IGNORED

Maxwell 11: Anna Marie Has Conceived - Again

Coconut Flan

Do we think the Maxwells will mention the big three couple wedding they are attending this weekend? Or will they not say a word in weird Maxwell fashion?

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Do we think the Maxwells will mention the big three couple wedding they are attending this weekend? Or will they not say a word in weird Maxwell fashion?

I'm sure they will have something more interesting to post, such as, how dusty their living room fans got while they were on what some might call a vacation.

I'm going to bet that they don't mention the wedding.  

Sarah is really slacking.  We haven't had the obligatory chipmunk feeding photo yet.  We are also still waiting on tenterhooks to find out what Steve and Teri were doing while the siblings were having such a sweet time hiking Mount Missouri.

I doubt it was having sweet fellowship.  Converting someone or finishing off another book perhaps.

2 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

I doubt it was having sweet fellowship.  Converting someone or finishing off another book perhaps.

They scheduled 15 minutes for each activity! Then spent their remaining time feeling smug about how "productive" they were. 

On 9/1/2017 at 10:43 PM, nomoxian said:

It seems 'the conversation was really rolling' cause Mom and Dad weren't around. Wonder what they talked about...

Escape, hopefully. 

On 9/1/2017 at 11:12 PM, Palimpsest said:

Perhaps they talked about Sarah's plans to run away with Ellie.  Yeah, I know.  Wishful thinking.

Getting up at 3:00 am to hike up a mountain in the dark doesn't sound much fun to me even without the altitude sickness.  Altitude sickness really isn't pleasant.

Also all that bunkum about the boys "coaching" the "girls" and planning the routes for them is very annoying.  Talk about learned helplessness in the Maxwell women.  They couldn't figure their way out of a paper bag apparently.

Great minds... run away Sarah! Please!!

Eh, I like hiking so that would be fine - but watching out for altitude sickness and reacting appropriately is kind of important. 

Learned and taught helplessness - and of course they can't possibly undermine frail male egos by being more competent at something. Steve is such a fragile little snowflake really.

New post up celebrating 11 years blogging.  Poor Sarah asks for ideas for the blog.  How about getting a Pulitzer Prize winning writer.

4 hours ago, SPHASH said:

New post up celebrating 11 years blogging.  Poor Sarah asks for ideas for the blog.  How about getting a Pulitzer Prize winning writer.

"We’d love to hear from you in the comment section as to topics and ideas you want to see covered in the future."

Oh, the possibilities...

43 minutes ago, scoutsadie said:

Oh, the possibilities...

in reality, an honest look at what the holy heck they do all day might be good.  I'd also like a good look at their finances and hope the "girls" have money in their own names and can control their funds.

In my dreams, let's hear about their escape plans:

• Sarah's off to an atelier in Paris (with Ellie) ... she wants finally to learn how to write.
  • John's plans to turn his  irrigation "missions" (or whatever) into a real career in the business and how he is going to manage it.
  • Jesse's plan to wed one of the 7 farmgirl sisters, who will teach him to laugh and have FUN.
  • Anna's wanting a courtship - with an Arndt.  They both desire escape from their families.
  • Mary's secret plan to say FU to Steve, run away, and learn how to be a master plumber.

Yeah, in my dreams.

Most people in the comments have either gone "I love your blog it's so inspiring!" or requested days-in-the-life of Sarah and Teri. 

I just want more posts about cleaning. With loads of pictures. Uriah, windows, the refrigerator, whatever - it doesn't matter. I just need more cleaning.

4 hours ago, Foudeb said:

im tempted to ask them how the "girls" (women) go about finding husbands... that may not go down well though. 

Dooooo it! I would, but I'm too lazy to make a new email address for the sole purpose of posting on their board. Most of my email address names aren't Kosher (or Christian) and I'm not about to give them my professional/work email. Why do they require that anyways? So they can spam you - or stalk you!?

I was just thinking about where I was 11 years ago when the Titus blog first came out. I was about to finish University. I lived unmarried with someone in the Gaybourhood. I had a job where I often worked nights and would bike home in the dark all alone. I drank too much booze and smoked too much weed. I was stressed but I had FUN.

What have any of their "kids" done, either then or now?

On 9/2/2017 at 8:17 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I would love at least a vague reference to the "sweet B families"

2 hours ago, nomoxian said:

Most of my email address names aren't Kosher (or Christian) and I'm not about to give them my professional/work email. Why do they require that anyways? So they can spam you - or stalk you!?

I wonder if they respond, especially if they feel the need to call posters out on their heretical views. I can't see Steve allowing certain comments to just slide by without a snide, passive-aggressive response.

I'd love to leave a provocative comment with a completely fake email address.

It delights me to picture him, red-faced, perhaps with a throbbing vein over his right eye, angrily tapping the keyboard late into night as he composes a scathing, yet biblically sound reply, designed to put the blasphemous poster on blast. He hits "send", a feeling of righteous peace descends upon his soul. Then...ping! A message from the mailer-daemon: Your message cannot be delivered as addressed.

Yasssssss.

I wonder if they were proactive and sent anything to the poor unwashed and unsaved in Houston? There must be clothes and supply drives in the corner of KS? Or will they just pray for their souls and let God do what God will do?

My atheist husband keeps asking me how a loving God can let such damage happen to Houston or any other city? I am tired of answering his questions (and right now he's on the biggest shit list I have). 

Sarah said in a comment that they were praying for those in Texas. This is the Maxwells we're on about, they're not gonna do anything practical. 

18 hours ago, Corntree said:

I just want more posts about cleaning. With loads of pictures. Uriah, windows, the refrigerator, whatever - it doesn't matter. I just need more cleaning.

Please.....take a seat and a deep breath: Uriah is gone. Sold. Driven west for the last time.

I want more recipes! They've just been to Colorado, so how about some green and red chili sauces?

4 hours ago, MamaJunebug said:

Please.....take a seat and a deep breath: Uriah is gone. Sold. Driven west for the last time.

Ha. After I made that comment, I did start to wonder if they even still owned Uriah. They don't really need it anymore. Thank God they made all those posts about washing and fixing Uriah. We'll always have the memories. (Honestly, the posts about repairing Uriah were more interesting than multiple pictures of Maxwells scrubbing bus windows.)

On 9/4/2017 at 2:16 PM, mango_fandango said:

Most people in the comments have either gone "I love your blog it's so inspiring!" or requested days-in-the-life of Sarah and Teri. 

Really?! Dear God, I thought I needed to get more of a life. ;)

I would like all the kidults to answer questions like:

1. What are your dreams for the future?

2. Where would you like to travel to and why?

3. If you could work as anything, what would you choose?

4. What animal best describes you?

(Hey if I can get asked dumb questions in interview role plays I can ask them, right? ;) )

Teri really needs to stop making time-management blogs. 4 weeks to sew on a button! She really shows how well her 'skill' is working, NOT!.

( latest post).

5 minutes ago, albanuadh_1 said:

Teri really needs to stop making time-management blogs. 4 weeks to sew on a button! She really shows how well her 'skill' is working, NOT!.

( latest post).

Oh my goodness!  I thought maybe you were joking, but no, four weeks to sew on a button! 

And a post plus several pictures about how you have to put things like that on your to do list (and she still didn't do it!) and "gather your supplies" (and spells out exactly what supplies you need to sew on a friggin' button!).

Teri needs to get a copy of this time management book I've heard about where you break up your day into really rigid 30 minute increments.

Good grief!  This is almost as ridiculous as sprinkling cayenne instead of cinnamon on pies. Did this actually happen or is this just a Teri analogy?  Either way it makes her look like an idiot.   Disorganization and procrastination - that is Teri.

Here is a case in point. Several weeks ago, I discovered a button on the floor that had come off my sweater. I put the button on a shelf where it wouldn’t get lost. Four weeks later, I still hadn’t sewed the button on the sweater. Then I wrote “mending sweater” on my to-do list. Still, I didn’t do the project because I didn’t have the necessary supplies gathered—needle, thread, scissors, button, and sweater to make it a quick, simple project.

One day I simply collected the supplies with no plans to actually do it. Within 24 hours, however, because I had everything to sew the button on, I completed my project. I like that level of time management much better than that nagging feeling accompanying procrastination.

Dear Teri,

Four weeks to sew on a button.  That is disgraceful.  My late Granny would have called you idle and slothful.  Her generation believed in Make Do and Mend - and that is the way I was brought up too.

I never have to "gather supplies" because I have them all ready for use.  Simple.

For my 8th birthday I was given a sewing basket, lovingly put together by my mother.  It contained needles (in a cute little homemade needle book), pins, an assortment of thread in different colors, a lovely little pair of stork scissors, a thimble and various other little odds and ends.  From then on I was expected to sew on my own buttons and do most of my own mending.  In a timely fashion - meaning as soon as possible after I noticed a garment was damaged. 

Of course, in my teenage years that sewing basket also came in very useful for (illicitly) gradually shortening all my skirts because my Dad (and Mom) disapproved of mini skirts.  It disappeared long ago as my sewing supplies increased beyond its capacity.  I still have the thimble and scissors, however.  

My sewing supplies are still all organized.  I also keep a tiny little kit in my purse for emergencies. That one was a freebie from a hotel.

Teri is nuts.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived