IGNORED

Anna, Josh, & the Ever Multiplying M Kids, Part 11: His Cheating Heart

Coconut Flan

Locking the door during parents intimate time reminds me when I walked in on my parents cause I needed to ask them something, but I was like 11 or 12 so I REALLY should've known better. It made me feel better though when I told friends a few months ago cause they did the same so we just didn't value our parents privacy during our preteen days :p.

Also they did have to make appointments to hang out with their parents cause I remember being shocked again as a preteen but again they don't have real 9-5 jobs so how do you not have time to hang with your children?

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, karen77 said:

We only lock our door during "that time" and only recently... (my oldest is 8).... but we get dressed in front of the kids still and just have never made ab ig deal of nekkidness, so they don't think much of it either. It works.

My mom did that with us. Completely backfired because it made us feel so uncomfortable. She didn't stop after we asked either because it was her house. We just started avoiding her room and the downstairs bathroom when we knew she was showering.

Each kid is different and comfort levels vary, so we'll likely just see what works best.

I remember walking in on my parents when I was little (probably 5 or 6). My mom just matter of factly told me that her and Dad were 'making love', to go help myself to some cereal and turn on the morning cartoons, and they'd be with me later.

My parents changed in front of me a lot as a kid, and up until I was an adult even. :pb_confused: I was out of their house by then, but I always used to share hotel rooms with one of them when we went out of town for family gatherings like weddings or funerals  (to save money on travel expenses.) During one trip, when I was 26, I walked out of the motel bathroom to find my Dad chilling in his tightie whities and watching TV. After that, I decided to start booking my own hotel rooms when we went places. My parents walking around in their underwear seemed harmless to me as a little, little kid, like when I was 3-7, but I really feel like my parents should have cut that crap out once I got to the self-conscious middle-school-age range. Its not like they made me change in front of them if I wanted privacy, but its really no less embarassing seeing your parents in the buff when you're old enough to know that people sometimes get naked to have sex. I know the human body is natural and nothing to be ashamed of, but its still awkward. 

My parents also do the enmesh-y family group text thing, just like the Duggars. My younger sister, husband, and I are all included, and we get at least 36 text messages a day from my parents. When Jinger said their family has a group text message that they use to keep in touch with each other, I just sighed and went, "Ugh, aka "the group surviellance text"!I feel your pain, girl!" :pb_lol:

I want to say that the little Bonkers were 3ish and 5ish when Mr. B and I were having some afternoon delight. Helpful tip-don't leave your cell phone out. A friend of mine called (who happened to be the wife of Mr. B's boss) and the older Bonkers answered. According to my friend, the conversation went something like this:

Friend: Hi, Older Bonkers! Can you put your mommy on the phone for me?

OB: No, ma'am.

Friend: Why not, honey?

OB: She's in the bedroom with daddy. The door's locked and they told me not to come in. You could call back later, maybe?

And then she hung up on my friend.

@TeddyBonkers :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: Gotta love little kids and their innocence.

Also you awful people reminded me of traumatic memories. THANKS <sarcasm>

1. Walking in on my brother. He was alone. Enough said.

2. Calling a friend (who my brother was dating. We became friends while they were going out). She answers and goes, "You called at an inopportune moment." DON'T TELL ME YOU AND MY BROTHER ARE CURRENTLY GETTING IT ON.

3. Another ex-girlfriend of his telling me about her condom needs when they were dating.

21 minutes ago, HarryPotterFan said:

There are somethings you just can't unsee. 

On 6/21/2017 at 7:43 PM, HarryPotterFan said:

I hope someone pees in Boob and Ofboob's bed every night to get back at them. 

but only after eating a lot of asparagus :GPn0zNK:

On 6/8/2017 at 2:13 PM, Snarkylark said:

Another thought- Anna may be afraid that she will have to share custody with Josh or even lose custody. She knows she can't provide for 5 children and I don't think she wants to do it alone. She may feel that staying is her only option. 

If I were her I would also be afraid of Jim Bob. I don't doubt for a second he would buy Josh the most vicious divorce lawyer he could afford and that would be a lot more than Anna could pony up. 

24 minutes ago, onekidanddone said:

There are somethings you just can't unsee. 

Seriously :brainbleach: x infinity

7 minutes ago, FloraKitty35 said:

but only after eating a lot of asparagus :GPn0zNK:

Hehe. 

Whenever I see that word I think of this:

Spoiler

oZDUZXT.gif

I always read that word in Alan Rickman's voice.

On 6/9/2017 at 5:50 AM, SilverBeach said:

Please see my prior comment about child support. Anna would not be solely responsible for providing for all those children.

And I cannot imagine in what alternate universe she would lose custody to douche. Shared custody maybe, but Jdouche is so lazy, that would likely be too much...

I can see it happening very easily given the Duggars deep pockets and previous involvement in local politics. Hell, Josh's brother is a constable in the community they live in. I think JB and Michelle would fight tooth and nail to make sure Josh got custody of the M kids and then just hand them over to the new batch of sister moms coming up. There is no way they would let Anna have them if she tried to divorce Josh.

My scarring experience wasn't so much a "thing you can't unsee" but more a "thing you can't unhear." I was a junior in COLLEGE taking a Disneyworld vacation with my parents, when I woke up in the middle of the night to my parents canoodling in their bed A FOOT AWAY FROM ME!! My reaction was not to "interrupt them" and so I kept pretending like I was sleeping and prayed for merciful death. In the morning I told my mom I had heard them and without apologizing she said, "we couldn't sleep!" What's worse, is that was not the first nor last time it happened!! I finally had to make my parents promise they could keep it in their pants for the rare days in a year we share a room. I'm glad my parents have a happy affectionate marriage but COME ON. No adult child wants to know their parents in that context. Especially when I've been dating my boyfriend for over 5 years, am 24, and we will not be allowed to share a bed in their home until legally wed. UGHHHHHHH 

I can see it happening very easily given the Duggars deep pockets and previous involvement in local politics. Hell, Josh's brother is a constable in the community they live in. I think JB and Michelle would fight tooth and nail to make sure Josh got custody of the M kids and then just hand them over to the new batch of sister moms coming up. There is no way they would let Anna have them if she tried to divorce Josh.

Sad but true.

I know we go back and forth about this a lot. But I am firmly in the camp that maintains that Anna never once, even for a millisecond, entertained the idea of being anything other than Josh's supportive, loving wife. She may have had moments when the news broke that she wanted to beat his ass, but I don't think it has EVER crossed her mind to end her marriage. Nor will it. She is probably very happy right now.

It's programming. 

Just my opinion. 

Ugh all this talk of awkward moments reminds me of being in a dorm in my first year, hearing people getting it on at 7am in the shower next to me. Good god! I was up early and everything trying to get a moment of peace! Nope ruined. 

If it makes you all feel better, when I was in high school, two of my friends and I passed out in her bed after a night of drinking. They decided to have sex while I was IN the bed with them. Then they made jokes in the morning about using as a prop. :pb_lol:

3 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

If it makes you all feel better, when I was in high school, two of my friends and I passed out in her bed after a night of drinking. They decided to have sex while I was IN the bed with them. Then they made jokes in the morning about using as a prop. :pb_lol:

Maybe I'm just sensitive, but that sounds realllly unacceptable... like, okay, maybe they didn't touch you, but they obviously involved you in a sexual situation without your consent and with no concern for your feelings. Yikes.

@Carm_88 Oh yes!! The worst for me was junior year when my suitemate and live-in boyfriend were getting it on at like 4 in the morning while I was doing my night bathroom run. It was the final strike that he had to leave cause he moved in at that point even though he had his own dorm.

Many moons ago, I was hanging out at a friend's pool with some other friends. One by one, people either left or went inside the house. I was sitting on a lounge chair, under a blanket. Two of my friends (sitting next to me but under the same blanket) started to get amorous with each other. Usually, things don't hit me unless it's a Mack truck, so you can bet your sweet bippy that when I saw these shenanigans going on, I high-tailed it into the house, too.

On 6/12/2017 at 6:11 PM, SilverBeach said:

Nah, gotta go with @Bad Wolf on this one. What would be be the advantage for him? Just more mouths to feed.

I see lots of advantage.  First they get to add to the kid collection and maintain control of both the children, Josh and Anna, regardless of the official marital situation.

The second, huge benefit comes as the other boys marry. They will all take fundy wives and what better warning about the hazards of divorcing a Duggar that to know your absolutely wronged former sister-in-law still lost everything? Who's going to leave simply because they are unhappy if JB and Michelle have custody of their grandkids and constantly frame the taking of those kids as their Biblical duty and the morally right thing to do? Certainly not some 22 year old sheltered homeschool graduate who's been taught to be submissive and already has 3 kids with another on the way.

11 hours ago, singsingsing said:

Maybe I'm just sensitive, but that sounds realllly unacceptable... like, okay, maybe they didn't touch you, but they obviously involved you in a sexual situation without your consent and with no concern for your feelings. Yikes.

I would probably have very different views on it now, but back then I just wtf'd about it and laughed. There was actually a bunch of other people in the room at the time too sleeping in various places. Alcohol, man. 

13 hours ago, neurogirl said:

My scarring experience wasn't so much a "thing you can't unsee" but more a "thing you can't unhear." I was a junior in COLLEGE taking a Disneyworld vacation with my parents, when I woke up in the middle of the night to my parents canoodling in their bed A FOOT AWAY FROM ME!! My reaction was not to "interrupt them" and so I kept pretending like I was sleeping and prayed for merciful death. In the morning I told my mom I had heard them and without apologizing she said, "we couldn't sleep!" What's worse, is that was not the first nor last time it happened!! I finally had to make my parents promise they could keep it in their pants for the rare days in a year we share a room. I'm glad my parents have a happy affectionate marriage but COME ON. No adult child wants to know their parents in that context. Especially when I've been dating my boyfriend for over 5 years, am 24, and we will not be allowed to share a bed in their home until legally wed. UGHHHHHHH 

Ohhhh you poor thing. We book two hotel rooms when we travel with our grown/teen kids to avoid scarring them lol. It's cheaper than therapy.:laughing-jumpingpurple:

@neurogirl Oh I am with you on the things you can't unhear! I was 19 and stopped by my parents house I opened the garage door and could hear something banging.... in denial I went into the house took my shoes off and heard them start screaming each other's names, keep in mind their bedroom is up two stories.  (just typing this makes me wanna vomit). I left so fast I forgot my shoes. I tried going back about 30 minutes later and they were STILL GOING. So I waited about 20 more minutes and it's quite so I try to sneak in and get my shoes real quick, well my mom heard me and came down to see what the noise was, she was in a robe she just looked at me like she might faint and turned around and walked away then my dad looked to see that I was there, naked as a blue jay. And just waved and went back up stairs. I left and went home and we never spoke of it again. 

15 hours ago, frugaldreams said:

Not sure if it's still this way but....

Friend of mine divorced in Tennessee and HE who makes the most money gets the kids there.  It's very rarely that a SHE makes more money.  And just try to get visitation.  

She finally had her son "find" her in his 20's.

15 hours ago, HarryPotterFan said:

I knew someone who said he did the same thing once, except his brother was randomly listening to Scottish Bagpipes when he walked in on him. Soooo awkward! :pb_lol:

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived