IGNORED

Seewalds 24 - Bought the House from Grandma

choralcrusader8613

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, OyToTheVey said:

I love my nephews but I think their parents are shit.

Are you me?

Oh goodnesss! Henry is so very squishable! He looks like he would be perfect for cuddles. 

40 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

Oh goodnesss! Henry is so very squishable! He looks like he would be perfect for cuddles. 

Look at those thighs. Inwant to squeeze them. I love chunky babies.

Does it bother anyone else that the captions aren't "Happy Henry" and "Sleepy Spurgeon"? I'm weird like that.

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Look at those thighs. Inwant to squeeze them. I love chunky babies.

All three of my sons were chunks when they were babies.It brings back sweet memories.

On 7/26/2017 at 9:21 AM, RhythmicSkater said:

What brand did you use? I'm getting over trichotillomania which mostly affected my eyelashes, and they're taking ages to grow back. Haven't been able to find anything in the drug store to help though. 

Just the Rimmel one. :) Though my Mum uses RapidLash, I believe she got it off of HauteLook. She's a ginger and her carrot shaded eyelashes have certainly perked up and grown a lot thicker!  

14 hours ago, JoyfulDhampir said:

Has Spurgie's hair always been that dark or is it just the light in the photo?

He's always had darker hair but I think it may be the filter that Jessa used. His eyelashes seem really dark too. 

Spurgeon's eye lashes are so gorgeous, it almost looks like he has eye liner on.  And I love his curls.  Given that Michelle always kept her boys hair very short and 'masculine' and even took her clippers to cut poor Israel's hair, I am surprised that Jessa has kept it long all this time.  I was always sentimental about the first hair cuts for my kids.  I delayed as long as I could.  I loved those baby curls

I assumed Spurg having long hair was a vanity thing on jessa's part since he looks so much like her.

Spurg is Jessa's twin for sure! I think it's a combo of him looking like her, and the fact that he's been called the cutest baby ever- by everybody, and her not wanting to change him, and then the whole denial of baby getting older. It's hard on lots of moms to let go over baby stage. 

My older lad had lashes like that. A friend who's a beautician explained why boys/men can appear to have way longer/fuller lashes - apparently it's because if you have dark lashes and you're a guy, typically the dark pigment goes all the way to the end. If you have dark lashes and you're a gal, typically we have tips that are/appear clear. Interesting stuff I thought (I'm writing a book of collected useless facts. The rules for inclusion are that outside of "Ooo that's neat" situations and quizzing, there wouldn't really be a need to know it).

On 8/5/2017 at 7:49 AM, VineHeart137 said:

Does it bother anyone else that the captions aren't "Happy Henry" and "Sleepy Spurgeon"? I'm weird like that.

It bothers me...but not as much as it still bothers me his name is Spurgeon. SERIOUSLY BEN AND JESSA. THE FUCK. 

2 hours ago, MadeItOut said:

A friend who's a beautician explained why boys/men can appear to have way longer/fuller lashes - apparently it's because if you have dark lashes and you're a guy, typically the dark pigment goes all the way to the end. If you have dark lashes and you're a gal, typically we have tips that are/appear clear. 

Interesting. Never heard that before. My lashes are like that. I'm a dirty blonde and they're dark but very light at the tips. Mine were very long but no one could tell unless I was wearing mascara. Doesn't seem fair.:my_dodgy:

5 hours ago, justmy2cents said:

Interesting. Never heard that before. My lashes are like that. I'm a dirty blonde and they're dark but very light at the tips. Mine were very long but no one could tell unless I was wearing mascara. Doesn't seem fair.:my_dodgy:

Nope doesn't really. I've taken to getting that sort of long lasting mascara they paint on for you that lasts six weeks or so if I've a show on. It's like a film - you know, where your woman always rolls of bed imacculate? - At least in the eyelash dept. ;)

1 hour ago, HereticHick said:

Commenters on this picture Jeremy just posted say that the book Jessa is reading is Richard Baxter's The Godly Home. Baxter was a 17th Century Puritan, I think: https://www.amazon.com/Godly-Home-Richard-Baxter/dp/1433513447:

So what happened this week that Jeremy was with Benessa?  He also posted this pic

jeremyben.thumb.jpg.0ff6f5218561cb2b92143bcc3e2dcb73.jpg

I dont recognize the furniture that Ben and Jessa are sitting in and that doesnt really look like a hotel.

In twenty-first century America, at a time when the family structure is crumbling, divorce rates are at an all-time high, and respect for parents is diminishing, The Godly Home serves as a balm for those seeking God's plan for the family

Well that is the start of the synopsis, so it wouldn't be the book for me! I'll stick with Tolkien! :P 

Floral wallpaper + paisley upholstery= I'm just grateful the picture isn't in color! Could it be a church lounge? A tackily decorated B&B? The guys look like they could be attending a wedding. 

I just read through the comments of that photo and someone said it was from 2016. So maybe either a church event or a friend's wedding?

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived