IGNORED

Dillards 30 - Lawsuit Tweets and Leaving Danger America

choralcrusader8613

On ‎5‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 10:16 AM, Mela99 said:

Makes me wonder - does JIlly ever refer to JB and OfJB as "this sweet grandma and grandpa" in pictures?

Can I just say how much I love the Handmaid's Tale reference?  Unfortunately it's probably not too far off from the Duggars' ideal world (except for the Baptists being one of the sects that was banned in Gilead).

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Feminist_Defrauder91 said:

Can I just say how much I love the Handmaid's Tale reference?  Unfortunately it's probably not too far off from the Duggars' ideal world (except for the Baptists being one of the sects that was banned in Gilead).

I am loving that show! It's eerily believable, especially under the reign of Trump. What if the dismantling of Planned Parenthood is the first step towards our own Gilead-style society. Does the show have a thread here? 

Planned Parenthood of the Heartland was just forced to close two clinics in Iowa because our state government voted to stop giving funding to the organization. Makes me want to rage.

I'm surprised that the ones in Oklahoma are still operating. But also The number of people I meet in the past couple of years that believes that abortion is all that they do is shocking.

With the latest goals of most GOPs to shut down organizations that supports a person decision & education when it comes to family planning does make it seem like a future like The Hand Maid's Tale a possibility.

If anyone interested this is a video Joss Whedon did about a possible future of when Planned Parenthood no longer exist.

Welp, reality was worse than my memory. Planned Parenthood of the Heartland was forced to close FOUR clinics here in Iowa. I mean, I knew this was eventually going to happen, which was why I made a donation specifically to my state's Planned Parenthood on inauguration day. Our stupid Republican-controlled legislature....

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/news/2017/05/18/planned-parenthood-close-four-iowa-clinics-after-legislative-defunding/330284001/

Oops didn't realize I forgot to link the video (
).

That video was powerful. I have a few people in my life who should watch it to realize that PP is about way more than abortion.

My fundie first husband insisted I take his last name even though my sister and I are the last of our generation with our names. It's a cool, unusual ethnic lady name and I really liked my initials and how unique my name was. But being a good Christian wife I agreed to change my name. I hated it. Changed it back as soon as the divorce was final and it felt great.

When Mr. Puma and I were discussing marriage I told him I wasn't changing my name. He understood and never pressured me to. And our daughter is adopted and already 12 so we weren't about to make her change her last name. So the three of us each have different last names. Still a family, just different.

Fine I love Joss Whedon more than I already do for making Buffy the Vampire Slayer!

1 minute ago, Chocolatedefrauded said:

Fine I love Joss Whedon more than I already do for making Buffy the Vampire Slayer!

I've always had a little fan crush on him.  I almost used 5 by 5 as my user name.  Still kind of wish I had.

Joss Whedon has always been one of my favorite creators. Him, JK Rowling, Leonardo DiCaprio, Titanic, and Louise May Allocot in some odd ways have had massive influence in my life. 

Plus having an all out fan girl moment for Joss Whedon got me my first boyfriend. 

On ‎5‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 6:39 AM, VeganCupcake said:

I am loving that show! It's eerily believable, especially under the reign of Trump. What if the dismantling of Planned Parenthood is the first step towards our own Gilead-style society. Does the show have a thread here? 

Gosh I hope not :( it is so timely though.  not sure about a thread, since I mostly stick to the Duggar and Bates forums.

On 5/22/2017 at 5:11 PM, VelociRapture said:

It used to be. Pretty much everyone I know who has gotten married in the last ten years has kept their middle name though. I did the same. I share it with my mom and we gave our daughter a variant of it for her first name.

I really wanted my name to be First Middle Maiden Married, but the marriage license form in California at the time only let you have 3 names! I ended up going with First Maiden Married. I was angry I couldn't keep my middle name, but I wasn't about to drop my maiden name for it. 

2 hours ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

Jill looks pretty pleased with herself.

She's at her daughter's wedding. Is it really so snarkworthy that she's smiling and happy? 

2 hours ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

Jill looks pretty pleased with herself.

it's because she is back in the states and pregnant with number 2 and her daughter is getting married. 

The plan is working in her life 

Jill looks a lot like Jim Bob,to me.In fact,like the female version of JIm Bob.Isreal looks like JIll,who looks like JIm Bob.

I thought Joy looked a lot like her Dad,too.But I can see some of Jessa in her,too.

Spurge looks like Jessa,to me.

I saw a picture of Michelle as a little girl,I think Josie looks like her.

I can't decide for Jenny and Jordyn.Johannah is a Jana,Joy combo,to me.

I can't decide who Jana looks like ,either.

Jill looks like JIm Bob.

Jessa and JInger more like Michelle,to me.

4 minutes ago, melon said:

I can't decide who Jana looks like ,either.

I'm endlessly fascinated by Jana's face - it seems so very different at different angles - like that photo with the baby and the 'phone. It took a long time to work out who it was.

1 hour ago, MadeItOut said:

I'm endlessly fascinated by Jana's face - it seems so very different at different angles - like that photo with the baby and the 'phone. It took a long time to work out who it was.

She does look different depending on the angle her picture is taken and on which hairstyle she's sporting. I think she resembles JB since I can barely tell her and Jill apart in their childhood pictures.

3 hours ago, Italiangirl said:

Who do you think Josie look like? I can't decide.

I think she resembles Jackson the most. Also, I think Jennifer looks a lot like Jana.  

For some reason, I think Jordyn may look the most like Michelle out of all her siblings. Idk. It's something about the eyes and the smile.

Just lighting alone can make a face look dramatically different. There's a cool video showing this:

On 5/27/2017 at 8:07 PM, Feminist_Defrauder91 said:

Gosh I hope not :( it is so timely though.  not sure about a thread, since I mostly stick to the Duggar and Bates forums.

Yes there is a Handmaid's Tale thread in Quiverfull of TV. Just a reminder,  we have a robust search function on FJ. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived