IGNORED

Sierra - Return of the Strawberries and New Babies

choralcrusader8613

37 minutes ago, catlady said:

Sierra calls her husband "my sleeve when i'm crying & don't have a tissue."  now, i realize she means that he dries her tears, but it just makes me think of a snotrag.  ewww.  there has to be a better metaphor.

She might as well call him the tampon she bleeds on

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, SuhrEnity said:

She might as well call him the tampon she bleeds on

Omg hahahahahaha :giggle::pb_lol:

1 hour ago, Lulu22du said:

That's all just for show. I've watched her Instagram live sessions where her husband will sometimes pop in. She just seems annoyed by him. Like she wants to yell at him, but is painfully restraining herself. Behind the scenes I don't think they get along well. She even said awhile ago that she wasn't sure they'd last. I think Sierra wants to be a Duggar so bad.

And sadly they're about to have a 6th baby. She really shouldn't have had all those kids if she didn't think they'd last. A child doesn't save a marriage. Never has, never will. 

I just don't "get" Sierra's husband. I don't think I've ever actually heard him say anything. Based on her blog entry about their meeting, I would have thought that he was the slimiest, most patriarchal, Jim Bobbiest kind of guy (big strong fundamentalist manly man saving heathen, working, tattoo-having Sierra), but based on what we currently know, I'm not sure.

Sheer speculation, but it reminds of how we sometimes discuss converts as being "worse"/more intense than those raised in fundamentalist circles. What if Sierra's man loved the idea of a God-loving, stay-at-home wifey, but didn't plan on signing up for fame-hungry Christian wife ready and rearin' to pop out eleventy kids?

I still feel for Sierra. I still think her sharing her abuse, verbally supporting working women, and health issues with pregnancy are super important in their own ways. But in other ways, she's frankly more interesting than the fundies that make me go "Hmm, what does ______ (Jana, Alyssa, Michelle, etc.) think about X? Oh duh, what does Gothard think about X? That."

I just don't "get" Sierra's husband. I don't think I've ever actually heard him say anything. Based on her blog entry about their meeting, I would have thought that he was the slimiest, most patriarchal, Jim Bobbiest kind of guy (big strong fundamentalist manly man saving heathen, working, tattoo-having Sierra), but based on what we currently know, I'm not sure.
Sheer speculation, but it reminds of how we sometimes discuss converts as being "worse"/more intense than those raised in fundamentalist circles. What if Sierra's man loved the idea of a God-loving, stay-at-home wifey, but didn't plan on signing up for fame-hungry Christian wife ready and rearin' to pop out eleventy kids?
I still feel for Sierra. I still think her sharing her abuse, verbally supporting working women, and health issues with pregnancy are super important in their own ways. But in other ways, she's frankly more interesting than the fundies that make me go "Hmm, what does ______ (Jana, Alyssa, Michelle, etc.) think about X? Oh duh, what does Gothard think about X? That."

Her husband is actually pretty funny. He seems like he's still a kid himself. Before they got married they both realized they wanted to have a lot of kids.
I asked her on one of her Instagram live sessions how she affords all those kids. Her reply was it just somehow works out. She said it doesn't make sense on paper, but it works out like it was meant to be. There was sadness behind her eyes though. I can't help but feel sympathy for her.

7 hours ago, OyToTheVey said:

Omg hahahahahaha :giggle::pb_lol:

And sadly they're about to have a 6th baby. She really shouldn't have had all those kids if she didn't think they'd last. A child doesn't save a marriage. Never has, never will. 

I really think that she was a kind of confused, lost late adolescent, and this older guy (he's 35, she's 27) took advantage of her vulnerability. He strikes me as a very slimy guy, and I don't think he'll be of much help to her when she has her LRB (Laundry Room Breakdown). Just have another baby, honey, that will solve it.

I did not realize her husband was 35. Maybe he wanted to find a younger woman who he could mold and shape and it seems he did. 

1 minute ago, Jana814 said:

I did not realize her husband was 35. Maybe he wanted to find a younger woman who he could mold and shape and it seems he did. 

Kind of like Jeremy. 

I knew she was young....but her pics at Joy's wedding make her look much older.  Though the first 5 yrs of my 2nd kid's life, I felt 50, instead of mid 30's.  Two toddlers....and I lived exhaustion.  

14 minutes ago, Rachel333 said:

He's 35? Ugh, and if she's on #6 at 27 then she must have married quite young.

She was 19 or 20 depending on the date they got married (all I have is 2009).

5 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

I really think that she was a kind of confused, lost late adolescent, and this older guy (he's 35, she's 27) took advantage of her vulnerability. He strikes me as a very slimy guy, and I don't think he'll be of much help to her when she has her LRB (Laundry Room Breakdown). Just have another baby, honey, that will solve it.

She probably thinks he saved her from being a heathen. Like here's this older guy who's interested in me and he's telling me I can be saved. Even in her wedding dress was strapless. She didn't become super into religion until after they were married. And now I think she's trying to use her spotlight to show how mighty and powerful being saved is. He was probably 27 , 28 when she was 19 and they got married. That's just creepy. I always wondered about her parents. 

49 minutes ago, OyToTheVey said:

He was probably 27 , 28 when she was 19 and they got married. That's just creepy. I always wondered about her parents. 

Her parents made her continue to associate with the man who molested her, so that pretty much tells me everything I need to know about them.

1 hour ago, OyToTheVey said:

She probably thinks he saved her from being a heathen. Like here's this older guy who's interested in me and he's telling me I can be saved. Even in her wedding dress was strapless. She didn't become super into religion until after they were married. And now I think she's trying to use her spotlight to show how mighty and powerful being saved is. He was probably 27 , 28 when she was 19 and they got married. That's just creepy. I always wondered about her parents. 

I have read a blog post of hers detailing how their relationship began and I was annoyed. The post is still up. Sierra wrote that she dropped out of college and was working when Mark stopped by her place of employment. He made some rude remark about her tattoo and they ended up falling in love. I honestly believe she was feeling a little lost and vulnerable and ended up marrying a man who seemed very into her. 

Well my husband was 35 when I was 19 and started dating. 12 years and two kids later we're still going strong. Sometimes it just works out despite the age difference. 

1 hour ago, Chewing Gum said:

Well my husband was 35 when I was 19 and started dating. 12 years and two kids later we're still going strong. Sometimes it just works out despite the age difference. 

Second that, we had the same exact age difference as Sierra and her husband when we met. By that time he had finished college and had already lived with another women. I was still in college  and came straight from the parental home to his. 

But I do think I would have turned out differently if we hadn't started dating. Not in a saved me kind of way, he just influenced part of me growing up because of just being around. So depending on the guy, I guess, that can be a bad or a good thing.

4 hours ago, season of life said:

I have read a blog post of hers detailing how their relationship began and I was annoyed. The post is still up.

Where can I find this blog post?

I have to admit to a bit of a soft spot for Sierra, and I kind of liked the story of how she met her husband.  At the very least, she seems to have developed a bit of humility as a result of her less than ideal life to date (unlike the Duggars and Bates who will not admit to the same).  Still don't agree with her religious views at all.

I always get upset reading her posts about being broken or full of sin. Why does she beat herself up over small things? Her blog post about the plate, for example, in which she calls herself an eyesore for being understandably upset that her son dropped a special plate. You aren't a terrible person for your homophobic beliefs, but for human emotions?

Sierra's writing is so melodramatic. I don't tend to believe her stories. She just seems to be writing what she (mistakenly) thinks makes for a good story rather than the truth. This isn't a shitty rom-com movie, so I doubt Mark really had to break down her defenses like that. She probably thought he was cute and was interested in him from their first meeting.

13 hours ago, Coy Koi said:

Sierra's writing is so melodramatic. I don't tend to believe her stories.

Exactly! it's like she's angling for some "Christian love and the the sin washing Rufus saved my black soul" type show on TLC. YOU'RE NOT INTERESTING ENOUGH SIERRA! No one cares

14 hours ago, season of life said:

Why does she beat herself up over small things?

Because that's what they believe. Every little moment she's not grateful, graceful, obedient and full of joy is her committing a sin

I don't get how Mark broke down her defenses in that story.  She noticed him trying to get his attention, she flirted and he was cold and rebuffed her, next time he came in, he ignored her,  while she tried to get his attention, until he decided she needed help, and when she sought his approval, rewarded her. He sounds like a Pick Up Artist, to be honest.

7 hours ago, Lurky said:

I don't get how Mark broke down her defenses in that story.  She noticed him trying to get his attention, she flirted and he was cold and rebuffed her, next time he came in, he ignored her,  while she tried to get his attention, until he decided she needed help, and when she sought his approval, rewarded her. He sounds like a Pick Up Artist, to be honest.

Well she actually says he did: "In that moment, I looked up at him. My defense was broken, and he could read it all over my face. I was drained, and my big eyes revealed exhaustion. Underneath all the make up, was a girl who was tired of searching." So that's the story she's trying to tell. She was flirting, but in a sinful, immodest way, and he was too godly and upstanding to respond to that type of wickedness. Instead, he saved her from the dangerous path she was on, being a teenager working at a video store and having a tattoo and all. If he got her to believe that load of crap, then I agree, he does sound like a Pick Up Artist. So yeah, sounds like we're pretty much saying the same thing.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived