IGNORED

Lori Alexander 25: A Wife Is a Good *Thing*

So this is a little late, but I'm still slogging through my first read on Lori's book and just got to a part where she talks about older women not worrying about their wrinkles and gray hair.  How there are many young mothers out there that would love help (the actual physical kind, not advice from the internet) and how you should be spending time helping those people and people who are sick and can't care for themselves.

Once again I guess gray hair is ok for other people but not the Godly Mentor.

Also, I was slightly annoyed by her paragraph earlier in the chapter (paraphrasing) about how even a quadriplegic who can do nothing for their own care, still has value.....

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lori is a sick, sick woman.  

Here is some truth she won't be able to deal with. 

leahtaylor.PNG.26ef2a16124597c644260b294bef79fe.PNG

and this!

Ask what he wants concerning meals? Why, he can just cook it up himself like Ken does. 

59863d53ba170_ifhedoesntlead.PNG.331460591d09f94b9b98b3b75122356f.PNG

You know what, if you are setting aside money for a grown ass man's "chew and soda" instead of you know...feeding your children, then you are the problem too.

I guess Lori will trot out her tired old line about God owning everything.  Meanwhile, Lori is working on week 7 of vacation, stuffing her face with restaurant food and too many starches.

If God owns everything, I think Lori's taking more than her "portion".  Maybe she should be "moderate", and instead of spending yet another week spoiling herself, she can send that woman some money for groceries.  But she won't.  Because she doesn't *really* believe that God owns everything, and she wouldn't even consider not treating herself like the queen she thinks she is.

As a side note, are there no green beans Door County?  Why the hell would you mix rice and potatoes????  And that poor fish was seasoned beyond all reason.  Gross.

Edited, because I can spell beans :pb_lol:

12 minutes ago, Koala said:

You know what, if you are setting aside money for a grown ass man's "chew and soda" instead of you know...feeding your children, then you are the problem too.

I noticed that and it would be a cold day in hades when "the man" got chew and soda and the kids went hungry.  

I would like to see a counter instagram to Lori's where instead of seeing all these organic foods, expensive beauty products, fermented crusts, and daily caught fish, we see more of these empty fridge photos. Truth! Truth of how many live.

Uh oh!brinda.PNG.2e73061b48a14feace9838d2be425a24.PNG

Umm...my husband would be told to shit in one hand and want in the other and ask him which one would get full first. Fortunately, although we are both smokers (yeah yeah, I know), there's never been any question of which was/is more important. 

Wow I got lucky catching Brinda then, those were good ones! Lori basically said its not biblical to feed your children first. 

I didn't capture it but a few mins ago Jennifer had a second replying telling Lori that what she said is a lie. That is deleted and this weirdo is allowed to stand. 

jenniferorton.PNG.76b1257af2927247f591c03e8aa882dc.PNG

1 minute ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

Wow I got lucky catching Brinda then, those were good ones! Lori basically said its not biblical to feed your children first. 

Of course not...have to give the hubby his 10 minutes and lube first. I'm all about loving on the spouse but this is insane...basically it's not being a wife it's being a combination of a door mat and a grown man's mother. Fuck that noise. No groceries, nobody eats. There were times I went without eating so my children could eat (long ago). Short of having $$ for gas (because someone always has to be somewhere like work), the priority would go to food. 

Is starting to fall apart.  Going viral isn't working out like she expected I'm guessing

That's a bland, bland, bland looking meal. White, white, white and more white. Where's the color? Some steamed broccoli, fresh corn-on-the-cob (a starch, but still -- yum!), baby carrots, a big salad (tm) or anything else along those lines would have brightened it up a LOT. 

If I sat down to a meal of white fish, white potato, and white rice, I'd probably lose my appetite. If you HAVE to have potatoes and rice, at least slice up some sweet potatoes and make some pan-seared sweet potatoes with a little garlic and butter and use brown rice. Then add some steamed veggies on the side.

5 hours ago, usmcmom said:

I don't think I have ever served rice and potatoes together but I DO serve mashed potatoes with chicken and noodles. That is a sacred combination around here; so I guess two starches is not unheard of.

My favourite curry is aloo gobi which I serve with rice and naans and generally two or three other curries in a thali style setting, at least one or two meat curies and/or one or two vegetarian options.  Potatoes are not uncommon in Indian cookery...

And I'm happy to spend several hours cooking all kinds of cuisines, not just Indian. i love cooking in general, just wish I was better at it.

23 minutes ago, polecat said:

If I sat down to a meal of white fish, white potato, and white rice, I'd probably lose my appetite. If you HAVE to have potatoes and rice, at least slice up some sweet potatoes and make some pan-seared sweet potatoes with a little garlic and butter and use brown rice. Then add some steamed veggies on the side.

Oh...rushes off to look for recipes for pan seared sweet potatoes...

11 minutes ago, Seahorse Wrangler said:

Oh...rushes off to look for recipes for pan seared sweet potatoes...

Oh, ha! I can help with that. Slice up some sweet potatoes. Soak 'em for a bit and then pat them dry with paper towels. heat up some coconut oil (or butter, whatever floats your boat, but I like coconut for the flavor), toss in the potatoes, cook for 6-8 minutes on each side or until browned and season them to taste. I like garlic salt, but paprika, rosemary or plain old sea salt is also good.

Ya know. Lori probably didn't really approve of the meal but it is what her headship cooked so she had no choice but to eat it. 

BUT. What is Ken doing cooking a meal anyway?  Men were not created to have kitchen brains. So, looks like poor leadership to me. He never should have cooked that meal. 

But he did. 

Now Lori has to eat it. 

Except she shouldn't,  because MEN CANNOT COOK. 

Except they can. 

So the wife eats the unholy food

Except don't. 

@louisa05 maybe because they're empty nest the rules don't apply to them? But then that shoots all her other advice out of the water too, bc she didn't do any of the domestic necessities then either. Lazy. Spoiled. Brat.

There's a couple dishes in S. La. that involve both rice & potatoes but I don't believe either of them include fish.... It's typically a meat & potato stew type situation that is great for the latter months or hurricane season (needing to clear out the fridge to salvage meat). Rice is just the natural side dish. I agree with everyone & the over seasoning. Emeril's holds its own just fine, as does the lemon & butter... Maybe throw some black pepper on that and call it a day. Emeril's can over power (IMHO). She'd lose her damn mind if someone presented her with a catfish couvillion.  There's usually greens or black eyed peas on the side. 

ETA: omg @feministxtian you are my spirit animal. "Want in one hand...." Yes indeed. Ex & I went through wants over needs for about 5 minutes. And then I threw a microwave at him. (No really, I did). My child ate & had a stable life after that.

@Imrlgoddess - Want in one hand and shit in the other has been a favorite saying of mine for a LONG time! I think you and I were related in a former life...

Give that Thor kitty pats, pets and skritches for me and tell him that Luke-kitty is stretched out between my legs here on the recliner...

2 hours ago, Koala said:

I once had a conversation with a fellow divorced mom about how much better we were both doing financially after divorcing husbands who actually had jobs but were spendthrifts. My friend got no child support for her three kids and had the glamorous and high-paying career of billing clerk at the electric company, but was better off without a jerk who chucked away thousands on stereo equipment and cars.

I was near Door County today and saw tons of produce stands with lots of fresh veggies. There was no reason for her to have such a starchy colorless meal.

2 hours ago, polecat said:

Oh, ha! I can help with that. Slice up some sweet potatoes. Soak 'em for a bit and then pat them dry with paper towels. heat up some coconut oil (or butter, whatever floats your boat, but I like coconut for the flavor), toss in the potatoes, cook for 6-8 minutes on each side or until browned and season them to taste. I like garlic salt, but paprika, rosemary or plain old sea salt is also good.

droolz...

3 hours ago, feministxtian said:

There were times I went without eating so my children could eat (long ago).

Yes, I did, too.  A long time ago.

And one visit to the food pantry, which left me so embarrassed I never went back, and figured out how to feed my kids.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived