IGNORED

Seewalds 24 - Bought the House from Grandma

choralcrusader8613

1 hour ago, Gobsmacked said:

Didn't they also visit a church where music other than hymns was played? I seem to remember Jessa bring quite rude with her astounded/disgusted  looks at every one. I think folk were swaying in time to the music?

Was that at the church in Little Rock when Josie was in the NICU? 

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yup. A totally different vibe from what the Duggars had been used to with their homechurching of the period. 

On 7/22/2017 at 0:37 AM, Ding Dong Duggar said:

I know nothing of Arkansas real estate but I don't think $100k for a 2bed/1bath house in Arkansas sounds unrealistic. That might very well be market value.

AR native here. 100K for a 2 bed/1 bath house in most places in Arkansas is average, if not a little high for the small size of Jessa & Ben's home. 

On 7/23/2017 at 7:27 PM, HarryPotterFan said:

Go Spurgie! So cute. And his aptitude with that toy at that age makes me think he's smarter than the average Duggar. :pb_lol:

He's really good... I teach toddlers, and most of them can't do that yet... he's what, like 18 months or so, right?

11 minutes ago, rainbowbabycakes said:

He's really good... I teach toddlers, and most of them can't do that yet... he's what, like 18 months or so, right?

That was my thought too. I saw the video and most 18 month olds can't do that. All the toddlers I taught def couldn't.

On 7/25/2017 at 7:50 PM, aurora_boo said:

-snip- She really doesn't want to be there! And apart from a hello to Flame, she's always at least one (white) person away from any 'brown' man... I don't think that was an accident.

I'll play devil's advocate for a minute here, and offer the possible alternative: not saying it *isn't* a race issue, but could it be she's uncomfortable sitting next to ANY man, other than her husband?  So she prefers to have a "buffer" between her, and the opposite sex??

Both issues are problematic for their own reasons of course, but I'd think it's likely that with the way they were raised about guarding their hearts, that it'll be a long time (if ever) before she's comfortable being too close to any man . . . Gotta leave room for the holy spirit and all that ;)

2 hours ago, OyToTheVey said:

That was my thought too. I saw the video and most 18 month olds can't do that. All the toddlers I taught def couldn't.

If Spurgie is a little baby genius I hope he is sent to a proper school. Mechelle did a horrible job with homeschooling, so her daughter's aren't exactly equipped with the knowledge of how to do it well. Let his innate intelligence shine!! Free Spurgie!!!

On 7/29/2017 at 4:20 PM, HarryPotterFan said:

If Spurgie is a little baby genius I hope he is sent to a proper school. Mechelle did a horrible job with homeschooling, so her daughter's aren't exactly equipped with the knowledge of how to do it well. Let his innate intelligence shine!! Free Spurgie!!!

Spurgie, bless that kid, was born with really good motor skills. I was really impressed when he drank from the salsa cup without spilling and he was like 15-16 months old then. This kid needs to be taught well because he has natural ability. I've taught 8 year olds that couldn't put their cups down without spilling tbh. I really hope someone notices this and sends him to school. Or at least uses a homeschool program that will actually let him succeed. 

My 11 month old has that toy. She'll try to put the shapes through the holes, occasionally get one sort of in the right place, get frustrated...and then take the top off to put all of them inside without a struggle.

It is nice to see a Duggar baby playing with a toy that's good for their development, not just thumping a Bible with a spoon or something. :pb_lol: Let's just hope that in 15 years Jessa's 15th baby is given the same opportunities as her first.

I had the square box version for my kids.  The first time I gave it to my oldest, she was two.  I showed her how to put the various shaped pieces into the holes.  She seemed to get the idea, but she couldn't get even one into the box.  Finally I put the box up and thought that I'd try it again in a couple of months.  But the next day my daughter wanted to play with it again.  She put all the pieces in the right holes like a pro.  It was like magic.  I finally figured out that she's one of those people who have to be exposed to an idea and then sleep on it.  I guess during the night her subconscious is figuring things out.

Just now, Carm_88 said:

Henry does not look impressed.

That's his "I've been defrauded" expression.

Is that Ben's sister? I didn't realise he came from such a liberal family...

49 minutes ago, CarrotCake said:

Is that Ben's sister? I didn't realise he came from such a liberal family...

He does not come from a liberal family at all, at all. Just because Jessica Seewald dresses in regular clothes, has a boyfriend and a job does not make her liberal. She still believes the same hateful crap her brother and sister-in-law believe.

27 minutes ago, JillyO said:

He does not come from a liberal family at all, at all. Just because Jessica Seewald dresses in regular clothes, has a boyfriend and a job does not make her liberal. She still believes the same hateful crap her brother and sister-in-law believe.

Well, in their world that is kind of liberal...

11 minutes ago, CarrotCake said:

Well, in their world that is kind of liberal...

How so?

8 hours ago, Screamapillar said:

My 11 month old has that toy. She'll try to put the shapes through the holes, occasionally get one sort of in the right place, get frustrated...and then take the top off to put all of them inside without a struggle.

It is nice to see a Duggar baby playing with a toy that's good for their development, not just thumping a Bible with a spoon or something. :pb_lol: Let's just hope that in 15 years Jessa's 15th baby is given the same opportunities as her first.

I love it!! :pb_lol: I can't find a video clip of it, but that reminds me of the time Daniel Radcliffe said he can solve a rubick's cube by taking the stickers off and replacing them. 

To be fair, "liberal" is a relative term and doesn't just mean "aligned with the political left." It's obvious Jessica isn't at all liberal politically, but she's more liberal than her family in a lot of her other choices.

6af8dc78e6c6f2cf0351a70f629dc80c.png
Ben and Jessa seem to have a speaking role in the teen revolution? Whatever that is! 9eb1591a1234fea82d3760377d557960.png

I have a policy of avoiding Jessica's Instagram and Facebook. That woman's immaturity,  delusion, cruel 'Christian' judgment, and need for validation rivals Jill Rodrigues.

6 hours ago, Rachel333 said:

To be fair, "liberal" is a relative term and doesn't just mean "aligned with the political left." It's obvious Jessica isn't at all liberal politically, but she's more liberal than her family in a lot of her other choices.

That is also what I meant.

Being a non-US I was not aware that liberal would be only interpreted as 'political left'.

I have a policy of avoiding Jessica's Instagram and Facebook. That woman's immaturity,  delusion, cruel 'Christian' judgment, and need for validation rivals Jill Rodrigues.

Haha she's also pretty desperate to get married. [emoji6] If you could put all those above things aside, the need to be married kinda trumps all that.

11 hours ago, FleeJanaFree said:

I have a policy of avoiding Jessica's Instagram and Facebook. 

right but this was not announced at all....unless it was a last minute thing 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived