IGNORED

Joe and Kendra 3: Running Toward Marriage

Coconut Flan

I keep wanting to purchase one of those word signs that are so popular at the moment and send it to them. It would have that brilliant quote on it:

"Faith is like a penis. Perfectly okay to have, perfectly okay to be proud of. Never okay to whip it out in public and shove it down people's throats."

In a beautiful cursive type script or something. Can't you just picture it?

In other news, my "nice Christian gentleman" isn't talking to me any longer you'll be pleased to know. Seems he's not as interested in idle conversation as he said - at least not since I refused to talk religion with him and suggested he may wish to befriend Mr MIO too. ...funny that ;)

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any speculation on where JoKen will honeymoon? I think it will be lowkey and not a TLC-filmed multi-continent extravaganza. Perhaps Florida.

39 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Any speculation on where JoKen will honeymoon? I think it will be lowkey and not a TLC-filmed multi-continent extravaganza. Perhaps Florida.

Bless Kendra's heart, she doesn't need to be filmed right after the dirty deed for the first time. She'll be shell-shocked like Jinger!!

18 hours ago, MadeItOut said:

I keep wanting to purchase one of those word signs that are so popular at the moment and send it to them. It would have that brilliant quote on it:

"Faith is like a penis. Perfectly okay to have, perfectly okay to be proud of. Never okay to whip it out in public and shove it down people's throats."

They probably wouldn't even notice what it said it at first, then get a nice surprise when Jessa comes over to decorate boss their house.  I was at a fundie-lite wedding earlier in the summer and those hand-painted quote on wood signs were the go-to wedding gift.  It seemed like every other couple carried one in.  The poor bride and groom won't ever have enough wall space for all of those signs.  Now that I think of it, why hasn't Sierra started making and hawking those?  

Sure, send a sign in beautiful cursive handwriting.  Most of the Duggar kids, if any, can probably read cursive, much less write it.

I dare someone to send them a framed beautifully written statement, on a background of a clear blue sky with puffy white clouds in the distance.  

Send it with a note that says, "Dearest Joe and Kendra, Many blessings on your marriage.  Here is a plaque that has one of my favorite verses on it, regarding the fulsome love that our Lord has for His people.  May you always know His blessings and His teachings.

The plaque would read:

"Cogitare 1:1  So sayeth unto you, I love and cherish all of My people.  Therefore, your differently gendered brethren and sisters are as dear to My heart as are yourselves.  Welcome them, and rejoice in the happy companionship of them.  So sayeth I, so shall it be."

It would be a hoot to see them proudly put on the wall and never realize what it was actually saying.

25 minutes ago, freshlemonade said:

I was at a fundie-lite wedding earlier in the summer and those hand-painted quote on wood signs were the go-to wedding gift.  It seemed like every other couple carried one in.

This seems like an odd choice to me... it's not even practical. Are they inexpensive? Sorry kind of off topic I know but I'm just very curious. Seems to me that the fundy types usually boast about thier practically quite a bit, I would think thier gifts would reflect that.

@Daisy0322 they signs I'm referencing are very inexpensive to make.  They are basically a painted piece of wood pallet with an inspirational quote or bible verse painted on them.    They are incredibly popular where I'm from.  And funnily enough, super popular with both religious types and wine drinkers.  Lots of places host sign-painting/wine drinking events.  

Spoiler

35fee363a363a4dafdb50404c7ac66eb--pallet

Spoiler

91f1fac3b98fff6844d9df29b6f38b8a--painte

And in ten years you will see tons if those signs at garage sales!!!!   

Shit there's even an MLM for them. A friend of mine does this on the side and actually does make a few bucks on each one. 

12 minutes ago, Timetostoplurking said:

They're already all over the local Goodwill/Salvation Army stores here...

4 hours ago, kachuu said:

Bless Kendra's heart, she doesn't need to be filmed right after the dirty deed for the first time. She'll be shell-shocked like Jinger!!

NAH, Jing rocked that JBF look, and it looked like she enjoyed it very much.  That is what happens when you marry a man vs a fundy boy, whose never even been allowed to look at his penis much less use it.

Just now, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

NAH, Jing rocked that JBF look, and it looked like she enjoyed it very much.

Over here spitting out my coffee at that comment. LOL

22 hours ago, MadeItOut said:

Or how about some needlework? I recently discovered subversive cross stitch.

Stick them with the pointy end and all that.

d6c22450f63187e69fa42296bda2e970--subversive-cross-stitches-subversive-embroidery.jpg

The Dwreck thing has certainly taken the focus away from any other Duggar. Maybe Joeken can have some privacy.

2 hours ago, Timetostoplurking said:

And Jill Rodrigues will buy them ALL!  The woman will not rest until her walls are completely covered in trendy knickknacks from decades past.  

35 minutes ago, Kleine Vampirin said:

Or how about some needlework? I recently discovered subversive cross stitch.

Stick them with the pointy end and all that.

Cross stitch is my go to for stress release and relaxing (I have sensory and anxiety issues) and I love subversive cross stitch!! My other favorite pattern shop is The Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery but they are more kawaii and cutesy patterns. Happy stitching, your work is beautiful!!!

1 hour ago, Bad Wolf said:

The Dwreck thing has certainly taken the focus away from any other Duggar. Maybe Joeken can have some privacy.

Anna may be able to give birth to M5 in peace. 

1 minute ago, Carm_88 said:

Anna may be able to give birth to M5 in peace. 

Which is great, because Josh is probably going to need a nap while that's going on.  

47 minutes ago, GnomeCat said:

Happy stitching, your work is beautiful!!!

Delighted to find another enthusiast, but must confess, not my work. I've not done stitching for a long time but subversive patterns are calling me. Specifically, must stitch something FJ worthy ☺

There's one of those wood sign/wine/paint night places where i live. I think they are fun yet they do attract a lot of the local mega-churchy types around here. They have a cute one that is a wooden square, with cut-out leaves that make a circular wreath on it, and the word "Blessed" inside the circle. I am going to make mine say :Blessed AF." I like my country decor, only a tad bit salty. Like this:

940c93a94ea27b779110fc08f26d9a41--barn-wood-signs-reclaimed-barn-wood.jpg

6 hours ago, Daisy0322 said:

This seems like an odd choice to me... it's not even practical. Are they inexpensive? Sorry kind of off topic I know but I'm just very curious. Seems to me that the fundy types usually boast about thier practically quite a bit, I would think thier gifts would reflect that.

I made a specific one for mum's birthday. Someone tried to offer me 15 euro. No clue where that sits according to going rate (though out here, the trend seems to be towards underpaying for handmade anything. Dunno how it matches anywhere else?

Here in PA you can make a small square for under $20. A bigger piece might be $25-35. They typically have family/couple/kids themes, or food themes like coffee or wine, or seasonal ones for like christmas or summer. 

@MadeItOut This is hand painted and I spent 45$ And that seemed reasonable when compared to other similar things on Etsy. I don't know euros to dollars and I don't know how yours was done but hopefully this helps 

Spoiler

IMG_2785.thumb.JPG.f327a64fb41786186cc0c8ea9dff5cee.JPG

I don't need glasses - just hand me the bottle!

(Giving credit where it's due: the great Henny Youngman [google him, young fans of comedy] said, "My grandmother is 89 and doesn't need glasses! She drinks straight from the bottle.")

5 hours ago, Daisy0322 said:

@MadeItOut This is hand painted and I spent 45$ And that seemed reasonable when compared to other similar things on Etsy. I don't know euros to dollars and I don't know how yours was done but hopefully this helps 

Reveal hidden contents

IMG_2785.thumb.JPG.f327a64fb41786186cc0c8ea9dff5cee.JPG

That's handy for a comparison. Thanks!

Gods of Google say $45 is $38.22 just now.

This was my one (I'm trying to put it behind a whatsit - gimme a sec). The quote is slightly wrong, but it's how she likes it so...

Spoiler

1.png

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived