IGNORED

Joy and Austin: Getting Married is Too Much Work!

choralcrusader8613

1 minute ago, VBOY9977 said:

I can see Joy in something like this: simple, outdoorsy , country, and I think it'll really suit her body type

IMG_0996.PNG

That is pretty I love the gold ribbon too. 

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

I can see Joy in something like this: simple, outdoorsy , country, and I think it'll really suit her body type

IMG_0996.PNG

I think this is the only one out of all the ones posted that I can actually see Joy wearing. Very pretty, not too frou-frou. I like it.

Eta: I also like this one @nastyhobbitses posted.

94dc0cc6e8fbb64af4f706e2fe297d19.jpg

The tea length ones are nice but I don't see Michelle or her sisters letting her get away with a shorter dress.

Does anyone have pics of whitneys dress and bm's dresses? Its occured to me that i dont think ive seen them. Same with alyssa. I vaguely remember erin and michaels badly altered t shirt dresses. 

Whitney's wedding

Spoiler

10615be9b6fcd3138cc424358418a93e.jpg

11277517ab9c0a14a8a59ba95049b80e.jpg

23bec22394ba1194d5233ffee6a1c71a.jpg

Alyssa's wedding

Spoiler

The+Bates+Girls+Blog+%2322.jpg

The+Bates+Girls+Blog+%2324.jpg

31c3b931ac43e02771ab9dba6d6ae2f0.jpg

And for comparison's sake, Michael's:

Spoiler

michaella-bates-wedding-8.jpg

michaella-bates-wedding-2.jpg

unspecified2.jpg

And Erin's:

Spoiler

d062f70417a46d05033b676fae7802ea.jpg

d3ca7b05df68267c206b793d7f918b71.jpg

ddc1dd0f1658bd711edf4e64badbb4f0.jpg

Good lord, I forgot just how bad Alyssa's wedding was.  Bride looked beautiful, but everyone else looked like they were showing up for a school dance in the 80s.  

Whit's wedding was cute.  I did like her dress.  

Thank so much for posting these pics @VineHeart137! It looks to me like Whitney and Zach had dancing at their wedding? Or at least a dance floor? Wowzers. I absolutely loved the colors of Erin and Chad's wedding. Alyssa's wedding was not my taste but at the same time it's fun seeing personality come through. I didn't love Michael's wedding colors either but it's not my wedding and it was tasteful. 

41 minutes ago, Eternalbluepearl said:

Thank so much for posting these pics @VineHeart137! It looks to me like Whitney and Zach had dancing at their wedding? Or at least a dance floor? Wowzers. I absolutely loved the colors of Erin and Chad's wedding. Alyssa's wedding was not my taste but at the same time it's fun seeing personality come through. I didn't love Michael's wedding colors either but it's not my wedding and it was tasteful. 

There was a dance floor, but no dancing. Kelly was very clear about that when someone asked on their old blog. I'm guessing that Whit's adoptive parents were a bit more relaxed about reception sites than the Bates parents may have been. Or maybe she and Zach had more money to work with. 

Whit had a great dress. I'm not a fan of boleros, but it allowed her to meet their stupid modesty standards while wearing a strapless dress she loved and she clearly made it work.

I liked the pink that Michael chose. I think it would have paired better with a darker brown, but I'm not sure if the cherry blossom inspiration she was going for would have worked with that. I do like that no modesty alterations were really needed for the Bridesmaid dresses though. 

All the Bates daughters and Whit have looked lovely in their dresses so far. The modesty alterations for Michael and Erin were just tragic, but all of them had dresses that fit them very well and that makes a big difference. I think Alyssa clearly had the best dress though. And I will forever find it amazing that she got away with wearing ridiculously high hot pink heels. 

ETA: Side-by-side collage for comparision. I tried my best to find clear and flattering pictures of each.

IMG_5714.thumb.JPG.1dd5a80e5bc2a9f7f2202d41e560de66.JPG

I picture these. They're simple, not too big and comfortable. 

Spoiler

s635402862218861374_p31_i14_w2560.jpeg

Spoiler

f082cb923dca96fc7ad9f545e5b0584e.jpg

Spoiler

5f8eeb9b45f774be39844652de9925c0.jpg

We were completely off on Jinger though. She went full traditional princess bride, instead of bohemian flower child. 

I pray Joy doesn't look like an 80s rodeo bride. She's already got it rough. 

p.s: If you want to look at more well-done modest wedding dresses, look no further than Alta Moda Bridal on Pinterest. Such beautiful and diverse selection. 

I have to say, some of these "cowgirl" dresses are kind of hilarious, in my opinion. I'm just a few years older than Joy, and I just don't see her wearing anything so costume-y or dated. I think she'll go with more of a bohemian and casual look, or will be influenced so much by her sisters that it'll go totally the other way and be really satin-y and formal. 

Hi everyone! Long time lurker, first time poster. 

I really hope Joy wears a shorter wedding dress. I can see her awful parents not allowing it, but I still wish it would happen. I think she would look so cute and she would stand out from her sisters. 

Normally I would say that I love Anna's dress because I love all things simple, but she just doesn't radiate happiness like the other girls do. Even Jill, who had the worst dress in my opinion, is glowing with happiness. I wonder if Anna doesn't look as happy because wasn't in love with her dress? Or maybe it's something else. 

I liked my dress, but it wasn't *the* dress. I was 6 months pregnant when we got married so I bought an empire waist because I was worried about it fitting. It was a nice dress but you can tell I'm not in love with it from the pictures. 

1 hour ago, MoonFace said:

Alyssa's bridesmaid dresses make my eyes hurt

Ya...I feel like my bowl of fruity pebbles spilled all over your bridesmaids.

Oh lord, I forgot about Michael dressing her bridesmaids like weird flesh-colored crustaceans.

I like the colour of Erin's bridesmaid dresses. Alyssa's, I did forget how bright they were. Wow. 

3 hours ago, Georgiana said:

Good lord, I forgot just how bad Alyssa's wedding was.  Bride looked beautiful, but everyone else looked like they were showing up for a school dance in the 80s.  

Whit's wedding was cute.  I did like her dress.  

Alyssa's Wedding- It was like Malibu Barbie and her kid sister Skipper threw an 80's themed sorority mixer and a wedding sort of happened in the middle of everything. 

Spotted a pretty good side by side comparison, minus Anna, on Google. There aren't many good, clear photos of her dress, at least not on Google images. It's cool how different they all are. It will be interesting to see Joy's preferences. Like someone else said, FJ was pretty off when it came  to Jinger's perceived style, so we'll see how rustic cowgirl Joy actually goes.

e330faf5229a7a74598c3aaa8c17732f.jpg

_MGL1398-1.jpg

Using only David's Bridal and their modesty standards (instead of guessing at what Joy may like - because modesty counts more than what she likes. :roll:):

There are some others, but I figured I'd stick with four.

The dress will be long. I doubt we'll see any illusion necklines or backs. Too risqué. Color could be a "traditional" white or ivory, but could also be blush. Neckline could also be on the low side for Duggar standards - thanks for setting a precedent there Jessa. I doubt her parents would be cool with a bolero over a strapless dress like Whitney Bates.

I think she'll go for something closer to Jessa's dress personally - she may be more comfortable in a ball gown or A-line silhouette if she isn't used to showing her figure off (she's a beautiful woman, but comfort should be key when it comes to wedding attire. If you aren't comfortable it usually shows in the photos.)

5 hours ago, VBOY9977 said:

IMG_0996.PNG

This is similar to what I see for Joy. I thought Jinger would do sleeves and lace but I never would've guessed that very long train. 

For Joy I'm guessing something comfortable and easy to move around in. No long train, no detailed beading, it won't be fitted through the hips, and it won't be fancy. So I pictured something similar to this picture. Although she could go with shorter sleeves as well. And I'm standing by my cowboy boots prediction from the day she got engaged. 

5 minutes ago, Kelsey said:

That was one I almost posted here. I ruled it out because of the back - can't have sweet, virginal Joy tempting those lustfilled wedding guests with a shot of her back.

(They could try and alter it to fit their standards. But why wish that on the poor dress? :pb_lol:)

Erin's dress was the most heidous ever (the alterations though) and Michael's was not as ugly but ugly. I liked Whitney's and Alyssa's. I think Joy is going for a simple easy to move around dress, she's practical and not too girly but I guess we'll see, I hope the Duggars let her wear whatever she wants to wear even if it is cowgirl tacky:pb_lol: 

6 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

NO!  Something more like this.  

dress neckline.jpg

Why does this girl look like she's trying to aim pee in a bucket?

Speaking of Joy, I don't think anyone has posted this photo of her? 

i didn't recognise her at first.

51 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

This is similar to what I see for Joy. I thought Jinger would do sleeves and lace but I never would've guessed that very long train. 

For Joy I'm guessing something comfortable and easy to move around in. No long train, no detailed beading, it won't be fitted through the hips, and it won't be fancy. So I pictured something similar to this picture. Although she could go with shorter sleeves as well. And I'm standing by my cowboy boots prediction from the day she got engaged. 

yasssss i LOVE that dress for Joy, it's so her. haha. The word that comes to mind when I think of Joy and style is "natural" - uncomplicated, simple, practical, etc. Jinger, I too was expecting to go a bit more bohemian flower-child than center-stage royal train, but I'm not at all surprised that she did pick something very intricate and meticulously-crafted. She's definitely the visionary of the bunch.  

I can't see her in the short, Gunne-Sax-ish "80s cowgirl dress"  or any of the more "cowboy" type.. I think @Jinder Roles has it right. We were wrong on Jinger.. way off. This might be the only time JoyAnna gets to pick the dress, and she might go for flat out the girliest dress of all.

As I've scrolled through these pictures, I can see the Duggars on FJ, scrolling through the wedding dress pics.

"Oh, Joy! They found another one on your list! Now you can't try THAT one on!"

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived