IGNORED

Aunt Lori Alexander 24: Wearing Shorts and Kicking Cats

I also think that many fundies misinterpret Paul's words too. After listening to that sermon on husbands earlier tonight, it seems that many of our pet fundies have never had the proper teaching on that passage in Ephesians that starts with "husbands love your wives...". Pastor also went off on men who say they're babysitting their own children...they have 5 kids...and well...being a father, being a husband starts with being a servant...not something that would be popular with our pets...ya know? (link to sermon available upon request). 

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Spanger said:

Sorry to interrupt, but I just kind of started reading LorKen in the middle and I'm trying to catch up.  Would anyone be so kind as to point me to where Ken joins in on FJ, what thread number?  Thank you in advance for your help!

Click on this tag @Ken. His profile page will open, go to his first post.

4 hours ago, feministxtian said:

I also think that many fundies misinterpret Paul's words too. After listening to that sermon on husbands earlier tonight, it seems that many of our pet fundies have never had the proper teaching on that passage in Ephesians that starts with "husbands love your wives...". Pastor also went off on men who say they're babysitting their own children...they have 5 kids...and well...being a father, being a husband starts with being a servant...not something that would be popular with our pets...ya know? (link to sermon available upon request). 

I think it is because they rejoice in the fact that everyone can be a preacher, education be damned!

For example, which Bates manchild has been preaching since he was a child? FFS, a child cannot possibly understand the complexities and context of Biblical life and then correctly apply it to today's world. 

10 hours ago, Jucifer said:

OMG, I love Asian clothes!  They're really inexpensive too, if you know where to get them (EBay).

My son was stationed on Okinawa for two years and, while there, had to be in Korea for six weeks of training. He and his buddies decided to go to a Korean tailor and have have some custom suits made. I think my son had two made and he loves them. He said it was a fantastic experience. The tailor got these few Marines all fitted and their orders finalized, then he closed his shop and went to supper with them at one of his favorite local restaurants. He introduced them to the owner and all the staff. It was really nice to hear him talk about this experience. Those suits will last him forever - they are beautiful and so well made. 

1 hour ago, EowynW said:

Y'all go look at Kelley Dribbles UTI advice. 

Anatomy lessons are sorely lacking in the US. 

Women do not eliminate waste from their vagina. There are separate openings for both urine and solid waste.

Urinating after sex is good advice. Washing hands before sex is good advice. But freaking out over eliminating waste with your vagina? FACE PLANET. 

8 hours ago, BlackSheep said:

Search FJ for 'Dispensationalism'. It was in Lori threads 17 and 20, as well as other threads here.

Lori makes me so ragey that I cannot read each and every post in each and every thread for fear of stroking out. I know we have a robust search feature and use it often and recommend it. I wasn't interested in reading more about dispensationalism, I was just commenting on not having seen that particular post, which played no part in my describing Loriken as Paulians and not Christian. Just want to be clear.

3 hours ago, quiversR4hunting said:

I think it is because they rejoice in the fact that everyone can be a preacher, education be damned!

For example, which Bates manchild has been preaching since he was a child? FFS, a child cannot possibly understand the complexities and context of Biblical life and then correctly apply it to today's world. 

This is why...when we were "church shopping", I investigate if the pastor has educational credentials. Anything less than an MDiv or Master's in theology gets scratched off the list. Our pastor has a BA, MDiv and PhD. None of those are honorary...Now, honestly, I don't necessarily agree with our pastor on everything but 85-90% is good enough for me. 

These homegrown preachers have no clue. According to our pastor's wife, the three messages he preaches per week (Sunday am, Sunday pm and Wednesday pm) take him about 60 or more hours per week to research and write. Now, this is someone who has been preaching and teaching for 40 years. In between the writing and the studying, there's the administration of the church, counseling church members, hospital visitations, and all the other jobs that go along with being the pastor of a decent size church. He also preaches at other churches during conferences. He's starting to turn over more and more of the day to day church stuff to his son (who is also a fantastic preacher working on his PhD). I also know that our church was started on a wing and a prayer 40 years ago...and in sin city, that's something that the church has survived this long. 

Those dolts like the Bates child have no idea of the WORK that goes into being a preacher, a pastor, the "CEO" of a church. They're idiots trying to take the easy way out. 

9 hours ago, laPapessaGiovanna said:

Click on this tag @Ken. His profile page will open, go to his first post.

Well isn't that a nifty trick I have never thought of.  I'm going to add that to the tips and tricks page when I update it!

I have a really stupid question.  So I have read the bible (not all the way through), but it was years ago when I was a pre-teen/early teen and since I wasn't reading it to pull out a verse here or there, I read it basically like a book.

The way fundies pull out "proof texts" got me to wondering how is the bible normally read?  How do you know which verses go together vs ones that can "stand alone?"    I'm thinking about doing a little project, but want to make sure I understand the right way to pull verses out without making them out of context.

FTR, I have a KJV bible and I *think* it's annotated (I'm not sure the right word...it's got a "plain english" type footnotes area) by John McArthur (who I believe is Lori approved).

Does that makes sense?

13 hours ago, usmcmom said:

And this guy who is talking about his wife's problem with UTIs??  If Lori had any discretion at all she would not have published that. I'd be mortified, hurt and angry if my husband was sharing such details on a woman's blog. Of course this creep is the one who just wrote that his wife is now "serving him in the bedroom...". 

These people make me want to vomit. 

Yes, exactly.  These people are obsessed with sex and they think it equals intimacy. Well, it doesn't, especially if it's the sort where one is "serving" the other, or else.  

Marriage is not unlike other relationships. It's very much a two-way street (as a rule), but these people place the whole burden of the marriage on a wife's shoulders. 

Reading that man talking about how men need this "sex vaccination", I had to remember a couple in my parents' church who got married and no more than a year later, the wife was diagnosed with a brain tumor. The tumor was removed but she lost most movement in one side of her body. She was fragile and was often in and out of hospital. Her husband dedicated his life to care for her. He worked wherever he could get a job that provided medical coverage and paid enough to keep food on the table and a roof over their heads, but also gave him the time off when he needed it.  He cared for her until she died of cancer some 15 or 16 years later.  He loved her and she was such a good companion and friend to him. Wherever they went, she'd be leaning heavily on his arm, smiling brightly because he took her everywhere. 

3 minutes ago, Curious said:

The way fundies pull out "proof texts" got me to wondering how is the bible normally read?  How do you know which verses go together vs ones that can "stand alone?"   

A couple of times, I read the Bible like a book all the way. Most of the time, I just read the Gospel for the day. Maybe key texts help them memorize and focus.

For me, the verses that tell a story or major idea should go together. If the book is short like Titus, the verses can be read together. Truth be told, Titus was never given emphasis in our church. The focus was always on the Gospel.

So the other day I looked up Titus2 in my Bible (not, KJV as it is Catholic and a women's devotional Bible, so NOT Lori approved!). I read all of For US because it wasn't long and I wanted some context. Every few pages in my Bible has a meditation section. The one I will post is for Friday. Doesn't matter what Friday, just if you keep going forward you will go through the entire Bible with these devotionals. This is what is said in Titus and notice which verses she pulled out. sounds a bit different than Lori and the Maxwells...20170715_122652.thumb.jpg.edb24875e372faf8d8c8048075faf682.jpg

The author of this passage is Mary Van Barlen Holt. She holds a MA in theology. Witten 4 books, numerous articles along woth all her volunteering. I haven't read anything else of her besides her devotionals in my Bible but I really wish Lori's fan girls and Lori would learn from an educated older woman. 

I guess Lori is still on vacation based on the photos on instagram. Maybe it will be another 7 weeker. 

There is a woman on fb that hasn't been deleted yet with a picture of her original deleted comment. 

13 minutes ago, EowynW said:

Lori is blabbing about her bowel tonic today on insty 

As full of shit as she is, that bowel tonic is probably an absolute necessity for her. :my_dodgy:

These threads move so fast. Given the fact that Lori seems to spew the same old shit day after day I'm surprised she doesn't run out of stuff to say. 

I might take myself off to the archives. Be prepared to send me ferrets armed with tons of chocolate. 

Re: UTI's.  I was having them frequently and landed up at the Urologist.  He recommended cranberry pills dail for prevention.  He said the juice is too sugary and watered down and straight cranberry juice is really gross.  Drink lots of water and pee after sex.  He also gave me an option to take antibiotics  ( 2 pills) after sex.  

They did a test to see if I was not emptying my bladder all the way after peeing.  That FN sucked!  Tube up the pee hole ( he didn't really warn me and I almost punched him).  I was fine but may be something to get ck'd.

Just throwing it out there if it may help someone.

@Beermeet I feel your pain. Literally. I had what my doctor thought was a recurring UTI. We did a culture and I had no bacteria but lots of white blood cells. Saw a urologist and found out I have something call interstitial cystitis. Basically, ulcers in the bladder. It can  feel like a never ending UTI. No more cranberry tablets or acidic fruits which sucks because I love pineapple.

@SuperNova. You poor thing!  Do you constantly have that UTI feeling?  And no pineapple : (

There should be a support group for people who've had things shoved up their pee holes.  Not cool man, not cool.  O.o

2 hours ago, Curious said:

I'm thinking about doing a little project, but want to make sure I understand the right way to pull verses out without making them out of context.

I did learn that chapter numbers do not denote a new topic.  It could still be carried on from the previous chapter. So having a verse in context may go back a few chapters. 

MargMowczko.com  is a great resource for denouncing patriarchy and women's roles in the church. I actually just ordered two books off of Amazon that are both geared toward this. I am excited to read them.

Google is a good resource. Got questions.org  and if you type in any part of a verse and type bible or scripture beside it , it comes up on google on bible sites that give you all the translations/ greek/hebrew and cross referencing verses. It makes things really easy.

@Beermeet A little warning goes a long way when it comes to tubes being shoved into the body. The same goes for when they want to collect tissue samples. "I didn't say anything because I was afraid you would tense up." 

Lori seems excessively fixated on bodily functions. Don't most people outgrow that phase in adolescence? Perhaps she needs a copy of Everybody Poops. 

18 hours ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

These people are really just playthings for her, aren't they? She flicks them around a bit for amusement and then tosses them aside when bored. 

It was Lori who suggested Clear Tract. Sorry, I didn't quote that part put have it fixed now.  I did not know UTIs can be resistant to antibiotics. Sorry, to hear about that. I swear UTIs are worse than child birth. 

Yes. During the last one I had, I was actually doing Lamaze breathing as I waited for the meds to kick in.

26 minutes ago, Beermeet said:

@SuperNova. You poor thing!  Do you constantly have that UTI feeling?  And no pineapple : (

There should be a support group for people who've had things shoved up their pee holes.  Not cool man, not cool.  O.o

I've had catheters many times due to being unable to bear weight after the back surgeries and had one for 8 week the last time I was in a SNF.

Whenever I am annoyed/hurt/etc by a catheter, I like to think of what men go through to be cathed.  It always makes me feel so much better ;)

19 minutes ago, Fluffy14 said:

I did learn that chapter numbers do not denote a new topic.  It could still be carried on from the previous chapter. So having a verse in context may go back a few chapters. 

MargMowczko.com  is a great resource for denouncing patriarchy and women's roles in the church. I actually just ordered two books off of Amazon that are both geared toward this. I am excited to read them.

Google is a good resource. Got questions.org  and if you type in any part of a verse and type bible or scripture beside it , it comes up on google on bible sites that give you all the translations/ greek/hebrew and cross referencing verses. It makes things really easy.

Thanks for the suggestions.  I will check out both those sites :)

I just wanna say that verse Lori uses all the time that she says that GOD COMMANDS the older women to teach the younger woman in my mind is taken out of context by her and her ilk. 

Titus 2:3-5New International Version (NIV)

3 Likewise, teach the older women to be reverent in the way they live, not to be slanderers or addicted to much wine, but to teach what is good. 4 Then they can urge the younger women to love their husbands and children, 5 to be self-controlled and pure, to be busy at home, to be kind, and to be subject to their husbands, so that no one will malign the word of God.

Previous to these verses, the men in the church were being taught how to behave. So he was instructing them on how to choose elders in the church and basically giving them a smackdown.   at the end of chapter one it says this about the current state of the church   (They claim to know God, but by their actions they deny him. They are detestable, disobedient and unfit for doing anything good.)

Clearly the church was having issues. 

So then it moves on to chapter 2 where he addresses the women with a LIKEWISE.   (in the same way)  TEACH THE OLDER WOMEN ..........let that sink in...........TEACH THE OLDER WOMEN.   to be reverent in the way they live . Not to be slanderers and addicted to much wine.

WELL in my mind these women were wild and crazy  gossips , drunks and probably liked to party........and he is saying like the men to knock it off!!!!!!!

Don't behave like that because the young women are watching!!!!!!! And if you are going to church believe the gospel you need to watch yourselves so the young women can learn to love their husbands.........etc etc.  Essentially lead by example....

oooooooooh but by LORI"S version the older women are RIGHT AND ARE COMMANDED TO TEACH THE YOUNGER WOMEN<  Well LORI needs to read in context, and Paul told the men they claimed to know God but by their actions deny him. They are detestable, disobedient and unfit for anything good..........LIKEWISE LORI  you claim to know God but your actions deny him....and this is what you are leading the young women to do.....

You are unfit.

Anyhoooooo this is my rant for the day.....and thankyou LORI for making me go back and read that in context because I actually learned that you are wrong. 

PS: Keepers at home???????? I think those older women were just having too much of a good time....and were not home too much. And maybe that is why they were encouraged to stay home more....not be stuck and home like some subservient.....slave. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived