IGNORED

Jana's Future 4 - Family Ties

choralcrusader8613

There are dozens and dozens of pics of Jonathan closely with the Duggars over the past 6 years. A few years ago, he toured with the Duggars on the big bus for a political campaign and the girls' book signing. He was also at Amy's wedding in 2015. Also, the pic everyone is making a big deal of reads "1 on 1 with Mr. Duggar." NOT "1 on 1 time" as everyone thinks it means.  

They're bowling. Correct me if I'm wrong but with sport Related activities, the phrase "1 on 1" means going against 1 other opponent. When I first read it, that's exactly what  thought he meant, that it was just a match between him and JB. Can't only two people play a game anyways in bowling? It doesn't mean they went to bowl solely by themselves. The camera shows only a direct frontward shot. It doesn't show any side or rear shots. 

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hartono lists "Personal Assistant" to JB Duggar on his LinkedIn account from 5/12 - 8/13. This would have overlapped college (2011-15), so I assume this was over two summers. Experience as follows: 

-Executed Mr. Duggar's weekly lawn care assignments for his various properties

-Organized and Maintained Mr. Duggar's storage facilities
-Made 15 wooden bunk beds as part of a project to re-organize bedroom space
-Moved furnitures and equipments from facility to facility
-Executed various campaigning activities for political causes in the area that Mr. Duggar was involved with

If anything was going to happen with Jana (or any of the girls, who were all still single for most of the time he was there - Jessa and Ben were still just "getting to know" one another as late as 8/13), it would have happened over these two summers. It didn't. End of story. 

I don't see it happening. JB is racist. Jonathan and Jennifer are ok to help with the kids, do yard work and carpentry, and even forge close friendships. But he's not going to let any of his precious progeny marry outside of the master race. 

He's such an ass. 

29 minutes ago, Nikedagain? said:

I don't see it happening. JB is racist. Jonathan and Jennifer are ok to help with the kids, do yard work and carpentry, and even forge close friendships. But he's not going to let any of his precious progeny marry outside of the master race.

Proof? I don't see any. I can't stand JimBob because of his bigotry and hateful beliefs either. And yes, most people have subconscious racial biases that are a challenge to overcome.

But this is a bit over the top without any practical evidence. Maybe there is from his campaigning days that I missed and I'm wrong....

Radar listed it as a Story....you, know, click bait, implying it was a done deal. The tidbit I found interesting was at the bottom of the article, and stated that Jonathan Hartono was contacted by Radar for the article, but he DECLINED TO COMMENT. That raised my eyebrows a bit. That was the first moment I thought there might possibly be a shred of truth to the story. Otherwise, I thought it was nonsense.

Specifically it said "Jonathan declined to respond to Radar’s request for comment." To me it means they contacted him but received no response. I personally don't see anything out of the ordinary with that. I mean the only thing they are going off of is that bowling pic. In the article they assumed that Jonathan and JB had a "one-on-one date" so he could ask JB to court Jana. Otherwise they have nothing except pure speculation. Smells like BS to me. 

42 minutes ago, Kjaerringa said:

Radar listed it as a Story....you, know, click bait, implying it was a done deal. The tidbit I found interesting was at the bottom of the article, and stated that Jonathan Hartono was contacted by Radar for the article, but he DECLINED TO COMMENT. That raised my eyebrows a bit. That was the first moment I thought there might possibly be a shred of truth to the story. Otherwise, I thought it was nonsense.

You're kidding, right? Radar is an online gossip rag. He'd have to be clinically insane and/or really want to alienate his good friends the Duggars completely if he agreed to comment.

Michael Bates is the oldest daughter of a fundie family yet she was allowed to marry and leave. What's the difference here? I am genuinely curious, as I know very little about fundie beliefs. I googled the Bates and they have children younger than Josie yet Michael is not there helping to raise them. I just can't imagine keeping a daughter at home simply due to birth order. I hope they are not actually doing that but you can never tell with the Duggars, I suppose.

I used to have a nagging fear that they were not allowing Jana to marry but I really dont think its true. I just dont think they would do that. I think they want all their kids to marry and produce grandkids, it seems like thats a really big deal to them. Something that they pray for for all the kids from when they are little. Its like the only hope/dream they have for their kids futures. 

54 minutes ago, CatchThatCow said:

Michael Bates is the oldest daughter of a fundie family yet she was allowed to marry and leave. What's the difference here? I am genuinely curious, as I know very little about fundie beliefs. I googled the Bates and they have children younger than Josie yet Michael is not there helping to raise them. I just can't imagine keeping a daughter at home simply due to birth order. I hope they are not actually doing that but you can never tell with the Duggars, I suppose.

I think people believe they won't let Jana marry because Michelle is lazy and doesn't seem to even try to appear like she's parenting. Kelly Bates is equally bad at parenting and (in my opinion)  abused her eldest daughters by basically forcing them to raise her younger kids for her. Yet she gets a pass for this because her eldest daughters have all married and because Kelly is a much better bullshitter than Michelle is.

That, plus the Bateses have ten daughters who are spread out in the birth order. The Duggars have nine daughters who - aside from Joy - were born in groups. Meaning the Bateses have a constant supply of daughters old enough to take over as their elder sisters are married off. So the Bateses can technically afford to lose their free labor more than the Duggars.

(Personally, I think the Duggars love the free labor Jana provides. But I also don't think they're purposely preventing anything. I think Jana just hasn't found someone she's interested in.)

I honestly think Jana is doing Jana and that no one is deciding if she marries or not. She probably gets suitors and turns them down for one reason or another. I have high standards so I understand. 

She obviously needs to prove this for us so we can stop debating it hahahah

The Hartono family have been close with the Duggars for years. I would not be shocked if a courtship blossomed from just being great friends. Isn't that what happened with Joy and Austin? Too bad we already know Jonathan is super fundie and is attending a super, crazy, fundie college, to prove it. But at least it's a "college"...right?

3 hours ago, Nikedagain? said:

He's such an ass. 

I've said it before, I'll say it again; JB doesn't care about race. He's concerned about what brand of Christian you are. 

I think Duggars would be happy (and scared! :pb_lol:) if Jana marries, even if it means losing the real "mom" of this house. Younger kids are not babies anymore so they can do chores and care for themselves at the basic level.

Probably Jana has not met the proper guy and she's single because her own will. She'd be the perfect fundie wife so it could be easy for her to marry.

Anyway, I can't compare her with Michael Bates. Kelly and Michelle may seem the same kind of moms, but I have the feeling Michelle may have developed some kind of mental disorder/depression. There's something off on her for what I can see in the videos. Of course I'm just snarking and I know nobody can diagnose any disorder just watching TV, but if she's not well, Jana may feel she has to stay at home to care for her mother and siblings. Also, if jana stays at home she can monitor Josie's is therapies or medical appointments (some preemies have medical appointments for years).

So I think Jana's single because she hasn't fell in love but also because maybe she doesn't trust JB&Michelle parenting the little ones.

2 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

-snip-
There's something off on her for what I can see in the videos. Of course I'm just snarking and I know nobody can diagnose any disorder just watching TV, but if she's not well, Jana may feel she has to stay at home to care for her mother and siblings.
-snip-

Quick sidenote/story . . . so literally the very first time my mother in law ever saw a Duggar episode was the one where Ben and Jessa were getting married (or maybe it was the bachelor party), can't even remember for sure.  Anyways, I debated watching it, for fear she might be like, "WTF?!", but eh she was doodling in the corner.  Of course, she literally manages to look up right when Guinn (sp?) Ben's mom is sitting down with Michelle, and Michelle screeches about how Ben and Jessa could have their own baby within a year.

My mother in law: "Oh my God, she's got crazy eyes.  Like literally crazy.  What is wrong with her?" <-- she didn't even mean it sarcastically.  So uh yeah, my mother in law diagnosed her with a five second clip of the show lol :P

12 hours ago, MsSaylor said:

I used to have a nagging fear that they were not allowing Jana to marry but I really dont think its true. I just dont think they would do that. I think they want all their kids to marry and produce grandkids, it seems like thats a really big deal to them. Something that they pray for for all the kids from when they are little. Its like the only hope/dream they have for their kids futures. 

JB&M preventing Jana from marrying also prevents her from procreating. We know how much Michelle loves GRANDBABIES!!!1!1!!1!, so I also find it hard to believe JB&M are acting as a 'proverbial condom'. I think they will be completely overjoyed when Jana decides to marry.

It really wouldn't shock me if Jana ended up with someone younger than her. She's the most parentified of all of the Duggar kids. Even if you belong to a religion where the man is the headship, it would be hard to go from having all of the responsibility on your shoulders for everything, to having a man take care of it all for you. Subconciously, she may seek out someone younger who would defer to her more, just because shes used to being in charge (inasmuch as women can be in fundie land.) 

If Jana did court and marry Hartono, she might end up living very, very far away from her family.  I don't see her as being up for the adventure of living in Indonesia.

3 hours ago, TeamDefraudinSquad said:

It really wouldn't shock me if Jana ended up with someone younger than her. She's the most parentified of all of the Duggar kids. Even if you belong to a religion where the man is the headship, it would be hard to go from having all of the responsibility on your shoulders for everything, to having a man take care of it all for you. Subconciously, she may seek out someone younger who would defer to her more, just because shes used to being in charge (inasmuch as women can be in fundie land.) 

I don't think she's really in charge of anything that would be a husband's jurisdiction though. Women care for the kids and tend to the house, which is exactly what Jana is doing. 

I actually think Jana would be more inclined to marry someone her age or a little older, or just a bit younger, rather than someone a handful of years younger.  She probably doesn't want to spend the first years of a new life babysitting her husband.  But I have no idea, and also suspect age doesn't matter as much as personality.

As for going to Indonesia, I can see that as a fresh start as much as I can see wanting to stay close in proximity to more friends and to family.  

All that said, I don't believe a word from tabloids.

6 minutes ago, Unicorn said:

All that said, I don't believe a word from tabloids.

Especially since, the tabloids seem to take things that were said in a joking manner here, and spin them into stories. Think Tim Tebow.

20 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

I don't think she's really in charge of anything that would be a husband's jurisdiction though. Women care for the kids and tend to the house, which is exactly what Jana is doing. 

That is very true, shes not really responsible for bills or money handling; Boob or her husband would do that for her. Conversely, there wouldn't be any man in fundie land that would step up and pull his weight with the household chores anyway, so in that sense, she would end up with the responsibility on her shoulders whether if she married someone older or not.  

I always want to believe the tabloids when they say Jana is courting. :pb_lol:Heck, I still want the Tim Tebow courtship to materialize, haha. Tebow would definitely need an air-tight pre-nup if he married into the Duggar family though. I could just see Jim Boob going up to him while he's filling out the questionaire and saying, "Say Tim, I've been scoping some properties up in North Bentonville, and I would be SO blessed if the Lord laid it on your heart to bless us with a 1 million dollar start-up investment. Whaddya say?" 

I don't know what to think about Jana.   I feel like if Hartono has been around the family for several years she would have noticed him back when she was 23,25,26......I feel like them courting now sadly makes me think she's settling.

It's different than Joy and Austin because as soon as Joy was old enough to be interested in boys.....like 14/15 she was interested in Austin.   She's crushed on him for years before she would be allowed to court.     As soon as she could court, she had her Austin, Jana's been hanging out courting eligible for years with this guy always around but just now she's interested?!    I'm not feeling it because it seems illogical to me.

I don't think Jboob and Michele are holding Jana back.   She's helpful around the house of course but they have backfills.  They weren't thinking..."lets keep a Duggar girl around for so long she misses out on all the eligible courting fundie boys so she can work around the house."    They pride themselves in marrying off their girls.    

4 minutes ago, TeamDefraudinSquad said:

That is very true, shes not really responsible for bills or money handling; Boob or her husband would do that for her. Conversely, there wouldn't be any man in fundie land that would step up and pull his weight with the household chores anyway, so in that sense, she would end up with the responsibility on her shoulders whether if she married someone older or not.  

I'm not sure. There are some men in this culture who seem like they're ok with taking on some of the household/family responsibilities. I hate always using him as an example for everything, but Chad Paine seems like he doesn't mind taking a more active parenting role and I want to say he helps out with household chores too. And for all his faults, I think Ben Seewald may be somewhat similar in that regard. Can't know for sure because I don't know them and the shows (and social media) don't tell the whole story.

As for Jana courting, I just want what I want for anyone - for her to be happy and healthy. I'd much rather see her making choices that are right for her rather than conform to whatever expectations her culture demands of her.

And as entertaining as a Tebow courtship would have been, I don't think I'd wish that on him. I disagree with him in some aspects, but I don't think I'd want to subject him to Boob and Mechelle. :pb_lol:

On 5/9/2017 at 11:47 PM, Carm_88 said:

I've said it before, I'll say it again; JB doesn't care about race. He's concerned about what brand of Christian you are. 

Don't be fooled. The brand of Christianity they subscribe to is rife with organizations, people and belief systems that are racist, culturally insensitive and xenophobic at their cores. 

It's subtle but it's there. Examples include their trips to Asia, Ethiopian restaurants and Danger America (the white saviourism is rampant!)

and the fact that, at least a few of them, have voted for Trump and supported other candidates who are racist.

Duggars are great at this surface level colourblindness that makes them more appealing.

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived