IGNORED

Joy and Austin: It's Official

Coconut Flan

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was just looking for a picture of Joe and Kendra cuz I legit forgot they were courting and stumbled upon the news that they were engaged. I figured they would announce an engagement soon after Joy's wedding, didn't figure THAT soon.

Just now, Mela99 said:

What are everyone's thoughts on proposing at someone else's wedding? 

I think it's tacky.  This is the bride and groom's day.  

WOW. From their courting video, Kendra is way too immature to be engaged. 

On another note, looks like Joe was a groomsman from that picture so we know what the groomsmen wore. Maybe Kendra was a bridesmaid and those are their dresses, but I can't tell.

1 minute ago, Mela99 said:

Other than planned to keep the gravy train going?

I wonder if Joy knew Joe was going to propose at the reception. I hope he at least asked the bride and groom first.

Hahahaha, his sister got the spotlight for her engagement and now it's his time. 

Bet you Joe was told he cant propose until after Joy got married. Well, she's married now. 

4 minutes ago, Mela99 said:

I'm not gonna lie, I personally found it tacky and inappropriate to take away from another couple's day. Milage may vary. 

1 minute ago, Destiny said:

I'm not gonna lie, I personally found it tacky and inappropriate to take away from another couple's day. Milage may vary. 

It's all for the greater good.

$$$$

What the eveloving fuck!?! I think it's extremely tacky to propose while at a wedding reception. I don't get what's wrong with waiting a day or so, since it took away from the newlywed's spotlight. I guess it could be worse, he could have done it right before walking down the aisle if she was a bridesmaid.

For times when kissing your wife during someone else's wedding ceremony isn't good enough, there's proposing at someone else's wedding reception!

What the?!?!... I should have seen that coming but I'm actually slightly shocked. Would have expected that announcement for late summer.

Dick move, but also poor PR spacing. Joys wedding should have gotten them at least a week or two of publicity (maybe until her show on the 12th). Wait until that is dying down, then leak the engagement. What a waste of chattle, I mean offspring, milestones!

I guess Miss Manners has to re-write wedding etiquette now.  If she is no longer among the living, I am sure she is rolling over in her grave.  If she is still among the breathing, PLEASE let her release a new book on How Not To Be A Total Social Idiot.

So, Kendall did not get a special engagement like his sisters. No scavenger hunt, proposal at her special city, no special song created, being blindfolded in the woods or even balloons at her favorite restaurant? Oh, come on!

1 minute ago, AnnaRuk09 said:

What the?!?!... I should have seen that coming but I'm actually slightly shocked. Would have expected that announcement for late summer.

I told mister destiny driving home that I expected an announcement in the next two weeks. I did not, for the record, expect it tonight, and am going to be really fucking pissed if the Duggars crash my damn server tonight. 

I agree that it is bad to steal the thunder at your sister's wedding reception. Maybe the Duggar's don't get that.

So, does Joe clean toilets alongside Bin? What do these guys do to actually earn money? Is it now time for Jessa and Bin to move to a larger house so Joe and Kendra can have Gramma Mary's house? Do they also get a nice van? 

Maybe Joy knew he was going to do this. She probably is okay with it if she knew as she is very relaxed. 

12 minutes ago, Mela99 said:

Joe is engaged!!

I'm guessing a Labor Day weekend wedding. Like Pickles I have great intuition and I'm 1st. :pb_lol:

Very tacky and rude, unless everyone, especially the bride and groom was in on it from the beginning and fully sanctioned and encouraged it. The problem is, in Duggarland, how can you ever fully sanction or encourage anything? Even if Joseph asked Joy ahead of time if she was cool with it, how could she possibly say no? That wouldn't be 'nice' or 'sweet' or 'special' at all.

The hopeless romantic in me thinks that perhaps he just couldn't wait any longer so he did it... but the brain in me thinks that this was a classic example of Poor Duggar Form and I feel sad for Joy having to share her day with her brother.

In a family where kids don't typically get their own attention, weddings are super important. 

Although, on the other hand, maybe the proposal was a chance to run away and do some marital snogging while everyone's fawning over the newly engaged...

13 minutes ago, Mela99 said:

It's kinda rude. Way to take the attention away from the newlyweds. 

I thought the blue suit was nice with Austin's eyes. Joys' hair looked nice and the flowers were lovely. As others have said, wish we could see more of Joy's dress. Putting aside appearances, hope they grow up together. Hope they do not embrace all the horrid things taught to them by their parents, but develop their own set of values which are less caustic than their parents.'  Wonder who the attendants were at the wedding?

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived