IGNORED

Aunt Lori Alexander 24: Wearing Shorts and Kicking Cats

I had knee surgery yesterday and am home on the couch; my mind dancing around with FJ and Percocet.  This may explain my unrelated question:  Has Lori ever mentioned a friend?  A physical, non-Facebook, phone to chat, meet for lunch, non-related friend?  

Off to nap . . . 

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, usmcmom said:

The point is, LORI, that not everybody lives in an area where they can walk outside all year or go to a Farmers' market most months. Many of us do, however, live where women don't run around half naked like they appear to do in Californaia. 

Trust me, I live near Lori and the only people running around half naked are in Lori's mind with an occasional exception.  I did see someone in Target in what looked like PJ shorts and sleep tank a few weeks ago. 

Just now, Coconut Flan said:

Trust me, I live near Lori and the only people running around half naked are in Lori's mind with an occasional exception.  I did see someone in Target in what looked like PJ shorts and sleep tank a few weeks ago. 

I get it. I have always just assumed all this near nudity was in her mind. She seeks it out because she knows Ken is seeking it out, in my opinion. 

2 hours ago, EowynW said:

I am not meat. I am not an investment. According to my husband I am EwoynW. Badass, warrior woman & sexy as hell. Even 80 pounds overweight. 

This topic is insanely difficult to me as I get flashbacks to my dad saying "I'd never get a husband if I let myself go like that." 

i hear you sister!  I was skinny growing up and my parents still would make comments like that.   I would make myself throw up sometimes and count myself very lucky I didn't get full on bulimic.

Now,  I'm 50 lbs.over my "normal" weight and have never felt more comfortable in my own skin.  My dad actually  called me saying he hates to see me this way and offered to buy me nutrisystem.  That hurt.  He's no one to talk, being an out of shape alchoholic.

Botton line, love people for who they are!  And, keep your thoughts to yourself.

Reader:

I still fix food for my 18 year old son. I fix it at the same time that I fix his father’s plate. Yes, he can do it himself and has, but I enjoy serving them both. At family gatherings, I am usually the one that fixes everyone their plate of dessert as well. I don’t have a problem with it. My son does know how to wash clothes ect… but he mainly does as Lori described– the heavy lifting, yard work ect… Honestly, I feel like he has to see enough “gender equality” mess in the real world. I have no problem being a servant, it is what I was created for– to serve my husband, so it just overflows to our son.

An 18 year old making is own plate of food is "gender equality mess"?  Lady, please spare us all another spoiled MRA, and let your son learn to do for himself.  He's going grow up to expect to be obeyed, worshiped, and waited on hand and foot.  You aren't doing him any favors.

Don't get me wrong- it's fine to do things for your children, but as a general rule, they need to learn to do for themselves.  Thinking of their mother as a servant, is an injustice to both mother and child.  

Goodness, I can't imagine raising my children to think of me as a servant...just crazy talk.

Yet another reader:

I have been teaching my kids (5 and 8) “independence” and they will make their own food at times (cereal or sandwiches). Should I be preparing their food for them instead? Sometimes I make up their beds for them. Is this good to do or should I have them do it? I never thought about serving them too much and when/when not to until this post.

#1 Lori is no parenting expert.

#2 An 8 year old is perfectly capable of pouring cereal or making a sandwich.  The 5 year old might need some help...just depends on the child.

Does this lady really think she should stop teaching her children to do basic things, so they can know Mama is nothing more than a maid?  I mean, come on....

#3 An 8 year old is MORE than capable of making their own bed.  A 5 year old should be learning.  You show them what to do, and learn to overlook the fact that it won't look perfect.  

Geez, this is just common sense.  Why on earth would this woman think Lori is qualified to raise her children?  She was an awful mom.

Lori:

My children made their own beds but I fixed their food for them. 

I guarantee you that Lori fixed plates in order to control portions.  She didn't even bother to cook (another thing she was too sick to do), so it's a stretch to believe she made her children's  plates in the name of being a servant.  She wanted to have control of every bite they took.

I'd croak if I got to the counter and that was all I had for $27. That's hardly no food at all.  We've gone from very low income to comfortable but I still grocery shop on the very cheap, which doesn't include two lunches worth of organic produce for almost $30.

Just my own experience here, but virtually all the men I know who have dumped their wives (in most cases, for other women) were married to slim, conventionally pretty women. The most devoted husbands I know are married to plain Janes who don't meet Lori's body standards.

42 minutes ago, Hane said:

Just my own experience here, but virtually all the men I know who have dumped their wives (in most cases, for other women) were married to slim, conventionally pretty women. The most devoted husbands I know are married to plain Janes who don't meet Lori's body standards.

It's almost like ... there's more to love and attraction than ... the outer package?

But no, that can't be!

Because Lori says so!

Well, The Godly Gossip ignored Brian's second comment, but after one too many people agreed with him, Ken rode in on The Horse of TRUTH!

Ken's full comment:

Spoiler

Brian H, I am not sure who you are referring to as “We as Christians keep the mindset going by telling men they are weak slaves to their sex drive.” I certainly agree with you that Christian are not weak, and are no longer slaves to sin, and are freed from sin, so even if sexual sins are one a man’s greatest temptations and struggles, just a woman’s may be her emotional nature, all Christians can and should walk in the Spirit and be freed from sin.

I also don’t know who would be telling Christian men that “the responsibility for keeping them in line is all on women for how they dress and act.” I have never heard this before in my many years as a Christian. Women do have a responsibility for how they dress and act, and men a responsibility to look away or ignore sexually teasing behaviors outside of marriage. And this is what Lori is teaching to the women who read her.

Perhaps you are just using exaggeration to make your points, but we are freed from sin and responsible to walk in the Spirit, and a part of walking in the Spirit is not being a stumbling block, which some women want to believe is all on the man to ignore her sexually attractive dress and behaviors. Let’s teach each party to own their own sins, which I think on balance is what is being taught to men and women alike in the church.

The highlights:

Ken

Brian H, I am not sure who you are referring to as “We as Christians keep the mindset going by telling men they are weak slaves to their sex drive.”

Ken, I assume he is referring to Lori, who frequently asserts just that.  In fact, she's even implied that very thing- about you!

I also don’t know who would be telling Christian men that “the responsibility for keeping them in line is all on women for how they dress and act.” I have never heard this before in my many years as a Christian.

Um, do you even read Lori's blog?  She has clearly stated that if a woman is dressed in a way that she deems immodest, and a man lusts after her, she is partly responsible for his sin. 

6 hours ago, feministxtian said:

Don't know where she got her veggies but I think she got ripped off. We went bonkers at Sprouts yesterday. Blueberries (YUM), bananas, avocado, apples, onions, tomatoes, lettuce and spinach leaves...and our favorite quick dinner stuff, bacon and milk. 50bucks. Oh, and gummi bears and honey roasted peanuts too. 

Again, that dumb bitch has NO CLUE how to stretch a buck to make it scream.

I was thinking the exact.same.thing.  Lazy Lori needs to find a Sprouts. I spent $50 there today too, and came home with four recyclable shopping bags filled so heavily that my husband had to help me lift them out of the back of my car (still have lifting limits after a lumpectomy). And then spent a couple of hours cleaning and chopping and storing all the produce I had bought. Oh, and that included $7 in chicken breast (on sale) and nearly four pounds of dark chocolate covered almonds (also on sale), which my husband loves and which will last him about 3 months and are much healthier for him than other things he might reach for when he wants a snack. That means the produce I bought cost about...$27, like Lazy Lori's, but was at least three times as much. 

Lazy Lori has NO idea how to shop. She's never needed to. But she could at least realize how privileged she is and stop giving useless advice to women struggling on one Godly income with eleventy blessings. 

Few things.

My brother is 18 and hasn't made dinner ever, really, unless it's sticking a ready meal in a microwave. Mainly because he can't be arsed. He will be (hopefully) going to university in September so mum is planning to teach him some basic dishes. 

I've been losing weight lately. I put it on when I started university and was firmly in the overweight BMI range. I'm single so not losing for anyone, I just want to be healthier and not a UK size 14 (which I believe is 10 in the US?) Apparently it's totally normal to put on weight when you're in a relationship/married. 

Unrelated, but... where does the Horse of TRUTH thing come from? I know he's an inactive FJ member, but where's the phrase from? Is it FJ-coined?

Unrelated, but... where does the Horse of TRUTH thing come from? I know he's an inactive FJ member, but where's the phrase from? Is it FJ-coined?

I think it was something Ken said in the comments on Lori's old blog.

On 10.7.2017 at 6:51 PM, Celtic Rose said:

most  just want to "grow closer to Jesus" There are plenty of older women but I was told not to teach submission at this church.

So being mentored by Lori is more important than growing closer to Jesus

Matthew 11:   28 Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy to bear, and the burden I give you is light.”

That statement you shared up there really grieves me.  Lori should be directing women to Jesus, telling them to get closer to Him and find their rest in Him. Besides, if women are to do what Lori says they should do, they are going to need the strength only Jesus can give.  Thing is, the Holy Spirit may impress something completely different on them.

Jesus again: Luke 10

38 As Jesus and the disciples continued on their way to Jerusalem, they came to a certain village where a woman named Martha welcomed him into her home. 39 Her sister, Mary, sat at the Lord’s feet, listening to what he taught. 40 But Martha was distracted by the big dinner she was preparing. She came to Jesus and said, “Lord, doesn’t it seem unfair to you that my sister just sits here while I do all the work? Tell her to come and help me.”

41 But the Lord said to her, “My dear Martha, you are worried and upset over all these details! 42 There is only one thing worth being concerned about. Mary has discovered it, and it will not be taken away from her.

The ESV translation puts verse 42 like this:  one thing is necessary. Mary has chosen the good portion, which will not be taken away from her.”

It appears Jesus himself places more weight on getting closer to Him than on doing stuff. In her sister's home, Mary chose to sit at Jesus' feet and listen to Him. I really hope Lori's followers start waking up because they are following a blind leader and they are becoming as awful and misleading as she is.  

Thank you, @BlackSheep. Maybe I should just drop those verses on her link to that post on facebook. Although it's probably too late now that they have a brand new post rehashing one of their reasons to show disdain at "women today".  

Neither Lori nor Ken gives a rats arse about Jesus. They are Paulians. How could any legit Christian show disdain for growing closer to Jesus? She wants all eyes on her! Egomaniac. And false teacher. 

I Wiki-ed the guy that she quoted in her doodle today:

Armand M. Nicholi, M.D., Jr. is a clinical professor of psychiatry at Harvard Medical School and the Massachusetts General Hospital. His clinical work and research has focused on the impact of absent parents on the emotional development of children and young adults. He is the editor and coauthor of the classic The Harvard Guide to Psychiatry (3rd edition, 1999). He was also a founding board member of the Family Research Council.

39 minutes ago, SilverBeach said:

They are Paulians.

No snark....is this a real thing?

I know even my recovering Catholic self was shocked when Ken said Jesus was wrong, but are there people who just follow Paul and ignore the rest (I'm assuming that is the rough definition of Paulian).

Longtime reader to Brian:

Have you considered starting a blog? I ask because it seems you have a lot you want to say to married couples and this blog is mostly limited to an older woman teaching us younger women (which I appreciate because so precious few older women have made themselves as available to help us younger women).

Sorry reader, but Lori has staunchly defended men like Trey, Dave, Rob, and Cabinetman when they commented on her blog.  In fact, she's encouraged it, often making their comments into posts.  According to The Godly Mentor, you should be learning from Brian, not trying to shove him out the door.  If you disagree with him, it may be because you have an easily deceived woman brain....sorry about that.  

On that note, it's interesting that this particular long time reader has never objected to the MRA that comment nearly daily on Lori's blog.

In any case, it's a little late to clutch your pearls and cry, "It's just us girls, here!".  Nice try, though.:pb_rollseyes:

Lori's official policy on the men she teaches:

Yes, some men do read my blog and comment on it. I am aware of this but their comments that I allow on my blog are usually teaching comments from godly men who add to what I have taught. I appreciate their input. Ken writes for my blog once in a while for a male perspective. There’s nothing wrong with us learning from men. 

Lori is back on her "give your husband sex" soapbox today. Should be an interesting comment day.  Please get screenshots if you can. 

I think Lori would hate this ad I just saw on TV.  It was a new ad for Reynolds Wrap aluminum foil. It's got a 50s vintage voiceover over a contemporary family.  The husband is taking a foil-covered casserole out of the oven when the breadwinner, his wife, comes home from work.  Then you don't see the family gathered around the dining room table, but see mom handing packets of foil wrapped food to the kids in the car.

The reasons noted in 1 Corinthians 7 for getting married in the first place were to “avoid fornication” (7:2) and for lack of self-control (7:5).

Going all the way back to Genesis ("Let's start at the very beginning, a very good place to start"), you'll see God saying that it's not good for man to be alone. And that, my friend, is the reason for marriage.

Not sex. 

If you read the Song of Songs, you'll see that ancient Israelites were having all kinds of sexy sex outside of marriage. A whole lotta fornicatin' going on. 

Butt out of people's beds, Lori. I know yours is dry and deadly dull, but seriously, gtfo of other people's beds. If they have sex problems, they need to see their doctors or licensed marriage therapists not some crackpot loon online. 

Mr. EW was horrified when I asked him if sex was one of the top reasons he married me more. Hell no, he said. He married me because I was his best friend and I didn't want to go through life without me, and he loves the companionship and having someone to experience life with. Sex isn't even in the top five. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived