IGNORED

Aunt Lori Alexander 23: Transformed to Evil

To my fellow American FJers, Happy Fourth of July! I hope that you have a wonderful day with friends and family.

I know that some of you have loved ones in the military. My husband and I appreciate their service and your sacrifice.

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, polecat said:

It's also quite convenient that that note from a non-Christian woman just so happened to fit on one doodle sheet.

I'm convinced that's not her handwriting and it's some sort of program - or do you all know that and I'm not reading the [young people] sarcasm?  Carry on.  I'll be hiding under my rock now.

10 minutes ago, So-Virgin-It-Hurts said:

I'm convinced that's not her handwriting and it's some sort of program - or do you all know that and I'm not reading the [young people] sarcasm?  Carry on.  I'll be hiding under my rock now.

I think it's her handwriting but she writes it out an obsessive number of times so it looks perfect. 

Long time reader, first post (hello all!) I have alarmingly read Lori Alexander's posts, both on Facebook and on her blog, and I have to say everything about this woman reeks of downright insanity.  I posted on her blog in the comments about women not being police officers, firefighters, or serving in the military.  Sadly, I am surprised (NOT) to find my comment wasn't posted.  I spent ten years as a police officer in a major city, and moved over to firefighting in a different major city achieving the rank of Captain in five years.  I have a crew of 16 MALE (OMG) firefighters who know and respect me as a firefighter and now Captain, yet they actually don't view me as a female, but a coworker and leader.  It scares me spitless that opinions like hers (and quite obviously a few others) exist in 2017!!!!  I won't post on her Facebook page because I refuse to entertain her lunacy.  

One of the things I absolutely detest is the notion that women are weaker.  I'm 6'2", 195 lbs and I'm pretty sure the sight of me would scare the crap out of her.  

28 minutes ago, saintmom said:

Long time reader, first post (hello all!) I have alarmingly read Lori Alexander's posts, both on Facebook and on her blog, and I have to say everything about this woman reeks of downright insanity.  I posted on her blog in the comments about women not being police officers, firefighters, or serving in the military.  Sadly, I am surprised (NOT) to find my comment wasn't posted.  I spent ten years as a police officer in a major city, and moved over to firefighting in a different major city achieving the rank of Captain in five years.  I have a crew of 16 MALE (OMG) firefighters who know and respect me as a firefighter and now Captain, yet they actually don't view me as a female, but a coworker and leader.  It scares me spitless that opinions like hers (and quite obviously a few others) exist in 2017!!!!  I won't post on her Facebook page because I refuse to entertain her lunacy.  

One of the things I absolutely detest is the notion that women are weaker.  I'm 6'2", 195 lbs and I'm pretty sure the sight of me would scare the crap out of her.  

Don't bother. As far as Lori is concerned you do not exist. You could only exist if you were appropriately unhappy with your current life and secretly yearning for a strong man to submit to and lots of babies to pop out. Only in that way can you be whom you were meant to be. In the gender confused lifestyle  you are living now you can't possibly be happy or contribute to society, because that does not fit Lori's worldview. If you are happy, it means you can't really exist. And even if you did, you would be wrong. Anyway, you don't. It's just not possible. I mean, deep in your heart you really want to live like Lori and be protected and provided for, right?  Just admit it. That would make Lori's life much easier. It is not like she enjoys deleting your comments on her family holiday. :my_angel:

(btw welcome! Sounds like you have a great job!)

@saintmom, welcome to FJ!  One of my best friends is a retired police captain.  She could have been appointed Chief of Police, but knew she was nearing retirement and decided not to pursue the position.  Jolene don't take shit from anybody!

@saintmom Welcome to the dark side ;)  Others have covered your post, so I just wanted to welcome you.  I assume those are your dogs in your avatar.  They are gorgeous.  I have a soft spot for St. Bernards.

3 hours ago, foreign fundie said:

If you are happy, it means you can't really exist. And even if you did, you would be wrong. Anyway, you don't. It's just not possible. I mean, deep in your heart you really want to live like Lori and be protected and provided for, right?  Just admit it. That would make Lori's life much easier. It is not like she enjoys deleting your comments on her family holiday. :my_angel:

(btw welcome! Sounds like you have a great job!)

At Christian school, they would have pastors in to teach the kids how to evangelize for "mission week" once or twice a year. They would always go to great lengths to explain that non-Christians (which included all Catholics and mainline Protestants as well as those of non-Christian religions or no religious affiliation) might appear happy or think they are happy but they are never really happy. They just don't know they aren't and will realize how unhappy they are once some good Christian evangelizing teenager explains to them that they can't be happy in their current Jesus-less state. 

And no one ever questioned the complete absurdity of that. 

34 minutes ago, Curious said:

@saintmom Welcome to the dark side ;)  Others have covered your post, so I just wanted to welcome you.  I assume those are your dogs in your avatar.  They are gorgeous.  I have a soft spot for St. Bernards.

Aw, thank you!  Yes, those are our two "saints"  because, well, they're not.  The one on the right is Molly, and Maxwell her son is on the left.  We recently lost Molly to bone cancer, but Max is still with us.  Both were seized from a puppy mill and have come a long way!

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Door County Report, Day 4:

Lori sightings: 0

Chickenetti wins: 4

We attended a parade, band concert, out to eat, shopping, swimming, golf and more. Women in shorts and whatever, including all women in our group. 

Never once were the men in our group tempted, ogling, or out of control. No bitchiness from any of the women, either.

Extra bonus points for me cuz more sunburn. 

All in all a very good day. Praise Rufus. 

P.S. And 3 members of our group are proud card-carrying, tee-totaling Baptist folk. No judgey stuff ever.

3 hours ago, saintmom said:

So THAT'S what I've been doing wrong!!! :pb_lol:

Sounds to me like you've been doing it RIGHT! 

And I'd pay good money to see you scare the crap out of Aunt Lori. But someone would have to weigh it since she's obsessed with that 2 pounds of..well, crap!  :pb_lol: 

4 minutes ago, delphinium65 said:

Sounds to me like you've been doing it RIGHT! 

And I'd pay good money to see you scare the crap out of Aunt Lori. But someone would have to weigh it since she's obsessed with that 2 pounds of..well, crap!  :pb_lol: 

She'd die at the sight of me and my 6'6" husband.  DIE. Treating each other as equals and teammates in our marriage and him supporting the notion of me working *gasp* 24 hour shifts with MEN.  

So the notebook doodle fitting perfectly onto a page doesn't bother me, because I have the same weird and useless talent for making something fit like that. Although maybe she doesn't and she just writes it over and over. That wouldn't surprise me too much either. 

@saintmom -- You just can't possibly be happy because you are an ebil woman with a career,  not submissive in the least and married to a wimpy man (although he is 6'5") who doesn't force you to stay home and serve him.

Your marriage is miserable and doomed to fail.  Thus sayeth Aunt Lori.

The rest of us say -- go girl go!

@louisa05 -- Ah yes ,  . .  . the old tired fundie trope that Catholics aren't Christians. I cannot tell you the number of times I've heard that in my life and how absolutely fed up I am with hearing it.  Especially from people who should know better.

17 minutes ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

@saintmom -- You just can't possibly be happy because you are an ebil woman with a career,  not submissive in the least and married to a wimpy man (although he is 6'5") who doesn't force you to stay home and serve him.

Your marriage is miserable and doomed to fail.  Thus sayeth Aunt Lori.

The rest of us say -- go girl go!

@louisa05 -- Ah yes ,  . .  . the old tired fundie trope that Catholics aren't Christians. I cannot tell you the number of times I've heard that in my life and how absolutely fed up I am with hearing it.  Especially from people who should know better.

Bwahahhaaaaaa-if I started being submissive and serving him, he'd think I got into the wine!

2 minutes ago, saintmom said:
Bwahahhaaaaaa-if I started being submissive and serving him, he'd think I got into the wine!

LOL! And what would be wrong with that?

Signed,
Our resident wine lover

Seriously, the fact that she can’t seem to understand that not every marriage has to be, should be, or will be in her little box both confuses and enrages me.

Edit: hi new person! *waves. I’m a cat person not a dog person, but yours are pretty. 

5 minutes ago, Destiny said:

LOL! And what would be wrong with that?

Signed,
Our resident wine lover

Seriously, the fact that she can’t seem to understand that not every marriage has to be, should be, or will be in her little box both confuses and enrages me.

Edit: hi new person! *waves. I’m a cat person not a dog person, but yours are pretty. 

Absolutely nothing wrong with it!  

And I love cats as well, our little 5 lb rescue cat RULES the Saints with a dirty look or a smack on the nose.  My big dogs are VERY respectful of her. (then again, she's a total b*tch when it comes to them).  

I think I struggle a lot with the notion that if you disagree with her or question her, you find yourself banned or ignored.

1 minute ago, saintmom said:

I think I struggle a lot with the notion that if you disagree with her or question her, you find yourself banned or ignored.

Sadly, since I have been around FJ for over 10 years, not much shocks me anymore. (Though The Activist Mommy’s husband almost managed to do so this week.) I stopped reading Lori with regularity cos she was bad for my blood pressure. Zsu too - indoctrinating those kids in hate makes me so so ragey!

I love FJ, but sometimes, it totally ruins my belief in the inherent goodness of humanity. 

@saintmom, welcome!

I have 2 adopted dogs as well. They are consistently loved and more than a tad spoiled and pampered. 

4 minutes ago, saintmom said:

That's how it goes with her. A whiff of dissent and you are gone. Lori's won't engage in rational discourse with anyone who doesn't share her beliefs because her beliefs don't stand up to scrutiny.

13 minutes ago, saintmom said:

Go to hell, says I.

And so say we all! 

@saintmom,  I'm so sorry for your loss of Molly.  Some of us here remember when our sister FJite, @Gossamer1,  lost her dear Saint, Rocco, to bone cancer.  We cheered when he seemed to be recovering and grieved along with her when he died.   You'll find a lot of us are animal lovers.  :group-hug:

1 hour ago, saintmom said:

Absolutely nothing wrong with it!  

And I love cats as well, our little 5 lb rescue cat RULES the Saints with a dirty look or a smack on the nose.  My big dogs are VERY respectful of her. (then again, she's a total b*tch when it comes to them).  

years ago I had three big dogs and one little 7lb cat. Our Alaskan Malamute was positively TERRIFIED of her! I mean, if she was laying in the sun in the living room, he'd hide behind the dining room table. We had one big water bowl for the dogs (it held roughly a gallon of water), she'd sit in front of it while all three dogs would be panting...none of the dogs ever figured out that one well placed paw would turn kitty into a wet spot on the floor. Funny as hell. 

Lori is probably one of the most miserable people I've ever had the displeasure of "meeting". 

Just chiming in to agree with @Curious, Your dogs are beautiful @saintmom!  So sorry to hear about Molly tho :( 

St Bernard's are my absolute favourite dogs! We are currently in the French Alps and this beauty is a mountain rescue dog.

He rides the funicular up to the top of the mountains every day and it's taking all my will power not to spend the day riding with him! (The other cutie is the Grandbean) 

IMG_8567.PNG

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived