IGNORED

Aunt Lori Alexander 23: Transformed to Evil

3 hours ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

@BlackSheep

There was this

http://lorialexander.blogspot.com/2013/03/for-husbands-who-dont-want-submissive.html?m=1

She tells husbands it's Thier fault if they don't want a submissive wife and their marriage will surely fail.

Unreal, I know.

Yeah she basically assumes that if he doesn't want a  submissive wife, the marriage sucks. It's completely a straw man.

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apparently Lori's DIL is involved with BeautyCounter, a MLM, and Lori is endorsing it. 

I almost feel like MLM's should be on the fundie checklist, almost all of them are selling sometthing. Plexus, Young Living... 

59 minutes ago, wikinggirl said:

I almost feel like MLM's should be on the fundie checklist, almost all of them are selling sometthing. Plexus, Young Living... 

It fits perfectly with their view of love and affection as transactional, though- the idea that our friends are only friends with us because they want us to buy stuff from them is a serious turn-off to regular people, but if you already think that marriage is where a man buys a woman from her father for sex...

It also fits with the general prosperity gospel feel of fundiedom. The women whose husbands are poor earners need to sell their friends crap to keep the lights on. The women whose husbands are good earners need to sell their friends crap to prove Jesus loves them the most. Naturally it's going to all be very beauty/diet focused, that's the only value they think a woman has. Plus if you run out of regular flaws to worry about, Instagram always has a new one- what, you don't have a thigh gap?

@Jellybean: And fundies think women can't do science, just LOOK at all the sciencin' in this thread!

7 hours ago, SuperNova said:

@BlackSheep Didn't she address this once? I think she said something along the lines of being his helpmeet without him knowing it. The essence of it was to still be the prescribed Lori Brand Wife in secret until you can win him to the Lord or some such garbage. I think it came out during the voting nonsense. Does anyone else remember this? 

I think I recall something within the past several months to a year, IIRC she says you're supposed to completely ignore him when he says you should make up your own mind, figure out what (you think) would please him, then do that, whatever it may be. And yes, voting was covered. Basically Aunt Lori says find out how he plans to vote, then vote his way, even if he specifically states that you should decide for yourself. 

@Jellybean, that all seems like a lot of bother unless there was a clinical reason for doing it. Even when hospitalized, only urine output was measured. I was merely asked if I had a bowel movement since I was ambulatory.

That said, a pre and post bathroom visit where only feces was eliminated could give an approximate weight of the excrement released, I guess. Never in my sixty plus years have I been concerned with this. I may note the color of my urine or looser/tighter stools, but that's it. 

EEK! Bathroom talk before breakfast. Lori is not modest at all to engage in repeated discussions on this topic. Although it's all natural and essential, I still feel a bit icky talking about it so graphically.

3 hours ago, delphinium65 said:

Basically Aunt Lori says find out how he plans to vote, then vote his way, even if he specifically states that you should decide for yourself. 

She doesn't see the hypocrisy in this? Superimposing your will on his? What an ignorant, blind woman. There is nothing, absolutely nothing, in any bible supporting this nonsense.

11 hours ago, HarryPotterFan said:

Do we know how old her grandkids are? I just find it so strange she went to go visit them and is ignoring them for social media. Every grandmother I know soaks up every second they can get with their grandkids. My grandmas still love seeing me, my brothers, and cousins. My grandparents loved babysitting when we were little. A friend's MIL babysits and sings and dances with the kids. Another friend had a party to introduce friends to her new baby and her mother would come up with tons of excuses to hold the baby, even if it meant practically ripping the baby out of someone's arms. She couldn't get enough of the baby. Lori, wtf.

This. Just as the Moody books give us invaluable insight into everyday life at the Maxwells, Lori and Terified as grandmothers tell us all we need to know about what kind of mothers they were. Terified only interacts with her grandkids on schedule, and would never think of showering them with hugs and cuddles outside of those times. Lori never mentions hugs and cuddles at all. No rocking for hours while humming a lullaby. No crazy games of fort building with sofa cushions and blankets. It's all training, training, training, telling them everything will turn to dust, which must terrify a little kid, complaining about how tired she is when she watches them and bragging about how her son force feeds her granddaughter. 

My parents definitely had their issues but when it came to their grandkids, the sun rose and set on them and life stopped when they came over. It was fun and games and loves and cuddles until they went home. 

7 hours ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

@BlackSheep

There was this

http://lorialexander.blogspot.com/2013/03/for-husbands-who-dont-want-submissive.html?m=1

She tells husbands it's Thier fault if they don't want a submissive wife and their marriage will surely fail.

Unreal, I know.

Thank you for this! So let's break down this post:

1. Your husband doesn't want you to be submissive? Ask him these questions.

2. Your wife wants to be submissive but you say no? Your marriage will fail, and it will be your fault.

Yes, she is teaching men with this post. But far worse than that, she is playing with people's lives and marriages.

11 hours ago, HarryPotterFan said:

Do we know how old her grandkids are? I just find it so strange she went to go visit them and is ignoring them for social media. Every grandmother I know soaks up every second they can get with their grandkids. My grandmas still love seeing me, my brothers, and cousins. My grandparents loved babysitting when we were little. A friend's MIL babysits and sings and dances with the kids. Another friend had a party to introduce friends to her new baby and her mother would come up with tons of excuses to hold the baby, even if it meant practically ripping the baby out of someone's arms. She couldn't get enough of the baby. Lori, wtf.

Her eldest Ryan has 3 children, one who would be about 6 now. She wrote awful things about what they did to that poor baby girl (force feeding 20 bites of oatmeal when she didn't want it and then forced to sit on a blanket when her parents were eating and she wanted a bite). He also has a son who is probably about 4 and a baby daughter now about 2. Son Steven has a baby girl, about 1 or under. Daughter Cassi also has an infant daughter. So, her grandchildren are all quite little. But this is Lori and when she has to watch the grands near her she whines about how exhausting they are and acts miserable at the idea of being around them, using snakes coming after them to scare them into obeying. Also, I am unsure her children want Lori to put her grandchildren on her blog. She used to talk about Emma often, but then seemed to abruptly stop and only gave a brief mention of her grandson being born. I think her children asked her to stop, but can't be sure on that. 

1 hour ago, delphinium65 said:

I think I recall something within the past several months to a year, IIRC she says you're supposed to completely ignore him when he says you should make up your own mind, figure out what (you think) would please him, then do that, whatever it may be. And yes, voting was covered. Basically Aunt Lori says find out how he plans to vote, then vote his way, even if he specifically states that you should decide for yourself. 

That was when she, Ken & Trey ganged up on me in the comments when I said my husband didn't want me to vote like he did but to vote my conscience. And how my doing things to please him didn't count as submission since I didn't view it as such. And how my husband was weak wimp who was caught in the feminist agenda. They pissed me off big time when they went after Mr. EW

1 hour ago, SilverBeach said:

@Jellybean, that all seems like a lot of bother unless there was a clinical reason for doing it

I researched this a bit because I've never run across this in all my medical adventures, even when the one rehab facility was OBSESSED with my poop.  They even x-rayed me to prove that I had a colon full of poop.  I was kinda like, um duh?  I have chronic constipation from being on narcotics for 12 years.  As completely obsessed as that PA was, even sure didn't expect weights or even mention them.

The only places I found any talk resembling what Lori said was on pro-ana (pro-anexoria) website.  For me, this is one more tick in the "Lori has an eating disorder" column.

47 minutes ago, EowynW said:

That was when she, Ken & Trey ganged up on me in the comments when I said my husband didn't want me to vote like he did but to vote my conscience. And how my doing things to please him didn't count as submission since I didn't view it as such.

I want assure that I'm understanding this correctly.

This is acceptable: "I do things to please my husband because it's the submissive thing to do."

But this isn't: "I do things to please my husband because I love him."

Is that correct?

51 minutes ago, EowynW said:

That was when she, Ken & Trey ganged up on me in the comments when I said my husband didn't want me to vote like he did but to vote my conscience. And how my doing things to please him didn't count as submission since I didn't view it as such. And how my husband was weak wimp who was caught in the feminist agenda. They pissed me off big time when they went after Mr. EW

That's it!  Sounded to me, and still does, like you're married to an actual, decent human being who doesn't have to make up for personal insecurity by controlling another person. I can't help pitying these people because the women will never know what real respect from their spouses is like, and the men will never understand that master/slave isn't the only marriage option. I'd feel some real sympathy, at least for the women, if they weren't so hell-bent on forcing everyone else into the same shit life they're living. 

46 minutes ago, BlackSheep said:

I want assure that I'm understanding this correctly.

This is acceptable: "I do things to please my husband because it's the submissive thing to do."

But this isn't: "I do things to please my husband because I love him."

Is that correct?

Yep. Me doing things for him because I love him wasn't acceptable. 

42 minutes ago, delphinium65 said:

That's it!  Sounded to me, and still does, like you're married to an actual, decent human being who doesn't have to make up for personal insecurity by controlling another person. I can't help pitying these people because the women will never know what real respect from their spouses is like, and the men will never understand that master/slave isn't the only marriage option. I'd feel some real sympathy, at least for the women, if they weren't so hell-bent on forcing everyone else into the same shit life they're living. 

I married a treasure. For sure. 

@AlwaysDiscerning That video is hilarious! 

And the "Millennial Missionaries" one is great, too. I have former students who are "missionaries" in terrible and trying locations like on the Italian coast. One seems to spend most of her time hanging out with other missionaries and traveling to missionary conferences all over the world in exotic locations. Totally reminded me of them. 

On 7/2/2017 at 4:30 AM, Curious said:

I just noticed something that now has me...curious.  I love writing stuff out long hand for some weird reason, though I don't usually do it for posts unless I'm not actually home (yes, I carry a tablet and pens everywhere).

How does she get what she wants to say on *exactly* one page?  ow many times does she have to write it and cut stuff out or change wording.  Maybe by now she has a good idea how much room she has left, but at the beginning of them?

I still don't understand why she doesn't just type them up as posts.  It ridiculous to write them out on paper and take a picture.

I know if I wanted to do this I'd have to write it out first and then cut/change wording to fit on one page.  Also, it's rare that I don't have a misspelling or some other little thing I need/want to change after rereading it.  

So how much time do these doodles actually take, I wonder.

It's also quite convenient that that note from a non-Christian woman just so happened to fit on one doodle sheet.

5 hours ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:
Reminds me of this.

Ugh. Can Lori be anymore basic and self involved? That video is spot on. 

That Christian Girl Instagram video is so funny.

And l loved when he said his book costs less than a new pair of yoga pants.  How appropriate on a Lori Alexander thread!

7 hours ago, Joyce said:

Speaking of Lori's poop, if any one lives in or near Boston for two months or more, he or she may want to donate stool and be paid $40 per donation. Here's the link: http://www.openbiome.org/stool-donation/

Maybe that is how the Nauglers are earning money and disposing of poo on poopistan 

37 minutes ago, kpmom said:

That Christian Girl Instagram video is so funny.

And l loved when he said his book costs less than a new pair of yoga pants.  How appropriate on a Lori Alexander thread!

A bit like this one?

Thank you all for keeping up on Lori's shenanigans! You all make me smile whenever I read through.

I raise my glass of #lemongingerwater to you!

Door County Report, Day 3:

Lori sightings - 0

Chickenetti wins - 3

*Special bonus points for my painfully sunburned self. No way in Hello Kitty was I buying LorIdiot's special sunscreen. 

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived