IGNORED

Dillards 30 - Lawsuit Tweets and Leaving Danger America

choralcrusader8613

26 minutes ago, Four is Enough said:

And WHY is she a "sweet mama" and NOT "my darling daughter?"

Because being a mama is more important than being a daughter of course!!!! It's what women were made for

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How far along does Jill look in that picture? I know that she is a world champion at sticking her belly out...

I definitely agree that Michelle looks high but she also looks like she's melting away. Every picture we see she is smaller and smaller. It's concerning. 

Side note and I hope this doesn't come off as weird but Jill has a booty in this picture and I completely support it. 

21 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

How far along does Jill look in that picture? I know that she is a world champion at sticking her belly out...

Sorry but that title belongs to Audrey Roloff:

1 hour ago, HereticHick said:

It's pretty much impossible to tell. Every woman carries and shows so differently. For instance, I don't think Alyssa Webster ever got a bump as big as Jill's in that picture even at 9 months pregnant. So it's hard to say.

Since all we know for due date is "early July", she should be around 8 months pregnant. If I had to guess, going off how big she got with Izzy, I'd say she looks to be right on track. But it's all just guesswork.

Re:Audrey Roloff -  You can tell she's of the "everyone must know I'm pregnant right now" camp. Not even the "I don't want people to think I'm getting kind of fat" camp, which I can totally respect, because she wouldn't even look like she'd gained much weight if her spine wasn't bent almost in half. Goodness. 

I now see why she annoys people!

19 minutes ago, TuringMachine said:

Oh please, my gut looks bigger than that on a regular day before a meal. These girls are annoying me.

On 5/22/2017 at 6:11 PM, VelociRapture said:

It used to be. Pretty much everyone I know who has gotten married in the last ten years has kept their middle name though. I did the same. I share it with my mom and we gave our daughter a variant of it for her first name.

I got married (the first time) in 1989.  I kept my middle name.  My maiden name and my married name both started with an O.  They are both English names and I thought it would sound silly if my name was Elvis O'English.  

Jill looks good. Her baby will be another big one, but she is all baby this time. The rest of her looks great.

OTOH, Michelle is all large dome. She is clearly shrinking. Dang, maybe she has lost weight. Her head looks huge in that photo with Jill.

13 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Jill looks good. Her baby will be another big one, but she is all baby this time. The rest of her looks great.

OTOH, Michelle is all large dome. She is clearly shrinking. Dang, maybe she has lost weight. Her head looks huge in that photo with Jill.

Honestly, she looks like she's losing HEIGHT to me.  That's not a good sign, especially since with her plethora of pregnancies, she's incredibly high risk for issues with bone mass/density and calcium.   

This is all hypothetical since I'm very, very single at the moment, but I have not intention of changing my name if/when I get married. I'm in academia, and have been publishing under my maiden name for almost 10 years. I'm fortunate that my first initial + middle initial + maiden name wasn't already associated with another academic in my field. I've marked my territory and I'm keeping it. To be frank, if my hypothetical significant other has a problem with me keeping my name, we probably shouldn't be getting married. I'm not keen on keeping my maiden professionally while changing it socially - My mom changed her name inconsistently* when she and my step-dad married 25 years ago, and she still doesn't have everything sorted out. Among my friends, most took their husband's name. The only one I can think of who didn't is also in academia.

*My dad died when I was little, and my mom wanted to keep his last name largely so she would have the same last name as her kids. She was a teacher in a pretty conservative school district at the time. When she returned to work after the wedding, she learned the school secretary had taken upon herself to change the name in all of the HR records. Over time, she ended up with various combinations of maiden name, 1st married name, and 2nd married name on different accounts and IDs. She has different names on her driver's license (2nd married only), social security card (maiden & 1st married), and passport (1st & 2nd married). Legally her full name is first, middle, maiden, 1st married, 2nd married.

1 hour ago, Incognito22 said:

Maybe it's a side by side mother daughter baby bumps pic. :output_eeMbjt::brainbleach:

Haha! That's what I thought straight away. Like by standing that close to Jill's stomach, Michelle is somehow hoping to harness the power to kick-start her uterus for another Miracle Child of her own.

14 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

In Spain, married people don't change their surnames.

Kids are tradicionally named this way: NAME-DAD SURNAME-MOM SURNAME. But since 15-20 years ago, parents can choose the surnames order, so kid can be named NAME-MOM SURNAME-DAD SURNAME.

I suppose that changing my surname when I got married would had somehow hurt my identity. I mean, I was born Melissa Freejinger Forum, and this has been my name for 40 years. If I marry, how could I change it? specially nowadays that marriage doesn't last forever. 

No offense please. I know it's a cultural issue. As I'm not used to people changing surnames. Of course I'm aware it's normal in most countries and people feel confortable with this tradition, and I respect that.

I was going to give the same example.

In my South American neck of the woods you used to get only your dad's last name. Now you can name your kids both or either.

When you get married you keep your last name, I haven't heard of a single woman taking her husband's name since the 70s.

Interesting how different countries have different traditions, I like what they do in Island, though it is a little complicated for me!

(Hola Melissa :pb_smile:)

On 2017-5-23 at 3:35 AM, klabourdeth said:

I kept my maiden name. At some point I thought it was silly that a women was expected give up their identity name wise if they got married and why shouldn't the husband & wife name be combined. This is my main reason for keeping my name. Although I also kept it out of vanity because my husband name is a bit harder to pronounce upon site unlike mine in which I share with a popular SNL star. We did toy with the idea of creating our own my suggestion was McDeth

We had a go at creating as we have a lot of overlap letters. Eventually we dropped a few letters but still the best we could come up with was Dimbroli so we gave up on that one.

On 2017-5-23 at 5:18 AM, Berty K said:

I remember reading about a culture where the women always pass on the maternal last name and the men the paternal. 

Ex: Suzie Smith and Jim Johnson have Sally & John.

Sally Smith-Johnson marries Bob Baxter. Their kids are Timmy & Sarah Smith-Baxter. 

John Smith-Johnson marries Jane Doe. Their kids are Jake & Jamie Doe-Johnson

and it continues. 

That's similar in parts of Italy I think? There's a fair lot of it in MrMIO's genealogy.

Michelle is definitely thinner. She looks like she could be shrinking too but it's hard to tell since Jill is the tallest girl. I'd need to see her with Jinger or Jessa to know for sure. I have no doubt she'll end up shrinking. Growing endless fetuses takes a lot of calcium and until the last couple they spent many years on a strict budget with no time or money for proper nutrition.  Unless she's a milk and cheese addict it's near impossible that she got enough calcium for endless births and breastfeeding. 

So, let me get this straight.  The girls filed a 15 million dollar lawsuit because everyone figured out their names, from Josh's police report, because they are celebrities. Because their family lives their lives very publicly (like giving birth and other personal stuff) on tv.  Living their lives on tv is how they make their money. But since the public figured out that the family covered up sex abuse by one of their members to maintain the illusion they were the perfect family, they are crying "ohh, poor us, we lost income".

When the author Danielle Steele's son committed suicide, it was heavily published. She sued about the loss of privacy, and lost, because she was a public figure.

The Duggars lawsuit makes absolutely no freakin sense.  Nobody would have figured out which girls were abused if they themselves did not sell the details of their lives on international television.

I'm wondering if Michelle really has lost that much weight, or if it's not a lot to do with the fact that she isn't wearing her extremely ill-fitting lime green blouse. Does anyone have a comparison picture?

Michelle does look thinner and shorter.Since she has not had anymore babies,I think she looks good for a woman who has had that many children.Kelly Bates looks like she has gained weight.Not being mean,just an observation.

With all of her pregnancies,I wonder if she might have osteoporosis.I would not wish that on anyone.My grandmother had it,and she lost inches in her original height,5'2 and my grandmother had a small frame.

I think Jill looks good.

17 hours ago, SuhrEnity said:

Because being a mama is more important than being a daughter of course!!!! It's what women were made for

Makes me wonder - does JIlly ever refer to JB and OfJB as "this sweet grandma and grandpa" in pictures?

17 hours ago, TuringMachine said:

THE BLESSING THAT IS IN MY WOMB!!!!! In my best Uncle Jessie voice - HAVE MERCY!

1 hour ago, Swamptribe said:

The Duggars lawsuit makes absolutely no freakin sense.  Nobody would have figured out which girls were abused if they themselves did not sell the details of their lives on international television.

Note: Super sorry for the long post, it got away from me.

I totally get what you're saying, and I agree to an extent. But, if I'm remembering correctly, and there's every chance that I'm not, only Jill and Jessa were married at the time the scandals came out. That means that they were the only ones with access to a different lifestyle if they'd wanted it. 

The girls, all four of them, never really had much choice of their lives being thrown out there for the viewers to watch and snark on, because it started before they were of an age to really know what it all meant. I think that Jana was only 13 or so at the time of the first special (but again, my memory is rusty) so all the others would have been much younger. That was all Jimbob and Michelle choosing this lifestyle and lack of privacy for their daughters, and because their daughters had to be obedient or face whatever hellish consequences are dealt for not putting on a sweet side for TV.

I guess what I'm trying to say, in my own long-winded way, is that I think Jinger and Joy have much more of a right to this lawsuit than the other two, purely because none of it was ever their choice, but that Ben and Derick could have taken their wives away from that public life. But then again, that's assigning the control of their lives to another guy, and, again I hit another WTF moment because actually I realise that I feel sorry for all of those girls, women, whatever. Pretty much the only choice they've ever had was who they married and they got stuck with Jimbob-approved idiots who were all to willing to go along with the facade)

No matter how disgusting their beliefs are, and how nasty the posts on instagram get, and no matter how repugnant the cult, I still ache for anyone who's been sexually assaulted. That the four women weren't allowed any therapy and were shamed for years about it and forced to lie and repress their feelings and then it all came out in such a public, awful way. I don't know, y'know? 

I don't think they're entitled to any money, and I believe the biggest villains in all of this are Jimbob, Michelle, and Josh (certainly not the Police or tabloids, even if it is a tad unethical to out a victim). But I do feel for them, and I hope that the lawsuit brings them closure. 

Of course, if I got any of this wrong, I welcome correction; my memory of this whole thing is kinda fuzzy.

(Swamptribe, sorry. This isn't all intended to be aimed at you, I was trying to reply to you and then I got sidetracked and started talking about my own feelings and then suddenly an essay happened? Just to reiterate, I do agree with you for the most part.)

Re: that Instagram post from the roloffs -

i don't follow them but thought from seeing things here they were from the little people big world show...so when I saw #beating50percent I figured it had something to do with dwarfism and their baby and was horrified - but then I looked it up and it's the name of their blog. Are you kidding me?! How condescending. They've been married all of what - 50 seconds and they act like they have the secret to a perfect marriage?!

9 hours ago, Swamptribe said:

So, let me get this straight.  The girls filed a 15 million dollar lawsuit because everyone figured out their names, from Josh's police report, because they are celebrities. Because their family lives their lives very publicly (like giving birth and other personal stuff) on tv. 

If they wanted to sue, Jill and Jessa definitely should not have announced themselves as victims on Megyn Kelly. That isn't going to help their case. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived