IGNORED

Sierra - Return of the Strawberries and New Babies

choralcrusader8613

37 minutes ago, BabyBottlePop said:

I'm assuming she had her babies in a hospital? Do we have that right? 

I hope, if she has had these issues in the past she doesn't decide to have an unassisted homebirth "because Jessa did"!

I believe so. I think I remember there being a picture in the hospital, when her last was born. 

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, JMO said:

I also remember the first baby picture being in a hospital bed @Carm_88

Here you go:

And I just want to say, I love photos of parents holding their new babies. You can get photos with such genuine emotions. 

1 hour ago, VelociRapture said:

And I just want to say, I love photos of parents holding their new babies. You can get photos with such genuine emotions. 

Yep! That's the picture that I remember and it's beautiful. :) 

I hope that Sierra has a healthy pregnancy and birth. I think it's ridiculous her husband is fine with getting her pregnant again after her health issues with their last child. I also just had a thought... Imagine if Sierra takes bump photos with Joy-Anna if the latter gets pregnant quickly? Ugh!

On 5/15/2017 at 7:11 PM, meowfundiecatz said:

She has said in a live video that it is not PCOS but just suffers from ovarian cysts and it took them longer than they wanted to get pregnant with her first kid.

That's interesting. I didn't realize there was a distinction. 

I was diagnosed with PCOS at 17, but given very little to go on beyond: "That's the reason you sweat all the time, even getting out of the bath and why you have so much extra hair". It was a CP 'faith based' clinic so of course they followed up with: "You need to have all the children you want in the next ten years as you will struggle after that". Totally an exaggeration and simplification, but scared the heck out of me. Back then I just thought a faith clinic was one where standard medicine was practiced with an element of faith on top. ...I was young - I learned in the end.

My Auntys in- laws were Ella and Sam.

Where I just moved from there was popular pizza place called Sam 'n' Ella chicken palace. Great food but it took me more then a year to get use it as a place

On 5/14/2017 at 6:30 PM, bjr70 said:
We had an intern last year who was a Krystyna.

I actually happen to have a variation of that spelling of Krystyna just with an 'I' for one of the 'y'. It's not a super common spelling but I have meet others with the spelling usually older so personally I never viewed it as a trendy 'y' spelling.

Plus at least a year or two ago that spelling was charting high in Czech.

Popping back in briefly.

I think before someone rolls their eyes at the spelling of a name or a name in general, they should try to do a bit of basic research to see if it's common in another culture. You'd be surprised how many different ways there are to spell even the most "normal" Anglicized name. For example, the name Elizabeth:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elizabeth_(given_name)

Tons of spellings for the same name. Husband and I chose the Germanic spelling, Elisabeth, for our daughter's middle name. I had two relatives on my father's side who bore the name Elsa - it was their legal given name and is originally a diminutive of the longer Elisabeth. Husband had a relative named Isabella and, yes, that's also a form of Elizabeth.

Or the aforementioned Christina/Krystyna:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christina_(given_name)

Or, you can just type a specific spelling or name into Google to see if it's a name from another culture. The internet is pretty fantastic for quickly finding information like that.

Both my nephews names are spelled the Irish way, which is not a big problem here as a lot of people where I live are from Irish decent they both love their names and have rarely had people mispronouncing their names. 

I don't have a problem with people using variants of spellings that are from other countries. What I do have a problem with is parents changing the spellings to be creative. Last year at college I had a boy in my English class called Kallum, he hated it and said he wished his parents had just spelt his name Callum.

On 5/16/2017 at 11:12 AM, BabyBottlePop said:

I'm assuming she had her babies in a hospital? Do we have that right? 

I hope, if she has had these issues in the past she doesn't decide to have an unassisted homebirth "because Jessa did"!

She has had all her children in hospitals, I believe. On a recent live video someone asked her about that and she said "We have hospital births" so I don't think that will change this pregnancy.

I get so annoyed when people post "Bogan baby names" and include perfectly legitimate and traditional names from other cultures.

My niece's middle name is Mercedes.

People go "Ohhh Daddy likes cars!", or consider it a low-class bogan name.

Mercedes is basically the Spanish form of Mary. It's my niece's other (South American) grandmother's name. It's the name of the church her parents were married in. Yes there is a car company called Mercedes but that is not what she is named after.

(Bogan is basically the Australian version of a redneck)

I work retail and I've met some wild ones signing them up for the rewards program. Wayyy too many Nevaehs, an Allegra, and my personal favorite, a man named Excell. 

1 hour ago, GoldSteps72 said:

I work retail and I've met some wild ones signing them up for the rewards program. Wayyy too many Nevaehs, an Allegra, and my personal favorite, a man named Excell. 

Allegra is a legit name (it means joy in Italian); the allergy pill kinda ruined it the same way the car company ruined Mercedes. I think it's a pretty name, but as an allergy sufferer, I don't think I'd want to name my kid Allegra.

19 hours ago, klabourdeth said:

I actually happen to have a variation of that spelling of Krystyna just with an 'I' for one of the 'y'. It's not a super common spelling but I have meet others with the spelling usually older so personally I never viewed it as a trendy 'y' spelling.

Plus at least a year or two ago that spelling was charting high in Czech.

I'd say it's a Slavic spelling. "Krystyna" is actually the only standard variation of "Christina" in Poland. Maybe the intern @bjr70 mentioned was Polish/with Polish roots :)

EDIT: And the idea of it being "tryndy" makes me LOL, here it's like a name for nosy grandmas with a purple perm on their head, hahahaa

6 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

Allegra is a legit name (it means joy in Italian); the allergy pill kinda ruined it the same way the car company ruined Mercedes. I think it's a pretty name, but as an allergy sufferer, I don't think I'd want to name my kid Allegra.

Or Yasmin, a beautiful Arabic name picked for a birth control pill.

Ten bucks says there's some stupid story floating around the internet making fun of someone for naming their kid after the birth control brand when it's an actual baby name. :roll:

11 hours ago, GoldSteps72 said:

Hey now I have a Nevaeh! I love it and it suits her so well lol

I went to college with a guy named Ryan Seacrest. I met him at a bar and legitimately made him pull out his driver's license to see if that was his real name. It sure was. Also discovered we have the exact same birthday (month, day and year). Poor guy. American Idol sure did a number on his name. When he walked across the stage at commencement, they called, "Ryan Seacrest!" and the room of about 3,000 college students actually snickered. 

I nearly inherited the middle name 'McAnniny' at the insistence of a family matriarch. Thanks to Mum for standing strong and vetoing that one.

Would've been quite the moothfae with my other names :pb_eek:

11 hours ago, SuhrEnity said:

Hey now I have a Nevaeh! I love it and it suits her so well lol

Nevaeh is a beautiful name and I'm sure it does! It's too bad that in my small town it's one of the most common names haha.

It looks like Sierra made her IG private. There were some nasty messages in her latest posts. Maybe that's why?

7 hours ago, TuringMachine said:

It looks like Sierra made her IG private. There were some nasty messages in her latest posts. Maybe that's why?

I also noticed that. How can she sell us cupcakes and lipgloss and cookies with a private IG?

Perhaps a temporary wedding blackout???

8 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

I also noticed that. How can she sell us cupcakes and lipgloss and cookies with a private IG?

Perhaps a temporary wedding blackout???

Is this around the time she does an Instagram live? Because I remember people saying that she locks up her instagram then. 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived