IGNORED

Joy and Austin: It's Official

Coconut Flan

I think I would be irritated if it was my wedding. I mean... maybe if he proposed and they waited until the end of the night to say so? 

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seriously, could Joseph not have waited a week or two?  I'm almost sure that he cleared it with Joy and Austin first but I wouldn't be thrilled if I were in their shoes.

I'm hoping the engagement got leaked today but it happened beforehand and that he didn't propose on his sister's wedding day. 

I'm also very interested to see who was in the wedding party and what they were wearing.

2 minutes ago, Front Hugging Fiend said:

Although, on the other hand, maybe the proposal was a chance to run away and do some marital snogging while everyone's fawning over the newly engaged...

You know Joy and Austin didn't stay at the reception too long.. it could have happened at the duggars famous "after parties". Joy may not even know her brother is engaged

That isn't the best photo of Joe. I also agree they should have waited and milked this for more cash. Bad move Daddy Duggar.

15 minutes ago, Mela99 said:

What are everyone's thoughts on proposing at someone else's wedding? 

Ask the bride before you do it. 

Just now, Glasgowghirl said:

I'm hoping the engagement got leaked today but it happened beforehand and that he didn't propose on his sister's wedding day. 

Nah, the article says he proposed at the reception. I do hope J'Austin knew beforehand, I think the bride is laid back enough not to mind, plus I think Kendra's her friend (there are pics of them together on a mission trip as early as 3-4 years ago, and they're close in age so it makes sense in fundie-land). I was thinking he'd propose on Kendra's birthday in August.

Unless this was one of those tacky 'bride is about to throw the bouquet but instead she walks over and hands it to someone who looks confused and then voila! the boyfriend appears with the ring!' moves.

What the article actually says:

PEOPLE can exclusively reveal that after courting for a few months, Joseph Duggar popped to question to Kendra Caldwell while attending his sister Joy-Anna‘s wedding on Friday.

17 minutes ago, Mela99 said:

Not cool at all. 

Longtime lurker here.....just registered to leave this comment ...and Hello from Germany ( why I am awake at this hour is beyond me ) 

Despite her being so young and all the other "off" things regarding this wedding, I have to admit I really like her hair....her being a tomboy and loving nature and the outdoors, the gipsy look suits her just fine....I could not picture her with "made up" hair !  

The dress on the other hand (from what I can tell in the pic)....not so much...

Any word yet on the honeymoon location ? 

Just now, ihaveanexamintwodays said:

I was thinking he'd propose on Kendra's birthday in August.

3 months from now. Probably when they'll get married.

Joy's dress looks like they just took Jill's and added sleeves.

Proposing at someone else's wedding is tacky AF

14 minutes ago, Mela99 said:

Depends on the couple, both the bride & groom and the newly betrothed. I would have been fine with one of my siblings getting engaged at my reception, but I hate being the center of attention so anything to share that spotlight is fine with me.  But I would have been pissed if one of my friends got engaged, not sure why that would bug me but not a sibling.  I remember reading a story where the bride and groom helped the brides sister get engaged during her reception. They had a big production a dance and special song it was a sweet story and the bride said it was so special because she loves her sister and her soon to be BIL. So IMO if Joy & Austin are ok with it and knew ahead of time it is fine, if he didn't ask them and just asked her I would be pissed and so should J&A. 

3 minutes ago, Front Hugging Fiend said:

Unless this was one of those tacky 'bride is about to throw the bouquet but instead she walks over and hands it to someone who looks confused and then voila! the boyfriend appears with the ring!' moves.

Actually yeah. If the bride was enthusiastic about it and went along with it like this I wouldn't be as disgusted. But otherwise it's selfish and self abosorbed. So of course a duggar male would think it's a grand idea.  

5 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

I'm also very interested to see who was in the wedding party and what they were wearing.

(Sorry for repeating I know I already said this) we now know the groomsmen outfit from the engagement picture of Joe. If Kendra was a bridesmaid, we know the bridesmaid dresses as well.

22 minutes ago, Mela99 said:

Tacky, tacky, tacky.  The ink is barely dry on the marriage license and Joy has already lost the little attention she gets in that family because her brother couldn't pick a different day.

Poor Joy.  First Duggar child to be a teen bride.  I think she was married off ASAP cuz she wasn't drinking the Look Aid.

Just found out my Dr is engaged and her wedding is next year. Why and how do fundies have these 2-3 month engagements?? All the local fundies  around here who got engaged this spring, will be married mid to late summer. Everything seems so rushed.

4 minutes ago, thedeathllama said:

Tacky, tacky, tacky.  The ink is barely dry on the marriage license and Joy has already lost the little attention she gets in that family because her brother couldn't pick a different day.

Tackiness and Duggar go hand in hand

So it's 10:30 central time. I wonder if Joystin are already at the hotel...

So I'm weird for thinking about these things. But my first marriage was to a fundie guy and I wanted to be a good Christian wife and we waited til our wedding night. So an hour after we left the wedding, everyone knew what was going on. I had a super clingy and immature friend that wanted to come to the hotel and ruin it for us. We no longer talk.

But I just think it's weird for Fundies, all thinking about what's going on, and for the first time, and all that. Ok enough about that.

Proposing at your sister's wedding? That's super tacky. As another poster said, this is their huge day, the only day where it's all about them. Their only other huge days from now on will be when the kids are born. Let them have their time.

And as far as PR it definitely would have made sense for him to propose in a few weeks when all the media attention has died down. You know, stay relevant and all that. Ugh.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived