IGNORED

Aunt Lori Alexander 24: Wearing Shorts and Kicking Cats

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Spoiler

5) History tell us that men have produced the vast majority of civilizational advancements when motivated by the desire to provide for their families. Societies are safer, more productive, more innovative, and more stable when men apply their specific manly skills to the problems their society faces. The greater aggression, strength, and focus of men are a huge advantage when applied to the workforce, technology, protection of the weak, and many other areas that require men to leave the home and work. Women simply don't have the same skills or the same drive.

Wow.... Everytime I come to Lori (or TAM) related threads, I'm beyond words for the kind of "logic" these women show. Everytime I think that they can't be serious about what they're saying, how their arguments lack proof, common sense and historical/ scientific facts. When confronted about that, the other person is aaalwaaays wrong and atacking them. I'm on FJ for maybe a year now and I'm still surprized about the extend of stupidity and arrogance of these people who call themselves as Christians but who are the complete opposite of that...

22 minutes ago, BrandoBarks said:
  Reveal hidden contents

5) History tell us that men have produced the vast majority of civilizational advancements when motivated by the desire to provide for their families. Societies are safer, more productive, more innovative, and more stable when men apply their specific manly skills to the problems their society faces. The greater aggression, strength, and focus of men are a huge advantage when applied to the workforce, technology, protection of the weak, and many other areas that require men to leave the home and work. Women simply don't have the same skills or the same drive.

Wow.... Everytime I come to Lori (or TAM) related threads, I'm beyond words for the kind of "logic" these women show. Everytime I think that they can't be serious about what they're saying, how their arguments lack proof, common sense and historical/ scientific facts. When confronted about that, the other person is aaalwaaays wrong and atacking them. I'm on FJ for maybe a year now and I'm still surprized about the extend of stupidity and arrogance of these people who call themselves as Christians but who are the complete opposite of that...

Who came up with that nonsense?  As a member of the female gender, I can guarantee you that I am driven by the need to provide for my family.  I work 12 hours a day.  I could certainly go out and find a job that would require less overtime, but the company I work for provides good insurance and good pay.  I stay here, in a location I hate, and work obscene hours because my kids need me too.

I might also add that most of the pillaging, raping, and war making are also done by men.  Men have been responsible for most of the advances and ills of the world because they held all the power, not because they were better at civilization building or technology inventing.

• 2 weeks later...

Continued from here:

Sorry this one took a couple min. I locked the other thread and then my internet went out cos thunderstorm.

I can't believe Ken AND Lori decide on something together! My my! I get lambasted in the comments if I bring up that my husband and I work together to make decisions. 

So, this summer, my city is going to be smack in the line of a solar eclipse. And I'm not going to get to see it because I've been blinded by Lori's moon.

:obscene-buttmoon:

Gosh darnit , Lori!!!!

Lori will likely write a post to explain that she was on vacation with her family and wearing what Ken wanted her to wear. She'll complain about having her privacy invaded; she'll say that even though the pictures were posted on a visible social media account, that was her private family time and she wasn't the one who chose to post the pictures.

If it were anyone other than Lori, I would agree with her. However, Lori has frequently made the decision to bring other people's "sins" into the public eye, solely for the purpose of shaming those individuals or using them as object lessons regarding what she sees as sins. Her son's high school classmates have had their prom dress pictures posted and trashed on her blog. The neighbor whose daughter makes swimsuits or thongs or whatever has been shamed. She constantly holds herself above all others as a paragon of wifehood, largely by bashing others who see things differently. 

She has chosen to place herself in the public eye, and she therefore will be under more scrutiny than most. Her hypocrisy is constant and all-encompassing. She isn't a hypocrite only when it comes to modesty. She advises men on their rights, even as she denounces women who teach men. She says that women are more easily deceived than men, yet she disagrees with or deletes comments from men who disagree with her. She preaches submission but provides one example after another of the ways she disagrees with Ken and gets her way. She babbles on about "winning him without a word" (completely misusing and misinterpreting the verse), all while responding to genuine questions and discussion with rudeness. She shames women who are immodest, yet we have seen frequent examples of her own lack of modest clothing (Door County vacation shots aside). She disregards any reason women might want to do something other than care for their husbands, homes, and children, even if the women believe God has called them to a particular work. At the same time, she spends hours and hours writing blog posts and monitoring her chat room rather than caring for her own home and family. And she has never demonstrated an iota of compassion for anyone other than herself.

If the shorts in the vacation pictures were a rare example of hypocricy, I would think it was unfair to be sharing them. But because it is Lori, and it is YET ONE MORE EXAMPLE of how she doesn't practice what she preaches, it serves her right.

What I would love to see is for Ken to genuinely be the Command Man she says he is and tell her to take a four-month break from her blog and social media. He should tell her to seek a woman to mentor her specifically in ministry, because she has been easily deceived about her own message and how she teaches. I don't think that's likely to happen, unfortunately. Even if it did, she would blame it all on feminists and trolls and evil people (a la Cabinetman's "today the feminists found us").

I'm trying to understand why she deleted this comment left under the "women should always sacrifice" notebook doodle. 

Screenshot_2017-07-08-11-59-34.png

@TeddyBonkers

Ha! I saved that one too with the though she might delete it. It made too much sense. 

She just posted on facebook an old post about clean homes. It has this famous line in it...

As you can see in the picture above, I don't have granite counter tops or stainless steel appliances which I don't care about at all. I love my kitchen and I know I am blessed. However, it ALWAYS looks better when it is clean and tidy. My Mom and Dad lived in a condemned building when they first got married, but she kept it neat and tidy and made it into a home.

She doesn't have much sense on timing. 

29 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

She doesn't have much sense. on timing

Fixed that for ya. 

@TeddyBonkers likely because she's very anti women's retreats. 

I beg to differ with Lori's assertion in the last thread that few men lust after hair. I have had very long hair and it was the source of a LOT of attention, wanted and unwanted, from men. 

Moderators in the Facebook chat room are sending friend requests to protect the privacy of the group. If members do not accept the friend request within a certain time, they will be deleted. If they do not have a friend request option, they will also be deleted.

14 minutes ago, Joyce said:

Moderators in the Facebook chat room are sending friend requests to protect the privacy of the group. If members do not accept the friend request within a certain time, they will be deleted. If they do not have a friend request option, they will also be deleted.

Protect the martyr at all costs I see.

For what it’s worth, you can always accept it, and add them to the list of people who can’t see stuff on your Facebook.

Or use a sock. [emoji85]

I wonder what mental gymnastics Lori's fan girls are using over the picture of her in shorts. 

1 hour ago, quiversR4hunting said:

Amazon book reviews has 2 new pictures. 

Hide contents

Spoiler

Bwha-ha-ha!

37 minutes ago, BlackSheep said:

Question:

Hide contents

Lori can't delete Amazon reviews, but can she delete photos there?

Idk but I like your thinking!

I was so startled to see she is in Wisconsin. It's to close for comfort for me. I didn't know people outside the Midwest went there. Shhhh, it's supposed to be a secret! That and the shores of Michigan.

Spoiler

In the Facebook chat room, people are asking the purpose and the period for accepting friend requests from moderators. How does having access to members' interaction in Facebook protect privacy in the chat room?

@Grimalkin I have been to the shores of Michigan in the middle of winter.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived