IGNORED

Aunt Lori Alexander 24: Wearing Shorts and Kicking Cats

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Curious said:

I've had catheters many times due to being unable to bear weight after the back surgeries and had one for 8 week the last time I was in a SNF.

Whenever I am annoyed/hurt/etc by a catheter, I like to think of what men go through to be cathed.  It always makes me feel so much better

Thanks for the suggestions.  I will check out both those sites

Also CBE & the junia project. 

@BeermeetNow that I know what triggers it, it doesn't hurt like it used to. It's more about flare ups at this point. If I eat vinegar dressing, etc.. I heard that if it gets bad enough the doctor will go in through the urethra and cauterize the inside of your bladder. I will do anything I can to avoid that fun procedure. 

Ha. Pee hole support group. Thats good. We can be founding members. We'll have to think up a logo. 

@Curious I should not have googled male cath procedure. Yikes. 

2 hours ago, Beermeet said:

Re: UTI's.  I was having them frequently and landed up at the Urologist.  He recommended cranberry pills dail for prevention.  He said the juice is too sugary and watered down and straight cranberry juice is really gross.  Drink lots of water and pee after sex.  He also gave me an option to take antibiotics  ( 2 pills) after sex.  

Also, though it pains me to be Lori-approved on this, my frequent UTI's went away when we switched from commercial lube to coconut oil. The change was dramatic. Different pH maybe? I don't know.

And yes, however willing and eager we may be, some of us older folks do need the lube.

14 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

Ha. Pee hole support group. Thats good. We can be founding members. We'll have to think up a logo. 

Well, glad it's not constant and the cure sounds awful.

As far as mascots go for the pee hole support group, this came to mind.  Not really to the point but it cracks me up!

@older than allosaurs. That's good to know!  I've never used it for anything.  Is it sticky, does it smell like coconuts?

2 hours ago, Fluffy14 said:

I just wanna say that verse Lori uses all the time that she says that GOD COMMANDS the older women to teach the younger woman in my mind is taken out of context by her and her ilk. 

Titus 2:3-5New International Version (NIV)

3 Likewise, teach the older women to be reverent in the way they live, not to be slanderers or addicted to much wine, but to teach what is good. 4 Then they can urge the younger women to love their husbands and children, 5 to be self-controlled and pure, to be busy at home, to be kind, and to be subject to their husbands, so that no one will malign the word of God.

And actually, these verses don't command older women to teach younger women. The command is to the church, to tell the church to teach old women to live better and to teach what is good and to urge younger women to live better. This passage doesn't directly tell women to do anything at all. As a Christian, I believe that it is telling me to teach younger women (now that I'm old), but given how legalistic Lori is, I sometimes want to challenge her on this.

I get so tired of Lori and others talking about God Commanding when they are quoting Paul.

I don't equate Paul with God.

I know, I know, fundies say the bible is divinely inspired, blah, blah, blah, but Paul still isn't God.

3 hours ago, kpmom said:

I get so tired of Lori and others talking about God Commanding when they are quoting Paul.

They quote Paul all the time, thing is they take it all out of context. NONE of them do the required study to really understand what's being talked about. 

Lori created a blog and then self-published a book to appear credible. She uses carefully-selected verses to maintain a persona of authority and wisdom. She uses sensationalism and exaggeration and to attract attention.

She meticulously curates comments to maintain her persona. Supportive comments remain to show that she has followers. Troll comments remain because they make her look persecuted. Intelligent comments that ask questions and open discussions are deleted because her beliefs don't stand up to scrutiny. Worst of all, comments requesting serious help due to suicidal thoughts, possible abuse, etc., are deleted because... well, I guess because she's an uncaring egomaniac. And probably because such comments actually require work instead of just selling her product: godly womanhood.

There's no need to peek behind the curtain to see that the Great and Powerful Lori is not what she claims to be. No, it's all right there in the open. Her words and actions and self-contradictions - and a few candid pictures of how she actually dresses - show that her persona is false and self-serving. She cares more about going viral than she does about the women that she claims to mentor.

The comments who really need serious help are deleted because somewhere deep down inside she knows she has zero clue as to how to actually help someone in that bad a situation, she literally doesn't even know what to say.  She can't give them any actual advice or help beyond quoting Bible verses so she deletes so she doesn't look bad for being completely unable to provide "mentoring" to women who are in desperate need of actual serious help. 

I continue to struggle with understanding how Lori's blog would help lead someone to Christ. If you are questioning, or a new believer, and you happened upon this website you would run away. It is so hostile. There is nothing compassionate about it. How is Lori supposed to teach younger women if she won't allow them to communicate with her? 

She really drives me up the wall. It is so sad to such internalized misogyny. 

14 hours ago, EowynW said:

that is a beautiful story. That is marriage. That is love. 

Yes, it is!  Thankfully, I see a lot more of the kind of marriage where people just love each other and accept each other, without the constant power struggle that Lori and Ken teach.  Most marriages do fine with nobody "leading" and "submitting", but rather, partnering with each other and working towards a life together where both are fulfilled and happy. 

23 hours ago, Fluffy14 said:

I just wanna say that verse Lori uses all the time that she says that GOD COMMANDS the older women to teach the younger woman in my mind is taken out of context by her and her ilk.

Spot on, @Fluffy14.  The older generations are supposed to be living examples and then they can teach the younger generations. 

Besides, the  older women are told to teach what is good, not to sit at home all day passing judgment, flaunting their possessions and writing letter after letter, or blog post after blog  post, urging younger women to shut up and submit and not be like all those other "women today".  Lori teaches husband idolatry,  refers her readers to Michael Pearl's teachings, not Jesus, and even ridicules women for wanting to get closer to Jesus.  I don't know how she (or anyone else) can still think she's teaching sound doctrine. 

Your analysis of this passage reveals exactly what is wrong with most of the doctrine these people teach. First, they misunderstand the passages (knowingly or not), then they teach their misunderstanding as truth and refuse to be told they might not be right. 

All the women who follow her are responsible for themselves too but they are choosing to be blinded by Lori's "teaching".  It's sad to watch. 

14 hours ago, BlackSheep said:

She cares more about going viral than she does about the women that she claims to mentor.

@BlackSheep, I couldn't agree more.  Your whole post is spot on, but this is probably the best explanation for Lori's behavior. 

More now-deleted comments from the rebellious women Facebook post.

Spoiler

IMG_1345.thumb.PNG.cd03187695016f037fc33675bd2dc068.PNG

Spoiler

IMG_1346.thumb.PNG.11af7ea89e79f9e47a11a792da88517e.PNG

Spoiler

IMG_1347.thumb.PNG.28d91acda476097abfe9b7a4995d70d5.PNG

Lori:

She is full of strife. She quarrels and argues about many things because she is selfish and wants her own way. She is not fun to live with but makes everyone’s life miserable with her unhappiness, moodiness, and discontent. She is critical and finds fault with almost everything and everyone.

Yeah, that pretty much sums it up.

The Highlight of the Week, from a comment that Lori deleted...

IMG_3783.PNG.6c1746ba1d62e7de27a8247a07d740d7.PNG

7 hours ago, SusanDelgado said:

The comments who really need serious help are deleted because somewhere deep down inside she knows she has zero clue as to how to actually help someone in that bad a situation, she literally doesn't even know what to say.  She can't give them any actual advice or help beyond quoting Bible verses so she deletes so she doesn't look bad for being completely unable to provide "mentoring" to women who are in desperate need of actual serious help. 

But how hard can it be to say 'call the police', 'call this helpline', 'go to hospital', 'read this book', 'get professional marriage therapy'. She could add 'I will pray for you and let us know how you get on'. 

If she was interested in helping these women, there is plenty she could do.

I have just started reading a Christian book on depression in women written by a couple who  both have PhDs in psychology ('unveiling depression in women'). I read only one or two chapters so far, but already several times I have come across one of the authors saying; ' If you experience this you should be assessed by a professional' of 'Go to E&R immediately if you experience this' or 'this condition responds best to medication'.

The authors are not interested in being the people whose teaching changes lives, but to point women in pain to a place of healing. Are you reading Lori?

Today's post is by a guest, Celina Hernandez. "Were we created to marry young?

Not long ago it was the norm in America (and still is in a good part of the world) to be having sex (and having children) at sixteen years old. Our grandparents (or great-grandparents for the younger ladies) were married with several children by the time they were 19-20. And so it has been since the dawn of time up until about 50 years ago.

Except, not really. One thing my family history research (I'm back to the 17th century now with most of my lines) has shown me is that most women were at least 18 to 20 years of age before they got married, many older than that. It's an old myth that women married extremely young. A few did, yes, but it was never the 'norm.'

There is nothing wrong with having sex at age 16 if you are married. It is not the age that is the problem. It is that we have stigmatized young people to believe that they are incapable of commitment. Society sold the lie to “live it up” first and not get tied down young. Yet we can look to our grandparents lives – many married at 16 and married for 65 years, and their parents before them and so on. They lived and loved fully and richly, and worked hard, giving their lives beauty and meaning. Instinctively we (society) sense they had it better somehow- that they were more fulfilled despite having less materially and having to work harder- but the “why’s” are elusive to the majority, even to those in the church.

And yet...how many 16 year olds--then or now--are remotely capable of living on their own, making enough money to be independent of their parents?

The American culture of late age (if any) marriage with impossibly long courtships is a sure recipe for fornication for even the godliest of people. It’s unnatural and nearly impossible. I will be encouraging my children to find godly mates young.

As young as 16? So much for at least finishing high school, then, and forget about college. And what will the young husbands do for a living? :pb_rollseyes:

We need to return to God's order.

In other words, if you argue with me, you're arguing with GOD. She's clearly been reading Lori for awhile now.  :my_dodgy:

3 minutes ago, Loveday said:

Today's post is by a guest, Celina Hernandez. "Were we created to marry young?

Except, not really. One thing my family history research (I'm back to the 17th century now with most of my lines) has shown me is that most women were at least 18 to 20 years of age before they got married, many older than that. It's an old myth that women married extremely young. A few did, yes, but it was never the 'norm.'

And yet...how many 16 year olds--then or now--are remotely capable of living on their own, making enough money to be independent of their parents?

As young as 16? So much for at least finishing high school, then, and forget about college. And what will the young husbands do for a living? :pb_rollseyes:

In other words, if you argue with me, you're arguing with GOD. She's clearly been reading Lori for awhile now.  :my_dodgy:

Let's conveniently forget about all the differences between people, such as their level of maturity, social network, living situation, economic status, access to health care, academic ambitions, mental health, and assume God wants all of them to marry at sixteen. Yep, that sounds like a solution to just about all problems in society. The author deserves a Nobel prize!

Apart from the (I'd think obvious) educational and financial issues surrounding teen pregnancy, married or not, there are also quite a few physical issues involved. Just because a girl is ovulating/menstruating does NOT mean she is perfectly capable of carrying and delivering the same healthy baby she could have at 20+. 

Dangers associated with teen pregnancy include: 

• Low birth weight
  • Higher risk of infant mortality (more likely to die in the first year of life)
  • Higher risk of chronic medical conditions
  • Higher risk of cognitive delays

http://youth.gov/youth-topics/teen-pregnancy-prevention/adverse-effects-teen-pregnancy

Because teens develop at different rates, those without fully developed pelvises or who are under 18 are more likely to have extremely serious complications, such as: 

• Premature labor
  • Prolonged labor
  • Obstructed labor
  • Fistula
  • Pre eclampsia and eclampsia
  • Maternal death

http://www.factsforlifeglobal.org/01/1.html

But hey, this is God's  Lori's way, right? So no EXCEPTIONS!

Au contraire, @polecat. Celina Hernandez says:

The undisputed optimal age biologically for a woman to have a baby is around age 16.

UNDISPUTED! Because disputing her is disputing God! And even more important, Lori!

And Lori's already busy with her delete finger. At least one comment in disagreement has been zapped. Sunday morning, she's on vacation, and yet she's hunched over her smartphone, furiously eliminating all opposition. Tell you one thing, if I were vacationing for seven weeks on a lake in Wisconsin, my phone would have long ago died and would now be floating around in the bottom of my purse, completely forgotten. :pb_rollseyes: 

I wonder if someone told her that "Blessed be the fruit" is not a compliment?

As I haven't gotten around to learning how to post screenshots* of excellent comments yet :pb_redface:, this will have to do:

There is no biblical basis in these opinions to be married at 16. And many men in the Bible had multiple wives. I had a pastor once tell me, just because it's in the Bible does not mean we should follow. Rape, murder, lying, stealing are all part of biblical stories, but dies not instruct us to follow.

Either it will be zapped asap, or the Horse of Truth will canter in and do some wordy 'splainin.' 

*I did printscreen it, though, so will try to play around with it later today when I get home again

Some screenshots from the Facebook page

image.thumb.jpg.add6dbb17f892506bbdb17c2e94783b6.jpg

Screenshot of comments on guest post "Were We Created to Marry Young?"

Spoiler

image.thumb.jpg.9a85b0d48cedf5e755220fb21859ea48.jpg

Spoiler

image.thumb.jpg.f0a5b3ad5d398509abd4301760247b12.jpg

This guest post does not give any scriptural or biological basis. Teenage pregnancies are correlated with higher infant and maternal mortalities. Do Celina and Lori want more mothers and babies to die because of their beliefs?

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived