choralcrusader8613

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, CoveredInBees said:

<goes and puts on a mustard cardigan> 

Fixed that for you.

19 hours ago, Four is Enough said:

Why can't spurge just be in the pool in his swim diaper and be done with it?

Or, the way us heathens might do it, just swim naked? Lots of people would find nothing wrong with a toddler swimming in his birthday suit -as long as he didn't poop in the water.

Loved seeing that sunshine map...I live where the forecast is sunny, with a chance of sunny, followed by sunny. The only thing that varies is the temperature...from "hey, I need a jacket" to "OH MY GOD THE SURFACE OF THE SUN IS COOLER"

14 minutes ago, PennySycamore said:

Or, the way us heathens might do it, just swim naked? Lots of people would find nothing wrong with a toddler swimming in his birthday suit -as long as he didn't poop in the water.

Some places have rules, swim diaper is required, and not just a regular diaper, for un-pottytrained kids. So, no nekkidness for sure. Plus, I'm sure I wouldn't let my kid go naked at a hotel swimming pool, too many weirdos around.

15 minutes ago, PennySycamore said:

I would never let a baby/toddler swim in a pool naked, unless it was a backyard one which this ones appears not to be. You can't control when they poop, and that's a risk I wouldn't take. 

I think his outfit is fine, and I'm sure Jessa applied the appropriate amount of sunscreen to him. She doesn't seem to be the type to willfully neglect her child's safety. 

6 hours ago, Gobbles said:

See that yellow spot in South Germany? That is where I live. :lol:

You're pretty close to my relatives then.

On 7/20/2017 at 1:27 PM, OhNoNike said:

I wonder if everything is okay with Grandma Duggar?  I was reviewing all the changes with my mom who used to work as a real estate settlement processor and it sounds like that is all estate planning... divvying properties, etc?

Though there is the one that went to her for $393K, so maybe this is off.

My immediate thought was potential health problems, and Grandma Mary is trying to reduce her assets so she can qualify for Medicaid (to supplement the Medicare she should already have). There are a few legitimate/legal ways to transfer assets to family so property can stay within the family and older adults don't have to sell/spend all of their assets it to pay for their healthcare. In cases where she can't transfer direct to family, she can sell to family at below market (but still reasonable) prices, spend down the proceeds from the sale, then recoup the money by getting all of her long term care at the TTH instead of a nursing home. 

3 hours ago, viii said:

I would never let a baby/toddler swim in a pool naked, unless it was a backyard one which this ones appears not to be. You can't control when they poop, and that's a risk I wouldn't take. 

I agree.  I don't know if this applies everywhere, but at some of the public pools I've been to, if someone poops in the pool, they have to literally drain the pool, clean it with super strong cleaners and then refill it.  It's a big expense for the business/owner of the pool which is why most pools require little ones to wear swim diapers.  

4 hours ago, mpheels said:

then recoup the money by getting all of her long term care at the TTH instead of a nursing home. 

Is Grandma Mary sure she wants to take the risk of TTH? After seeing how well they treated her husband? That's...brave.

On 7/20/2017 at 6:54 AM, Mela99 said:

I wonder if they bought it for market price or got a deal since they're family.

I know nothing of Arkansas real estate but I don't think $100k for a 2bed/1bath house in Arkansas sounds unrealistic. That might very well be market value.

On the topic of Spurgies shorts am I the only one finding the skull and crossbones pattern to be a little unduggar like ? 

1 hour ago, Ding Dong Duggar said:

I know nothing of Arkansas real estate but I don't think $100k for a 2bed/1bath house in Arkansas sounds unrealistic. That might very well be market value.

Spending 5 min on Zillow confirms this. I think $100k is about market rate. 

Spurgeon received a new toy and I am super jealous of the length of his eyelashes. 

Skull and crossbones? Goes with the "where will you go when you die?" theme...

@Carm_88, we have just about the same toy.  The shaped are the same, but the thing with the holes they go in is a cube.  We've had it for 25 years or so.  My daughter has the ball kind like Spurgie's.

If it's not the Tupperware ball, it's copyright infringement. I had that for GryffindorDisappointment.

Wow Jessas hair is SO long. I love long hair but how does she take care of the kids with her hair so long? My hair was a few inches shorter than hers when I had my third but I finally had to cut it to just below my shoulders because if it was down or even if a pony tail they would grab it but it was so thick and long that it was too heavy to wear in a bun and it would give me head aches. 

Go Spurgie! So cute. And his aptitude with that toy at that age makes me think he's smarter than the average Duggar. :pb_lol:

I don't know how much land came with the house, but I was thinking that $100K seemed like they paid too much for the area unless they got at least an acre. I would have guessed about $20k less. Huh.

Both of my grandmothers started setting up their living trusts by the time they were Grandma Duggar's age. We had a few property transfers and such involved that sound a lot like what has happened here.  Doesn't seem too strange, just a bit of financial planning going on.

That darn kid is so stinkin cute!

2 hours ago, ItsMeY'all said:

I was thinking that $100K seemed like they paid too much for the area unless they got at least an acre. 

They got just under half an acre. But we don't actually know how much they paid for it. The $100K is the estimated sale price based on the estimated market value. The actual deed says "for and inconsideration of the sum of One and No/100 ---- Dollars --- ($1.00) and other good and valuable consideration in hand." 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived