IGNORED

Aunt Lori Alexander 24: Wearing Shorts and Kicking Cats

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Joyce said:

@Curious We were able to help on the suicide hotline. Maybe we can still help.

Is there a hotline for help on sexual abuse and trauma? 

In my country, we just call the police. 

Maybe this would be some help?  I know it's mainly for reporting abuse of children, but it sounds like they might be able to get her in touch with the right people in her area or send her some literature or...something.

The Childhelp National Child Abuse Hotline 1-800-4-A-CHILD (1-800-422-4453) is dedicated to the prevention of child abuse. Serving the United States, its territories, and Canada, the hotline is staffed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week with professional crisis counselors who, through interpreters, can provide assistance in over 170 languages. The hotline offers crisis intervention, information, literature, and referrals to thousands of emergency, social service, and support resources. All calls are confidential.

45 minutes ago, RebelliousEscapee said:

The entire Claire comment thread is now gone. 

What a bitch.

(not you, @RebelliousEscapee.)

5 minutes ago, Curious said:

At times like this I wish we were better equipped to reach out to these women and get them headed in the right direction, particularly when they finally get up the nerve to ask for help and their posts and any helpful responses are deleted like so much garbage :(

If you and the mods determine a way that FJ can help, then I'm interested in helping. I'm not former fundie or former abuse victim or anything like that. I'm not trained in any profession related to counseling. My only qualification is that I sure as hell wouldn't silence/delete anyone like these women.

Great piece of info there from Anna. She messaged her about the disgusting comments and Lori's response it seems is she doesn't care about the disgusting remarks because it helps to go viral. That is what I took out of it. That basically sums up what we have always thought. The reason she was in no hurry to take those down is because it helps get her more attention. 

Regarding the term "Paulian"...

3 hours ago, SilverBeach said:

Nah, I made it up but it accurately describes Loriken. Your definition is good.

A few threads back, someone mentioned the term " Pauline dispensationalism".

Just now, BlackSheep said:

What a bitch.

(not you, @RebelliousEscapee.)

If you and the mods determine a way that FJ can help, then I'm interested in helping. I'm not former fundie or former abuse victim or anything like that. I'm not trained in any profession related to counseling. My only qualification is that I sure as hell wouldn't silence/delete anyone like these women.

We generally don't get involved in these types of issues for exactly the reasons you state.  None of us are professionals.  However, anyone of us is likely to give better advice than Lori and we wouldn't delete posts like she does.

I have to think about it some more and talk to the legal eagles. 

Wow, Anna comments are gone now within 5 minutes. Was lucky to catch some pure gold there. 

I was thinking about that bible verse of shining light on the dark. When Lori deletes these comment she is casting them into the dark. Luckily, we shine light on them. 

Lori is the type of person that has never really faced any hardship in her life. She's never worried about where the cash for the electric bill, rent, car insurance, groceries, etc. will come from. She's never skipped a meal so her children could have more food. She has no clue what the rest of the world experiences. I fucking hate her guts. 

25 minutes ago, Curious said:

At times like this I wish we were better equipped to reach out to these women and get them headed in the right direction, particularly when they finally get up the nerve to ask for help and their posts and any helpful responses are deleted like so much garbage :(

One of my marriage blogger friends sent her a link to a blog post series that includes information about RAINN. Hopefully she also saw the link to Sheila's blog.

Come to think of it, I bet it was the link to Shelia's that set her off and made her get rid of the whole chain. 

12 minutes ago, Curious said:

We generally don't get involved in these types of issues for exactly the reasons you state.  None of us are professionals.  However, anyone of us is likely to give better advice than Lori and we wouldn't delete posts like she does.

I have to think about it some more and talk to the legal eagles. 

Could we at least post information for RAINN? There's a hotline number on the main page.

33 minutes ago, molecule said:

Could we at least post information for RAINN? There's a hotline number on the main page.

Yes. Although do we (as a group) still support them after that fiasco with the Duggar girls and TLC?

I have vague recollection of that making some members uncomfortable and there being talk of no longer supporting the woman involved.  Does anyone have better memory of that than I do?

I just went left my desktop for a bit, but will add it to the hotline page if no one has any memory of the time I mentioned here

53 minutes ago, BlackSheep said:

Regarding the term "Paulian"...

A few threads back, someone mentioned the term " Pauline dispensationalism".

I didn't see that, but interesting.

I am really REALLY tired of the whole "this is a blog for women" schtick when she has so many male commenters. Does she not see the irony of a man telling her reader that her blog is for women?  Does this feeble brained man not see the irony??? 

I'm tired of her fan girls scolding other women and saying things like "why are you here?" when men are commenting more and more frequently. 

Lori is just getting a big thrill from all these men praising her. She's looking quite desperate. Some of these men (like that creepy Josh) have admitted they are not even married. 

And this guy who is talking about his wife's problem with UTIs??  If Lori had any discretion at all she would not have published that. I'd be mortified, hurt and angry if my husband was sharing such details on a woman's blog. Of course this creep is the one who just wrote that his wife is now "serving him in the bedroom...". 

These people make me want to vomit. 

IMG_7491.PNG

45 minutes ago, SilverBeach said:

I'm not an expert, but I think the gist of dispensational theology is that God has revealed himself to people in different ways at different time periods throughout history.  For example, one dispensation was the age of law; Jesus' death and resurrection fulfilled the law, and we moved into the dispensation of grace. It's the basic theology I grew up with, but I never, EVER heard anyone say Paul's teachings were more important than Jesus'.

According to GotQuestions.org, however, there are some forms of dispensationalism that take things to an unbiblical extreme, believing, for example, that the four gospels were written only for the Jews, and that Christians should focus on Paul's letters and teachings.  Which sheds light on some of Lori's crazy sauce views, for me at least.

12 minutes ago, usmcmom said:

And this guy who is talking about his wife's problem with UTIs??  If Lori had any discretion at all she would not have published that. I'd be mortified, hurt and angry if my husband was sharing such details on a woman's blog. Of course this creep is the one who just wrote that his wife is now "serving him in the bedroom...". 

These people make me want to vomit. 

Everything I saw on her page today made me want to either cry, vomit, or punch something--it was the Lori Alexander trifecta. Between UTI Guy and the abuse heaped on that poor girl (Claire?) I thought she reached some new lows today.

Plus Lori doesn't know or acknowledge that about half of the writings attributed to Paul in the Bible were not written by Paul.  To me this is a huge problem to overcome with the whole Titus nonsense.  That's in addition, of course, to Lori taking it out of the context in which it was even written. 

On 7/12/2017 at 0:32 PM, sawasdee said:

Oh, I miss thrift shops! Or charity shops, as they are usually called in Britain. Here in Thailand, you can get very cheap clothes everywhere - if you are no more than a size 6 - 8. I'm - rather larger. (Thai size - 4 or 5 XL! Size 14 UK, 10 US, is, in many brands, 3XL) I have to buy most of my clothes online, and have them sent to friends who are coming to visit, as the postage is usually at least 4 times the cost of the clothes. A friend on a visit to the UK at present is bringing me new bras I ordered from Amazon.

The only saving grace is that dressmakers are very cheap, and can copy any garment perfectly. Unfortunately, to buy any fabric other than polyester, I have to go to Bangkok - on my last visit, I brought back about 50 metres of yardage, and still haven't had it all made up. Underwear is the difficulty - that they can't make -  I have a friend who visits every year who keeps me in knickers!

If I win the lottery, I'm coming to visit all you thrift shop and used bookstore devotees - we'd have a ball!

Oh, and we don't have coupons here, but occasional specials - 2 for 1 etc - which I hit hard. Just bought 10 litres of apple juice at 2 for 1, with a September expiry date - yeah!

OMG, I love Asian clothes!  They're really inexpensive too, if you know where to get them (EBay).

I love the mori girl thing, the forest mori style is my favorite.  Lots of lace and layers, very girly.  Modest even ;)

You're right about the sizes.  Most brands have size charts but they aren't like western size charts.  They are the measurements of the garment, not the measurements of the wearer.  I  learned that the hard way ;)

2 hours ago, feministxtian said:

Lori is the type of person that has never really faced any hardship in her life. She's never worried about where the cash for the electric bill, rent, car insurance, groceries, etc. will come from. She's never skipped a meal so her children could have more food. She has no clue what the rest of the world experiences. I fucking hate her guts. 

All these working women - of which I am one - that she rants about... many of us (I suspect the vast majority) aren't uppity, non-submissive feminists who are chasing success at the expense of our families. We're trying to put food on the damn table.

2 hours ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

I was thinking about that bible verse of shining light on the dark. When Lori deletes these comment she is casting them into the dark. Luckily, we shine light on them. 

The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it. - John 1:5

...to give light to those who sit in darkness and in the shadow of death, to guide our feet into the way of peace. - Luke 1:79

Oh Lori would be shitting bricks right now. I'm listening to a sermon our pastor preached about husbands. He's already said, more than once, that husbands should ALWAYS love their wives unconditionally. He's going off on husbands who become jerks after the wedding. Yeah, old Loriken would shit talking to Pastor Dave about marriage. 

1 hour ago, Jucifer said:

I love the mori girl thing, the forest mori style is my favorite.  Lots of lace and layers, very girly.  Modest even ;)

I googled mori girl. What a lovely look! Wispy. Dreamy. Feminine. A touch of bohemian. New quest: assemble a mori girl outfit. :my_smile:

2 hours ago, Emilycharlotte said:

Everything I saw on her page today made me want to either cry, vomit, or punch something--it was the Lori Alexander trifecta. Between UTI Guy and the abuse heaped on that poor girl (Claire?) I thought she reached some new lows today.

This.  I said I was going to not look but, I did.  Idk why.  My heart hurts.  To see someone be so dismissive to a victim of childhood torture and rape.  Or any age.   I've never seen such cruelty dished out like that.  Lori and Ken, fuck you.  Heartless waste of air.  

3 hours ago, SilverBeach said:

Search FJ for 'Dispensationalism'. It was in Lori threads 17 and 20, as well as other threads here.

5 hours ago, EowynW said:

Ken and Lori hate her. 

Really? Sheila and Lori used to promote each other on their respective blogs....

2 hours ago, Emilycharlotte said:

According to GotQuestions.org, however, there are some forms of dispensationalism that take things to an unbiblical extreme, believing, for example, that the four gospels were written only for the Jews, and that Christians should focus on Paul's letters and teachings.  Which sheds light on some of Lori's crazy sauce views, for me at least.

I think Lori has said something to that respect. But the Gospels were not only written to the Jews. The gospel of Luke  is addressed to one "Theophilus", who was a gentile.  

I think the words of Jesus may be a major stumbling block to some people who use the Bible to control people.  What do you do with statements such as "do unto others as you would have them do unto you"? Or "love your neighbor as you love yourself", or "if you want to be the greatest in the Kingdom, become the lowliest of servants", or many of the other statements Jesus made.  Following Jesus is not easy. Listening to the Holy Spirit is not easy. For many, it seems a lot easier to pull a whole bunch of rules out of the Bible and live by them (or have everyone else live by them). 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived