IGNORED

John Shrader 13: Is the End Near? (In Kafue?)

Coconut Flan

15 hours ago, formergothardite said:

It really is racist especially since people like John live on handouts. He keeps saying that he is teaching them to fish instead of giving them fish, yet John is continually given million dollar fish. In their minds he deserves this because he is a white Christian American going to Africa to make them more white Christian American. If any of the Zambians received stuff like John does, John would be bashing them as being lazy. 

Ding ding ding. $20 says he doesn't talk about the white Zambians the same way. 

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

John posted a video of someone flying and wrote this:

Maybe one day here in Zambia? He's gotta be flying into a pretty good head head wind with a STOL that must have an incredibly low stalling speed, right?

Really neat that someone caught in on cam!

Man, I miss flying!

Please continue praying with us about this, Lord willing, future part of our ministry.

I hope he never, ever gets to fly again. 

On ‎9‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 8:40 AM, Lurky said:

OK, another Q, because I can't quite understand John - but when he says he's preaching for 3 hours etc... that's in English, right?  He was relying on the men he's fallen out with to preach in Zambian languages?   I don't understand!  How's this all supposed to work?

Weeellll, like all things John, nothing really works.  It just sounds good.

Another missionary family in Zambia came to visit the Shraders, and shared that their mission is going a helluva lot better than John's is. Also, John's children were very blessed to have the rare fellowship of white children.

2 hours ago, snickerz said:

Another missionary family in Zambia came to visit the Shraders, and shared that their mission is going a helluva lot better than John's is. Also, John's children were very blessed to have the rare fellowship of white children.

Details?

John's public FB says:

Want to thank the Lord for sending some fellow missionaries our way the past few days. Damon and Lisa Matacchiera and their children had to make the long drive from Eastern Province to come to Lusaka, and they were kind enough to come visit our family and Church plant here in Kafue on Sunday.

Bro. Damon shared the unbelievably incredible and wonderful testimony of what God is doing in the village they are ministering in.

His message was also such a blessing.

He's a second generation missionary who personally has spent more than 17 years here in Zambia! As a family they've been here more than 11 years!

The testimony of what God is doing in their village is so moving. Amazing.

It was a blessing for our church members to hear what God is doing there in the Eastern Province of Zambia.

Our children were also very blessed to have the rare fellowship of their children.

God is working here in Zambia. Though we are going through a difficult time in our ministry right now, we rejoice to hear of an entire village being opened to the Gospel, the salvation of the Headman there and other leaders, and even those leaders working with other men in that village to make 50,000 mud bricks by hand, and working together to build their own building.

I'm also happy to report that their little Tony is recovering from his illness.

To God be the Glory alone,

Bro. John Shrader

Zambia

On 9/10/2017 at 5:50 PM, Palimpsest said:

Handia was much faster at the sussing out John, but Handia is a well educated lad with a functional family.  Handia was not orphaned by the civil war in Burundi.

Handia has helped to spread the word.  That is partly why John is now preying on rural villages.

Praise Rufus for Handia!

Was it Arcade who turned down a job opportunity to stay with John? I have a hard time keeping of names. 

On 9/7/2017 at 11:09 AM, Lurky said:

Genuinely can't understand why missionaries don't learn "the local language" before they head out to their mission field (as part of the planning/preparation process!  ha! Who am I kidding?) - but even if that's not possible, how is it not number 1 priority when they get there?

Most reputable missionary agencies do, in fact, require this for their long term missionaries. It's certainly a priority in my church's mission branch. Even those who are only going on short term trips, couple of weeks maximum, are encouraged to at least learn a few words, and learn about the culture you're going to so that you don't make too many faux pas.

I note that John says "and even those leaders working with other men" because Rufus forbid that John gets his hands dirty helping the men of the villages he is Preying in. 

John keeps talking about "attacks by Satan". I think Satan won that war a while ago, and is now completely in charge of John's "mission" - because I really can't see God having any time for him at all :angry-devil:

1 hour ago, sawasdee said:

John keeps talking about "attacks by Satan". I think Satan won that war a while ago, and is now completely in charge of John's "mission" - because I really can't see God having any time for him at all :angry-devil:

Totally. John has been Satans favourite play-thing for a good while now. Satans having grand fun. He probably reads here!!

9 hours ago, KnittingOwl said:

Praise Rufus for Handia!

Was it Arcade who turned down a job opportunity to stay with John? I have a hard time keeping of names. 

That was Roderick. He would've been making the equivalent of 400 USD a month which is leaps and bounds above the average income.  I've also heard from another reputable source who would rather go unnamed that John told him he could have about 80 USD a month for full time ministry (through the chicken business I think) and then when it fell through and Roderick couldn't find work because of an economy downturn John pretty much left him high & dry & refused to help him. 

16 hours ago, snickerz said:

I'm glad their little boy is recovering well.  And wasn't it only yesterday that I wondered whether the Shraderlings ever had contact with other missionary children.

I'm sure John is reading here because he just tried to explain Works and Grace to us.  He thinks the following quote  is "Brilliant."  

Someone once asked Dr. H. A. Ironside, “There are hundreds of religions in this country, and the followers of each sect think they’re right. How can people like us find out what really is the truth?” Ironside responded, “Did I hear you say there are hundreds of religions? That’s strange; I’ve heard of only two. There are many shades of differences in the first, but they all expect salvation by doing. The other group is all who have been saved by something already done for them.”

Ok, then.  So you can be a complete shit like John who does no good works at all and still be saved.  Because Jesus did it for you.

Now how about explaining why people who think baptism actually means they are saved by something already done for them are wrong, Johnny dear.  

9 hours ago, KnittingOwl said:

Yes, that was Roderick.  I made myself a cheat sheet posted it on a previous thread.  It was definitely a few months ago - and was pre-Michael (who missed the fires of burning hell by 41 days.)

I am pleased to report that my cheat sheet is now completely out of date.  With the sole exception of Bro.  Phellion, every single male John has mentioned by name is now at odds with him.

I don't know how the women are faring.  John doesn't care about them so we have no idea whether Eugene divorced Precious.

ETA @clearingthingsup, I do wish some of John's former converts would visit - or speak out publicly on FB.  I can understand why they need to be careful though.

John has not followed through with giving Roderick the 80 a month at all in the last year. He would occasionally give Roderick & Jacqueline some money here and there for food but he has given them NOTHING since March of this year. And he's told Roderick he's not trusting God enough and he needs to spend his money more wisely. Because apparently buying even *any* meat for your family is completely uncalled for. It's bare bones for the Nationals but white savior John can have all the beef jerky he wants. 

5 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

ETA @clearingthingsup, I do wish some of John's former converts would visit - or speak out publicly on FB.  I can understand why they need to be careful though.

John is the type of guy who once you *truly* know him, you're scared of what he would do to you. He has threatened, manipulated, and blackmailed in the past. It's a scary situation for his "former converts" especially if his good word has given then jobs or helped them find homes to rent. He can take away those things at the drop of a hat & I'm sure he would if made angry enough. 

28 minutes ago, clearingthingsup said:

He has threatened, manipulated, and blackmailed in the past. It's a scary situation for his "former converts" especially if his good word has given then jobs or helped them find homes to rent. He can take away those things at the drop of a hat & I'm sure he would if made angry enough. 

He is evil.  And people who cross him can see how he publicly trashed Arcade and Jolis, as well as reporting poor Roderick to the police.

I suppose Handia could speak out more freely because he is in a safer place with his education and study in Russia.

So here's the thing about Salvation by Grace, John - why does that mean it's OK to do NO Works at all?  Even if the only way to heaven is through Grace, why is it bad to follow Jesus' example and feed the hungry, heal the sick, clothe the desperate etc, not to get to heaven, but because it's the right thing to do?

John's is such a legalistic viewpoint:  the rule is salvation by Grace, so there's no need to do anything else!  It makes his version of Christianity seem such a selfish religion - "I'm alright Jack" on one hand, and on the other, who cares if people are suffering, they'll be going to heaven because they believe the right thing, and that's all they need!

(And then, while the likes of John and his followers never need to lift a finger to help other people, John expects to be given vehicles, planes, printers etc - and his version of God listens to his prayers to get a good photograph taken (!!) but not the prayers of people who are the right kind of Christian, but who are starving, or who have lost everything in Hurricane Irma...)

I'm getting incoherent with rage again.

The way this pillock treats good, trusting and devout people is contrary to EVERYTHING taught in the NT - both in the Gospels and the Epistles. He is betraying them at every turn. 

He sits in his nice house, with his ice machine and fleet of vehicles, while, by dissuading them from jobs which would remove them from his orbit, he reduces his "followers" to poverty. To promise an income to Roderick, and then renege, is despicable - and a new low even for John.

There is no Grace there, John. And certainly no Works. You say you are saved, but betray the principles of your faith in almost every action. That, John, is not saved - that's damned.

I used to come to this thread to giggle at his ineptitude, but now I am truly angry with the cavalier way he interferes with, and in some cases destroys, the lives of others.

His overweening arrogance and entitlement make me gag. And I am equally angry with his father for enabling him.

STOP, John. Go home. You are not only damaging individuals, but the reputation of your sect in Zambia. Can his father not see this? Cannot other missionaries? If his Zambian sponsors withdrew their approval, he would HAVE to go home.

Well said Sawasdee. John has always given me the creeps. Looking at his earlier photos made the hairs on my neck stand up. There is something about his eyes. Smiling but blank. If that makes sense?

Daddy Shrader is either blind to John, or of the same ilk. He must terrify his sheeple into giving John money. Not sure how - perhaps he terrifies them with pictures of Hell fire. 

As I mentioned earlier, John really is the perfect play-thing for Satan. Just ripe for the picking. For Satans harvest that is.

10 minutes ago, Gobsmacked said:

There is something about his eyes. Smiling but blank. If that makes sense?

There IS nothing there. No faith, no Grace, no empathy, no christian 'milk of human kindness'. There is only greed, calculation and machination. Only John matters. Even his wife and children are mostly ignored, unless he can capitalise on them for more funds.

I truly find him one of the most despicable people I have ever encountered, IRL or online.

Talk about an advert for atheism.

Thanks for that eloquent rant @sawasdee.  I'm spluttering with rage too but couldn't find the words.  

I've tried to find the humor in John because he infuriates me so much, but he is getting worse by the day.  And the damage he is doing is enormous.

@Lurky, one  interesting thing is that John was dumped by his original Sending Church over this very debate.  They accused him of preaching Works.  That was all very confusing, because John has always been vehemently Grace, although @clearingthingsup did her best to - clear things up!

She doesn't know everything that happened either, IIRC.

However, in my imagination, the way it went down was:

Sending Church (and Rea):  John, you are behaving like an arrogant boastful prick.  And we just saw you preach Prosperity Gospel.  Naughty boy!

John:  No way.  I'm utterly fabulous!  Look at all my converts.  Look at my plane, my fridge, my Troupie, and all my stuff.  I'm the bestest missionary in the world because God keeps giving me all this stuff.  Rea is still on Deputation, poor sap.

Sending Church (and Rea):  Those are all Works!  You are dumped.

John thinks he is the most incredible Christian in the world because he is called to save people. That is all the "work" that is needed.  He only helps anyone else if he has an ulterior motive and attaches strings.  John giveth and John taketh away.

Because John id doing everything right, God sends him stuff - and when things go wrong it is because Satan always attacks the bestest Christians in the world.

And the donors he has left just lap it up. 

As an atheist I'm going to point out that if there is a God, (S)he has sent plenty of signs to John's followers that he is doing it all wrong.  But they refuse to believe it.

One very strange side effect of John is that I have been a lapsed catholic, and basically agnostic, since I was a teenager. I'm now in my sixties, and I feel this odd protectiveness for the christian faith - I cannot bear to see it perverted so wholesale by John. I want to leap in there and tell his poor followers "This is not true Christianity! Do not believe this corrupt and ignorant man!"

Me, defending christianity? 

Sorry, have to go - need to get a photo of the pigs flying by.

@sawasdee Lifelong atheist here, and I am feeling the same way, protective of my Christian friends who try to follow Jesus' example, not because they think it will save them, but because they love Jesus, and want to be like him, or love other people, and want to make the world a better place.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived