IGNORED

Sierra - Return of the Strawberries and New Babies

choralcrusader8613

3 minutes ago, HeathenBlondie said:

I haven't played the Sims in a few years so it's cool seeing this discussion! The most kids I ever gave a family was three and never had too many families either.

Where can you buy the games now a days? Is it just an online thing or are there CD's? I'd love to start playing again in my spare time.

I got the Sims 3 in cd form. I don't know about 4 though. 

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

I got the Sims 3 in cd form. I don't know about 4 though. 

Good to know! I'll have to get Sims 3 and start playing again.

You can get the games through EA Origin. I'm an avid gamer, and usually revert to the Sims to calm down after playing a high-stakes horror game or something to relax and get my heart rate back down. I also mod the shit out of it. I had a fundie family and managed to get in 13 or so kids until mom died in a fire... whoops.

THIS is a PSA:

Do NOT buy Sims 4 - it is trash. I repeat; it is TRASH. They've gone back to loading screens when traveling, forgot to add toddlers, graphics are terrible, clothing options are terrible and sims are more whiney than ever.  

It's a waste of money. 

Now back to you're regular scheduled programming. 

55 minutes ago, Jinder Roles said:

THIS is a PSA:

Do NOT buy Sims 4 - it is trash. I repeat; it is TRASH. They've gone back to loading screens when traveling, forgot to add toddlers, graphics are terrible, clothing options are terrible and sims are more whiney than ever.  

It's a waste of money. 

Now back to you're regular scheduled programming. 

Actually they brought back the toddlers.  Still prefer Sims 3 though

8 hours ago, HeathenBlondie said:

I haven't played the Sims in a few years so it's cool seeing this discussion! The most kids I ever gave a family was three and never had too many families either.

Where can you buy the games now a days? Is it just an online thing or are there CD's? I'd love to start playing again in my spare time.

I know you can get them direct from Origin, but I'm not sure how (the Sims4 that I have was a gift from EA after a really bad customer care complaint that took into count of weeks. The manager I eventually dealt with gifted it to me for helping him out with some sideways related stuff). Haven't had chance to play it yet as said PC just can't manage. It's just about coping with sims 2, only the ground is pink, the walls won't load and you simply can't load to any community lots, or it crashes.

17 hours ago, Pasta said:

You can get a download or buy CDs in some stores and on Amazon.

Drat it, I can't play today, I have to work! And I already have too many kids in this generation of my legacy!

17 hours ago, HeathenBlondie said:

I just bought the downloads, since I don't have a cd drive on my laptop. but I think the discs are still available.

15 hours ago, TuringMachine said:

Actually they brought back the toddlers.  Still prefer Sims 3 though

I prefer Sims 3, but it runs terribly on my computer. 4 is so much smoother (although still has it's own bugs). The toddlers in 4 are also way better and toddler-like than in 3. They're the most fleshed-out life stage in the game. As a legacy player, I'm really excited for the game pack coming out on Tuesday. It's called Parenthood and is supposed to enhance family game play. The trailers look cool. 

Thanks to this thread drift, I just (re)installed Sims 3 for iPad. It isn't as much fun as the desktop version, but it is entertaining enough for 10-15 minute sessions.

I just wanted to let you all know that my 31st generation of my sim family was born and is now a toddler.  I named her Aisley. I've set the life stage ranges short so they're a baby, toddler, child, and teenager for only 2sim days.  

27 minutes ago, Pasta said:

I just wanted to let you all know that my 31st generation of my sim family was born and is now a toddler.  I named her Aisley. I've set the life stage ranges short so they're a baby, toddler, child, and teenager for only 2sim days.  

How do you change the age settings?

Unpopular opinion/bitch corner time, I never did see the appeal of Sims. I played it for a bit but it just seemed to be a lot of picking up rubbish so they don't get depressed and going to work. I do enough of that in my real life, so it wasn't the "escape" that some video games are. 

35 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Unpopular opinion/bitch corner time, I never did see the appeal of Sims. I played it for a bit but it just seemed to be a lot of picking up rubbish so they don't get depressed and going to work. I do enough of that in my real life, so it wasn't the "escape" that some video games are. 

Two words: Cheat. Codes. 

I guess I like sims because you basically follow a formula and most of the time (it throws some curve balls) come out successful - still hard work (sims are giant whiney babies) 

Haha, I'm an anxious mess and sims allows me to do things without worrying about permanently screwing up.

God bless the 'don't save' and 'create a new game' buttons. 

14 hours ago, MadeItOut said:

I know you can get them direct from Origin, but I'm not sure how (the Sims4 that I have was a gift from EA after a really bad customer care complaint that took into count of weeks. The manager I eventually dealt with gifted it to me for helping him out with some sideways related stuff). Haven't had chance to play it yet as said PC just can't manage. It's just about coping with sims 2, only the ground is pink, the walls won't load and you simply can't load to any community lots, or it crashes.

5 hours ago, karen77 said:

I just bought the downloads, since I don't have a cd drive on my laptop. but I think the discs are still available.

Thanks to you both! I'll probably go the download route this time for Sims. At least I won't lose the CD's which is why I quit playing in the first place. A few years ago I had some Sim version for my phone, but it seemed like you had to be playing it all the time and performing tasks. It got to be tedious.

4 hours ago, ViolaSebastian said:

I get that. Mr MIO isn't a fan.

It's a couple things - for one I was always a dollhouse/imagine-play type, plus I like the ticking off a list of tasks thing.

These days it's also therapeutic - if I have a day with low mobility I Sim a while & it weirdly feels like having done something. ...I know - I have a very confusing brain now...

2 hours ago, Jinder Roles said:

Two words: Cheat. Codes. 

I guess I like sims because you basically follow a formula and most of the time (it throws some curve balls) come out successful - still hard work (sims are giant whiney babies) 

Haha, I'm an anxious mess and sims allows me to do things without worrying about permanently screwing up.

God bless the 'don't save' and 'create a new game' buttons. 

Yup. I don't like just taking care of basic needs all the time either, so I always use mods to let me play how I want to.

Unfortunately I don't currently have a computer that will let me play the Sims and this topic is really making me miss it.

The names on the board caught my attention. Is this woman trying to scar her children? The J'names a preferable...

On 2017-5-13 at 2:42 AM, catlady said:

i swear this is not an urban legend:  my sister works with a nurse who claimed to have had to talk a 16-year-old girl out of naming her soon-to-be-born daughter Placenta.  the girl apparently thought it was a flower.

This so reminds me of Kath & Kim (Australian comedy series) when Kim is trying to think of names for the baby. "What about Italian? Cause I love Italian names. Cardio. Cardio Infarction."

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

6 hours ago, HurricaneBells said:

This so reminds me of Kath & Kim (Australian comedy series) when Kim is trying to think of names for the baby. "What about Italian? Cause I love Italian names. Cardio. Cardio Infarction."

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

That's very similar to this scene from Coronation Street in the early 90s. There was a stereotypical appearance busty blonde barmaid (who later went on to have awesome, pro equality storylines later) arrived in the street and confesses to the local academic that she'd like to improve her education, so he agrees to teach her French.

The day of the first class comes and he asks her if she's ever learned any. She says something along the lines of she knows how to say 'you are a very attractive woman with eyes that sparkle like stars'.

He asks her to say it and she says 'Voulez vous couche avec moi ce soir' (would you go to bed with me tonight).

The rest of the scene is his reaction shot.

8 hours ago, HurricaneBells said:

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

And ended up naming her baby Epponnee-Raelene Kathleen Darlene Charlene.

Classic!

Sierra calls her husband "my sleeve when i'm crying & don't have a tissue."  now, i realize she means that he dries her tears, but it just makes me think of a snotrag.  ewww.  there has to be a better metaphor.

2 hours ago, Carm_88 said:
Sierra has the adoring gaze down pat. 

That's all just for show. I've watched her Instagram live sessions where her husband will sometimes pop in. She just seems annoyed by him. Like she wants to yell at him, but is painfully restraining herself. Behind the scenes I don't think they get along well. She even said awhile ago that she wasn't sure they'd last. I think Sierra wants to be a Duggar so bad.

And gross about the sleeve to wipe her nose on. Hope that was a joke haha.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived