IGNORED

Jana's Future 4 - Family Ties

choralcrusader8613

Re: JB and 'gracias' in Asia.

I travelled extensively in Africa and Asia in the 80s and 90s, and in every country there were a few phrases I learnt:

Hello

Please

Thank you

Very good (for meals!)

How much/what is the price?

Goodbye

The VERY BARE minimum for civility! In most, I learnt more, but they were the minimum before I arrived.

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@sawasdee I haven't traveled all that extensively, but my list of phrases also includes a very important one- Where's the bathroom?

YES! One of the first phrases i learnt in Thai - Hong nam, yoo tee nee?

4 hours ago, sawasdee said:

The VERY BARE minimum for civility! In most, I learnt more, but they were the minimum before I arrived.

Great advice. However, my dad would probably do the exact same thing that JB did, honestly.

So back to Jana for a moment. Now that the lawsuit sisters have been married off, does that mean it will now be Jana's turn?

2 minutes ago, WiseGirl said:

Now that the lawsuit sisters have been married off, does that mean it will now be Jana's turn?

I wonder what she's feeling and/or how this affects her prospects as well. I can't imagine how not being one of Josh's victims affect her one or the other. 

6 minutes ago, WiseGirl said:

So back to Jana for a moment. Now that the lawsuit sisters have been married off, does that mean it will now be Jana's turn?

2 minutes ago, snickers34 said:

I wonder what she's feeling and/or how this affects her prospects as well. I can't imagine how not being one of Josh's victims affect her one or the other. 

I don't get it. Why would it "be her turn now." What does the lawsuit have to do with this? Did I miss something?

There's speculation that Jbob was trying to sell off damaged goods and since they're sold,  it's Jana's turn. 

Just now, AnnaRuk09 said:

I don't get it. Why would it "be her turn now." What does the lawsuit have to do with this? Did I miss something?

Yeah, I definitely didn't articulate myself well there. I think more I'm wondering how one might feel being the only non-victim in this horrible situation. I don't know, I can imagine it's a difficult place to be, such torn feelings both ways. It's none of my business.

I don't think her turn is affected by this exactly. I do think that, if she is as shy/private/quiet as she seems to be, that it would be even more difficult to meet "godly" yet quiet non-spotlight type men.

Ah I see, thanks. It might be an unpopular opinion but it's my personal opinion that, in terms of the girls' "turn," the scandal doesn't have absolutely anything to do with why Jana is and has been single all this time while all the younger sister have been taken. I would ask, then why is JD still single? From what we can deduct from everything Duggar, I genuinely think Jana has never met a soul that she sees worth spending the rest of her life with. As an ultra conservative and a fundamentalist Christian, she won't marry until God speaks to her and shows her the one.

Sadly Jana is stuck with the choices Jim Bob brings her. Could you imagine the type he brings her? I wonder if she thinks to herself "my parents trust me to practically run their house, but I can't date like most women my age are able to." Then again maybe there's someone she's interested in, but they aren't interested in the dog and pony show of a courtship. With JD he seems as though his in no rush and once again can't date and any girl he asks to court would expect marriage. The whole thing seems high pressure.

Jana is very sweet, very soft-spoken, and very, very shy. The few times i've been around her, she would busy herself in the kitchen or with the littles, and sometimes she'd have friends/sisters that she'd go off with. I think that her shyness is a big reason she's not married yet. Another reason is probably because, in fundie circles, she's old :5624795033223_They-see-me-rollinroll: at 27. Because it is "better to get married than burn with passion" :5624795033223_They-see-me-rollinroll:, they encourage getting married young. It's sad.

16 minutes ago, FrozenSmile said:

Jana is very sweet, very soft-spoken, and very, very shy. The few times i've been around her, she would busy herself in the kitchen or with the littles, and sometimes she'd have friends/sisters that she'd go off with. I think that her shyness is a big reason she's not married yet. Another reason is probably because, in fundie circles, she's old :5624795033223_They-see-me-rollinroll: at 27. Because it is "better to get married than burn with passion" :5624795033223_They-see-me-rollinroll:, they encourage getting married young. It's sad.

That was always my experience with Jana too, not that I've seen her in years. I remember her always taking care of the little kids while her sisters would socialize.

I'm not sure 27 really is all that old to be single as a fundie. Even if it is, it's certainly not uncommon. I know quite a few single fundie women Jana's age or older.

25 minutes ago, FrozenSmile said:

Were the times that you saw her recent?

7 hours ago, Bethella said:

@sawasdee I haven't traveled all that extensively, but my list of phrases also includes a very important one- Where's the bathroom?

My favorite thing is when people fuck this up in Germany. In German, "Wo" means "where" but "Wer" means "who." People want so hard to say "where" that they go "Wer ist die toilette?" :pb_lol:

There are still younger sisters at home. My suspicion is she stays to protect. Let's not forget she's the only one of her immediate group of siblings that wasn't attacked. That's bound to have had an effect to - perhaps even an element of survivor guilt and that's before you add any oldest sibling/siblings' keeper type stuff and whatever else is served up to a sibling who 'allowed' it to happen.

We know that Jana and Jessa had a rough patch. It would be a normal thing for at least one of them to have had 'why me not you' (or vice versa) feelings to contend with inwardly at least - and if the others got no treatment in the aftermath, then we can safely assume she didn't either.

Heck, just knowing my sister was bullied in school and I did nothing (couldn't have, we went to different schools at distance to home) messed me up for years and impacted our relationship - and that's nothing by comparison.

I'm thinking Jana being so old for marriage in the Fundie world might be the best thing that ever happened to her. 

Regarding her age there is such pressure about it. I don't come from a fundie background (there are a lot less here in the UK) but i do come from a Christian one, I'm 26F and single and most of my Christian friends are already married. Even my non-Christian friends are tying the knot and every single event i go to (particularly family) i get the inane questions. They don't know what to say in response when i tell them its not my fault no-one wants me, aside from the stomach churning 'it will happen when you least expect it' or 'have you tried online dating, isn't there that Christian site'. None of this comes from my immediate family, thank goodness, who are just lovely and supportive but i cant imagine how tough it must be for Jana who has it in her face the whole time!

I feel stupid admitting this... what am I missing in Jonathan's picture? I see planes,  a reflection of a clock,  some legs and a weird white hand. It doesn't seem sexual at all.  Help a girl out here! TIA 

It seems weird to me that he's home now.  I thought all the Hartonos would be there for all the Duggar events, including Joy's debut as a child bride. It looks like they spend as much time with the Duggars as do Jessa and Bin.  

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure Jonathan Hartono commented on somebody's IG a few weeks ago that he wouldn't be able to stay long enough for the wedding. Unfortunately I don't have the time to go back and look now. 

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived