IGNORED

Joe and Kendra 3: Running Toward Marriage

Coconut Flan

Well this would give JRod a good week to aggressively broker a courtship deal for Nurie and/or Timothy. :wtsf:

(Can you just imagine?)

But I think the Duggars politely, sweetly, tolerate the Rods. They would never allow a courtship with that roving RV circus. 

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really doubt JoKen are marrying this weekend. Like I said Joy set precedent for Friday weddings, but I really don't see any Duggar child having a Sunday wedding (other than Amy, that sinful booze drinking and bikini wearing trollop! :pb_lol:) And since Jinger is a Bridesmaid for Nawon Kwon's wedding today (see link below) there's simply no way JoKen are getting hitched this weekend.

https://www.theknot.com/us/nawon-kwon-and-cole-losli-aug-2017

(They don't seem to have really filled out the website beyond a few photos and the registry.)

Do we know how Jinger knows Nawon?  And did we ever find out who her Black bridesmaid was, and how she knows her?  I'm really interested, because I'd assumed the Duggars were a whites-are-more-holy type of family* (hence the big deal about Ben and Flame) but there were the Hartonos, and Jinger has non-white friends.

(* just because there seem to be a lot of Fundies who are this way, and because I was stereotyping)

28 minutes ago, Lurky said:

Do we know how Jinger knows Nawon?  And did we ever find out who her Black bridesmaid was, and how she knows her?  I'm really interested, because I'd assumed the Duggars were a whites-are-more-holy type of family* (hence the big deal about Ben and Flame) but there were the Hartonos, and Jinger has non-white friends.

(* just because there seem to be a lot of Fundies who are this way, and because I was stereotyping)

http://10kwons.blogspot.com/2013/11/church-families.html

Here is a link to their short lived family blog. Some familiar faces.

32 minutes ago, Lurky said:

From what I've found out, Nawon lives in Arkansas and is really good friends with a lot of fundies. She was a bridesmaid for Austin's sister ( I saw the pics on fb on ruth sussana photography page) and she was also a cellist for Joy's wedding ( according to the pic they posted of the program) ... so she just knows the duggars from their circle

the black bridesmaid is @mckenziebeth_ on insta. she is adopted and she commented on one on Jinger's insta pics ( the one of her getting engaged) saying that's Jinger called her at 5 am to tell her so they're probably really good friends

Plot twist, Jrod was lured to the Duggar property under the guise of a wedding. They knew the plexus drinking maven would not be able to resist the opportunity to flaunt her connection with fundie royalty and offer her young as sacrifice.  

Meanwhile, the Duggs have escaped the compound in the dark of night, hustling their spawn to an undisclosed location where Kendra's transfer of authority will occur on an unannounced time and date. Publicity officially dodged until it can be appropriately profitted from. 

...........okay, maybe a smidge far fetched. 

4 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

Wedding is NOT today:

No way would Jinger be serving as a Bridesmaid for Nawon if Joseph were getting married today.  The Rodriguii may be in Arkansas early or for this wedding,

Smart money would say next weekend or the weekend after.

(This account is the official Fort Rock account - Joy and Austin's account follows it.)

The photos gone, I saw Jinger, Austins sister and the Query girl, did we recognise any of the other bridesmaids? 

Why do we think a Duggar wouldn't get married on a Sunday?  Is it an evangelical/ fundamentalist thing to not have major events on the Lord's Day or something?  Otherwise, just because they haven't done that yet wouldn't prove to me that they wouldn't do it.

27 minutes ago, Cheetah said:

Why do we think a Duggar wouldn't get married on a Sunday?  Is it an evangelical/ fundamentalist thing to not have major events on the Lord's Day or something?  Otherwise, just because they haven't done that yet wouldn't prove to me that they wouldn't do it.

I don't know if there is or not. It's more of a gut feeling for me to be honest. So I could be wrong and they could have a Sunday wedding - I just don't think they will. 

2 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

I just don't think they will. 

I think it is unlikely too.  I'm trying to remember some of the other (non-Duggar) Fundie weddings too.  To the best of my recollection, they are scheduled for almost every day of the week except for Sunday.

Most of these folk don't work Mon-Fri 9-5 jobs for non-Fundie employers.  They are self-employed or work for the family business.  It's no skin off their noses to attend a mid-week wedding, and that leaves Sundays free to be in their Home Church of the Holy Basement worshiping the LORD! 

2 hours ago, Minionmayhem said:

...........okay, maybe a smidge far fetched. 

Far fetched but very funny!

I don't think they will do it on a Sunday just because these weddings are an all day affair and skipping church would be a no no. I think the wedding will be next weekend. Jinger can just stay in town for it so it would be perfect. I just don't think it will be in September just because 3 months is usually the norm for Duggars and Bates. The only couples who had "longer engagements" I think only did so because they lived further away and wouldn't be tempted to do naughty things like kiss before their wedding like Zach and Whitney! 

Agree, I think the idea is people shouldn't be skipping church, and also should be observing the Sabbath. I remember one of Chris Maxwell's photography rules was no weddings on a Sunday, which makes me think it's a conservative religious no-no. 

3 minutes ago, nausicaa said:

Agree, I think the idea is people shouldn't be skipping church, and also should be observing the Sabbath. I remember one of Chris Maxwell's photography rules was no weddings on a Sunday, which makes me think it's a conservative religious no-no. 

I remember that about his photography business. I think it was the first one. 

4 minutes ago, nausicaa said:

I was also going to make a joke about in Texas it being a huge sin because of Football Sunday. But as I was typing it I think one reason they like college football so much is because they play on Saturdays. 

Maybe the JoKen wedding isn't this weekend. I found this picture in the Duggar's tagged photos on Instagram from 2 days ago:

Spoiler

IMG_8337.thumb.PNG.88fce60c44e9235306103d3486a107df.PNG

And I just saw that someone commented this on Pickles' page:

Spoiler

IMG_8336.thumb.PNG.66e054804499a88b6288933606055c53.PNG

Sounds like at least some of the Duggars may have been in Kentucky as of yesterday, possibly for dress shopping?

Why would Joe go to KY for what appears to be Kendra's final fitting? She certainly can't just be buying her dress at this point; they already had the bachelor/ette party! 

But then I remember that these are Duggars, and there is no logic to anything they do.

9 minutes ago, Mayluka said:

Maybe the JoKen wedding isn't this weekend. I found this picture in the Duggar's tagged photos on Instagram from 2 days ago:

Hide contents

IMG_8337.thumb.PNG.88fce60c44e9235306103d3486a107df.PNG

And I just saw that someone commented this on Pickles' page:

Hide contents

IMG_8336.thumb.PNG.66e054804499a88b6288933606055c53.PNG

Sounds like at least some of the Duggars may have been in Kentucky as of yesterday, possibly for dress shopping?

Or a final fitting

Thanks, @youthfulclearly & @VBOY9977 - I'm glad the Duggars don't seem to be huge racists as well as anything else (though I'd be really interested in what would happen if, eg, one of the Duggar boys wanted to marry a non-white girl, like Jenni H or Kawon's sister Lydia, eg)

The only Duggar I truly believe isn't racist is Ben.

I'd be shocked if a Duggar married a POC.

I really just can't muster up much interest in this relationship.  Kendra is too young and Joe, is not interesting on camera.  The most interesting thing about Joe was when he went to Crown.  That might have been mildly entertaining, but we all know he only went briefly and came home.  So no,  he didn't really escape from the compound in any meaningful way.  Too bad JB doesn't impose the same requirement on his courting sons as Austin's Dad did, with the requirement to flip 5 homes.  I think the duggar boys should have to get some sort of independent income and maintain it for a least a year before they are allowed to court.

Speaking of Sunday weddings, future Mr. Neurogirl (!!!) and I found this gorgeous venue that was only affordable on a Sunday. And then we thought - let's make it a brunch wedding! Who doesn't love brunch food! We do have a lot of people who will be traveling, but our hope is that they could take off a monday instead of a friday OR leave sunday night. Though i do hope people still dance and enjoy themselves in the afternoon. Besides the fact that we are heathens taking away from church time, is there anything wrong with a Sunday wedding?

9 hours ago, Jana814 said:

I remember that about his photography business.

Where do we get the Arndt-Duggar cross over?  It has to happen at some point, right?!

3 hours ago, adidas said:

It's seeming more and more unlikely that the wedding is this weekend. But why would JillRod arrive a week early??

Oh the possibilities!! @Minionmayhem I love your idea. 

Probably trying to throw poor Nurie at Jed or Jer. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived