IGNORED

Maxwell 11: Anna Marie Has Conceived - Again

Coconut Flan

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll never forget how flabbergasted I was when they announced their new book, Making Great Conversationalists. On a self-awareness scale of 1-10 they're at like a negative 14.

Anyone know how to send a word document? Seems you can only attach jpegs/pngs/images to messages (not including PDFs). Copying and pasting the entire thing seems a bit much. I may also include images as VelociRapture did with her summaries. We could all do with a good old trip down memory lane seeing all those matching frumpers of yore. 

Right. Saved document as a PDF then converted it to a JPG. I've also (finally) figured out how to do a spoiler. I'll see about making the summary into a thread. I just hope the jpgs are readable enough! 

A highlight was having the same waitress we had last year and greatly enjoyed, and she’s a believer.

That kind of makes it sound like they ate their waitress. 

11 minutes ago, albanuadh_1 said:

August 8, 2013. Picture of Sarah cutting lettuce with a pizza cutter! What do I win??

THREE animal crackers!!!!

9 minutes ago, albanuadh_1 said:

August 8, 2013. Picture of Sarah cutting lettuce with a pizza cutter! What do I win??

But HOW was she doing it? 

Well, she was holding the pizza cutter. Hangs head in shame - didn't actually show her using it. Can I still have animal crackers and perhaps some chocolates???

Going on what someone said about hats... everyone's faces look pretty red. Is suncream not Godly in some way?

16 hours ago, freejugar said:

Sometimes I like to think the Maxwells are alien visitors trying to understand life on earth. They report their findings on their blog back to their bosses on their home pllanet: how a steak restaurant works, how to get organized using a time table, how to cut lettuce with a pizza cutter, etc..

So...like Mork, basically. :pb_lol: With God as Orson.

[imagines Steve ending prayers not with "Amen" but "Nanu nanu"]

Do they normally mention ages on birthdays? Because they're kinda making a big deal that it's Mary's 21st birthday. What does a 21st birthday even mean in Maxwell land?

and has it really been 3 years since she graduated?  Doesn't seem like that long. 

@Odd1Out, i believe Mary graduated at least one year late so Teri could say she homeschooled for thirty years; this happened after earlier posts saying that Mary had been on track to finish about a year early.   

it occurred to Mr.CatLady this morning that we had Maxwell Muffins for the third Sunday in a row.  i fear we are making an idol of Sarah's muffins.  

speaking of idols, are the Maxwells making an idol of 14ers?  granted, Steve probably said they need to climb them so that they can be closer to God, but are they worshiping God or idolizing the mountains?  maybe Stevie can clarify that then they get home.

This little bit really tugged at my heart and made me admire Sarah. I feel like this is something a mother would do - give extra treats on birthdays. It just really brings to light that Sarah sees "the girls" more as her children and she really must have played a huge part in raising them. 

Personal note: I am letting my own experience shape my thinking, I know. I can think of several times my siblings and I stepped in and did for one another the littles things a mother should have done. 

Anyway, I thought this was really sweet for Sarah to do and it goes a lot deeper than giving her sister some chocolates, in my opinion. 

IMG_8226.PNG

On 8/26/2017 at 3:27 PM, LurkerOverThePond said:

THREE animal crackers!!!!

Three? The Maxwells  are such gluttons.

On 8/26/2017 at 7:27 AM, freejugar said:

"Eating is essential to keep the energy going! " yes Sarah! humans need food! 

Oh! The heavens open and I understand!

The Maxwells love going to Colorado and hiking because it is the only time they can actually satisfy their hunger! 

SteveTeri can't restrict them to a few animal crackers or an eight-ounce green smoothie and one bean burrito! 

It all makes perfect sense.  Party on, Poor Sarah & The Girls! Enjoy it while you can.  

On ‎8‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 1:29 PM, usmcmom said:

This little bit really tugged at my heart and made me admire Sarah. I feel like this is something a mother would do - give extra treats on birthdays. It just really brings to light that Sarah sees "the girls" more as her children and she really must have played a huge part in raising them. 

I hadn't thought about it like this, but suspect you're right. Which makes me wonder if maybe any sadness that those young women feel about not having their own children is compounded by sadness for their sisters not being moms, too. Gah.

More Colorado pics are up.  I wonder if any of the kidults ever want to skip the hiking and just chill out in the cabin and do nothing?  Or even just sit in the fresh air and relax.  Are they allowed to do that or does Stevehovah order/guilt them into going?

16 hours ago, onekidanddone said:

Three? The Maxwells  are such gluttons.

We have often talked about the Maxwell's eating patterns over the years, the one animal cracker, the neighbours ladies fellowship when the fellowshipers were given one strawberry each, the meatless burritos. Though with Stevie reading here he has often then posted a Maxwell 'party' where food is more plentiful - Hi Stevie!

But its Stud John that is interesting. He weight trains (or did) with his brothers and as a personal trainer and I train with weights, I was impressed with their equipment in their dungeon basement and the type of training they are doing: dead lifts, squats etc. These compound exercises require a high level of healthy nutrition pre and post workout. We will never see John topless or in a muscle t-shirt, but even in his ill fitted tops (I bet Stevie makes them wear a size one-too-big) he never appeared ripped and often with a bit of a tummy. My point is that their diet (a weekly scheduled menu was blogged a while back) would not be adequate for this type of training. Off the top of my head one of the main dinners was soup. So was John  snacking on junk when he is allowed out on his own?

But he has interestingly slimmed down after his mission vacation. 

57 minutes ago, johnhugh said:

We have often talked about the Maxwell's eating patterns over the years, the one animal cracker, the neighbours ladies fellowship when the fellowshipers were given one strawberry each, the meatless burritos. Though with Stevie reading here he has often then posted a Maxwell 'party' where food is more plentiful - Hi Stevie!

One cracker, one strawberry and his obsession with food. Gee Steve seems as if you want your daughters to have eating disorders. Steve you are a righteous shit weasel 

7 hours ago, Dark Matters said:

More Colorado pics are up.  I wonder if any of the kidults ever want to skip the hiking and just chill out in the cabin and do nothing?  Or even just sit in the fresh air and relax.  Are they allowed to do that or does Stevehovah order/guilt them into going?

I would guess they likely enjoy the hiking because it's something different than cleaning ceiling fans all day. They probably do look forward to going to Colorado every year. I am not much of a hiker but I would enjoy taking their trip once a year just because it's not a normal everyday experience. Sitting in the cabin is probably the same as sitting at home all day for them. 

I am not sure they know how to relax and what would they be relaxing from? Other than John, no one has a job and I still don't get what they do all day. How much can you clean the same house everyday with so many hands helping? Their shipping books can't take much time as I doubt they have many orders.  I highly doubt Sarah is spending everyday working on her next masterpiece. They don't eat complicated meals so dinner shouldn't take three hours. My guess is they spend much of the day reading the Bible and praying. 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived