IGNORED

Seewalds 24 - Bought the House from Grandma

choralcrusader8613

No I'm curious. Did she just wake up one morning and tell her parents (Bens parents) "hey guys I'm gonna wear booty shorts and tank tops". How does this work in these families?

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think she's kind of like the Tomi Lahren of the family. Shitty religious beliefs she's not shy about airing, but also wants to be sexy and not live with her parents and not judged for that. She's a controversial and dramatic Christian. 

Maybe she's cooled off since I stopped checking in on her, but like I said, she makes me ragey. Reading some of her statuses could get me steamed for hours. I had to stop for my own good. 

7e1aaab55bf427d2fb6b9086b08125cb.png
Jessica Seewald and Jill Rodrigues would not agree! Clearly her beliefs are different when it comes to dressing but I believe it's still the same shitty beliefs. Time will tell of course! [emoji14]

Heck Catholic schools used to make girls kneel to make sure their skirts were the right length.

Catholic Church also didn't allow any birth control. The joke was you practiced the "rhythm method" (natural family planning) because no one could perfect it. You still had too many kids.

"Modesty," bizarre dress, blaming women for men's lust, no birth control, extolling of motherhood have been used over and over since Biblical days to control women.

My middle school principal at a public school would shame us by having those horrible shirts saying how we didn't want to cover up. Now that I'm older, everytime I run pass it I flick it off because she was actual worst about it.

Also is she still living with her boyfriend? I stalked her instagram for a little bit and it was just like sounding like a teenager who had a breakup.

17 hours ago, CarrotCake said:

That is also what I meant.

Being a non-US I was not aware that liberal would be only interpreted as 'political left'.

It wasn't by me, been here since ever. It's contextual. Clearly the girl has more liberal personal standards than some others.

28 minutes ago, candygirl200413 said:

Also is she still living with her boyfriend? I stalked her instagram for a little bit and it was just like sounding like a teenager who had a breakup.

Facebook says single. :P 

45 minutes ago, candygirl200413 said:

I don't think she was ever living with the ex-boyfriend. She doesn't appear to approve of sex before marriage. It looks to me like he broke up with her and then she moved to a different city from him for a new job. Someone on her Facebook commented that time will heal her pain, but Ben corrected this commenter to let us know that Christ, not time, will heal her. Pieces of her heart and all...

6 hours ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

I just found her page. I'm LOLing --- she and I have mutual friends. :ENVOUTER:

Turns out I have a couple of mutual 'friends' (as in she and I both follow) on Instagram with Jinger.

I find that really fascinating in an odd way. - the x degrees of separation thing is fascinating anyhow, but in a situation like this, where the people at either end are so very different, there's an additional layer of fascination.

The cool thing in all of this is that our crosspoints are all wonderful, talented artists.

There is one 'follower' on there I seem to have 'picked up' in the last week or so who I have a close eye on. His profile is set to private apart from the strapline 'a nice Christian gentleman'.  I have a feeling this guy may be looking for someone to court. - more power to his elbow if he is, but he hasn't many social skills and we have had to have a conversation re boundaries already and I keep stressing mentions of Mr MIO. Last night he asked what my religion is. I responded with 'I'm sorry, we don't discuss religion outside of our immediate family and certain social groups". Guess we'll see what if anything he thinks of that.

7 hours ago, JDuggs said:

Ben corrected this commenter to let us know that Christ, not time, will heal her. Pieces of her heart and all...

Oh Ben, did you really had to? 

12 hours ago, JDuggs said:

Someone on her Facebook commented that time will heal her pain, but Ben corrected this commenter to let us know that Christ, not time, will heal her. Pieces of her heart and all...

Praise be to Rufus, the almighty healer of hearts.

6 hours ago, AlwaysExcited said:

Oh Ben, did you really had to? 

Of course he did! It's all a learning moment and will bring Jessica closer to Jesus. ;) 

On 8/1/2017 at 5:30 PM, JDuggs said:

I don't think she was ever living with the ex-boyfriend. She doesn't appear to approve of sex before marriage. It looks to me like he broke up with her and then she moved to a different city from him for a new job. Someone on her Facebook commented that time will heal her pain, but Ben corrected this commenter to let us know that Christ, not time, will heal her. Pieces of her heart and all...

I think she's still in the Hot Springs area. That pic with Spurgey posted earlier this week makes sense knowing that Benessa were down there for that teen conference. Her FAMILY moved to West Little Rock some months, ostensibly for a job opportunity for Mike Seewald. Jessica was already on her own, so it makes sense that she stayed behind FOR her job. 

2 hours ago, marmalade said:

I think she's still in the Hot Springs area. That pic with Spurgey posted earlier this week makes sense knowing that Benessa were down there for that teen conference. Her FAMILY moved to West Little Rock some months, ostensibly for a job opportunity for Mike Seewald. Jessica was already on her own, so it makes sense that she stayed behind FOR her job. 

If you check out her Facebook page she indicates that she lives in Little Rock and works nearby.

LOL, I obviously haven't checked her social media in ages! As someone noted above, I can't deal with the bigotry. So, I guess she did move with the family, even if she doesn't live under their roof (but maybe she does). I wonder if that's what broke off the relationship with that guy she was attached to at the hip for quite a while. 

12 hours ago, JDuggs said:

If you check out her Facebook page she indicates that she lives in Little Rock and works nearby.

My FB says I live in Des Moines, I don't, I live near by.  I have enough public info I don't advertise the little town I live in.

2 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

My FB says I live in Des Moines, I don't, I live near by.  I have enough public info I don't advertise the little town I live in.

Okay, if you read all her posts about leaving her old job, starting her new job, moving, trying a new church in Little Rock, going to places in Little Rock, I'm somehow under the impression that she has moved there. Unless she is just posting all of this to deceive her stalkers. I do think she's closer to Little Rock than she is to Hot Springs. I've never been to Arkansas so all of my knowledge of these places is based on Google maps.

Spud is freaking adorable and seemingly intelligent.  I hope he gets opportunities his paternts didn’t. 

3 minutes ago, LovelyLuna said:

Spud is freaking adorable and seemingly intelligent.  I hope he gets opportunities his paternts didn’t. 

Well Jessa didn't have any opportunities, but Ben did. He made the choice to marry early and start a family before completing his education. Ben still might be able to get a bachelors degree and beyond since money doesn't seem to be an issue. They will need to place an emphasis on education for their kids though, homeschool or otherwise.

Do you think Jessa is "allowed" to hang out with Jessica alone? Jessica doesn't seem as strict

She wasn't allowed to (nor is there any evidence since she left the tth) hang out with Cousin Amy alone. Amy had to go to them..

8 minutes ago, kachuu said:

Do you think Jessa is "allowed" to hang out with Jessica alone? Jessica doesn't seem as strict

Jessica isn't "as strict" but she's still a fundie. I'm not sure how much Jessa would want to hang out with Jessica, I don't think they have a ton in common. 

10 minutes ago, kachuu said:

The impression I get is that neither Jessa nor Jessica are too keen on the idea of being pals. Jessica is a right-wing, Trump-loving, gun-loving, anti-abortion, conservative Christian, but I think I read some comment where she made it clear that she's not like the Duggars. I think Jessica loves her nephews and she and Ben have a good sibling bond and that's enough for them.

10 minutes ago, JDuggs said:

I think Jessica loves her nephews and she and Ben have a good sibling bond and that's enough for them.

I love my nephews but I think their parents are shit. I just choose to see them less often so that I don't have to deal with family.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived