mum and met my dad at the same time as her, and knew me since before I was born.  My mum had dropped all contact with her, because she was jealous of my friend's relationship with me, and some other things - but since our friend died, you'd think my mum had been in weekly contact, and they told each other everything.  For sure, my mum knew my friend for 20 years longer than I did, but it still enrages me whenever my mum speaks her name because it's such hypocrisy. 

I'm sure John truly believes that Michael was his best friend, and not someone he'd known for a month - and that as the years go by, he'll transform and transform.  But wow, when Michael's wife and family and friends are grieving, and the wife and kids have to pack up and move, John dramatically wallowing around playing Chief Mourner is bullshit they do not need.

I can't even imagine going to a funeral and asking someone to take a picture of me kneeling by the casket in the grave. So disrespectful.

3 hours ago, SoybeanQueen said:

I can't even imagine going to a funeral and asking someone to take a picture of me kneeling by the casket in the grave. So disrespectful.

John doesn't know the meaning of the word disrespectful. He doesn't know many words such as empathy, sympathy, friend .......

He does know grift, ego and big and greedy.

I am cringing just looking at the photo of him up thread.  Such a pretentious, pompous, bloviating ass; clearly enchanted with his own BS, patting himself on the back.  I'm sure he's busy telling everyone that they are going to hell unless they convert to his right kind of Christianity.  

John really ought to shack up with Jill Rodrigues. He's just about surpassed her in terms of pure crassness and shamelessness.

They really should shack up.  However, I disagree somewhat.  

Jill is probably way behind John Shrader in terms of crassness, shamelessness, and destructiveness.  And John surpassed Jill long ago on successful grifting, delusion, and exploitation.

John preys on vulnerable people in Africa.  Jill merely shills her MLM crap to idiots in the US.

John exploited his sister's death to the max.  Jill exploited her sister's paralysis.

I'm still reeling at John's latest funeral antics.  Classic John.  He has absolutely no shame.

Jill would learn a whole lot from John and the two of them together would be a shameless terror that the world does not need to know. 

John probably made a huge cultural snafu here too. Funerals are a money giving occasion here. If someone close to you has died or even someone close to someone you are close to you are expected to send a donation of money to help pay for he funeral. 

Something tells me that if John had made a donation we all would have heard about it. 

1 hour ago, subsaharanafrica said:

John probably made a huge cultural snafu here too. Funerals are a money giving occasion here. If someone close to you has died or even someone close to someone you are close to you are expected to send a donation of money to help pay for he funeral. 

Something tells me that if John had made a donation we all would have heard about it. 

You give him too much credit - I can imagine him offering to manage the collection, and then keeping at least half because [ETA he'll claim] it's what his "best friend" Michael told him he wanted on his deathbed.  After all, he did collect money in memory of his estranged (?) sister after she died, and use it for himself, rather than to support her grieving daughters.

I often default to thinking of John (and snarking on him) as a clueless, hapless missionary, in a buffoonish kind of way.  In reality, the guy has a mean streak that manifests as an inability to be generous to anyone, on an emotional, spiritual or material level.  I'm guessing he can be superficially charming to bring people in, but can't maintain the charade for long. 

4 minutes ago, SPHASH said:

John's from the Houston area isn't he?  Shame on him for not mentioning Harvey.

John's dad's church is in Katy, TX  (elevation 141'),  a small town on the interstate 30 miles due west of downtown Houston, and being encroached on by relentless suburban sprawl.  Katy had a tornado a few days ago; they've already been soaked and have a minimum of 20" of additional rain forecast over the next three to four days. Katy is flat, flat, flat, cotton field country (maybe rice) with not much opportunity for run off.   A quick check of google maps shows Rick Shrader's church on the west edge of Katy, abutting farm fields, with a small dry creek and some woods to the immediate south.  To clarify for y'all who live in parts of the country where a creek is more like a Texas river (I'm talking about you, Maine), the little creek is likely a small, shallow drainage that runs only when it rains.

2 hours ago, Howl said:

I often default to thinking of John (and snarking on him) as a clueless, hapless missionary, in a buffoonish kind of way.  In reality, the guy has a mean streak that manifests as an inability to be generous to anyone, on an emotional, spiritual or material level.  I'm guessing he can be superficially charming to bring people in, but can't maintain the charade for long. 

John is like an interesting  looking parcel on Christmas morning-full of interest and possible future fun-but once the wrapping paper is opened , he is a total disappointment.

5 hours ago, subsaharanafrica said:

Where is it that you live?

18 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

John really ought to shack up with Jill Rodrigues. He's just about surpassed her in terms of pure crassness and shamelessness.

I think Jill and Jimbob are cut from the same cloth. 

19 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

I'm still reeling at John's latest funeral antics.  Classic John.  He has absolutely no shame.

How about "classic, class-less John?"   He really ought to calculate how many people he has brought away from the Lord instead of to Him.

2 hours ago, SuchABlessing said:

Funerals are a money giving occasion here. If someone close to you has died or even someone close to someone you are close to you are expected to send a donation of money to help pay for he funeral. 

And there, friends, is why John must be at the (or any) funeral.  $$$ is the only talk that John will listen to.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived