IGNORED

Lori Alexander 25: A Wife Is a Good *Thing*

Oh ya'll, I just can't...Did you see the pic in the comments on fb of the woman's refrigerator with 6 days 'till pay day?  SMH

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Koala said:

You know what, if you are setting aside money for a grown ass man's "chew and soda" instead of you know...feeding your children, then you are the problem too.

Indeed. Any person who considers 'chew and soda' more important than feeding their kids, and any spouse who goes along with it, is not fit to be a parent. 

I'm surprised Lori has left that refrigerator pic up. I hope that woman for the sake of her kids find help through food pantry or some other organization. Lori has blatthered on about how churches are supposed to help SAHMs and widows. Shouldn't she be suggesting that the woman waiting until payday ask her church for help?

I do agree with other FJers the woman and her husband are both part of the problem. I'm guessing they manage money poorly like Jill and David Rodrigues. The wife needs to tell her husband that feeding the kids is more important than chew and soda.

12 hours ago, louisa05 said:

If Ken & Lori like the fish seasoned that way and like the combo, who cares? People can eat what they want. 

Here's my problem with it: how many times a week does she go online to criticize women for not cooking for their families? And does she ever not equate not doing the cooking with sin and disobedience to God/the Bible? Why is Ken doing the cooking? Why is that okay? How is that not Lori sinning and being disobedient to God?

Someone ask her. Please. I want to know if you get a response or just get blocked. 

Totally agree.  There are a lot of reasons to criticize Lori and Ken, but how they season their food is BEC.  Lots of seasoning can be good!  Blackened fish, anyone?  I'm a little surprised that Lori would eat rice and potatoes given her salad obsession, but maybe that's part of being an obedient wife.  

The hypocrisy of Ken cooking and Lori criticizing women who don't cook is the real issue.  She won't address it, or she'll say that Ken (as head of the house) sometimes wants to cook, so she obeys and lets him do it.

On 7/30/2017 at 6:16 PM, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Mango -- a fellow redhead!  I read somewhere only 2% of the world's population has red hair.  If you are a blue-eyed redhead you are even rarer.  I've always loved my bright copper red hair.   It made me stand out among the sea of (bottle) blondes in high school.  I've never met a man who didn't love my hair color -- especially Mr. Dress,

Red hair is caused by a mutation in the MCR1 gene.  So we're mutants -- but in a fabulous way.

Redheads Unite. Let's Rock it Like a Redhead!

As redheads you don't have to fear the grey or white that the rest of us do.  I go to church with a woman who is 96 (will be 97 later this year.  Her hair is still visibly red.  She said that her father was red til he died at 87 and so were two of her older siblings (red til they died).  You will fade, but red for ever. 

You are lucky, I have some copper highlights, I think red hair is very pretty. 

19 minutes ago, Greendoor said:

As redheads you don't have to fear the grey or white that the rest of us do.  I go to church with a woman who is 96 (will be 97 later this year.  Her hair is still visibly red.  She said that her father was red til he died at 87 and so were two of her older siblings (red til they died).  You will fade, but red for ever.

My brother's red went completely white years ago. I still refer to him as "the redhead" and then remember he's not anymore ;-D

5 hours ago, MarblesMom said:

Yes, I did, too.  A long time ago.

And one visit to the food pantry, which left me so embarrassed I never went back, and figured out how to feed my kids.

I'm sorry you felt embarrassed by going to the food pantry. You were doing the right thing for you and your family, to get through tough times.

The woman who posted the picture of the food in her fridge said she trusted that God would provide.  But He did provide for her but SHE GAVE IT AWAY.  Sorry but I just cannot get my head around that.  

3 hours ago, Greendoor said:

My (originally redheaded) dad's hair first turned a sort of faded blondish-greyish and now is white. (Well, what he has. His hairline started receding in his 20s.) My older sister's coppery red hair now has a few white hairs mixed in. Mine is on the blonder side of the redhead spectrum, but so far, it's about the same color as always. I'm not sure there is a "standard" for red hair as we age.

18 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

Lori is a sick, sick woman.  

I follow the Lori threads but don't comment much on her because I think there is something seriously wrong with her.  I find it interesting that she mentioned the pastors at their church wanted her to keep quiet.  I wonder if they even realize she's totally off her rocker.

And Ken's no prize but I wonder about a guy who stays with a woman who admitted she sabotaged birth control so she could quit her job.   And that's just one of the humdingers she has 'fessed up to.   The number of relationship deal breakers is astounding and yet he obviously has stuck around.

53 minutes ago, polecat said:

"Brutish" means rough, crude, cruel, unpleasant, aggressive ... much like Mrs. Alexander. 

Thaaank you! I was wondering where she got her synonyms..... 

Also, Lori Alexander:

you don’t need to hold me accountable. I have plenty of godly people, especially my husband, holding me accountable. Blessings!

Stupid and ignorant, she says....

2 hours ago, polecat said:

"Brutish" means rough, crude, cruel, unpleasant, aggressive ... much like Mrs. Alexander. 

Lori uses her own definitions quite a lot.  I noticed it in her book.

Also, I don't use chew or drink soda but $120/month sounds like a lot to me?

56 minutes ago, Curious said:

Also, I don't use chew or drink soda but $120/month sounds like a lot to me?

It does to me, too. Here, there are usually sales where people can buy three 12-packs of soda for $10 or so (name brand sodas). Google tells me that a can of chewing tobacco costs $3. He has got to be guzzling that soda and practically eating that tobacco to be spending that much. (Chew refers to chewing tobacco, right?)

3 hours ago, polecat said:

It does to me, too. Here, there are usually sales where people can buy three 12-packs of soda for $10 or so (name brand sodas). Google tells me that a can of chewing tobacco costs $3. He has got to be guzzling that soda and practically eating that tobacco to be spending that much. (Chew refers to chewing tobacco, right?)

It's about the same in the area where I live for soda. Store brand sodas sometimes sell $10 for 4 12 packs. It's sound crazy that he is spending that much for soda and chew.

§120 dollars as spending money when you are at a point where you cannot afford food is crazy! I don't know American food prizes but I would be able to buy food for 2 weeks or so without being more than normally frugal and could probably make that last a whole month if I was extremely careful with what I bought and only bought the very cheapest foods. When I was single I survived on about §60 dollars for a whole month but I did have some staples at home at the time.

39 minutes ago, elliha said:

§120 dollars as spending money when you are at a point where you cannot afford food is crazy! I don't know American food prizes but I would be able to buy food for 2 weeks or so without being more than normally frugal and could probably make that last a whole month if I was extremely careful with what I bought and only bought the very cheapest foods. When I was single I survived on about §60 dollars for a whole month but I did have some staples at home at the time.

I spend about $60 a week for two adults--that is groceries plus paper products (toilet paper, etc...), laundry stuff, etc... and keeping staples and spices stocked. That includes breakfast, items for packing work lunches and six dinners per week. We usually eat dinner out once on the weekend and eat breakfast out after church twice a month. 

So, yes, $120 for that is absolutely ridiculous and with careful shopping could feed a family of four for a week. 

A thin dime is a ridiculous amount to spend on soda and "chew", when your fridge is empty and you have a family to feed.  

I honestly think Lori gets a thrill from seeing pictures like that.  It gives her an opportunity to encourage her readers to suffer, because that's what Jesus Lori wants, of course.  It also gives her an opportunity to reflect on just how spoiled she is.  She can buy pretty much anything her dim little mind takes a notion to, and then sit back and tell others that they must deny themselves- even of food, if that's what their husband wants.

Think about her Instagram.  A good portion of the time she is bragging about what she has.  Things she knows most of her readers could never dream of affording.  She's a queen in her own mind, but her eyes tell the real story.  They're empty and cold, and she's no one to be envied.

If that reader of her has a bit of sense, she'll pack up her babies and leave.  

1 hour ago, Koala said:

If that reader of her has a bit of sense, she'll pack up her babies and leave.  

I agree with this. I also thought the woman should go out and work. I get that she wants to stay at home with her kids. But, since her husband is shitty with money and it's been going on for 9 years- that should be sign that she needs to help with the money situation. Maybe, if she worked part time it would give them some breathing room since the husband gets $120 weekly allowance.

Lori (who says God owns everything, and we should only take "our portion"), has responded to a reader's picture of an empty fridge, by posting a picture of her own.  On Instagram.  Of ANOTHER damn restaurant.  Seriously.  

Lori should have taken "God's money", and made a simple salad and a pot of spaghetti for herself and Ken.  Then she could have saved all of the money she wasted eating out, and helped restock her reader's fridge.

She should also stop harping about women who won't cook because of feminist air or whatever.  Ken cooked last night, and she's in a restaurant today.  She has no room to talk.

She knows nothing. 

Tonight Mr EW (recovering from a concussion) and I are changing a flat by flashlight because we ran out of daylight and have no garage. I have no idea how we will scrape up money for a new tire, as the spare is iffy looking too. We are short 2 days of pay this week. No sick leave at mr's work so he is grimly pushing through and going back a full week this week.  Eating scrambled eggs and garden tomatoes for dinner because that's all we can afford. We haven't been to a sit down restaurant in months. 

@EowynW Sending you hugs and good thoughts. If I may...look into used tires. You can find some with 80% tread on them for next to nothing. We have bought those tires when ours were so bad the steel belts were showing through. We managed to get about a year out of the tires and for 4 it was like 200 bucks. They bought us time to get our money straight and be able to buy new tires. I'll shut up now, 

PS...if I have overstepped, just tell me to STFU. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived