IGNORED

Seewalds 24 - Bought the House from Grandma

choralcrusader8613

On 7/22/2017 at 9:26 AM, Carm_88 said:
Spurgeon received a new toy and I am super jealous of the length of his eyelashes. 

Easy fix! I lost a bunch of eyelashes in a car accident a few years ago and used the drug store eyelash extender (clear bottle, you put it on at night) and they grew back in super quick. My Mum uses it too and has seen hers grow a lot, she's a flaming redhead and refuses to use mascara so wants them all fluffy naturally.

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, cascarones said:

Easy fix! I lost a bunch of eyelashes in a car accident a few years ago and used the drug store eyelash extender (clear bottle, you put it on at night) and they grew back in super quick. My Mum uses it too and has seen hers grow a lot, she's a flaming redhead and refuses to use mascara so wants them all fluffy naturally.

Ooooh I remember that L'Oréal (I'm pretty sure)  used to sell an eyelash serum that had this kind of crescent shaped want for you to apply it. It worked pretty nice. But got discontinued.  I thought about trying other stronger versions of it but I've been hesitant due to the price and also the fact that many of them have the known side effect of changing your eye colour. I like my eye colour! LOL

The light in Josiah's hair makes him look a bit rock-star-esque here. Also, still can't believe Joy is married. crayyyyyyy

ben's the only male with a full head of hair.. just sayin'..

7 hours ago, Four is Enough said:

Ah genetics...

I have very short arms and legs thanks to my dad, but a very long torso because of my mum. I am the person that has to have the drivers seat all the way forward so I can reach the pedals!

I'm just watching the episode with Ben and Jessa going to the festival with Flame (also Jinger wedding prep). Her side-eye/determination not to move to music is really uncomfortable. Did they really have no exposure to any music other than trad or hymns? She really doesn't want to be there! And apart from a hello to Flame, she's always at least one (white) person away from any 'brown' man... I don't think that was an accident.

10 hours ago, Four is Enough said:

Although I've heard an active mountain holds no snow...

My Dad also used to say, "The Good Lord made some heads he liked and some heads he didn't like. The ones he didn't like, he covered with hair."

that's what makes me curious when the grandchildren grow up @aurora_boo. Jessa had a cute video of Spurge doing the little baby dance because it's you know such a natural thing to dance to the music. So do they just stress forever and ever to never dance?

On 21/07/2017 at 4:17 PM, PennySycamore said:

Lots of people would find nothing wrong with a toddler swimming in his birthday suit -as long as he didn't poop in the wate

This brings me back to my lifeguarding days, when I spent many a summer afternoon scooping poo out of the pool. Then there were the times picking up turds in the hallway. Or scrubbing smears off the deck. For the love of God people, please bring your toddler to the public pool in a proper swim diaper...(not you specifically of course!)

9 hours ago, candygirl200413 said:

that's what makes me curious when the grandchildren grow up @aurora_boo. Jessa had a cute video of Spurge doing the little baby dance because it's you know such a natural thing to dance to the music. So do they just stress forever and ever to never dance?

Michelle and JB, I think, said in the past that they dance in their bedroom. It's because dancing stirs up desires, ya know? So maybe Jessa and Ben do dance in private? 

9 hours ago, candygirl200413 said:

So do they just stress forever and ever to never dance?

I distinctly (or maybe vaguely) recall JChelle saying specifically -- during the "Kids and Counting" days -- that they STOPPED the young ones from moving to music.

12 hours ago, aurora_boo said:

I'm just watching the episode with Ben and Jessa going to the festival with Flame (also Jinger wedding prep). Her side-eye/determination not to move to music is really uncomfortable. Did they really have no exposure to any music other than trad or hymns? She really doesn't want to be there! And apart from a hello to Flame, she's always at least one (white) person away from any 'brown' man... I don't think that was an accident.

I also remember a fragment of Michelle and the girls I believe, who were visiting a primary school. All the children did a dance in the great hall, but Michelle and the girls were just.....frozen.... super awkward.

58 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

I distinctly (or maybe vaguely) recall JChelle saying specifically -- during the "Kids and Counting" days -- that they STOPPED the young ones from moving to music.

no wonder they've turned into robots.

2 hours ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

Also during the old show days, I recall them being in a store (a thrift store maybe?) and one of the younger kids starting to dance to the music from a toy radio or the like, and one of the older girls, perhaps Jana, coming over and turning it off.

I think it was Jackson, and they said he was jumping for joy or something.

5 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

I agree, it was Jackson. He would have been pretty young when Jordyn was born. 

3 hours ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

This is just so incredibly sad.   

Side note: Think about how snark-able JB's dancing would be.

On 7/24/2017 at 8:57 AM, cascarones said:

What brand did you use? I'm getting over trichotillomania which mostly affected my eyelashes, and they're taking ages to grow back. Haven't been able to find anything in the drug store to help though. 

On 7/26/2017 at 10:55 AM, Bad Wolf said:

*sigh* Small children like moving to rhythms, which may or may not involve "jumping". They have such an issue with moving to beats that I wonder if the Duggars even played rhythmic clapping games or the like when the kids were young. They expect them to start to play the violin, piano, etc. at young ages, but when do they learn rhythms? I remember an episode of 19K&C with Josh and Anna and the M-kids in a music store where one of the kids (maybe Mackynzie?) gets hold of a drum set and starts pounding away and there were concerns. I wonder if the Duggars even had toy drums for their kids or if they were too sinful in the sense of encouraging kids to move to beats.

Jessa does seem a little more lax on this at least from she's showed in her Instagram, though whether this will maintain remains to be seen.

On 26 July 2017 at 2:19 PM, Carm_88 said:

Michelle and JB, I think, said in the past that they dance in their bedroom. It's because dancing stirs up desires, ya know? So maybe Jessa and Ben do dance in private? 

Ha ha ha:happy-jumpyellow:. Boob and ofBoob dancing the Drumfdango to loud military music. :laughing-rolling:.

On 20/07/2017 at 2:32 PM, rosastrohhut said:

and a human dude to pop out babies... 

Ooo? They make those now? That would be so awesome. ;)

On 26 July 2017 at 2:33 PM, Timetraveler said:

I also remember a fragment of Michelle and the girls I believe, who were visiting a primary school. All the children did a dance in the great hall, but Michelle and the girls were just.....frozen.... super awkward.

Didn't they also visit a church where music other than hymns was played? I seem to remember Jessa bring quite rude with her astounded/disgusted  looks at every one. I think folk were swaying in time to the music?

On 7/26/2017 at 9:33 AM, Timetraveler said:

That is one of the few episodes I have actually seen. It stuck with me because it was so sad that they were looking that way at silly kid dancing just to let off some energy. It is twisted to assign sexual meaning to something as innocent and natural as dance. And then these kids asking the Duggar girls about books and it was clear that they could each count on one hand the number of books they'd read, and they were all garbage about saving your holy hymen for your husband. Barf. 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived