IGNORED

Maxwell 11: Anna Marie Has Conceived - Again

Coconut Flan

On 8/26/2017 at 7:16 PM, albanuadh_1 said:

Well, she was holding the pizza cutter. Hangs head in shame - didn't actually show her using it. Can I still have animal crackers and perhaps some chocolates???

Only half a cracker and you have to give the chocolates to me. :my_biggrin:

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Poor Sarah for the love of God please stop referring to your parents and reversal siblings as immediate family!  Crazy Eyed Nate, Prissy Chris, and Smug Joe and their wives and spawn along with Gigi are your immediate family too.

6 minutes ago, SPHASH said:

Poor Sarah for the love of God please stop referring to your parents and reversal siblings as immediate family!  Crazy Eyed Nate, Prissy Chris, and Smug Joe and their wives and spawn along with Gigi are your immediate family too.

That would make me feel pretty crappy after getting married and suddenly I'm "extended family" like you would refer to a cousin or someone you don't really know. 

So many pictures. I wonder if the "immediate" family gets tired of posing for pictures in the middle of activities. My mom fancies herself a photographer so she is always popping a camera in our faces at family events and it is so annoying!

8 hours ago, SPHASH said:

This manner of speaking sounds like something Stevehovah decided was correct, so now everyone in the family assumes it is. (It's a nitpicky little thing that bothers me--like the time Ex-Mr.-Hane #2 said of my sisters' husbands, "They're YOUR brothers-in-law. They're absolutely NO relation to me." And they'd never done anything wrong to him. Technically what he said may have been true, but it struck me as cold and mean-spirited.)

On 26/08/2017 at 10:27 PM, freejugar said:

Sometimes I like to think the Maxwells are alien visitors trying to understand life on earth. They report their findings on their blog back to their bosses on their home pllanet: how a steak restaurant works, how to get organized using a time table, how to cut lettuce with a pizza cutter, etc..

e.g. "Eating is essential to keep the energy going! " yes Sarah! humans need food! 

Reading the blog with that in mind would make it more entertaining, that's for sure.

1 hour ago, CyborgKin said:

Reading the blog with that in mind would make it more entertaining, that's for sure.

This is *still* more entertaining, though.

792620b7f2d2c24c50525d625b275b3a.jpg

I think Steves head would implode if he watched an episode of that show and thought we were comparing him to... I forgot the characters name. The older guy who taught in the school. I remember he was kinda sexual. It was never directly said, but implied that his "kid" was a stoner (or maybe I just read his idiocy that way, seeing as I was a teen when the show was out)

John Lithgow  was Dr Dick Solomon, the physics prof and  Joseph Gordon-Leavitt was Tommy.  Tommy was actually supposed to be the oldest of the aliens, but he had to pretend to be Dick's son.

On 30/08/2017 at 1:02 AM, SPHASH said:

Who wants to bet Coward Steve is proselytizing in this pic:                 

IMG_3575.jpg

If you're referring to the guy in the red top (not Forgotten Jesse obv) looking at the guy in the cap, I don't think that's Steve.

There's a new post in Sarah's tortured prose about climbing Missouri Mountain. That girl (woman?) should really learn how to write coherently.

What I get from that post is that she felt unwell, didn't go to the top, and hated it so much she counted herself lucky just to keep walking.

Great holiday there!

It seems 'the conversation was really rolling' cause Mom and Dad weren't around. Wonder what they talked about...

"We ate at a restaurant where they literally only serve steak. We also had salad, bread, and potatoes there."

Literally...? Oh dear.

Also, though the views are lovely, hiking until you're sick doesn't sound like much fun to me.

Sarah could insert any hiking picture from the past five years and there would be no difference. Except Joseph would've been part of the immediate family five years ago...

19 hours ago, nomoxian said:

I think Steves head would implode if he watched an episode of that show and thought we were comparing him to... I forgot the characters name. The older guy who taught in the school. I remember he was kinda sexual. It was never directly said, but implied that his "kid" was a stoner (or maybe I just read his idiocy that way, seeing as I was a teen when the show was out)

Dick Solomon played by John Lithgow.  And there was an awful lot of sexual innuendo in the show.

My favorite moments:

19 minutes ago, nomoxian said:

It seems 'the conversation was really rolling' cause Dad and Mom and Dad weren't around. Wonder what they talked about...

FTFY.  I find the Dad and Mom stuff just as annoying as immediate vs extended family.

Perhaps they talked about Sarah's plans to run away with Ellie.  Yeah, I know.  Wishful thinking.

13 minutes ago, VodouDoll said:

Also, though the views are lovely, hiking until you're sick doesn't sound like much fun to me.

Getting up at 3:00 am to hike up a mountain in the dark doesn't sound much fun to me even without the altitude sickness.  Altitude sickness really isn't pleasant.

Also all that bunkum about the boys "coaching" the "girls" and planning the routes for them is very annoying.  Talk about learned helplessness in the Maxwell women.  They couldn't figure their way out of a paper bag apparently.

Mary, Anna AND Jesse are ALL wearing plaid. It's catching. Although they do appear to take them off for the descent.

I've emailed Curious my Maxwell summary so hopefully that'll appear soon. 

4 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

FTFY.  I find the Dad and Mom stuff just as annoying as immediate vs extended family.

How could I have placed "mom" in front of The Father?! Forgive me Stevehova!!

12 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

Also all that bunkum about the boys "coaching" the "girls" and planning the routes for them is very annoying.  Talk about learned helplessness in the Maxwell women.  They couldn't figure their way out of a paper bag apparently.

Everyone knows that men are the ones who always get lost and never stop to ask for directions :P  Or so the stereotypes say.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived