IGNORED

Jana's Future 4 - Family Ties

choralcrusader8613

9 minutes ago, Jinder Roles said:

Don't be fooled. The brand of Christianity they subscribe to is rife with organizations, people and belief systems that are racist, culturally insensitive and xenophobic at their cores. 

Yes this is true! However, they would be much more willing to let Jana marry Jonathan Hartono than a white, Irish Catholic. 

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Being racist doesn't necessarily mean they wouldn't allow one of their children to marry someone of a different race.

On 5/9/2017 at 6:12 PM, marmalade said:

Hartono lists "Personal Assistant" to JB Duggar on his LinkedIn account from 5/12 - 8/13.

:pb_lol: 

4 hours ago, PVMom said:

I feel like if Hartono has been around the family for several years she would have noticed him back when she was 23,25,26......I feel like them courting now sadly makes me think she's settling.   

I don't think so.  I don't believe Jana is courting Hartono, but I also don't believe courting someone she already knew would be settling.  My husband waited between four and five years of friendship before asking me out due to fear of rejection.  I didn't know he was interested in me (or in anyone), and I also had a fear of rejection in general.  

I've creeped on that guy's instagram page for a few months, and I was very surprised to see that it was set to private last night.  I tend to think that this is mostly due to the Radar article than a courtship.  

He has a younger (I think she's younger?) sister named Jennifer.  I've often wondered if one of the boys considered courting her.  If Jana is courting Jonathan, then I hope it's because she wants to; not because JB is trying to sell her off.  

It's pretty crazy how this rumor blew up. It all started with 1 gossip site speculating then it was copied by numerous trash sites. I've seen dozens of posts congratulating Jana and hoping it's true. The shit people will believe. 

I think the story of Jana and Jonathan is pure BS. He is much younger than Jana, and he strikes me as being very immature and kind of goofy.  And let's face it, he's not exactly good-looking. In all of the dozens of photos he has posted he is usually with the younger kids or holding babies.  I just don't buy it.

23 minutes ago, picklepizzas said:

seem to include quotes from a unnamed source close to the family (so...famy?)

the unnamed source is the reporter pulling it out of his ass

1 hour ago, picklepizzas said:

so now all the stories (like this one: http://www.wetpaint.com/jana-duggar-jonathan-hartono-courting-1590314/) seem to include quotes from a unnamed source close to the family (so...famy?). I was definitely a doubter but now I wonder if there's any truth to the rumors. 

Likely not. If it's not from a reputable source AND it quotes an unnamed source then I wouldn't really trust it. Tabloids aren't really known for being truthful and it's really easy to make stuff up when you aren't actually attributing it to anyone.

Now if this was one of the Duggars quoted in People saying that Jana was courting Jonathon, that I would believe.

Looks like Radar Online released the article quoting an insider first. These are the quotes from the "family insider:" 

“Jonathan and his sister often stayed with the Duggars during breaks from school in the summer and over holidays”

“He was always over their house. The Duggars watched over him like family.”

Jonathan is  “really nice and cool”

“I think he and Jana are actually a great match because he's so sweet and fun,” the source added. 

Wow. A 3 year old could have done better. Any IDIOT can make these up. And any IDIOT can deduct these simple things by looking at his instagram. These "family insiders" aren't new either. I think Jessa addressed this very issue at one point in time. Every year there's several really popular rumors about Jana (or another family member) that grow really fast and widespread that gossip sites make up or speculate in order to get attention. The point is that 99.8% of the time it's pure concentrated BS. 

BTW, don't know if it's been noted already but Johnny boy is in Pensacola for graduations and a wedding. He's been there for like a week.

IMG_3462.PNG

The man being much younger doesn't seem to be an issue with them. Ben is 2.5 years younger than Jessa and they even met and probably started pre-courting when he was still a minor! I know it sounds stupid but there was speculation whether Jana liked the Asian crew member Frank Sun, and maybe she is into East/South-East Asian looking guys. Why not? Maybe she has a type and they have know for a decade. That's a good foundation for a relationship if you ask me, If he is her type and they's known for a very long time.

10 hours ago, AnnaRuk09 said:

BTW, don't know if it's been noted already but Johnny boy is in Pensacola for graduations and a wedding. He's been there for like a week.

Jenni was a bridesmaid. The Indonesians at PCC are a VERY tight (practically segregated) bunch. 

And there it is! I couldn't figure out why he didn't just shut Radar down with a no instead of not commenting....but perhaps it was as simple as not answering the phone or email, not specifically saying 'no comment'. He just doesn't seem like the type she has described....though a nice enough guy, not her dream guy.

The story just reeked of tabloid gossip desperation. I mean if something was going to happen between the two of them, I think it would have already happened.

On 5/9/2017 at 8:47 PM, Carm_88 said:

I've said it before, I'll say it again; JB doesn't care about race. He's concerned about what brand of Christian you are. 

Oh I'm positive he cares about race. He's a conservative, white good ol' boy from the south. Of course he's racist. I don't think he would allow any of his girls to marry someone from another "race" OR from another religion.

From Patheos: 

Independent Fundamental Baptists (IFB) is a loosely-affiliated, cultish denomination of Christian fundamentalists. According to the Pew Forum on Religious and Public Life, there are approximately 7.85 million IFB members in America. It’s unlikely there isn’t an IFB church within a half-hour drive from your house.

Some of the beliefs and practices characteristic of Independent Fundamental Baptists are:

→ Black people bear the “mark of Cain,” and so are cursed. http://www.patheos.com/blogs/johnshore/2013/11/the-foul-toxicity-of-the-8-million-strong-independent-fundamental-baptists-headed-by-bob-jones-university/

Form the Southern Poverty Law Center - 

The Appleby Baptist Church in Nacogdoches, Texas, is among this country’s scattered, independent fundamentalist churches still openly promoting the idea that the Biblical Noah pronounced a curse on descendants of his son, Ham. Ham had sexually molested Noah as he slept in a drunken stupor, and Noah realized it, the story goes. The curse ultimately fell on Canaan, Noah’s grandson, whose descendants were black and fated to be an underclass of slaves, according to this version of the Bible, which has been widely discredited by mainstream religious scholars. https://www.splcenter.org/hatewatch/2013/04/25/texas’-appleby-baptist-church-pushes-racist-doctrine

It seemed pretty speculative that Jana wasn't being courted by Hartono for various reasons but I feel there is a 0 % chance any of the Duggar girls would ever be permitted to marry someone from a different "race".  

Do the Duggars still to this day claim to be IFB? There could be truth to the Duggars about the whole race thing but In my personal opinion, JB first and most importantly looks at someone's beliefs/convictions/doctrinal positions. The Duggars do have friends that are Asian and Black JD that have been featured on 19KAC. Also, weren't the Duggars at one point genuinely contemplating adopting a baby from El Salvador?

Jana is the last single girl in the house so it is possible. At least I'm holding out hope! My sister married into a very nice Hispanic family. All the men are super handsome and incredibly hard working and loyal like I've never seen before. It'd be a dream to see Jana with a gentle and passionate Latino lol! 

30 minutes ago, AnnaRuk09 said:

The Duggars do have friends that are Asian and Black JD that have been featured on 19KAC.

But was that TLC showng they 'weren't racist' to make them more palatable?  Hartono occupied a very menial position when he worked for JB.

Just because they have Asian and Black friends, or they were claiming to contemplate adopting a Latino child, doesn't mean they are not racist. 

I'm sure they are racist in many senses of the word, but I don't think they would stop a child from marrying outside their race. They would just act like that person was a wonderful exception to stereotypes that they believe to be true. (Christianity can save ANYONE, even brown people!) And I think they're aware that having friends of all races could make their T.V. show more interesting or seem more palatable to some audiences. Gotta have a token friend "of color." Jinger had a black girl as a bridesmaid. And isn't Marjorie Jackson Latina?

2 hours ago, AnnaRuk09 said:

Do the Duggars still to this day claim to be IFB?

The Duggar main family is currently attending an IFB church.

However, I'm not sure that article holds the truth for all IFB churches.  One not too far away from me has both Hispanic and black associate ministers. 

2 hours ago, sawasdee said:

But was that TLC showng they 'weren't racist' to make them more palatable?  Hartono occupied a very menial position when he worked for JB.

Ben cleaned toilets.

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived