IGNORED

Joy and Austin: It's Official

Coconut Flan

2 minutes ago, VineHeart137 said:

I'm more surprised at the style of the dress than at her hair. I think the loose carefree hairstyle suits her. From what I can see of the dress it's more similar to Jill's than I was expecting (but she took after Jinger with the sleeves). Very interested to see the whole dress!

I thin what looks off to me is her hair is more casual, but her dress looks more formal.  So either her hair doesn't look bothered to be done, or her dress is too fancy for the hairstyle.  That makes me wonder if she got to choose the dress, or if it was chosen for her and her hair is what she got the say in.  I think her hair would be fine with a more casual dress.

*Back to googling for pics

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really can't snark on Joy's hair, as I think it looks natural and not full of hairspray. I just wish we were discussing her prom, not her wedding as she's a bit young to be getting married in my opinion.

Add Austin to the long list of people who don't know the meaning of "surreal". 

2 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

So Joy is officially a teenage bride.  She looks very pretty.  Hope we'll get some more details tomorrow and not have to wait til the premiere.  Wonder why they went with a Friday evening instead of the usual Saturday daytime. So many questions.

Popular time of year to get married, and since they did it on short notice, probably had to take what was left.

I'm just shocked at how fast Jim Bucks sold the pic to People. I was expecting a short fb announcement tonight and a People pic on Monday. Must feel good to sell and exploit your daughter for more fame and $$$. That's American Jesus for ya!

I may be tired, but I'm thinking it would have been funny if instead of a first kiss at the altar, they just shook hands.

I'm tired, right?

I absolutely love her bouquet.

I'll save my opinions on the dress till I see a better pic. I just hope it's what Joy wanted and she wasn't pressured by what her sisters/Austin would want. I remember her saying she wasn't a huge dress fan. 

Just now, AnnaRuk09 said:

I'm just shocked at how fast Jim Bucks sold the pic to People. I was expecting a short fb announcement tonight and a People pic on Monday. Must feel good to sell and exploit your daughter for more fame and $$$. That's American Jesus for ya!

Don't forget they are banking on having that $15 million come through. 

I actually don't understand why more of them don't do non-Saturday weddings. None of their kids go to school, and most of them don't have full-time jobs with regular schedules, so why not get married on a Friday? Or Wednesday?

Ugh. While I hope Joy Joy had everything she hoped for on her special day... I'm so sad the deal has been sealed. So young. Please, please Joy don't follow in Sierra's footsteps & have 5 babies in 5 years. I can totally see her having that many by the time she's 25. 

I want to know who her bridesmaids were & see more of her dress. If I have to look at that train wreck of a family, at least give me some close ups & action shots! 

1 minute ago, AnnaRuk09 said:

They would've had the agreement in place with People long before the pic was ever taken.

1 minute ago, singsingsing said:

I actually don't understand why more of them don't do non-Saturday weddings.

Probably more due to guests from the non-Duggar side of the affair with more normal schedules. I'd say they're missing out on serious savings but I'm pretty sure at this point these weddings are partly or wholly funded by the photos, interviews, etc. 

8 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Okay guys, I edited it just a bit to make it as Duggar-esque as possible:

... you forgot "totally", "blessing", and "precious." :pb_lol:

1 minute ago, VelociRapture said:

And "whenever" and "neat." :pb_lol:

You know, I was only 22 when I got married, so just a few years older than Joy. But, we had been together for three years and I had had other boyfriends.  We had completed our undergraduate education.  And we didn't pop out a kid until almost four years later. I don't know, is it so different?  I feel like it is. She seems way too young.

Most people do not marry their first boy/girlfriend. My son and DIL did, ten years after starting to date at the age of fifteen. But, usually that is not the case, right?  All of the Duggar/Bates/whoever cannot end up having married the right 'one'. They may think god sent them the love of their lives but they haven't lived their lives yet!!!!  

This is distressing me more than it should as I do not know Joy or any of her sisters. But this whole courtship/marriage model is ridiculous. And is setting up these young women for a potential life of misery.  I hate it. Am sad. Send wine. 

1 minute ago, VelociRapture said:

Also, she should be "walking through this season of life."

9 minutes ago, AnnaRuk09 said:

Tbh they were probably worried that Jill Rodrigues would shoot her mouth off before a sale processed. 

Just now, Mela99 said:

Tbh they were probably worried that Jill Rodrigues would shoot her mouth off before a sale processed. 

She's at an OLD FASHIONED revival. She was invited, don't say that Jill wasn't. Her and the Duggars are best friends, the Duggars just don't really know it. ;) 

4 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

Maybe it's time to just make an online randomized Duggar statement generator for various occasions. 

I got the news of this during a chance browsing of Wikipedia just a moment ago! I couldn't remember if Joy's first name was officially Joy or Joy-Anna, so I went to check and it indicated she was married. I came here to assure that wasn't a troll and here I am. Really, they wasted no time.

image.png

image.png

They seemed to have kept this one secret better/longer than any of the previous weddings.  Although I wasn't round for J&A, so maybe that was under wraps as well.

"Soooooo, Watching my sweet sisters go through that season of life with their precious courtships sets, like, a really good example,” added the Counting On star. “I was able to ask them just a lot of questions and wisdom about what they did and didn’t do whenever they were courting and then just making it special. Showing him how much I appreciate him, it’s been amazing aaaaand yeah! Totally neat!"

I got married right after college, and a lot of people were disappointed. A lot more people we met from ages 20 until about 27 or so expressed suprises that we were living our lives, going on adventures, chasing our careers, and basically doing the things single people from our same walk of life were doing, just together. I don't know why so many people feel like life is over once you get married.

Yes, Joy and her sisters missed out on a lot, and I disagree with basically everything about their lifestyle. But getting married is the only way for them to get out of the compound and try their hands at being adults. It's that or be a child forever. Is Jana really better off?

What's sad to me is when they pop out babies right away - that really does steal your youth.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived