IGNORED

Joy and Austin: Getting Married is Too Much Work!

choralcrusader8613

58 minutes ago, Four is Enough said:

As I've scrolled through these pictures, I can see the Duggars on FJ, scrolling through the wedding dress pics.

"Oh, Joy! They found another one on your list! Now you can't try THAT one on!"

I can see Jessa doing just that.

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Joy shared her clothes with her sisters and they weren't all the same size and shape. I hope she finds something beautiful.

I had forgotten how awful Erin's dress was in the bust area.  It was pretty below the bust and fit well.  My least favorite is still Jill's.  It looks like she wore a box covered in lace.  With the ill fitting dress, her stringy hair, no shoes ... she looked unkept on her wedding day too. 

1 hour ago, Four is Enough said:

As I've scrolled through these pictures, I can see the Duggars on FJ, scrolling through the wedding dress pics.

"Oh, Joy! They found another one on your list! Now you can't try THAT one on!"

That dress is picked, bought, and I'm sure she has been filmed trying it on. We will see it in the Fall but it has totally already happened. :pb_rollseyes:

19 hours ago, Salty1 said:

My 1983 Prom Dress....lol

I loved it, still in the closet. It was off white.

Mine as also almost like that, Jr. Prom, 1981 :my_smile:

4 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

I like the colour of Erin's bridesmaid dresses. Alyssa's, I did forget how bright they were. Wow. 

They are horrible.

When my older daughter was 8-11ish, we just had to shop at that nightmarish tween trap,  "The Limited, Too" and I hated it. Everything was pink and purple, purple and pink. All manner of shades and styles. Nauseating. 

Alyssa didn't get to go to stores like that so she wayyy over compensated. Otherwise, I cannot explain it.

3 minutes ago, Nikedagain? said:

They are horrible.

When my older daughter was 8-11ish, we just had to shop at that nightmarish tween trap,  "The Limited, Too" and I hated it. Everything was pink and purple, purple and pink. All manner of shades and styles. Nauseating. 

Alyssa didn't get to go to stores like that so she wayyy over compensated. Otherwise, I cannot explain it.

Now the tween trap is called Justice. The sparkles and neon colors will blind you!

If I remember correctly, Erin ended up ordering a 2nd dress last minute. That may be why her dress isn't as beautiful as it could have been.

I used to work at Justice. I couldn't believe how much money people spent in that store. Wait for the sales and shop the clearance rack!

And yes, it was very... bright. I actually didn't mind the job, though. People were usually happy when they were buying cute stuff for their kids or grandkids.

8 hours ago, VineHeart137 said:

Whitney's wedding

Hide contents

10615be9b6fcd3138cc424358418a93e.jpg

11277517ab9c0a14a8a59ba95049b80e.jpg

23bec22394ba1194d5233ffee6a1c71a.jpg

Alyssa's wedding

Hide contents

The+Bates+Girls+Blog+%2322.jpg

The+Bates+Girls+Blog+%2324.jpg

31c3b931ac43e02771ab9dba6d6ae2f0.jpg

And for comparison's sake, Michael's:

Reveal hidden contents

michaella-bates-wedding-8.jpg

michaella-bates-wedding-2.jpg

unspecified2.jpg

And Erin's:

Hide contents

d062f70417a46d05033b676fae7802ea.jpg

d3ca7b05df68267c206b793d7f918b71.jpg

ddc1dd0f1658bd711edf4e64badbb4f0.jpg

Those bridesmaids' dresses tell me that the Bates girls are...Satin worshipers.

I'll show myself out.

21 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Now the tween trap is called Justice. The sparkles and neon colors will blind you!

Oh lordy, Justice. I had to "shop" there a couple of Christmases ago for my then 11 year old niece. Hopefully, she's outgrown it by now. We get her Christmas and b-day presents at the same time, as those events are about 3 weeks apart. 

I think that was the year that charm bracelets were all the rage, so we bought two. 

So, what's the store for upper middle class almost-14 year olds? I have no clue...

Now that the already married girls are more... adventurous in their fashions. It makes me wonder what types of dresses they would have chosen for now.

Looking back, Alyssa's doesn't even scream "look at me! Modest wedding dress!" Same for Whitney's. I don't like the bolero, but it makes sense that she chose to have it in order to avoid altering a dress. Which was still pretty low cut for fundie standards. [emoji23]

On 4/30/2017 at 7:37 AM, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Here is another good place to send old wedding gowns, especially older out of style gowns that won't work for today's brides. Angel gowns, they take old wedding dresses and turn them into burial outfits for, usually premature babies that didn't survive. It's a horrible thing to think of and even worse to live, but something sadly that is necessary.    https://stillremembered.org/angelgowns/ 

It's super sweet. My niece was born at 27 weeks and died an hour after birth. We knew she had heart issues, but the doctors thought she could have surgery after birth. My brother and sister in law had nothing they could put her in. The hospital had donated items for them. I am so thankful for those volunterrs who crafted things. It still makes me cry thinking about their kindness and how much it meant to everyone in the family. I wish we could thank them more directly. 

1 hour ago, KnittingOwl said:

It's super sweet. My niece was born at 27 weeks and died an hour after birth. We knew she had heart issues, but the doctors thought she could have surgery after birth. My brother and sister in law had nothing they could put her in. The hospital had donated items for them. I am so thankful for those volunterrs who crafted things. It still makes me cry thinking about their kindness and how much it meant to everyone in the family. I wish we could thank them more directly. 

I wanted to like this, but not without explaining that it's an upvote of love and support. I'm so very sorry for your family's loss. :romance-grouphug:

6 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

That was one I almost posted here. I ruled it out because of the back - can't have sweet, virginal Joy tempting those lustfilled wedding guests with a shot of her back.

(They could try and alter it to fit their standards. But why wish that on the poor dress? :pb_lol:)

I would almost think a low back could slide, if she wore her hair down and a longer veil, you'd never know her back was open. But you are right, no way they would let her show more than skin that isn't about her neck below her shoulders and below her knees.  Because shoulder blades and the middle of a the back is so scandalous. 

6 hours ago, Incognito22 said:

Why does this girl look like she's trying to aim pee in a bucket?

I know!  I almost didn't post it because of the way she's standing but the dress and the veil are similar to what I was thinking, put that with some cowboy boots and she'd look so cute. 

1 hour ago, VelociRapture said:

I wanted to like this, but not without explaining that it's an upvote of love and support. I'm so very sorry for your family's loss. :romance-grouphug:

Thank you. I've had a miscarriage, but it was so early. I can't imagine how hard it was for my brother and SIL. 

But, they now have my super sweet nephew who is 6 months old. Without losing Ruby, he wouldn't be here. Trying to find the positive as much as possible. :)

I forgot how heinous Alyssa's  bridesmaids dresses were.

Michael's  bridesmaids dresses were from Dainty Jewells, an apostolic company. Their dresses are gorgeous and I'm surprised none of the Duggar have used them. They are spendy, though, and maybe that's why.

4 hours ago, actuallyjessica said:

Now that the already married girls are more... adventurous in their fashions. It makes me wonder what types of dresses they would have chosen for now.

Looking back, Alyssa's doesn't even scream "look at me! Modest wedding dress!" Same for Whitney's. I don't like the bolero, but it makes sense that she chose to have it in order to avoid altering a dress. Which was still pretty low cut for fundie standards. emoji23.png

I'm confused why Erin didn't have Michael as a bridesmaid.

4 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

Those bridesmaids' dresses tell me that the Bates girls are...Satin worshipers.

I'll show myself out.

Love this post with all the pictures!!! Kelly Bates is so pretty, she fits right in with all those young girls and it took a while to pick her out! Also like Chad's blindfold which is unintentionally rather 50 Shades...

5 hours ago, TheDuggarnaut said:

I forgot how heinous Alyssa's  bridesmaids dresses were.

Michael's  bridesmaids dresses were from Dainty Jewells, an apostolic company. Their dresses are gorgeous and I'm surprised none of the Duggar have used them. They are spendy, though, and maybe that's why.

Well, for Anna's wedding they didn't have the money. Jill wouldn't have wanted them because she wanted to be a Modesty Martyr and show everyone how godly and pure she is by making her older sister alter the ungodly Whore Dresses that were the only dresses she could find in that color. Jessa stated that she wanted cheaper dresses. Jinger would have gotten some nice ones, but she went the custom route. Who knows? Maybe Joy will use them.

This looks like Joy to me

I kid you not, that looks exactly like my great-grandmother's wedding dress minus the belt.

10 hours ago, Nikedagain? said:

They are horrible.

Oh god Limited Too. I need to send my mom a gift basket as an apology for how much crap from there and Hot Topic I begged her to buy for me.

10 hours ago, marmalade said:

Oh lordy, Justice. I had to "shop" there a couple of Christmases ago for my then 11 year old niece. Hopefully, she's outgrown it by now. We get her Christmas and b-day presents at the same time, as those events are about 3 weeks apart. 

I think that was the year that charm bracelets were all the rage, so we bought two. 

So, what's the store for upper middle class almost-14 year olds? I have no clue...

I think there isn't much between Justice and the boring adult world these days. My niece was big for her age and she couldn't fit into their clothes while she was still a tween. It bothered her, and there didn't seem to be a good alternative store.

Back when the wedding happened/was approaching, Kelly explained that Michael had been asked, but declined because she felt far too shy.

So in that respect, being with Brandon has definitely brought Michael out of her shell.

6 hours ago, SHERA said:

According to Kelly, Erin did want Michael as a bridesmaid, but Michael didn't want to be one. She wanted to stay in the background. She contributed by making the dresses (and she ended up walking one of the flower girls down the aisle because she (the flower girl) started crying. I think it was Callie.) Not sure what changed her mind for Alyssa's wedding.

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived