IGNORED

Dillards 30 - Lawsuit Tweets and Leaving Danger America

choralcrusader8613

On May 22, 2017 at 5:01 PM, Lyle Lanley said:

I just skimmed over the last thread on this. Did the Duggars listen to any legal advice whatsoever? It is not the wisest decision to speak about a lawsuit you are involved in. Even something as innocent as Jill tweeted out.

The first thing a lawyer tells you is to shut up. I doubt they listen to anybody but Jboob

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That photo of Michelle reminds me of my mom & that's alarming since my mom is in her 80s. The last couple of years she lost 3 inches in height & her teeth are starting to fall out. She had 6 kids in 10 years, which may not matter. She feels so fragile when you hug her. The difference is my mom was still healthy, vital & vigorous in her late 40s & early 50s. She had no health problems until her 70s. Michelle looks old & frail before her time.

as others have mentioned, having lots of babies takes nutrients from the mom. I suspect it contributed to women dying at an early age in the Middle Ages. We know Michelle's diet was not/ is not the best. It really shows now.

3 hours ago, picklepizzas said:

Re: that Instagram post from the roloffs -

i don't follow them but thought from seeing things here they were from the little people big world show...so when I saw #beating50percent I figured it had something to do with dwarfism and their baby and was horrified - but then I looked it up and it's the name of their blog. Are you kidding me?! How condescending. They've been married all of what - 50 seconds and they act like they have the secret to a perfect marriage?!

Is that a reference to the "50% of married couples get divorced" myth? That annoys me because for one thing it has never been true and for another the actual statistic has been decreasing. If you get married you're more likely to stay married than to get divorced. https://www.nytimes.com/2014/12/02/upshot/the-divorce-surge-is-over-but-the-myth-lives-on.html?smid=tw-share&abt=0002&abg=0&_r=1

@Escadora14 Children and Pregnant Again was released September 2004. The kids were the following ages:

Josh - 16

Jana and John - 14

Jill - 13

Jessa - 11 (November birthday)

Jinger - 10 (December birthday)

Joseph - 9

Josiah - 8

Joy - 6 (October birthday)

Jed & Jer - 5 (December birthday)

Jason - 4

James - 3

Justin - 1 (November birthday)

Jackson - born during show.

The kids with birthdays after September have been noted. They'd be another year older by the end of December.

I find Audrey and whats his name to be the epitome self-entitled millennial hipsters. And that post of hers, I want to dump a bucket of GMO non organic full gluten table scraps from an Applebees over her head. They are so full of themselves.  And what happened to their other 2 kids we never hear about them? Or I just don't pay attention. 

There's no way Michelle isn't shrinking. She grew 20 kids! Or wait, 21? I know her first pregnancy was a very early loss but I still say it counts because pregnancy takes a lot out of you at every stage. Those babies had to have sucked everything out of that woman. Jill looks fantastic!

I changed my name when I got married and I regret it. I was only 18 when I got married so I didn't need to keep my last name for professional reasons and my dad and husband kept bugging me about how changing your name is the right thing, so I did. I wish I would have hyphenated though. I'm seriously considering doing it at some point. My maiden name is super rare. I'm 99% sure I was the only person in the US with that name. I love having the same last name as my kids but I miss my name. 

36 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I find Audrey and whats his name to be the epitome self-entitled millennial hipsters. And that post of hers, I want to dump a bucket of GMO non organic full gluten table scraps from an Applebees over her head. They are so full of themselves.  And what happened to their other 2 kids we never hear about them? Or I just don't pay attention. 

Audrey and the J Guy are pregnant with their first - a girl (I feel real bad for that kid already.) Do you mean the other Roloff kids? 

Zach and his wife, Tori, welcomed a son named Jackson last week.

Molly is engaged.

Jacob resents growing up on the show, won't participate, and may be an Atheist. I think he has a girlfriend.

On 5/22/2017 at 9:14 AM, Four is Enough said:

I thought it was de rigeur, according to Emily Post, to have one's name be First Maiden Married after marriage, dropping the middle name. No hyphens, no parentheses, etc.

Of course, the sky's the limit now. I've even known some couples to adopt a completely different for both last name.

I love Emily Post! I am always amazed people don't know who she is or what she and the family have done. Or that British people don't know about Debrett's. 

At this point, I think the Duggar girls are so used to being on tv, it was never a thought to continue being on tv after marriage. It's probably the only way they know how to live life (fucked up, no?). And for the duration of the show, the family has heavily edited the negative parts of their lives to the point where the girls expect that things they don't like are automatically out of bounds for public consumption. People often forget that they don't know how the real world works.

1 hour ago, VelociRapture said:

Jacob resents growing up on the show, won't participate, and may be an Atheist. I think he has a girlfriend.

He does have a girlfriend and they are currently on vlogging their road trip.

2 hours ago, TuringMachine said:

He does have a girlfriend and they are currently on vlogging their road trip.

I think Jacob is ok with vlogging because he has CONTROL over the content. He can edit out moments that may put him in a bad light.

On the show he was the troubled child. He had no control over what was put on TV and his bad behavior ended up on the show. He never had a choice to tell the camera to stop filming. He also did  not have the choice to walk away. He was a child who trusted his parents and they failed him on so many levels.

The reality kids I always feel awful are are Jon & Kate's 8, especially the older girls, who were presented as bratty and irritating - but hell, that life was crazy, the best kid in the world would act out to try to get some attention, especially as her parents' marriage was imploding, let alone with all the baby siblings around.

6 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

@Escadora14 Children and Pregnant Again was released September 2004. The kids were the following ages:

Josh - 16

Jana and John - 14

Jill - 13

Jessa - 11 (November birthday)

Jinger - 10 (December birthday)

Joseph - 9

Josiah - 8

Joy - 6 (October birthday)

Jed & Jer - 5 (December birthday)

Jason - 4

James - 3

Justin - 1 (November birthday)

Jackson - born during show.

The kids with birthdays after September have been noted. They'd be another year older by the end of December.

Let's not forget that that show started taping when Mechelle got her 20 week "gender" test with Jackson. His birthday was this week, so they started taping somewhere around Jan. 2004 for that and the basic introduction information. They came back in May for the birth. Josh, Jill, Jana and JD all could have (or did) have birthdays during filming (depends on when the ultrasound was for the twins). And Jill had definitely had her birthday before Jackson's birth taping; they're a week apart. We can't go by when the show actually aired to ascertain ages of the victims. TLC was most likely negotiating with the Duggars for this special when Smuggar was in his first stint of Jesus Jail. These specials take time to pitch and produce before they even roll a camera, and from what we know now, Joy was abused during this time, having started taping not long after she turned 6. The gap in taping coincided with Smuggar's trip to Little Rock. Don't forget, the Duggars were on TLC's radar since that Handmaiden picture from Boob's failed Senate bid in 2002. Who knows what TLC knew or when they found out?  These kids were as much as two years younger between the time the nugget of a special popped into some producer at TLC's mind to its actual airing. A lot happened in those two years, including most of the abuse. 

Just food for thought. 

37 minutes ago, DarkAnts said:

I think Jacob is ok with vlogging because he has CONTROL over the content. He can edit out moments that may put him in a bad light.

On the show he was the troubled child. He had no control over what was put on TV and his bad behavior ended up on the show. He never had a choice to tell the camera to stop filming. He also did  not have the choice to walk away. He was a child who trusted his parents and they failed him on so many levels.

Oh I totally agree. I didn't mean to imply that he was being a hypocrite or anything, just mentioning what he's up to.

@marmaladeI agree. It was just easier to go by when it was released since that's a set date.

Joy was assaulted sometime in March 2003 and Josh was in the "treatment" program March through July 2003. He would have been back for filming well before January 2004. So any gaps in filming aren't likely to be because of that.

ETA: Based off the reports, we know Jill would have been no older than 10 when her assault(s) occurred. Josh confessed the first time around March 2002, putting Jill at 10 at the most. Someone else mentioned somewhere that Jill was in double digits and almost seemed to imply that's why she may have coped better or something - she was in double digits, but just barely. She was still extremely young when she was assaulted.

(I could be completely wrong about what that other poster meant. If they see this and I'm wrong, then it'd be great if they could explain what they really meant.)

12 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

This, a million times. They are the worse...and her use of adjectives (real and made-up ones) is just endlessly annoying.

It is "always more" self-righteousness and bad writing with these two. It never ends. 

Hmmmm. Michelle is definitely thinner. Maybe she is focusing on fitness, maybe she is ill. Guess time will tell... And wow. If I didn't know better I'd say she was stoned. She looks like towlie from south park. I immediately did that voice "I am soooooo high right now" when i saw the pic. :laughing-rollingred:

9 hours ago, DarkAnts said:

He [Jacob Roloff] also did  not have the choice to walk away. He was a child who trusted his parents and they failed him on so many levels.

Agree 100%  I have zero respect for his two idiot parents.

Oh, the Roloffs are all kinds of messed up. Jeremy and Audrey especially are so self-rightous. They're basically fundie lite, but with a tumblr/pinterest photos to make themselves seem appealing.

If you are annoyed by them, feel free to come join us in the LPBW thread!

I didn't change my name when I got married. I resented the idea that I was expected to change but my husband wasn't. He wanted us to have the same name - one family, one name -and said wasn't about me having his name, blah blah blah, so I told him he could take mine. He declined. I said we could both hyphenate. He declined. I said we could pick a new last name for both of us. He declined. I said, then you really just want me to take your name. He conceded the point. 

Our son has my husband's last name so sometimes doctors and such assume it's mind and I'm fine with that (not fine with my passive-agressive family members who use his last name as mine). I'm pregnant with our second boy and I'd like to give him my last name, but my husband is very strongly against it so I'm not sure how that will turn out.

I changed mine when I got married. When I got divorced after 17 years- I was about to change my name back...but my daughter-in high school at the time- begged me not to. So, I didn't change it, it has been 6 years now and I guess I'm too lazy to. LOL

13 minutes ago, colliemae said:

Our son has my husband's last name so sometimes doctors and such assume it's mind and I'm fine with that (not fine with my passive-agressive family members who use his last name as mine). I'm pregnant with our second boy and I'd like to give him my last name, but my husband is very strongly against it so I'm not sure how that will turn out.

I have a friend that didn't change her last name (partly because it would have sounded ridiculous with her first) and their first daughter has her last name and second has his.

I changed my name when I got married. I went from one popular last name to another.

20 hours ago, patsymae said:

The first thing a lawyer tells you is to shut up. I doubt they listen to anybody but Jboob

No fundie alive knows the meaning of the words "shut up."

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived